Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Cricket Thread  (Read 3048 times)

Offline Happiness

The Pakistan vs England thread was a success, so thought I would make a more generic one for all cricket. Currently watching Pakistan vs New Zealand. I'm hoping for a Pakistan win personally. Discuss any cricket here  :thumbsup:
Banned reason: Posting one line crap all over the threads / asking to be banned.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline simon07

I love seeing a cricketer running up to the stumps “to bowl a maiden over”. Sometimes he (or she) might bowl a “full toss at the crease”.  :yahoo:

Offline standardpostage

Remember playing cricket once as a teenager.
I was fielding. Ball came towards me from above.
Put my hands up to catch it, slipped trough my fingers, and hit me on the nose.
Hurt like fuck  :( It was a proper cork ball.
Good game though, I like it  :)

Offline lillythesavage

If England keep doing what they did in Pakistan it will make test cricket far more interesting, the limited overs game was taking over.

Offline Happiness

Balanced day, maybe NZ a nose in front now from this small partnership. Quick wickets tomorrow and Pakistan can grab the game back in their favour fast however  :music:

If England keep doing what they did in Pakistan it will make test cricket far more interesting, the limited overs game was taking over.

All round domination from England is what I hope for in Cricket!
Banned reason: Posting one line crap all over the threads / asking to be banned.

Online mr.bluesky

Balanced day, maybe NZ a nose in front now from this small partnership. Quick wickets tomorrow and Pakistan can grab the game back in their favour fast however  :music:

All will be so until they play the Aussies  :sarcastic:

Online mr.bluesky

As much chance as England football team dominating World football ( and there aren't as many play cricket as football)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 03:04:58 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline Dipper

Watched a re run of Warner’s double ton vs SA. Can’t stand him but was a great knock.

Offline Jumping Jack Flash

I watched a review of the tests since Stokes was made captain, it was on Sky and was a fantastic watch.

I’ve got Ashes tickets for 3 days of the Edgbaston test, one at Old Trafford and one at the Oval. I can’t bloody wait. Some of the Aussies are bang in form but collectively their records outside Australia are poor and let’s not forget that they haven’t actually won the Ashes over here since 2001, that’s a bloody long time. It will be a fascinating series.

Offline Malvolio

The Aussies have got aging openers - I'm not convinced Khawaja and Warner will do especially well in England.

However, Smith and Labuschagne are both in form; I think getting those two out reasonably cheaply is the key to England winning the Ashes.

Given the remarkable turnaround (from 1 win in 17 to 9 wins in 10, with effectively the same players) effected by Stokes and McCullum, I'm very much looking forward to it.  And if England don't win the Ashes, we're still double world champions...

Offline timsussex

5 tests in the Ashes

1 test will be lost  to the weather, I reckon that in at least 2 innings we will only score around 100 ( even if it is around 20 overs), because as sure as hell if we are 30-4 the Aussies wont take their foot off the neck, in at least 1 innings Australia (mainly through Smith and Lab) will score 500+  the question is will that happen in different tests? so will we lose 1 badly or 3 by close results of the remaining 4?

I was thinking back to when the Aussies were opening with Gilchrist and "blitzing" the English solution was to make sure they spent 3 of the 5 days in the field - Strauss, Trott etc just occupied the crease and increased the pressure on them

Offline Happiness

Pakistan look in big trouble, although one wicket was a nightwatchman 0-2 is a terrible start to the chase. I hope they can anchor this, but not holding my breath. Don't want them smashed again after England beat them 3-0

Pakistan look in big trouble, although one wicket was a nightwatchman 0-2 is a terrible start to the chase. I hope they can anchor this, but not holding my breath. Don't want them smashed again after England beat them 3-0

It’s not looking good, they’re 79-4 off 23 overs.

Offline king tarzan

Back in the old skool days was a great fan of in your face cricket..
West Indies and Australia were awesome..
Holding, Lillee were my favourites and recent era great fan of waqar Younis and dale steyn..

One bowler who doesn't sadly get a mention who was world class but underated was Bob Willis
Banned reason: Misogynist who gets free bookings from agencies for pos reviews.

Offline Happiness

It’s not looking good, they’re 79-4 off 23 overs.
Anything possible now. Close contest

Anything possible now. Close contest

A cracking game that went right to the finish line.

Offline king tarzan

A cracking game that went right to the finish line.

Shakil responsible for draw

Shit innings taking up over 133 balls

Shakil responsible for draw

Shit innings taking up over 133 balls

Hardly. Pakistan lost wickets at regular intervals so his innings which used up 24 overs on his own saved them from certain defeat.

Offline king tarzan

Hardly. Pakistan lost wickets at regular intervals so his innings which used up 24 overs on his own saved them from certain defeat.

I don't like draw mentality

Steve Waugh was a great example of win win mentality as was Clive Lloyd... If they lost they lost trying to win not trying to draw

I don't like draw mentality

Steve Waugh was a great example of win win mentality as was Clive Lloyd... If they lost they lost trying to win not trying to draw

Going into the last hour of the 5th day with all four results still possible isn’t draw mentality, it’s an example of two teams going for it over all five days. In those circumstances even the great West Indian and Australian teams would have been ok with a draw, sometimes you just can’t force a victory. The spirit of Jimmy and Monty lives on.

Offline Happiness

He got a ton in the first innings

To mention something else: surprised Cummins declared on Khawaja
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 09:34:46 am by Happiness »

Offline king tarzan

Worst of the worst was when Graham thorpe denied Alex Tudor a century

Disgusting selfishness

I’m not surprised, they lost all of day 3 to rain so they declared on their overnight total to give themselves 2 days to bowl the Saffers out twice. The team and the chance of victory must come before individual milestones.

As it stands, on day 5 the Aussies need 14 wickets which they should get weather permitting.

Offline Happiness

Worst of the worst was when Graham thorpe denied Alex Tudor a century

Disgusting selfishness

I agree

I’m not surprised, they lost all of day 3 to rain so they declared on their overnight total to give themselves 2 days to bowl the Saffers out twice. The team and the chance of victory must come before individual milestones.

As it stands, on day 5 the Aussies need 14 wickets which they should get weather permitting.

I would have given him the chance and set a more attacking field after. I'm hoping South Africa drop anchor and survive. I don't want them to lose again

I agree

I would have given him the chance and set a more attacking field after. I'm hoping South Africa drop anchor and survive. I don't want them to lose again

It’s all about time though, he could get the 5 runs off one ball or it could take him 10 minutes, or he could get out first ball. Then there’s the 10 minutes between innings, the Aussies need as much time as possible to take all 20 wickets, so far they have 6.

Turning to the Tudor/Thorpe thing, here’s Mike Selvey’s take on it:

External Link/Members Only

Offline Happiness

A gritty performance from the Saffers on day five to hang on for the draw. Strange selection from the Crims though, Ashton Agar didn’t set the world alight as part of their seam attack.

Offline Happiness

Good stumping decision yesterday by the 3rd ump to remove Babar in the ODI. All set up for the 3rd and final ODI now. India have pocketed the ODI series v Sri Lanka. Interesting to see Ballance in the Zimbabwe team today and he did alright. Good win for Zimbabwe v Ireland

A gritty performance from the Saffers on day five to hang on for the draw. Strange selection from the Crims though, Ashton Agar didn’t set the world alight as part of their seam attack.

It was a near impossible ask to bowl them out, that's why I felt it was cruel on Khawaja. Agar is a slow left arm. Feeling you know that despite typing that

Offline king tarzan

Don't think there I'll be hard liquor tough men cricket from the 1970s 1980s 1990s and early 2000s for a very long while..
In your face gritty cricket that was
Best of the best facing off each other 🥊🥊🥊👊👊👊

Offline Happiness

Don't think there I'll be hard liquor tough men cricket from the 1970s 1980s 1990s and early 2000s for a very long while..
In your face gritty cricket that was
Best of the best facing off each other 🥊🥊🥊👊👊👊

Hard to compare eras. I think current cricket is very good

Offline king tarzan

Hard to compare eras. I think current cricket is very good

1980s west indies Vs mid 1990's Australia

Battle of all cricketing battles
5 match series
Super dream match up

Offline Happiness

1980s west indies Vs mid 1990's Australia

Battle of all cricketing battles
5 match series
Super dream match up

A full strength, fully fit, peak Ben+Baz ball would murder them!!!!

Offline king tarzan

A full strength, fully fit, peak Ben+Baz ball would murder them!!!!

Who??

Offline Malvolio

World-record stuffing handed to Sri Lanka by India today.  Looks like Kohli has managed to find his form again after the last two years.

Offline Happiness

Offline Happiness

World-record stuffing handed to Sri Lanka by India today.  Looks like Kohli has managed to find his form again after the last two years.

I feel sorry for Sri Lanka for that. However, I am happy Virat is back in form.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 07:32:44 am by Happiness »

Offline mikecee

No sign of gatekeeping here...........yet.

Offline ragged

So - the domestic game.

I have to say I have been loving the Hundred.  As I have always lived in places that weren't in the County system, so have never really developed an attachment to the County game.  Sure it can be good, but you can also end up watching Leicestershire vs. Derbyshire on a drizzly April day in Glossop.

I love how with the Hundred you can listen to/watch all the games, get a sense of the players across all the teams, see the developing narratives, 'root' for a couple of teams etc.  That's not even to mention the women's game - the joy of some of the women players at getting to play large venues in front of large crowds has been palpable.

And yet some people hate it, or disparage the whole concept of "franchise" cricket.  I don't get it.

Offline Happiness

So - the domestic game.

I have to say I have been loving the Hundred.  As I have always lived in places that weren't in the County system, so have never really developed an attachment to the County game.  Sure it can be good, but you can also end up watching Leicestershire vs. Derbyshire on a drizzly April day in Glossop.

I love how with the Hundred you can listen to/watch all the games, get a sense of the players across all the teams, see the developing narratives, 'root' for a couple of teams etc.  That's not even to mention the women's game - the joy of some of the women players at getting to play large venues in front of large crowds has been palpable.

And yet some people hate it, or disparage the whole concept of "franchise" cricket.  I don't get it.

Yes. All cricket is good. I'd like them to introduce a Captain's armband in Cricket. Don't think I've mentioned that here so far.

As a county member of many years I enjoy all forms of cricket, that is why you find me and a few dozen other die hards at a county ground on a freezing cold April morning hoping for the sleet to stop and the ground to thaw enough for us to enjoy a bit of red ball cricket.

I’m not against the Hundred but my views on it haven’t changed. It wasn’t needed and it would have been better to revamp the existing T20 blast rather than shoehorning more games into a congested fixture calendar. I watch it but don’t feel any affinity with my local franchise; I have a real affinity with my local county side and have got to know several current and former players over the years and I value the opportunity to get to know professional sportsmen on a personal level.

Yes. All cricket is good. I'd like them to introduce a Captain's armband in Cricket. Don't think I've mentioned that here so far.

How do you mean? It’s clear who the captain is.

Good to see Jofra get some overs in his legs and for Jason Roy to get a few runs.

Offline Malvolio

Shows how much the game has changed that it wasn't unexpected for South Africa to chase down 340+ today.

Not too worried about England; several first-choice players out and these are vital games for SA to get automatic qualification to the World Cup.

Offline Malvolio

Good to see Jofra get some overs in his legs and for Jason Roy to get a few runs.

Jofra certainly came good today.  Might be a bit early to stick him into the Ashes this summer, but if fit he's got to be a sure pick for the white ball teams.

Jofra certainly came good today.  Might be a bit early to stick him into the Ashes this summer, but if fit he's got to be a sure pick for the white ball teams.

If they’re both fit I’d rotate Wood and Archer for home tests and play them together in favourable conditions.

Online mr.bluesky

Good to see Jofra get some overs in his legs

I like to get my leg over too. My favourite pastime  :D

Good to see the Crims being hammered by an innings inside three days in India.

Offline timsussex

Good to see the Crims being hammered by an innings inside three days in India.

yes but did you see the specially prepared pitch ?  made for spin and especially against left handers

Hidden Image/Members Only

yes but did you see the specially prepared pitch ?  made for spin and especially against left handers

Hidden Image/Members Only

Just like the Crims have always prepared fast bouncy pitches to suit their quicks? We do the same with seam friendly pitches, it’s called home advantage.

The Crims are very bad losers.

Offline timsussex

spinner/seamer friendly is one thing but the making of dry patches outside the left handers off stump is new

and I suspect in the typical English summer we would be pushed NOT to make seamer friendly pitches and even when the Aussies had the best spinner in the world (Shane in his pomp) they still made hard bouncy pitches - mind you they also had McGrath :-)