Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Thailand  (Read 103226 times)

Offline CallumTT

All bars are closed.  Restaurants are open (those that have survived) but can't serve alcohol and close 8pm.  Heard anecdotal evidence that some clubs in Samui are open and serving alcohol but can't confirm.  It will be very quiet.

Thanks for the information Clive.  Heck, that sounds dull.  BKK is off the cards then, at least for now.  Is this the case in Phuket as well, does anyone know?  I was hoping more would be open there with the sandbox etc.   But if the bars are closed there too, and restaurants closing early then I may just not go there either.

Offline clivethomas

Bars closed in Phuket and Bangkok.

Only place they appear to be open is Chaweng in Samui, which are fairly busy on the weekend.  I'm not sure how legal this is, and Samui has always seemed to operate with it's own set of rules but you can't rely on these staying open

I'm hoping things have improved by October to coincide with the great reopening they've announced to the double jabbed.  I saw something about a Pattaya sandbox, where they were drawing up a map with areas of places you can go and can't go.  Sounds fun!

Offline wtfb

Phuket made the decision to close the bars and shut the restaurants early.... This seems to be a decision made by Phuket itself not by national government so it seems likely that Samui as another sandbox can make it's own decisions.

External Link/Members Only

Offline Your Chef

With another 13k cases and more Government criticism today it is getting worse in Thailand.

Offline tony22

It's getting worse in the villages as well, where people are yet to be vaccinated, and cases are going up so people are scared to leave their home. The fabric of the country is falling apart. The government need to be bold and go all out to vaccinate, but that's a tough ask from where they are now. Personally, I'm not expecting to be there this year....

Offline CallumTT

Thanks for the info everyone. 

That BKKpost article was a joke.  They want to encourage tourists to go there but note that "partying and drinking alcohol on the beaches" is a 1-2 year prison sentence! 

Offline Marmalade

Assuming someone has already made thr decision to go, then covid or no covid, first stop is Bangkok and after a few days there to get one’s bearings it should be easy enough to check out the situation in other areas without all the planning ahead. If bars are shut then freelancers on the street
may well be more plentiful as well as online bookings. Personally I think it’s not necessary to over-plan.

Things to plan ahead:
First two nights’ accommodation.
The large number of places in BKK makes it easy to switch if your first choice was a bummer.
How to make travel arrangements. Maps, flights and bus routes out of the city are easy to research ahead in order to save time.
If you’re new, a list of scams to avoid.

Chiangmai is a bit of a haul: why not consider Koh Samui?
Don’t forget sightseeing — you’ll want some vanilla pics to show mates at work when you get back.

Offline GMontag

Moving to Thailand next weekend, will be there for work for the foreseeable future. Excited as this had been a dream after I visited back in 2019. Things sort of just fell into place with the opportunity and getting it sorted past couple of months. 2 weeks Quarantine followed by a month in a hotel while I sort out permanent accommodation.

Have, on and off, kept in touch with 3 ladies I had met on Tinder and Thai friendly. The stories I hear is that things are quite bad. All of them were Bangkok based but have all moved to their villages and ate struggling to make ends meet.

One in particular is a very pretty 26 year old. Very fit lady. She's been sending me pictures of her in the village and she's still looking incredibly stunning. Met her on Thai Friendly. Of course a WG but built a good rapport after first meet that on my return to Bangkok after visiting other cities she spent 3 days with me at my hotel  only going for her day job. Only gave her my left over cash on leaving.

New punting adventures to look forward to as will be working across a number of countries in SEA.

Offline fisherofsouls

Insanely jealous :)

But as you probably know, if you take a Thai woman into your life, the rest of the family is not far behind!!

Offline tony22

Good luck Montag. My advice would be take your time, don't jump in the first cab that comes along, there's plenty more behind to choose from. And if you do get serious, only spend on land/house the amount of money that you'd be willing to leave behind and forget about if you break up. Enjoy yourself.

Offline Diamonddog

I won’t be going this year Bangkok is still in lockdown nothing open
Same can happen at any of the sandbox areas at any time just tooo risky

Offline mrx007

Sounds amazing SEA. better than being in this sinking country  :dash:. Enjoy life!  :drinks:

Offline Bangers and Gash

But as you probably know, if you take a Thai woman into your life, the rest of the family is not far behind!!

Are you serious? There is no way I'm fucking her granny and uncle too.  :hi:

Offline seandana

I have seen her uncle he/she is one of the sexiest ladyboys i've ever seen.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 11:13:59 am by seandana »

Offline Absolutman

More likely they will be fucking with you in the sense you are a money tree for them, paying for a new car, surgery or whatever financial scrape. Biggest scam of all is getting you to buy a house in the lady’s name. You will not last long after that.

Offline Asianfcuker

More likely they will be fucking with you in the sense you are a money tree for them, paying for a new car, surgery or whatever financial scrape. Biggest scam of all is getting you to buy a house in the lady’s name. You will not last long after that.

You forgot the Sick Water Buffalo  :D :D :D

AF

Offline Goodfellas000

Jeez! You're great at stating the bleeding obvious coupled with being a barrel of laughs, ain't ya'!

Offline Your Chef

For the those thinking of visiting soon here's a list of approved hotels.

Offline ruggedscot

only the mentally challenged will let their dick rule thier brain...

been in thailand a few times and not yet have I bought a house or paid the vets bill for the water buffalo...

You go and you enjoy yourself and you have your fun and you know exactly what your there for and judge accordingly.

Offline Stickitin

Insanely jealous :)

That’s generalist claptrap you hear from people that mostly hang around with hookers in Thailand.

Offline Your Chef

I am looking at 8 or so nights in Bangkok in November, escape the start of the UK winter. Hopefully no quarantine will be required.

Now written off for this year, record number of infections today.

Offline fisherofsouls

That’s generalist claptrap you hear from people that mostly hang around with hookers in Thailand.

Thai masseuse to me, yesterday: "You got Thai girlfriend?"
Me: "Nah, they always come with the whole family attached."
Her: "Haha, true! So Thai 🙂"

Offline lostandfound

What, you mean like punters?  :sarcastic:

Seems a strange comment to make on a site devoted to punting.  :lol:

Offline BaldEagle

Now written off for this year, record number of infections today.

And according to BBC News going on the red list from 4:00am on Monday  :cry:

Offline wtfb

I am in Phuket now and have been here for a month. I came as part of the Phuket Sandbox and will probably stay until the UK government recognizes it is colour blind. Under the Sandbox(as was - now there is a 7+7 option) you have to pre-book 14 days in an SHA plus hotel, pay for 3 PCR tests and transport from the airport to your hotel. You also need to get a COE from the Thai Embassy.  Despite some horror stories I found that process easy as long as you followed the rules. I have no doubt that going in August meant the process was a bit smoother, For the first 14 nights you have to spend every night at the hotel but you can bring overnight "guests". The hotel I stayed in had a bar that was open from lunchtime through to 9pm every day and you could drink as much as you wanted. After the 14 days you get a "release letter" which lets you go anywhere in Thailand.

There has been a lot written about the ban on alcohol. Well, its bollocks. In a month I have only been refused a beer on two occasions and one of them was a Muslim run restaurant. Sometimes you get the beer in coffee mugs, sometimes in bottles but you can always get beer and wine and cocktails. I was in a bar tonight where I ordered a Chang which came in beer glass and the waitress put an empty bottle of Heineken 0,0 next to the beer and said "in case the police come". However I don't think the police give a toss. I was drinking in a bar two nights ago where there were three police drinking beer and still in uniform!

Just about all the massage shops are open everywhere in Phuket, some are legit but many offer extras. Massage with extras is usually 1300 baht but the extras vary. For 1300 I have had a two handed massage plus happy ending but bbbj and pussy licking with MiMi in Kamala for the same amount. A very enthusiastic FS in Nai Yang for only 1500 complete with screaming orgasms. Some of the masseuses used to work in the bars and are available for ST and LT.

£1 = 45Baht (£1 = 37 baht last time I was here)

I stayed in Patong for my 14 days but this was a mistake. Patong is very quiet. There were a couple of girlie bars open in Bangla Road and there was a pop up bar there I used many times. However Bangla Road is dead compared with what it used to be. Even the McDonalds are shut!

If I was doing the Sandbox now I would definitely stay in Rawai/Sai Yuan. I am currently staying in Sai Yuan in a £12 a night deluxe double room in a 4* hotel with pool and which has no joiners fee. Within a 5 minute walk there are 4 girlie bars, 7 massage shops and a couple of decent restaurants. The girlie bars have now got restaurant licenses and some will warm up some food for you in a microwave - but they don't actually have any other cooking facilities. Others do do some decent food. Most of the massage shops stay open until 11pm. All the "restaurants" are supposed to close at 9pm and the legit ones do but I have been in two of the girlie bars until after midnight. Prices for short time vary from 1000 to 2000 baht. Long time 2000 to 3000 baht. I have, paid 3000 twice but wouldn't pay that much again. The bar fine can be 300 baht but it's not always been charged. Quality of the girls is not always great but there is choice and not much competition. Usually 6-12 girls in a bar. Beer prices vary a lot, 55 Baht to 100 baht. Chang generally a bit cheaper than Leo or Singha. San Mig often most expensive. Lady drinks - I have been quoted 100 - 250. I won't pay more than 150. Times are hard.

Of the other tourist areas, Karon and Kata are dead and mostly derelict. I can't see how these two places will ever recover. When I think what Karon used to be like... Bangla road is a dead but the buildings are being maintained and will be easy to re-open when the law allows. Of the northern beaches Nai Thon is dead. Nothing is open not even 7/11 or Family Mart. Mai Khao beach is dead and derelict. Nai Yang is open and I have had some good times there. It's a lovely little beach as well. I will be spending more time at Nai Yang as well as Rawai/Sai Yuan. Kamala beach was lively with 4-5 genuine restaurants but no girlie bars, Kamala generally is opening up though. I first went there soon after I first arrived and it was dead but now there are several bars open and punters in evidence, I expect to spend a couple of days there next week so I will report back. I haven't been to Phuket old town yet so no idea what that's like.

Aside from enjoying the punting I have loved my time here. I was last in Phuket just under two years ago and didn't like it that much, It was heaving with tourists, traffic was awful, everything was expensive and I felt I was being ripped off at every opportunity. On this trip I had originally planned to go on to Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Hua Hin and Pattaya but the virus is pretty shit in mainland Thailand and there are lots of lockdowns, Now I will just stay in Phuket.  If Phuket was like it is now all the time I could live here even if driving is more like playing Asteroids than real driving!

Offline RogerBoner

wtfb
Thank you for the detailed report. Very informative. Are you out there alone? Do you make friends to go out with? We are all envious. Have a great time.
 :drinks:

Offline CallumTT

wtfb: excellent intel, thanks for setting that out.  I've wanted to divert to Thailand a couple of times this year after working offshore elsewhere, but the travel restrictions, then the alcohol ban and Thai lockdown has put me off.  Although it sounds like your still having fun!  It's good to get a first hand report rather than trying to piece things together based on news sites. 

I'd love to go back and enjoy the buzz again and some slender Thai women (unlike those older models that pop up in Glasgow from to time!).  When you say there's girlie bars open, are you talking more beer bars, or gogo clubs?  Are there any gogo clubs open in the Sandbox areas do you know? 

Offline radioman33

wtb-thanks for the update,like you have said some places won’t ever recover from the virus.

Offline dubs

The weather looks pretty bad in Pattaya at the moment

Offline sonic999

The weather looks pretty bad in Pattaya at the moment

Think he needs to ditch the motorbike and get a jet ski!

Offline Tyne-bridge

Wtfb, thank you for your excellent report and intel, it’s much appreciated. Please could you give a little more detail of the massage place in Nai Yang? I will be there for a few days next month and would like to find your little hottie.

Offline wtfb

wtfb
Thank you for the detailed report. Very informative. Are you out there alone? Do you make friends to go out with? We are all envious. Have a great time.
 :drinks:

Yes, i am out here alone although I have had some "companions" for several days. Because there aren't many tourists - about 4000 currently in the whole of Phuket - most of the people you meet are expats now living in Thailand. They are quite happy to chat to someone new because as a guy I met in Karon said "It's so fucking boring" talking to the same people all the time. Generally I have found  the expats friendly and helpful. I tend to drift around exploring the bars/restaurants.

Callum you asked about beer bars/go go bars. I don't think any of the go-go bars are open. The bars that are open are beer bars/fake restaurants. I drove through Bangla Road yesterday and even in the afternoon there were definitely more beer bars open than a couple of weeks ago. It's still dead compared with what it used to be but life is returning even though all the current restrictions were extended to the end of September.

Offline wtfb

An update on Kamala. I spent a couple of days in Kamala this week (Monday and Wednesday). There are lots of massage places open with most of the girls sat outside and shout "Hello" "Welcome" "Massage" at you as you walk past. It gets tedious after a while/ On Monday morning I went for a massage with May. Her shop is at the end of Walking Street on the left. She is at least 50 but has a tight bod. Why May? Why not? You have to go somewhere. Walking Street is short street off Rim Hat Road. You pass at least 4 massage shops before getting to May's place but as luck would have it there were no girls outside. May told me that she had had no customers for 3 weeks. Gives you an idea what it's like generally. Had a great massage from her (2 hours!) including a teasing hand job with a finger up the arse. 1300 baht. Had a good feel of her tits inside her bra but she wasn't keen to get naked. I had already enjoyed me-me (First massage shop on the left on Rim Hat Road coming from the Tsunami memorial park towards the main road . There at at least a dozen shops on this stretch of road.

Monday evening in Kamala was quite quiet. Finished up getting completely hammered with two expats in a small bar near the Big Boys Burger Club. (You will find it on Google maps) Several beer bars were open but none busy. Wednesday was busier. More bars open and more girls around and more punters. There are 4 bars on the main road that were open and several more in the area round the Burger place. Finished up LT with slim leggy girl with small tits and who was quite happy kissing and groping while at the bar. Cost 2000 baht for the LT and a steep 500 baht bar fine. Good GFE. Looked much better with her clothes off than on! ( Unlike me  :D)

Going back to Kamala next week to see what Friday is like.

Offline wtfb

Wtfb, thank you for your excellent report and intel, it’s much appreciated. Please could you give a little more detail of the massage place in Nai Yang? I will be there for a few days next month and would like to find your little hottie.

I was staying at Nai Yang beach which is separate from Nai Yang town. On google maps you will find a "Coco massage" which is in the main row of small hotels, restaurants, a Family Mart and a number massage shops. I had a very good legit massage in the massage shop next to Dengs Bugalows. The girls wear yellow.

If you keep going with these shops on your right you will come to some more restaurants and bars after you have passed through two trees with a sign on them suggesting you are entering the nightlife zone. The bars open around 12 but depends on the day. The first bar on the left has a massage place attached but while I was there the massage place was definitely being used by the girls in the bar for ST as well as massage.  If you turn left you will find Rikki bar on the right. They have ST rooms and for me also used for "massage".  They usually have 6/7 girls working in the evening but less earlier in the day. They also have a massage ladyboy if that's your thing. She is obviously a ladyboy so you won't get a nasty surprise. There is also a place called the Moon Bar which usually has two girls working, It's on the junction.  There used to be many more bars but sadly they are no longer around.

Offline Tyne-bridge

Many thanks again for your intel and reply, much appreciated. If all goes according to plan, I will report back after my visit.

Offline Your Chef

Still chatting with many ladies and a few interesting things.

Last night one lady was in a very busy bar in Bangkok but I don't know exactly where, she sent me a brief video clip.

A different lady claims Thailand will reopen in November but is unable to provide me with a link to either a news story or Government information so I am taking this with a very large pinch of salt.

Offline fudi_maar

everything can change at a whim, but looks like soon, we may be able to visit Thailand without quarantine:

Offline Your Chef

And we still need the numbers to drop so Thailand comes off the red list.

Offline Heregoes

It's a mess. I have a girl in Chiang Mai who is not allowed to travel to Phuket (Sandbox) when I can. Madness.

Offline seandana

It's a mess. I have a girl in Chiang Mai who is not allowed to travel to Phuket (Sandbox) when I can. Madness.

if she is double jabbed she can .

Offline seandana

But you are correct in saying it's a mess ,the government in Thailand keep moving the goal posts on everything they announce.It's so frustrating because it's impossible to plan anything with all the uncertainty .

Online peter jb

Speaking to Thai friend last week , they said very little trust in Thai govt and whether Chinese bought In vaccines are effective. People are going back to their villages / families where they won’t pay rent / they’ll get food , and someone will look after them if they get COVID , as the health care system isn’t free .

Offline Your Chef

But you are correct in saying it's a mess ,the government in Thailand keep moving the goal posts on everything they announce.It's so frustrating because it's impossible to plan anything with all the uncertainty .

Most definitely!!!

The Thai Government makes Boris look competent! 😱

I am stuck with 16 days off in November and I want to be somewhere warm and suitabley wet.

Offline Your Chef

A bit of good news, one of my regular shags received a Pfizer jab this morning and already has a date for her second.

Offline wtfb

Some quick updates...

More bars are open in Bangla Road even in the afternoon. But still a shadow of what it was.

Was in Kamala last night (Tuesday) Busier than last week. Girl quality not great but more available and a couple more bars open. Finished up in Aoy's bar. Open to midnight, but one of the few that is. Girls from other bars were there eating and drinking after their bars closed at 9pm. 500 bar fine. 2000 LT plus breakfast on the beach.

Was in Nai Yang for the weekend. Bars were dead. No idea why. Girls said very quiet before that.  Butterfly didn't open. Raffi no customers and few girls. Moon bar noisy but only two customers (and two girls). Massage shops and restaurants open.

At the moment Rawai/Sai Yuan and Kamala preferred destinations. Back to Karon tomorrow for a birthday party but don't expect much will be open that would interest YHB (unless laundry and hairdressing is your thing :-) ) Will report post hangover on Friday.

Any Thai who has been double jabbed can now come to Phuket as long as they have a negative ATK (rapid test) within the last three days. Makes a mockery of the sandbox. Foreigners have to do 3 PCR tests and stay in a hotel for 14 nights! We will have had better vaccines than the Sinocrap and we are going to be spending more $$$.

The alcohol ban has been extended until the end of September. But it is being ignored more openly and by more businesses. Apart from the ubiquitous coffee mugs I have been served beer with an empty bottle of Heineken 0.0 next to me and what looked like a coke zero can with the top smoothed off. I think it was actually a souvenir mug because the metal was thicker. But some just don't care. Bottles openly used in many places.

Infections are falling here - about 10,000 yesterday so it's possible Thailand will be off the red list by November, Also lots of rumours about changes to the Sandbox. Bangkok re-opening postponed until mid October (at least) Chang Mai looks good for the beginning of October. Maybe Pattaya and Hua Hin too but personally I think that's unlikely.

As other have commented those in charge here couldn't run a sweet shop. There is also a significant and noisy anti-alcohol lobby. Some doctor here in Phuket who makes policy said that drinking a beer with a meal in a restaurant would increase covid infections. He's a fucking wanker and either a recovering alcoholic or a member of the anti alocohol lobby. There is no scientific link between having a beer and getting Covid. Hangover yes. Covid  no!. Tosser.

Offline wtfb

But just read this in The Phuket News....

Only a couple of bars raided in Bangla Road so suggests that most are paying graft. Hope this action is limited to Patong.

And just to confirm that those in charge couldn't run a sweet shop.... re-opening delayed until November.... for all cities. Only yesterday they confirmed Chiang Mai and Hua Hin would open on 1st October.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 01:25:25 pm by wtfb »

Offline Your Chef

Looks at Skyscanner with interest...

But as I have very little faith in politicians telling the truth I doubt I will be in my regular hotel anytime soon.

Offline wtfb

Looks at Skyscanner with interest...

But as I have very little faith in politicians telling the truth I doubt I will be in my regular hotel anytime soon.

I think your mistrust in politicians is well placed....

This is an updated list of countries who can come to Thailand via the Phuket Sandbox. Looking at the list I don't know who isn't allowed...

Offline CallumTT

There is also a significant and noisy anti-alcohol lobby. Some doctor here in Phuket who makes policy said that drinking a beer with a meal in a restaurant would increase covid infections. He's a fucking wanker and either a recovering alcoholic or a member of the anti alocohol lobby. There is no scientific link between having a beer and getting Covid. Hangover yes. Covid  no!. Tosser.

For anyone, like me, toying with a trip out to Phuket, note that Thai airways (who do a weekly London> Phuket direct) have it on their website that they're not serving alcohol onboard.  To keep you safe, during Covid.  FFS.  I could not find such a statement on the Qatar Airlines website and have it on good authority that connecting there is fine, at least inbound to Thailand.