Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Anyone in the Brighton area willing to chat to me about SD/punting off the site?  (Read 3441 times)

Offline Cato69

Hi,

Not sure if this is ok to post sorry if it isn’t. I’m a young chat in Brighton and wanted to know if anyone in the area would want to chat on any other site like telegram etc about punting in our area as it’s something I can’t talk about with other people in my area and we could exchange intel etc

Thanks

Cato

Offline basquebrumie

Exchanging info is what this site is for. You sound like you want a cheap wank to others experiences.

Offline Spunky34

• Ban Countdown
  • Reviews: 11
Hi,

Not sure if this is ok to post sorry if it isn’t. I’m a young chat in Brighton and wanted to know if anyone in the area would want to chat on any other site like telegram etc about punting in our area as it’s something I can’t talk about with other people in my area and we could exchange intel etc

Thanks

Cato

Coming on an anonymous punting forum to ask other people to chat about punting but not using the forum to do so is a weird request.

Offline Cato69

If you are under 30, you will understand. This site need a huge refresh, it’s like it’s from the early 2000s and hasn’t been touched. It’s incredibly clunky and unintuitive, ofc the content is vital and useful but I genuinely just want to trade insights and intel with people in my local area, if I want a cheap wank there’s always twitter and phub.

I don’t want a cheap wank I want a more direct and responsive form of communication with local fellow punters in the same way WhatsApp groups chats function I think it is useful.

Offline Cato69

Coming on an anonymous punting forum to ask other people to chat about punting but not using the forum to do so is a weird request.

I just hate the layout of it and how it works much prefer group chat style stuff and wonder why there isnt an anonymous group chat for it tbh

Offline Spunky34

• Ban Countdown
  • Reviews: 11

I just hate the layout of it and how it works much prefer group chat style stuff and wonder why there isnt an anonymous group chat for it tbh

Ask a moderator and see what they think?  You can report your own post (guessing you don’t have the ability to message).

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
If you are under 30, you will understand. This site need a huge refresh, it’s like it’s from the early 2000s and hasn’t been touched. It’s incredibly clunky and unintuitive, ofc the content is vital and useful but I genuinely just want to trade insights and intel with people in my local area, if I want a cheap wank there’s always twitter and phub.

I don’t want a cheap wank I want a more direct and responsive form of communication with local fellow punters in the same way WhatsApp groups chats function I think it is useful.
What are you doing here if you don't like the place, oh have you read the rules you agreed to BTW.   :unknown:

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=252680.0

19 Social meets
None will be sanctioned by the admin and not be allowed to be organized on the forums. Use the PM facility instead to organise such meet-ups.

If you haven't got PM privileges asking for them comes with a ban.

Offline Kimeen

Append crossed in post with davie. Deleted as don’t want to fall foul of ‘wannabe rule’.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 06:22:45 pm by Kimeen »

Online Iloveoral

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 383

It sounds like maybe this isn’t the site for you.
As others have explained that this site is about sharing info, not taking and chatting elsewhere about your experience and comparing notes, we are a sharing community and if you read the rules it’s compulsory to remain here.
Do you also stand at the bar all night with an empty glass until someone walks in?
Contributing is like getting a round in. We all do it.

Maybe as a young person you could start a thread relevant to other young members in your area here?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 06:26:16 pm by Iloveoral »

Offline Cato69

It sounds like maybe this isn’t the site for you.
As others have explained that this site is about sharing info, not taking and chatting elsewhere about your experience and comparing notes, we are a sharing community and if you read the rules it’s compulsory to remain here.
Do you also stand at the bar all night with an empty glass until someone walks in?
Contributing is like getting a round in. We all do it.

Maybe as a young person you could start a thread relevant to other young members in your area here?

Thank you for the respectful response. Yeah I understand, I think I will post a few reviews of the people I have seen when I get the time in my local area and maybe a post for younger people in my areas.

I’ve mostly switched exclusively to seeking now as it’s so much more rewarding for me so wanted like a seeking Brighton thread etc but it’s seems so annoying sifting though all the useless or irrelevant stuff ti find what you need. I feel it can be done better.

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator

Thank you for the respectful response. Yeah I understand, I think I will post a few reviews of the people I have seen when I get the time in my local area and maybe a post for younger people in my areas.

I’ve mostly switched exclusively to seeking now as it’s so much more rewarding for me so wanted like a seeking Brighton thread etc but it’s seems so annoying sifting though all the useless or irrelevant stuff ti find what you need. I feel it can be done better.
There's a 14 page SE regional Seeking thread here, - https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=277868.0 - what more do you want.   :unknown:

Online scutty brown

I feel it can be done better.

In which case go off and do it. Don't bore us with your whinging.
The site - as it is - works. It took a lot of work and effort over the years by the admin team and no-one is going to be changing it in a hurry.

FWIW one bloke did try a twitter/facebook style replacement forum a year or two ago. It collapsed through lack of use after two weeks.

What we have does the job and works

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
I think I will post a few reviews of the people I have seen when I get the time.
You do know you can only review bookings that have taken place within the last 6 months don't you?   :unknown:

Offline Stevelondon

The site - as it is - works. It took a lot of work and effort over the years by the admin team and no-one is going to be changing it in a hurry.

FWIW one bloke did try a twitter/facebook style replacement forum a year or two ago. It collapsed through lack of use after two weeks.

Well said SC.

Whinging little prat. Fuck off and create your own empire.

Online Iloveoral

• Forum Moderator
He said he was going to contribute and you lot are still jumping on him  :dash: give him a chance, bit of young blood and ideas are always welcome.

Offline Cato69

Well said SC.

Whinging little prat. Fuck off and create your own empire.

Charming man, it’s not whining if it’s true. And it is true. Just because your haggard fat ass can’t be respectful I can’t imagine you getting good reviews from SPs with how unreasonably rude you are at me for literally pointing out some areas of improvement!

Offline Cato69

Offline Cato69

You do know you can only review bookings that have taken place within the last 6 months don't you?   :unknown:

Will bare in mind, thanks :)

Offline Cato69

It hasn’t been updated and refreshed in years I’ve anon browsed here since 2016 and it’s the same stuff I just don’t get why a little update and better UI and maybe got forbid a group member chat feature be added, seems almost all other websites can manage it and I’m sure the admins could overhaul the entire site to be fit for 2023 and maybe encourage more users to join and contribute

Online scutty brown

It hasn’t been updated and refreshed in years I’ve anon browsed here since 2016 and it’s the same stuff I just don’t get why a little update and better UI and maybe got forbid a group member chat feature be added, seems almost all other websites can manage it and I’m sure the admins could overhaul the entire site to be fit for 2023 and maybe encourage more users to join and contribute

Quite simple
1) The current system works
2) The forum software has a lot of bespoke programming which can't be transferred to another forum platform
3) If we moved to a different platform we would lose the entire site history. It may surprise you but we don't want to do that.

As for "group member chat" facilities, the point is that this site is for sharing information en-masse, not for creating private little chat rooms where info can be hidden

And thanks for the revelation that you've been using the site anonymously since 2016. Presumably you found something useful here in those seven years

Offline Punterperson1971

Op there’s probably a fair few punters on here in the same age bracket as you,why don’t you as some have said just create a thread in relavant region and see what responses you get,if that don’t work I don’t think this site is for you.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 09:51:11 pm by Punterperson1971 »

Offline Haderach

Charming man, it’s not whining if it’s true. And it is true. Just because your haggard fat ass can’t be respectful I can’t imagine you getting good reviews from SPs with how unreasonably rude you are at me for literally pointing out some areas of improvement!

Interesting tone and phrasing. "Charming Man" and "Haggard Fat Ass" just don't sound right to me.

Offline Head1

• Site Owner
  • Reviews: 0
This site need a huge refresh, it’s like it’s from the early 2000s and hasn’t been touched. It’s incredibly clunky and unintuitive.

In the last couple of years, a lot of work has been done, first fixing things we broke and then making new features and other improvements.
If you knew how many hours of work have gone into this, you would understand why I am banning you.
You are an obnoxious ignoranus.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 12:16:48 am by Head1 »

Offline Kev40ish

• Forum Moderator
In the last couple of years, a lot of work has been done, first fixing things we broke and then making new features and other improvements.
If you knew how many hours of work have gone into this, you would understand why I am banning you.
You are an obnoxious ignoranus.

Totally agree and think you are being particularly polite in your definition of him  :hi:

Offline Head1

• Site Owner
  • Reviews: 0
I was going to say he's an ignorant cunt

Online Iloveoral

• Forum Moderator
I did try and give him a chance but I see he couldn’t stop there.

Offline PilotMan

It hasn’t been updated and refreshed in years I’ve anon browsed here since 2016 and it’s the same stuff ........

encourage more users to join and contribute

By your own admission you've lurked here since 2016.

At any time you could have actively contributed, instead you come on to the site, and tried to get members to go to a third party app and help you.

Then you complain that the site isn't fit for purpose.

As others have said you could have just created a thread in relavant region and see what responses you get.

I created a thread for intel on touring girls in Chelmsford.

Easy to read, open to everyone. A few of the regular Chelmsford punters add intel.

it does exactly what you asked for.

Try that when your ban is lifted.

Offline Dirty_Parry

I found this thread interesting when he said about being under 30. Not punting just with any hobby, or interest they all go on something called discord servers.  I went and had a look on a hobby of mine and simply couldn’t make sense of anything on there. It’s obviously an age thing and I very much like a forum like this one. Replies quoted so I can follow a thread. Far too old to learn new stuff  :lol: A sharing community suits me.

Offline diver ted

Please disregard the churlish ingrate (troll?) that started this thread.

I find UKP to be excellent. Clear layout; easy to use even for a OAP Luddite such as I; well regulated with helpful administrators and members (DM, LLP, ATY have all recently quickly and ably assisted me).
It's provided invaluable information to me, saved me wasting my time, effort and money and also directed me towards some excellent meetings. It's always interesting and cheered me up at times with irreverent and laugh out loud comments from members.

Thank you. It's a 10/10 from me. 
« Last Edit: June 25, 2023, 12:15:59 am by diver ted »

Online timsussex

I think the OP may be living proof that temp bans don't work

Anyone want to bet on how long he'll last when (if) he comes back ?

Offline myothernameis

It hasn’t been updated and refreshed in years I’ve anon browsed here since 2016

I think the OP may be living proof that temp bans don't work

Anyone want to bet on how long he'll last when (if) he comes back ?

From some of the OP posts, cant help but think, he knows a lot about the site, and wonder if he a banned member now using his other account

Offline rubric

I found this thread interesting when he said about being under 30. Not punting just with any hobby, or interest they all go on something called discord servers.

I'm on discord for other unrelated hobbies, and for longer term retaining of information in a semi-structured way forums are far better.

So ironically the complaint from the OP reads more like someone hasn't thought too deeply about what they actually find useful and just wants things to work like something they are already used to.

Offline southcoastpunter

i tend to think that he, like of lot of younger people, seems to put "flashy looks and easy of use" over valuable content. Yes the site has some improvements that could be made (that is acknowledged) but what we have works and is bloody good intel and a bit of a "community feel" to it. Far more important than "looking good". Coming on and making suggestions without knowing any history and financials was just asking for trouble.

He also seems to forget that whilst there are some younger members, it appears to be the case that the majority are older.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2023, 05:17:15 pm by southcoastpunter »

Online scutty brown

He also seems to forget that whilst there are some younger members, it appears to be the case that the majority are older.

Which is a problem shared with the other punting forums and needs addressing at some point.
The only exception is really the bear forum - which ironically has a lot of people banned from here. It could be that historically younger members are less likely to fit in here. I'm not complaining, just making an observation. It's maybe something to think about in future.

Offline sensualencounter

Which is a problem shared with the other punting forums and needs addressing at some point.
The only exception is really the bear forum - which ironically has a lot of people banned from here. It could be that historically younger members are less likely to fit in here. I'm not complaining, just making an observation. It's maybe something to think about in future.
I think you have a valid point here. Without a doubt ukp is very too heavy with older members (at least those who post anyway). You only have to look at the overt comments in reviews about being an old bloke or the many other comments about the good old days or blaming the youth etc etc

Whether this is representative of the general punting population, I’m not sure but it would make sense as the disposable income is with the older generation, as well as many other assumptions I could make. So I’m not sure that too much can be done.

Again, observations and not complaints.

Edit: what is the bear forum, although don’t know if you can say too much about it?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2023, 05:55:22 pm by sensualencounter »

Offline PilotMan

Edit: what is the bear forum, although don’t know if you can say too much about it?

I wondered that myself. The first reference that came to mind was the gay reference to a bear, but I doubt that would be anyone using this site (maybe bi's).

Online scutty brown

nothing to do with furry gays

What does bear rhyme with? Especially if matched with back? If I spell it out the censor kicks in and there's no way I'm linking to it.

Offline sensualencounter

nothing to do with furry gays

What does bear rhyme with? Especially if matched with back? If I spell it out the censor kicks in and there's no way I'm linking to it.
Ah okay. Not rhyming but homophones. BB and all that shit

Offline Stevelondon

Interesting tone and phrasing. "Charming Man" and "Haggard Fat Ass" just don't sound right to me.

The OP might be an idiot as far as I’m concerned. But my god he’s insightful.
How the hell does he know I’ve got a fat ass.  :D

Offline Punterperson1971

How the hell does he know I’ve got a fat ass.  :D
That’s a long ban he’s got anyway good gives him time to think then

Offline Vice Admiral

How the hell does he know I’ve got a fat ass.

He doesn't.  He was only guessing.  He knows nothing about arses.  As Head1 pointed out in Reply#22, he's "an obnoxious ignoranus".

Offline piotrskut

typical millenial. if he cant look at it on his phone in a responsive way, just dumps all over it. dunno why he's only temp banned, id have booted his arse permanently.

Offline Imnotreallyhere1991

typical millenial. if he cant look at it on his phone in a responsive way, just dumps all over it. dunno why he's only temp banned, id have booted his arse permanently.

Sounds like he's more gen z than millennial. I'm a millennial and have no issue with the format of this forum, it's simple but it works for what we all use it for so why make major changes?

Offline Stiltskin

For many of my hobbies the only discussion groups are on Facebook, and the functionality is dire. What functionality they do have is hard to find and clunky. I've also used Discord, but searching for old info is cumbersome. I'm not a fan of Reddit either.

You just can't beat these open source forums. They have all the functionality you need.

Offline DevilTimed

These kind of replies are dumb, and start to prove OPs point about "old men" on here, when they start moaning about the youth.

I won't disclose my age, but I think I'm a younger punter, and I genuinely think the forum structure is great. I use other social media for other hobbies and I just dont think any of them would be fit for purpose. They don't allow the cataloguing of information that forums provide, nor the anonymity.

Sure it's not flashy, and it's got elements of being a relic - but this place is a valuable resource that a group chat full of sex memes wouldn't begin to cover.

Offline dobob

If you are under 30, you will understand. This site need a huge refresh, it’s like it’s from the early 2000s and hasn’t been touched. It’s incredibly clunky and unintuitive ...

I know lots of people under the age of 30 who are very happy to use software that has worked well in the past and continues to do so. I think it is you who doesn't have much tech savvy or intuition.

Cheers.

Offline sensualencounter

These kind of replies are dumb, and start to prove OPs point about "old men" on here, when they start moaning about the youth.

I won't disclose my age, but I think I'm a younger punter, and I genuinely think the forum structure is great. I use other social media for other hobbies and I just dont think any of them would be fit for purpose. They don't allow the cataloguing of information that forums provide, nor the anonymity.

Sure it's not flashy, and it's got elements of being a relic - but this place is a valuable resource that a group chat full of sex memes wouldn't begin to cover.

+1 and backs up what I said earlier in the thread. Some of the older members have rose tinted glasses and forget we were all young once. With age comes experience but also complacency and a stubbornness to adapt.

Offline dobob

+1 and backs up what I said earlier in the thread. Some of the older members have rose tinted glasses and forget we were all young once. With age comes experience but also complacency and a stubbornness to adapt.

You've lost me there. It is the OP who is (a) young and (b) unwiilling to adapt to (and therefore moaning about) the UKP interface. Are you saying that older members need to adapt to younger members who make clueless remarks?

Cheers.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 09:17:50 pm by dobob »

Offline sensualencounter

You've lost me there. It is the OP who is (a) young and (b) unwiilling to adapt to (and therefore moaning about) the UKP interface. Are you saying that older members need to adapt to younger members who make clueless remarks?

Cheers.
No. I wasn’t saying that. I was saying that stupid generalisations like “typical millennial” aren’t helpful.

Cheers.

Offline dobob

OK. I'll accept that tech savvy oldsters just have to get used to listening to youngsters bleating about stuff that is beyond their mental compass.

Cheers.