Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Effect of Covid and lockdowns on sexual activity and the incidence of STDs  (Read 341 times)

Offline WASA38

There seems to have been an inevitable coyness in the media on mentioning, still less advising on what restraints should be placed on sexual activity, paid or unpaid.

Offline WASA38

My post went off prematurely. Should have read:

There seems to have been an inevitable coyness in the media on mentioning, still less advising on what restraints should be placed on sexual activity, paid or unpaid.

My ears pricked up yesterday when. on BBC radio4, this topic was actually broached.

It had been predicted that lockdowns would cause caution and that this would manifest itself in reduced rates of infections being recorded in STI clinics.

In an interview with a sexual health administrator in 'outer NW London' , we learned that pre-Covid, syphilis cases were back to levels not previously recorded since 1918  whilst gonorrhoea was at its highest for 40 years. Rates fell sharply following the first loockdown but have risen steadily since, despite subsequent lockdowns and are now surpassing pre-covid levels.

All very disquietening. Of course, what would be interssting is the relative proprtions due to paid as against civvy sex. I guess relevant questions are not even put to STI patients.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 11:34:53 am by WASA38 »

Offline winkywanky

My post went off prematurely. Should have read:

My ears pricked up yesterday when. on BBC radio4, this topic was actually broached.

It had been predicted that lockdowns would cause caution and that this would manifest itself in reduced rates of infections being recorded in STI clinics.

In an interview with a sexual health administrator in 'outer NW London' , we learned that pre-Covid, syphilis cases were back to levels not previously recorded since 1918  whilst gonorrhoea was at its highest for 40 years. Rates fell sharply following the first loockdown but have risen steadily since, despite subsequent lockdowns and are now surpassing pre-covid levels.

You only need to look at the rate of reviews on here over the last year to see a direct correlation which would bear that out. A lot of people stopped punting when the 1st Lockdown came in, and since then there has been a lot of activity regardless of subsequent Lockdowns and social restrictions. It doesn't surprise me in the least.

Offline winkywanky

I should imagine civvy sex has gone along the same lines frankly. The sheer urge to have sex, paid or otherwise, has transcended Lockdowns and restrictions.

Offline PunterNumber69

BBC News - Sex and Covid: What are the rules?
External Link/Members Only