Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Wordle - Daily Word Challenge  (Read 44983 times)

Offline Gordon Bennett

This Wordle thing seems to be going viral....

External Link/Members Only

It's a daily challenge to find a word. There's no app - just some guy's website with no adds, pop-ups or anything virus-y. Just one challenge a day so you can't lose 15 hours endlessly playing it.

It's basically a fun little diversion that takes a couple of minutes. I think fact you can share your score is the thing that's driving it on social media and making it a growing phenomenon.

Posting here so when it goes stratospheric in coming days/weeks you can casually say you've been on it for ages :thumbsup:

Offline Stretfordender

Brilliant. Got that one in 4 attempts. Look forward to tomorrow's!  :thumbsup:

Offline conrod

Brilliant. Got that one in 4 attempts. Look forward to tomorrow's!  :thumbsup:

Same for me. Got it in 4.

Offline Gordon Bennett

Took me 6 today. Should've maybe been 5 but I fucked up my third attempt using a letter previously identified as not being in the word, I could kick myself!

Still, I'm on a run of three correct solutions now.

Offline mr.bluesky

First time I've tried it today .Got it in four. Lucky 1st attempt where I got the first 3 letters straight away. Should have got it in three though. This is going to be addictive.

Offline Stretfordender

Got it in 4 again today. I'm glad it's only 1 a day although I'll be gutted when I get one wrong  :D

Offline Dave33ws6

Offline Gordon Bennett

Took me 6 today. Second time I've taken 6 so it's seat of the pants high drama stuff but I'm on a run of 6 correct now.

I'm convinced he's gonna try and fuck us up with Jiffy or Daddy or Whizz soon but I'm onto that and won't fall for it!

Offline mr.bluesky

Took me 6 today. Second time I've taken 6 so it's seat of the pants high drama stuff but I'm on a run of 6 correct now.

I'm convinced he's gonna try and fuck us up with Jiffy or Daddy or Whizz soon but I'm onto that and won't fall for it!

4 attempts today but struggled on yesterday's one took me 6  :dash: Bloody Q word.

Offline The0neAnd0nly

Got it in 2 attempts today  :dance:

Thats pretty impressive! I got it in 3 today after a few days break  :thumbsup:

Offline suttonporksword

Its like that really annoying Lingo daytime TV programme, which if it wasnt for Covid and working from home i would never have been aware of! i would even rather suffer the annoying twat Warwick Davis on Tenable than that crap!

Offline Stretfordender

Got it in 3 for the last 2 days. I go with the same word to start with every day. Seems to give me a few pointers for the next guess.

Offline allroadboy

3 today, must of been beginners luck !

Offline myothernameis

I got today word in 2 attempts, first attempt got one letter in the right place.  And from there onward guessed right on what the word was

Offline lillythesavage

Fuck it, got the better of me, so tried, nothing first go, second one right place one wrong, got it third attempt.

It is much easier with the keypad showing letters used than it is on that Lingo shite though.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 08:35:46 pm by lillythesavage »

Offline Gordon Bennett

WTF! An American spelling today - what a shambles.

Luckily I  had letters 1,3 and 5 and could deduce there simply were no English spelt words to make with available letters.

Took 5 goes and now on a run of 7.

Offline myothernameis

Failed today, to get the word, guess sometimes your just lucky if you guess right word or words

All 5 letter words:  daily, today, guess, lucky, right, words, topic, reply, posts, sugar, south, north, tiger,  rules, apply, forum

Offline lillythesavage

WTF! An American spelling today - what a shambles.

Luckily I  had letters 1,3 and 5 and could deduce there simply were no English spelt words to make with available letters.

Took 5 goes and now on a run of 7.

I thought it would come back as a fail, got the American spelling ok, from the American spell checker on here, I just use American spelling here to avoid red lines  :D

Offline Mr Sinister

This Wordle thing seems to be going viral....

There's no app - just some guy's website with no adds, pop-ups or anything virus-y. Just one challenge a day so you can't lose 15 hours endlessly playing it.

Well people have tried to cash in by copying the game and launching their own apps to sell, luckily Apple and Google are playing nice by kicking them out the store but I wonder how long they can keep doing that for fairly.

I know the inventor launched this as a kind non-profit gesture but he really should have copyrighted/patented the game. He could probably be raking in millions if he attached a price to it.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 02:12:38 pm by Mr Sinister »

Offline mr.bluesky

Failed today, to get the word, guess sometimes your just lucky if you guess right word or words

All 5 letter words:  daily, today, guess, lucky, right, words, topic, reply, posts, sugar, south, north, tiger,  rules, apply, forum

Got it in 5 today . If you get any of the first 3 letters in your first or second attempt it's a massive help.

Offline Ssoap

Got it in 4 Yank spelling though

Offline mr.bluesky

Got it in 4 Yank spelling though

That's what I thought. No wonder I struggled today. :dash:

Offline Gordon Bennett

Well people have tried to cash in by copying the game and launching their own apps to sell, luckily Apple and Google are playing nice by kicking them out the store but I wonder how long they can keep doing that for fairly.

I know the inventor launched this as a kind non-profit gesture but he really should have copyrighted/patented the game. He could probably be raking in millions if he attached a price to it.

Doubt he could copyright it - I've seen it before in various guises. If he had tried to monetize it I'm pretty sure thousands would have popped up claiming he'd nicked their concept or idea.

Offline Geoff800

Fucking Yank spelling  :angry: Ruined my day

Offline Dave33ws6

I failed today too, toughest one so far

Offline mr.bluesky

Got it in 3 today  :yahoo: best effort yet. What happens if you don't  get it in 6 guesses, does the answer come up  :unknown:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 05:55:36 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline myothernameis

Got it in 3 today  :yahoo: best effort yet. What happens if you don't  get it in 6 guesses, does the answer come up  :unknown:

yes

Offline mr.bluesky

SPOILER ALERT  : If a letter is used twice that's what throws you  :dash:

Offline Dave33ws6

Got it on the last attempt today. Phew lol

Offline lillythesavage

SPOILER ALERT  : If a letter is used twice that's what throws you  :dash:

Failed too yesterday, but got it in 3 today.

Offline mr.bluesky

Offline Stretfordender

Failed for the first time today. Yesterday's took me 5 attempts while my 10 year old got it in 2  :lol:

Offline mills_and_bhuna

There's a HD ame show on TV who's name escapes me but I think Warwick Davis is the host.
It's practically identical but different rounds have 4 or 6 letter variants

Offline jonnw16

I thought it would come back as a fail, got the American spelling ok, from the American spell checker on here, I just use American spelling here to avoid red lines  :D
Set your language to English (UK) in your browser.

Offline mr.bluesky

Don't think that makes any difference. I use my phone to do it and on the instructions how to play the game the word colour is spelt the American way color  :unknown:

Offline lillythesavage

It is, makes no difference if the site uses American spell checkers, like this one, Ebay comes to mind too.

Offline Rick2468

Nice site! I tried it for first time today and got the answer in 6 attempts and was really scratching my head as took me ages to work out a possible word after 4 guesses. I should have got it in 5 goes as my fifth guess included a letter that had already been eliminated from a previous guess but I was still getting used to the game. I will try the clue tomorrow.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 07:53:20 pm by Rick2468 »

Offline Malvolio

I've been thinking about the best starter word to enter.  At the moment I reckon it's steal, as that has the two most common vowels and three very common consonants.

Offline mr.bluesky

Offline mr.bluesky

I've been thinking about the best starter word to enter.  At the moment I reckon it's steal, as that has the two most common vowels and three very common consonants.

I always start with train

Offline Rick2468

I always start with train

I started with LAUGH yesterday which was my first time playing and I got two letters in the right place which was lucky as I don't think LAUGH is the best word to use. I actually tried inputting AEIOU initially to get the vowels but it rejected that as not a word. There is definitely going to be a good strategy to it I am going to give it some thought. Train seems like a good word I think.

I haven't tried today's challenge yet but will try later on. It's a fun game. For me it is definitely for the best it limits you to one a day or I'd sink far too much time into it. It also makes me think carefully about each guess you make.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 08:10:31 am by Rick2468 »

Offline Gordon Bennett

I like RAISE. Three vowels and two common consonants plus maybe finding out if its a plural with S on the end.

Offline lillythesavage

4 today after getting none right on first go.

Offline Rick2468

3 attempts today. Got one correct position in first go and one incorrect position. Really struggling to think of words once I get a couple of letters in the right place I don't think my brain is cut out for this. Spent about 5 minutes thinking between each guess whilst watching the footie.