Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: at last a proper game at Old Trafford  (Read 284 times)

Offline timsussex

Would highly recommend watching the Rugby League grand final on Iplayer if you missed it

Could we make the FA and FIFA watch it and make some improvements

1) No prima donna falling over at the merest touch or play acting to get someone sent off
2) No one even questioning the refs decisions and he is mic'ed up so you hear what he says
3) Nobody standing in front to delay kicks or otherwise delaying play
4) No need for the ref to measure out 10 yds - if you dont get back its another penalty
5) a referral is that and the 4th official makes the decision with us watching the angles
6) trainers allowed to come on while the game progresses - although ref stops play if dangerous
7) if Doctor comes on and play stopped then compulsory 2 minutes wait on touchline before coming back on
8) yellow card = 10 minute sin bin
9) Interchanges rather than substitutes and made on the fly
10) Commentators who arent looking to make controversy out of decisions 
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 11:48:21 pm by timsussex »

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
They've had the rugby magic weekend at St James' Park for the last 6 years and it's there again next year. Brilliant 2 days with over 60,000 fans attending.

Offline Gordon Bennett

I would definitely implement (6) and (9) into footy. Sick of seeing players just sitting down "injured", often just 2yds from touch and game gets stopped for ages whilst trainer earnestly treats the faker.

And how we've arrived at current situation with in-game subs is beyond me. They act like that board the 4th official holds aloft is some sort of holy artefact that must be observed by everyone. I know they add the time on at end but it badly breaks the rhythm of games up when it takes a couple of minutes to simply swap four players in/out.

Offline mr.bluesky

Would highly recommend watching the Rugby League grand final on Iplayer if you missed it

Could we make the FA and FIFA watch it and make some improvements

1) No prima donna falling over at the merest touch or play acting to get someone sent off
2) No one even questioning the refs decisions and he is mic'ed up so you hear what he says
3) Nobody standing in front to delay kicks or otherwise delaying play
4) No need for the ref to measure out 10 yds - if you dont get back its another penalty
5) a referral is that and the 4th official makes the decision with us watching the angles
6) trainers allowed to come on while the game progresses - although ref stops play if dangerous
7) if Doctor comes on and play stopped then compulsory 2 minutes wait on touchline before coming back on
8) yellow card = 10 minute sin bin
9) Interchanges rather than substitutes and made on the fly
10) Commentators who arent looking to make controversy out of decisions

:thumbsup: 100% agree, I am a big Rugby League (and Union fan) and love going to Wembley every year to watch the Challenge Cup final. One thing you can add to your list is that Rugby league ( and Union) fans of opposition teams can sit side by side and not cause any trouble.  I follow Leeds Rhinos so was disappointed they did not win but St Helens were worthy winners as they have been the stand out team all season  finishing top of the league after the regular season .  In October the Rugby League World Cup is staged in this country where Australia will start as favourites and many games will be covered by the BBC. As Daviemac says every year Rugby league stage a " magic weekend" where 6 games are staged over two days. For the past couple of seasons it has been held in Newcastle at St James Park. Usually the English Superleague champions will play the Australian NRL champions in the World Club challenge at the start of the following season to decide who is the best club team in the world. Although St. Helens have won four Superleague titles in a row its not like football where it's who has the most money wins as Rugby league and Union have to stay within a salary cap. People say it is a Northern sport that only appeals to Northerners but there is a French team ( Catalan Dragons) who play in the Superleague and lower down the leagues teams in London ( Broncos and Skolars) and a couple of teams in Wales and a team in the Midlands
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 07:14:09 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline chrishornx

I would definitely implement (6) and (9) into footy. Sick of seeing players just sitting down "injured", often just 2yds from touch and game gets stopped for ages whilst trainer earnestly treats the faker.

And how we've arrived at current situation with in-game subs is beyond me. They act like that board the 4th official holds aloft is some sort of holy artefact that must be observed by everyone. I know they add the time on at end but it badly breaks the rhythm of games up when it takes a couple of minutes to simply swap four players in/out.

8 is the one football needs to use

Offline Adoniron

I watch a lot of RL and although there isn't the amateur dramatics to the extent that you get it in football,  there is an increasing trend for players to feign injury to win a penalty or even get their opponent a yellow card and some Saints players are among the worst offenders.

That said, I thought it was a very entertaining game yesterday

Offline lamboman

Banned reason: Shit stirrer and blocking moderator's PMs
Banned by: daviemac

Offline timsussex

Not proper rugby is it  ;)

I always played Union and decried league but there are so many ways Union has moved towards league eg scrums are a farce the ball is never put in straight and the penalties around the tackles which seem at the whim of the ref could be avoided with a play the ball like league

Offline mr.bluesky

Not proper rugby is it  ;)

Union fans always put down Rugby league but deep down they know  League is a far better game than Union. ( and this is coming from someone who follows both sports) 
Proper tries involving skill scored in League unlike Union where players are pushed over the line in rolling mauls.  :D As Timsussex says union scrums are a waste of time now as the ball is never placed in the centre of the scrum so you might as well as have uncontested scrums like they do in League.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 03:16:06 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline hullad

I have been a supporter for more years then I can own upto, the game last night was ok not a classic. The sport is slowly killing itself with inept management and wierd disciplinary actions, this recent one has caused mayhem with most species at odds with the final decision. Knowles who was at 13 last night for saints was found to have used an illegal chicken wing  tackle in the semi last week. The usual penalty is 2+ matches, not this time after a first for the sport, two appeals. The second overturned it as being ' flawed' madness, many other players have had bans for less yhen he did.

The sport is £25 million in debt and the only really big income is for super league on Sky, the future is grim with falling gates, sponsorship and a management not fit for purpose.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 03:17:15 pm by hullad »

Offline mr.bluesky

I have been a supporters for more years then I can own upto, the game last night was ok not a classic. The sport is slowly killing itself with inept management and wierd disciplinary actions, this recent one has caused mayhem with most species at odds with the fianl decision. Knowles who was at 13 last night for saints was found to have used an illegal chicken wing  tackle in the semi last week. The usual penalty is 2+ matches, not this time after a first for the sport, two appeals. The second overturned it as being ' flawed' madness.

The sport is £25 million in debt and the only really big income is for super league on Sky, the future is grim with falling gates, sponsorship and a management not fit for purpose.

Rugby Union is in an even bigger mess with two Premiership teams Worcester and Wasps likely to fold within the next few days or weeks. Most Rugby union teams are running with heavy losses and only exists because of rich owners. Super League seems to be run on a tight ship. Your right about the disciplinary decisions though.  Ridiculous it was overturned on appeal.  Rugby Union makes its money from Internationals like the 6 nations , something Rugby League fails to do.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 03:27:23 pm by mr.bluesky »