Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: 2022-23 Football season  (Read 64708 times)

Offline WARSZAWA16

These are the dates that the Premier League has agreed to confirm fixture dates and kick off times for each month, including those selected for broadcast by Sky, BT etc.
They do have a nasty habit of missing these dates but at least it maybe gives an idea of roughly when it will be:

August / September - 5th July
October - 29th July
November - 13th September
December/January - 11th October
February - 6th December
March - 25th January
Match Week 35- 23rd March
Match Week - 36 - 30th March
Match Week - 37 - 7th April
Match Week 38 - Post Match Week 37

Offline WARSZAWA16

Wayne Rooney to leave Derby with immediate effect. I wonder what finally pushed him over the edge? I think he went through an awful lot last season and I admired his patience in many ways, so a little surprised he has decided to leave now. Another job offer maybe? We shall see.

External Link/Members Only

Offline mr.bluesky

So according to the BBC football website Rooney has left Derby County. Can't really say I blame him after all that's gone on at the club for the past year or so. They are up shit creek without a paddle with the take over bid fallen through by all accounts.

Offline Gordon Bennett

Wayne Rooney to leave Derby with immediate effect. I wonder what finally pushed him over the edge? I think he went through an awful lot last season and I admired his patience in many ways, so a little surprised he has decided to leave now. Another job offer maybe? We shall see.

Well the guy supposedly taking over failed to stump up the funds last week and pulled out. I presume Wazza just got fed up with the circus and uncertainty. I believe Derby will be copping another points deduction for season ahead so what is the point really?
Didn't Southgate get a resounding Vote of Confidence from the snivelling cow who runs the FA last week... maybe Rooney will be taking England to WC cos we all know what a vote of confidence means in football.

Online webpunter

Gotta wish him well
A Leeds lad
He could have left when Leeds got beat in the play offs but he stayed
Think Leeds should have got more ££

Hope he gets enough game time as Rodri will be no.1 in DM position
So its bench stuff, coming on in the 2nd half, cup matches & europe

Online webpunter

A diversity hire if ever there was one

Well the guy supposedly taking over failed to stump up the funds last week and pulled out. I presume Wazza just got fed up with the circus and uncertainty. I believe Derby will be copping another points deduction for season ahead so what is the point really?
Didn't Southgate get a resounding Vote of Confidence from the snivelling cow who runs the FA last week... maybe Rooney will be taking England to WC cos we all know what a vote of confidence means in football.

Think Rooney would be a good hire for between now & the WC
Better than dreary-dull-as-ditchwater Southgate

Offline shed

Gotta wish him well
A Leeds lad
He could have left when Leeds got beat in the play offs but he stayed
Think Leeds should have got more ££

Hope he gets enough game time as Rodri will be no.1 in DM position
So its bench stuff, coming on in the 2nd half, cup matches & europe

Rodri has been the heartbeat of that city team so Phillips will be a second string player. Just like Grealish and Mahrez have been. Cannot see him playing much football before the world cup in that side. But he obviously had many offers and because of his loyalty to Leeds it was limited where he could move.  No doubt he will win trophies but he certainly won't be first name on the team sheet. Good move for his career? not sure. If Newcastle had been after him then that would have been a great move. He would have been a regular starter on a new project
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 09:08:55 pm by shed »

Online webpunter

For once we are in agreement  :hi:

There were other teams supposedly up for him:

- West Ham, mostly posturing & i cant see KP living in Essex
- Arsenal, yet another appease the fans move.  Its wearing a bit thin  :rolleyes:
- The Viller, optimistic, however they'll do well to finish mid table & are unlikely to get to more than the top 8

Now Newcastle is a different proposition, as you mention
Work in progress & they're heading in the right direction
& a big budget for salaries
Europe season after next me thinks

Warm the bench or be the 1st name on the team sheet ? {@ the magpies for sure}
It must be hard for a player thinking will i won't i every Saturday
It'll mostly be won't & not in the key matches for sure
So its the weaker Prem teams, cup & CL stuff
Unless Rodri gets injured

I'm pretty sure that if fit KP will make the WC squad
Whether he gets to play much is another matter
Warming the bench looking wistfully on wont do him any favours

No one knows what happens behind the scenes
I hope he doesnt regret going for the wages @ Citeh
Yes he can improve in the company of KDB & EH, but not sitting on the bench most of the time

Whilst Leeds were looking like an ME109 taking a hit & plummeting i'm sure that if Bielsa were still in charge he'd stay
Suits his style of play better
But not in the Championship, which is where Leeds would be if he hadn't been replaced
Only surviving fuck knows how, phew TFFT

Rodri has been the heartbeat of that city team so Phillips will be a second string player. Just like Grealish and Mahrez have been. Cannot see him playing much football before the world cup in that side. But he obviously had many offers and because of his loyalty to Leeds it was limited where he could move.  No doubt he will win trophies but he certainly won't be first name on the team sheet. Good move for his career? not sure. If Newcastle had been after him then that would have been a great move. He would have been a regular starter on a new project

Offline mr.bluesky

Having noticed England women playing the Netherlands wearing all orange shirts. So this is England's new away kit for the mens and womens teams. What the fucks all that about. We should have red as our away colours not dark blue or orange   :dash:

Offline king tarzan

Having noticed England women playing the Netherlands wearing all orange shirts. So this is England's new away kit for the mens and womens teams. What the fucks all that about. We should have red as our away colours not dark blue or orange   :dash:

Hmm playing in sexy lingerie 👅👅😋😋
Banned reason: Misogynist who gets free bookings from agencies for pos reviews.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline mr.bluesky

Hmm playing in sexy lingerie 👅👅😋😋

You have a one track mind kt

Online webpunter

Its the shirt colour
Same as a mango
Mango overload
Trying to think which UKPer it was mentioning fermented mango
Heaven forbid when he gets on {more} of this  :rolleyes:  :D
Crack on KT,  ;)

Offline king tarzan

I wouldn't watch women's football if you can ca it that, pub standard playing..
I really wish the FA could organise a 1 off match between England men's team and women team just to highlight the major major difference..
Ps would tell England men's team take it easy on them..

The result would be at least 25 -0
And I'm not joking..
That's the gulf..

Offline mr.bluesky

I wouldn't watch women's football if you can ca it that, pub standard playing..
I really wish the FA could organise a 1 off match between England men's team and women team just to highlight the major major difference..
Ps would tell England men's team take it easy on them..

The result would be at least 25 -0
And I'm not joking..
That's the gulf..

True, from what little I saw from last night's game it was comedy defending. Englands first goal was meant to be a cross to the back post but she mis hit it and it flew into the back of the net. I don't know who was the most surprised the goal scorer or the Dutch goalkeeper.  Even the commentator said " I don't think she meant to do that"  :D
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 11:07:49 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline Gordon Bennett

True, from what little I saw from last night's game it was comedy defending. Englands first goal was meant to be a cross to the back post but she mis hit it and it flew into the back of the net. I don't know who was the most surprised the goal scorer or the Dutch goalkeeper.  Even the commentator said " I don't think she meant to do that"  :D

The second goal was a weak loopy header towards the centre of the goal that somehow beat the keeper all ends up. The third goal was a weak effort from corner of box that literally passed through the keeper. I stopped watching at that point, and these were just brief highlights, I couldn't watch any more of it as it was farcical.
One thing. They did look a bit fitter and faster than when I last saw them - I'd imagine they might be able to hold their own against a boys U11s team now.
I noticed they had VAR - what a waste of time and money, like putting lipstick on a pig.

Offline mr.bluesky

So it looks like Gareth Bale is going to the retirement league (otherwise known as the MLS) to play for Los Angeles FC

Online webpunter

A bit harsh, given that his focus is the druids
Which he has been open about
He doesnt need the rigours of the championship & chance of injury
Or constant press analysis if he plays in the Prem
Worse places to live [& be relatively anonymous], do a job & be in an environment where he can extend his career by a year or two
Not that he needs the money after being on 650k a week @ Real, but i'm sure he'll get a few $$
He likes his golf & plenty of top courses to play 
Can you imagine how good england could have been with him ? :dash:

So it looks like Gareth Bale is going to the retirement league (otherwise known as the MLS) to play for Los Angeles FC

Offline mr.bluesky

A bit harsh, given that his focus is the druids
Which he has been open about
He doesnt need the rigours of the championship & chance of injury
Or constant press analysis if he plays in the Prem
Worse places to live [& be relatively anonymous], do a job & be in an environment where he can extend his career by a year or two
Not that he needs the money after being on 650k a week @ Real, but i'm sure he'll get a few $$
He likes his golf & plenty of top courses to play 
Can you imagine how good england could have been with him ? :dash:

No you can't really blame him for choosing the sunshine of Los Angeles and a shorter season over the grind of the championship or Premier league and the grey winter months of Cardiff or London. Providing he stays injury free he will fill his boots scoring goals for fun in the MLS. Probably better golf courses in and around LA too. Like you say a pity he wasn't English but England don't often pick players with flair. Le Tissier, Bowles, Rodney Marsh, Tony Currie spring to mind. All good players in their day but only won a handful of England caps between them.
The MLS is a league though where players wind down their careers .
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 08:41:00 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline radioman33

Good decision really nice weather and family lifestyle,golf sit in the sun.

Online webpunter

+1
Winding down in a near enuf perfect location compared to most places, IMO 

And the Californian babes are off the scale
Especially if you like enhanced [chebbage & boat], super white teeth, tanned & fit as
Plus being able to give good head is seen by Cali babes as a badge of honour
And the valley {san fernando} girls are like air-head bimbo tastic  :yahoo:

Fuck me sideways the mumsnetter battle-axes we have here see giving head as a tool of power
If you are lucky its BBC, no not what you are immediately thinking of ...  :rolleyes: :D
>
>
>
>
>
>
Birthdays, Bank holidays & Christmas day

Its a bit weird driving for 2 hours in certain directions & you still arent out of the city, WTF ??

Bale will be welcomed into the british enclave in LA
Rod Stewart will have him round to play footy on his own pitch
& having Ramsay on hand to do the food for a bbq aint bad

Vegas is a few hours drive or 45 mins hopping on a plane [private jet for Bale]

Overall whats not to like

Edit:  the civvys lurve the english accent, sure welsh will be fine  :P

No you can't really blame him for choosing the sunshine of Los Angeles and a shorter season over the grind of the championship or Premier league and the grey winter months of Cardiff or London. Providing he stays injury free he will fill his boots scoring goals for fun in the MLS. Probably better golf courses in and around LA too. Like you say a pity he wasn't English but England don't often pick players with flair. Le Tissier, Bowles, Rodney Marsh, Tony Currie spring to mind. All good players in their day but only won a handful of England caps between them.

Offline Thephoenix

Not only playing in USA, some well known professionals have moved in the opposite direction to play in my old West Australian League.
Sturridge, Heskey and Fowler for example.
Perth beaches are amongst the best in the world and the standard of football has improved a great deal from my playing days in the 60's.

Online webpunter

A footy player  :hi:

Spent a year or two in Oz, loved it
Great beaches most places over there
Just that in Perth there are a higher than average number of sharks
& attacks, not always fatal which get reported locally but not internationally
Deffo more risky in Perth than on the east coast

Super Leeds & The Viller have their pre season tour there, Queensland & Perth

I dont think footy players now would be able to get anywhere near the record of 50+ cans of beer whilst flying down under [well coming back to be accurate]

Not only playing in USA, some well known professionals have moved in the opposite direction to play in my old West Australian League.
Perth beaches are amongst the best in the world and the standard of football has improved a great deal from my playing days in the 60's.

Offline king tarzan

Nation of the greatest cricket players🙌🙌🙌🙌

Offline radioman33

Australia did well to qualify for the World Cup,was a good penalty shoot out against Peru.

Offline jackdaw

See Ajax want Man U to stump up 130 million quid for a couple of their players.

It’s basically got to point where clubs expect Man U to pay double the going rate for transfers, then Man U pay a bung to players agents for good luck…and complete process by paying players ongoing salaries at double bubble.

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Sven Botman's passed his medical at Newcastle and said farewell to Lille supporters via his Instagram account just waiting for the official announcement.

It's been reported that the Hugo Ekitike deal is off due to his agents excessive demands.

Online webpunter

Double the cunts, double the price

Will laarf my tits off if Captain Ronnie [CR] leaves
Then they will be fcuked, their highest scorer & key player on the pitch & dressing room 

Ronnie's agent is stirring things
Dont expect CR to leave but me thinks he's about to [quietly] have his remuneration increased
To compensate for his image being tarnished continuing to be associated with ManU
And for having to somehow try & organise the shower which is around him

See Ajax want Man U to stump up 130 million quid for a couple of their players.

It’s basically got to point where clubs expect Man U to pay double the going rate for transfers, then Man U pay a bung to players agents for good luck…and complete process by paying players ongoing salaries at double bubble.

Online webpunter

Good to see that even Newcastle have their limits  :thumbsup:

Top 6 this coming season ?, maybe just outside

Since the start of the NY Newcastle would be towards top of the table if the season started then
4th

Sven Botman's passed his medical at Newcastle and said farewell to Lille supporters via his Instagram account just waiting for the official announcement.

It's been reported that the Hugo Ekitike deal is off due to his agents excessive demands.

Offline Malvolio

I'd expect Newcastle to be around the 60 to 65 points area at the end of the season - that might be enough for top six.

Offline chrishornx

I'd expect Newcastle to be around the 60 to 65 points area at the end of the season - that might be enough for top six.

sounds about right

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Good to see that even Newcastle have their limits  :thumbsup:

Top 6 this coming season ?, maybe just outside

Since the start of the NY Newcastle would be towards top of the table if the season started then
4th
They made it clear from the off they won't be taken for mugs, they walked away from the Jesse Lingard loan deal because of the fees Man U wanted and now the transfer fee for Ekitike has been agreed between the clubs and personal terms supposedly agreed but it's the agent that's causing the problem.

Top end of the middle third of the table will do me next season then push on after that. If we make the Europa league then that's a bonus.

Offline king tarzan

They made it clear from the off they won't be taken for mugs, they walked away from the Jesse Lingard loan deal because of the fees Man U wanted and now the transfer fee for Ekitike has been agreed between the clubs and personal terms supposedly agreed but it's the agent that's causing the problem.

Top end of the middle third of the table will do me next season then push on after that. If we make the Europa league then that's a bonus.

Hopefully the Great MU will prove everyone wrong next season..
At least like there rivals they don't pay over the odds to buy the title with ££££ as a springboard

Offline Blackpool Rock

At least like there rivals they don't pay over the odds to buy the title with ££££ as a springboard
But from other threads there were posts which showed Man Utd had the highest net spend on players, you are correct that they haven't spent loads of ££££ to buy the title but rather they have spent loads of ££££ not to win the title  :rolleyes:  :hi:

Offline chrishornx

But from other threads there were posts which showed Man Utd had the highest net spend on players, you are correct that they haven't spent loads of ££££ to buy the title but rather they have spent loads of ££££ not to win the title  :rolleyes:  :hi:

seems about right

Offline mr.bluesky

I doubt it, I think they will be lucky to make the top six next season. Newcastle could be up there. In fact I'm gonna stick my neck out and say
1. Manchester City
2. Liverpool
3. Chelsea
4. Spurs
5. Arsenal
6.Newcastle
7. Man Utd.
Very much like last season apart from Newcastle to break into the top 6. I think Eddie Howe has made some shrewd signings so far without spending silly money and if Callum Wilson steers clear of injuries should get plenty of goals.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 12:13:01 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline WARSZAWA16

Man United submitting their final bid for Frenkie De Jong

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline lillythesavage

I doubt it, I think they will be lucky to make the top six next season. Newcastle could be up there. In fact I'm gonna stick my neck out and say
1. Manchester City
2. Liverpool
3. Chelsea
4. Spurs
5. Arsenal
6.Newcastle
7. Man Utd.
Very much like last season apart from Newcastle to break into the top 6. I think Eddie Howe has made some shrewd signings so far without spending silly money and if Callum Wilson steers clear of injuries should get plenty of goals.

I fancy Spurs to be above Chelsea, but I have a really long and hopeful neck  :D

Offline Gordon Bennett

It's too early to say. If Arsenal land half the players they're supposedly after they'll finish third. I'd wait until transfer window shuts before making predictions.

Offline Blackpool Rock

It's too early to say. If Arsenal land half the players they're supposedly after they'll finish third. I'd wait until transfer window shuts before making predictions.
If Arsenal land half the players they're supposedly after then that's half the players in the Prem  :D

They must have more scouts than Baden Powell  :rolleyes:

Offline mr.bluesky

If Arsenal land half the players they're supposedly after then that's half the players in the Prem  :D

They must have more scouts than Baden Powell  :rolleyes:

Yeah. Talking about signing players and actually signing them are two different things as Man utd are now finding out

Online webpunter

I've mentioned it before the rear gunners being 'interested' in this or that player
Appeasing the fans though they'd be thick not to have worked out the clubs approach
Seems though that in this transfer window its less talking & more activity
Much of the 'interest' is agents playing games to get their player in the sports headlines, bigger wages & bigger commission   

For example Rapinha's agent will drum up stuff about Chelsea & Arsenal interest
Whereas the player has made it crystal where he wants to play next season
The agent is trying to force Barca's hand
Barca plead poverty then bid for for any ageing Lewandowski

Online webpunter

What i cant work out is why Leeds appear to be letting Phillips go relatively cheaply
@ 45-50mill
Know he's a midfielder [strikers go for more pro rata], but even so as he was England's player of the €uros seems a bit cheap

As with most transfers there is usually something that the football public dont know
Could be more than one thing
Maybe there's a release clause of sorts

Unless anything meaning Phillips move is a dead cert, Leeds should be holding out for more
Like 60mill
Or state publicly that they want him to stay for another season & he can go then [with one year on the contract left]
Yes take a hit financially but the player is retained for 2022-23
Or go further & say that they're happy for the player to leave on a free in two seasons time [or both]
See what happens then & offer the player an increase now & then at the end of the contract etc

Mbappe ended up staying @ PSG in this scenario much to the annoyance of Real who were spitting nails
Especially about the 100mill signing on fee, which they matched
 :D

Offline shed

Raphina Chelsea bound it seems

Offline Gordon Bennett

Phillips and Rice are massively ordinary players and hugely overrated. They're no better than say, James Milner or Jonjo Shelvey. I'm guessing Leeds know this and would bite the arm off of anyone waving £40/50 mil about. As for Wet Spam talking about £100+ million for Rice, that's just laughable and not even the idiots at Old Trafford would fall for that.

Online webpunter

Indeed 60-65
Trying to work out how chelski will service £4bn+ of debt with a stadium capacity at just under 42,000
Only a little higher than bell end road
The yank hedge fund billionaires [who have invested] always want 10%, whichever way this is arrived at
And their capital back at some point
Whereas with abramovich, zip interest & no repayment
Best of British on FFP

Raphina Chelsea bound it seems

Offline Goldfinch

Richarlison: Tottenham sign Brazil forward from Everton in deal worth £60m

Offline lillythesavage

Richarlison: Tottenham sign Brazil forward from Everton in deal worth £60m

For some reason I have liked him since his Watford days and like watching him, 60 million though?

He should score goals at Tottenham but doubt he will be first choice  :unknown:

Offline Goldfinch

Offline mr.bluesky

For some reason I have liked him since his Watford days and like watching him, 60 million though?

He should score goals at Tottenham but doubt he will be first choice  :unknown:

With Son, Kane and Richarlison up front scoring goals won't be a problem and signing a decent back up goalkeeper in Forster they could be pushing for a top three finish.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 01:02:15 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline gbyld87

With Son, Kane and Richarlison up front scoring goals won't be a problem and signing a decent back up goalkeeper in Forster they could be pushing for a top three finish.

Where's kulesevski going to play in your opinion, if Richarlison is joining Son & Kane up top?  Or are you saying you think Richarlison will displace Kulu in the starting 11?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 01:34:37 pm by gbyld87 »