Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Sad to report Eddie Van Halen has died  (Read 243 times)

Offline Ahalfa Carling

Really sad news.

Saw VH a couple of times (once with David Lee Roth and once with Sammy Hagar) - two totally different bands; with DLR they were a party, but with SH they were a more serious rock band.

Offline MilleMiglia

My best memory of Van Halen. Was it really that long ago?

External Link/Members Only

Offline WelshClipper

Not a huge fan, I could not stand Maxwell Jump and David Lee Roth's antics.

But huge respect for the quality of Van Halen's guitar work.

I expect his ex, Valerie Bertinelli is devastated.  :(

Offline Ahalfa Carling

My best memory of Van Halen. Was it really that long ago?

Aah yes, I was there.

Will always remember DLR coming out with the quote of the day - "Don't be throwing no shit up on stage, but that's alright I know who threw that bottle and after the show pal I'm gonna fuck your girl friend man"

Offline NIK

As I said in an earlier music thread I am not a great fan and knew nothing about them in their hey day. The only song I was aware of was Jump, which didn't do anything for me. Of course it came from the end of their peak era and wasn't really representative, but I didn't know that at the time. However, being a sad collector who feels he has to have all the 'greats' I do have the box set of their first six albums.

Doubtless he was a great guitarist but too many twiddly bits and weak songs for my liking and the songs (and albums) all seem pretty short. Despite his virtuosity there are no prog epics as you'd expect from such a guitarist.

Having said that I do like David Lee Roth's voice and would have liked to have seen him perform in his hey day. There don't seem many decent clips of VH at their peak anywhere and certainly no dvds.
I do actually love the track D.O.A from the second album and the way DLR sings it.

Offline advent2016

I wonder if there will be any brown M&M's at the wake

Offline WelshMichael

As I said in an earlier music thread I am not a great fan and knew nothing about them in their hey day. The only song I was aware of was Jump, which didn't do anything for me. Of course it came from the end of their peak era and wasn't really representative, but I didn't know that at the time. However, being a sad collector who feels he has to have all the 'greats' I do have the box set of their first six albums.

Doubtless he was a great guitarist but too many twiddly bits and weak songs for my liking and the songs (and albums) all seem pretty short. Despite his virtuosity there are no prog epics as you'd expect from such a guitarist.

Having said that I do like David Lee Roth's voice and would have liked to have seen him perform in his hey day. There don't seem many decent clips of VH at their peak anywhere and certainly no dvds.
I do actually love the track D.O.A from the second album and the way DLR sings it.

Here's a couple I know of:

As you say decent quality clips are hard to find though.