Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Travel expenses  (Read 1325 times)

Offline Metalgear2018

Before arranging a punt. Do you guys take into consideration petrol prices or public transport fares?

I'm considering punting out of my area but my car drinks too much petrol.

Offline blackburnian

Before arranging a punt. Do you guys take into consideration petrol prices or public transport fares?

What car are you running ? Fuel prices are nothing compared to the cost of punting  :lol:

Bb

Offline dboy74

Never considered the travel costs only the cost of the meet.

Offline Fabaceous

Best thing is to ask the SP to knock off the price of your fuel from the fee she charges. I'm sure she'll be fine with that.
Fab

Offline Bangers and Gash

I always do. Money is money at the end of the day.  :hi:

Offline Metalgear2018

What car are you running ? Fuel prices are nothing compared to the cost of punting  :lol:

Bb

3 weeks ago I bought a Audi S3 2016.

Offline blackburnian

3 weeks ago I bought a Audi S3 2016.

Why don't you put your reg number down too to finish the self outing you've just  started  :dash:  :wacko:

Bb

Offline Waterhouse

Seriously dude? I can't believe you'd be penny-pinching over a few quids worth of petrol if you can afford a nearly new Audi.  If fuel costs are a concern then why go for an S3 as opposed to an A3 or something more economical? 
 :unknown:

Stevensmiles

Booked to see one on my hot list a while back.
Filled the car up before journey. 
Had to drive a fair distance to get there so of course stopped for lunch at a Happy Eater.
Dartford Crossing charges there and back to take into consideration.
Parking once I got there was pay n display.
She was fantastic and not a clock watcher so I overstayed and got clamped.
Puncture on the way back and it’s not repairable so need a new tyre.

Only wish I’d bought a cheap motor like an Audi S3
2016 or thereabouts  :lol: :lol:

Offline Metalgear2018

Why don't you put your reg number down too to finish the self outing you've just  started  :dash:  :wacko:

Bb

Lol you asked me what car I'm using.

Stevensmiles

And I’m kidding of course.
I’ve had two Audi’s myself and rate them.

Now if you wanna talk about Miltek exhausts, Carbonio air intakes and re-mapping.
I’m your man.  :D

Offline Metalgear2018

Seriously dude? I can't believe you'd be penny-pinching over a few quids worth of petrol if you can afford a nearly new Audi.  If fuel costs are a concern then why go for an S3 as opposed to an A3 or something more economical? 
 :unknown:

The A3 is a good car but I wanted more power. I was looking at the VW Golf TSI but needed a bit of fun while driving through the country roads

Offline Metalgear2018

And I’m kidding of course.
I’ve had two Audi’s myself and rate them.

Now if you wanna talk about Miltek exhausts, Carbonio air intakes and re-mapping.
I’m your man.  :D

I'm looking at Miltek. But they sound good on a RS3 or RS4 avant.

Offline Stiltskin

My car is over 400bhp and does less than 20mpg, so yes fuel cost does cross my mind when planning a punt.

If I could punt locally at £90 per half hour it would still be cheaper than travelling miles to pay a girl £80. The trouble is there's hardly ever anything local to me, so every punt involves about 60 miles of driving.

Offline lewisjones23

OP obviously didnt get the level of attention he needed in real life by buying that car

makes a shit thread to try and get online attention

go to a car forum or some bollocks where people might be arsed in the slightest

Offline Bogof60

Nope
High horsepower car
Low mpg
Couldn't give a fuck how far I have to drive.

Memo to OP

Do not buy a high class car then expect it to do the mpg of a fiesta  :dash: :dash:

Note

Your Audi is pants  :dash:
Banned reason: Abuse of a mod.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Stiltskin

How is he bragging? He's talking about a £25k Audi, not a Ferrari!

He's just concerned about how much it costs to get to and from a punt.

Offline Private Parts

Nope :hi:

Offline Dutchy

Switch to a reliant. Just make sure you don’t need to turn!

Stevensmiles

Nope
High horsepower car
Low mpg
Couldn't give a fuck how far I have to drive.

Memo to OP

Do not buy a high class car then expect it to do the mpg of a fiesta  :dash: :dash:

Note

Your Audi is pants  :dash:

But the OP was asking a serious question. It was someone else who asked what car he had.

Nowt wrong wif chatting motors me old mate. It makes a welcome change to have a bit of humour sometimes.

Offline nigel4498

Switch to a reliant. Just make sure you don’t need to turn!

.....or go up hill  :D

Offline Sparkhead1985

Ive got a 23 year old landy 3.9 v8. Does 13 mpg. Sounds great a d will drag what ever sporty thing u guys have backwards in s tug of war. Am I in the right forum?

Stevensmiles

:D :lol:

I hate coming up against those 4x4’s at the lights.

As we are chatting motors.
Everyone will have seen those performance figures given in magazines etc.

It’s always the 0-60 times given when those in the know. Know the 30-80 is by far the best indicator of performance.

Offline M62B44

ha old rover v8 with about 160hp...lol

Offline fairfield

I mostly use my bus pass - but if i didn't, it would not be journey costs but journey times that i would take into account.
Travelling 1 hour plus or even 2 hours to a punt easily affects my decision to walk out. Having invested so much time getting there, i am more likely to accept a B & S or profile pics well out of date. (a decision i nearly always regret.)

Offline Metalgear2018

:D :lol:

I hate coming up against those 4x4’s at the lights.

As we are chatting motors.
Everyone will have seen those performance figures given in magazines etc.

It’s always the 0-60 times given when those in the know. Know the 30-80 is by far the best indicator of performance.

They say Audi's such as the S line and RS models are quicker than the factory figures when it comes to acceleration.

Online threechilliman

My first car had acceleration that would just about have beaten a super tanker from the lights.....

Offline yorkieyorkie

I never used to but now with money being tight I factor in the travel distance, fuel costs, parking and the time of day.

I like my punts to be as stress free as possible and I hate traffic at the best of times.

Offline Herts_Outcaller

I have a specific punting budget, and deduct travel expenses from it.  It probably wouldn't make me less likely to punt the girl though, I'd rather travel an hour for good service then go round the corner for a shit punt. I generally punt on my days off anyway when I can spare the time.

Offline Gordon Bennett

I can't see point of owning a car if making journeys in it causes financial strain. Surely you must accept that you'll pay, what..... a grand or more per annum just putting petrol in it? Maybe if you are gonna drive cross country on a punt you'll be conscious of having to spend dosh filling the tank up but what's alternative? Every time I look at train fares they are far higher than petrol travel costs but I do get 10+ miles per £ of petrol from my frugal motor.

Offline django0700

No. considering the price of punts...I am willing to travel a bit further for a well reviewed SP.
Travel time is however a greater consideration.

Offline king tarzan

I do take into account petrol/oyster and yummy curry money... about £20 all together....
Banned reason: Misogynist who gets free bookings from agencies for pos reviews.

Offline Waterhouse

I do take into account petrol/oyster and yummy curry money... about £20 all together....
Don't forget the fiver's worth of Kouros EDT that you use before every punt.   :hi:

:lol:

Offline king tarzan

Don't forget the fiver's worth of Kouros EDT that you use before every punt.   :hi:

:lol:

Thanks for reminding me  :lol:

Offline Jimmyredcab

Maybe this hobby is not for you, just saying.  :unknown:

Offline king tarzan

Offline Bangers and Gash

Maybe this hobby is not for you, just saying.  :unknown:

Nowt wrong with being cash conscious.

Offline 4xvx

Not bothered about fuel but hate cars that light up like a christmas tree when you turn them off.

Offline Malvolio

Time taken to get to the punt is a bigger factor for me - unless you do lots of 30 minute punts 50 miles away from where you live the expense in getting there is a very minor part of the total cost.

Offline Kimchee

Not really. I normally punt within 10 mile radius so no concerns with petrol costs. And if I’m seeing someone after work I’d just take public transport on my oyster

Offline Herts_Outcaller

My current problem is this:

My two favourite sps, the ones I always go back to, both operate an hour and a quarter away. So punting them basically takes 3 and a half hours out of my day

Offline Bogof60

My point is.
WTF buy a car that is heavy on petrol then moan about the cost of using it  :dash:

One of my cars returns less than 20 mpg but it is great fun to drive so live with it

Or

Buy a fiesta

Simples
Banned reason: Abuse of a mod.

Stevensmiles

They say Audi's such as the S line and RS models are quicker than the factory figures when it comes to acceleration.

I’ve had two. One an S-line model with a turbo and I guess the manufacturers quoted figures were just about right. They certainly got adjusted after some modifications.
Then a S5 with a supercharger. Again the mods made a considerable difference to performance.

:D :D :D

Let’s keep going shall we.
Re-maps make a big difference to forced induction models. Not so with normally aspirated engines.
But we all knew that didn’t we.  :lol:

Offline Metalgear2018

I’ve had two. One an S-line model with a turbo and I guess the manufacturers quoted figures were just about right. They certainly got adjusted after some modifications.
Then a S5 with a supercharger. Again the mods made a considerable difference to performance.

:D :D :D

Let’s keep going shall we.
Re-maps make a big difference to forced induction models. Not so with normally aspirated engines.
But we all knew that didn’t we.  :lol:

I'm looking at a Stage one remap. I'm being quoted silly prices

Offline Tecova

Sometimes to visit a SP in the South of Manchester, I have paid 12p for the Warburton Bridge Toll.  I wonder what price it will be post-Brexit? :D

For those of you who are more accustomed to paying far more for a bridge crossing and think I am making 12p up, here's the proof - External Link/Members Only

Offline JamesKW

Don't think I have ever used the car to a punt,always use my travel card,so all free.There is no point in travelling miles in a car for a cheap punt (unless really well reviewed) you may as well get a dearer one closer to home.

Offline shagmore

Don't give a fuck, if you want to punt, you take the risks, and pay the privilege of travelling. If you don't want to, you don't have to.

MrArmagh

maybe on the last week of the month I might think about it but really no.