Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Second No. Apps  (Read 1355 times)

Offline bj_bob

So I have used Onoff a few times in the past but they’ve now changed it that you can only call and txt some phone no.s etc. I’m looking for an app that will give me a second number rather than charging me the same price I’d pay for a second mobile contract  :thumbsdown:I can’t have a punting phone so if anyone can tell me what they use that would be helpful  :thumbsup:

Offline nico2000

Most new phones have a physical sim and eSim these days. Check it

Offline shed

Most of the Chinese phones and Motorola do dual physical SIM as well. Can pick up some older models very cheap

Offline bj_bob

Most new phones have a physical sim and eSim these days. Check it

my current phone can do E-Sim but only EE in this country do E-Sims, it would mean another monthly contract

Offline shed

my current phone can do E-Sim but only EE in this country do E-Sims, it would mean another monthly contract

Most network do esims.. Vodafone, three even Giffgaff now do them

Online thimble29

Most of the Chinese phones and Motorola do dual physical SIM as well. Can pick up some older models very cheap
That might work for OP, but you still have the challenge of messages could come in at weird times and trigger notifications or be found if your phone is left unlocked or opened in public etc. It was my understanding that these apps worked separately so you could mute/hide messages or calls.

Offline bj_bob

I’ve sorted something with my mobile network. Problem is I’m stuck for 24 months with the same no. I always worry because if a SW left a negative mark against my name etc then that no. will flag up or is that just me being silly? I’m generally quite good and don’t mess people about but I just get worried if they maliciously put a bad mark against me

Offline bj_bob

That might work for OP, but you still have the challenge of messages could come in at weird times and trigger notifications or be found if your phone is left unlocked or opened in public etc. It was my understanding that these apps worked separately so you could mute/hide messages or calls.

Yeah so with OnOff it’s a separate app. A bit like Whatsapp and if I get any calls or txts then they show up there. Was great but before but now they want you to pay £5 a month and then buy credits on top so it’s not a good deal really

Offline skoffman

How about vyke? Pay for a number for a year plus buy credit as required. Can get a new number with a few button clicks. Work for phone and text only, no picture messages.  It does however operate as an app with no additional security features on opening it so have to be disciplined in wiping messsges and closing the app down etc.

Offline bj_bob

How about vyke? Pay for a number for a year plus buy credit as required. Can get a new number with a few button clicks. Work for phone and text only, no picture messages.  It does however operate as an app with no additional security features on opening it so have to be disciplined in wiping messsges and closing the app down etc.

Just looked into it and it’s the same thing. They need to be a user of Vyke for free messages or it’s 3.9p per message if they aren’t. That’s on top of the monthly fee, it’s a bit shit really but I get it. I’m just going to get a cheap E-Sim from my network and ONLY use it for Punting I guess

Offline P.O.G

I used Hushed, have done for a number of years. Call and text from a virtual number, and it's all through the app. You can turn off notifications too to keep it even more discreet

It's around £3 for a 7 day number that comes with 20 minutes of call, or the equivalent in texts (60 texts)

Or you can get a 30 day number for around £6 that comes with 50 minutes calling time, or the equivalent in texts (150 texts).
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 03:30:18 pm by P.O.G »

Offline salvagebacon

Lyca do esim on PAYG. I buy some £5 / month pack and it works well.

If you turn the 2nd SIM off when you're not active, there's no obvious indication it's there, but if your Mrs has a habit of sniffing round your phone I wouldn't go this route.

Gave up on phone contracts years ago. PAYG is cheaper with none of the RPI+3.9% bullshit.