Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Sexually transmitted disease stats  (Read 1273 times)

Phaedrus

Here's a heads up as I'm seriously thinking about no longer enjoying OWO or RO.

External Link/Members Only

To save time, go straight to table 3 and 4. Its a 2011 survey so 5 years out of date but still relevant.

In our study, FSWs were twice as likely as other female attendees to be diagnosed with chlamydia and almost three times more likely to be diagnosed with gonorrhoea, but there was no significant difference in the period prevalence of HIV or syphilis

8.5 in 100 have Chlamydia
3 in 100 have genital warts
2.5 in 100 have Gonorrhea.

Offline Matrix

To save time, go straight to table 3 and 4. Its a 2011 survey so 5 years out of date but still relevant.

In our study, FSWs were twice as likely as other female attendees to be diagnosed with chlamydia and almost three times more likely to be diagnosed with gonorrhoea, but there was no significant difference in the period prevalence of HIV or syphilis

More than 3 times more likely to bother getting checked in the first place.

Offline NigelF

Bear in mind this does include street girls (although they are a minority and some of them are less likely to go for a check as well). Also, as Matrix has said, at least they're much more likely to get checked than civvies.

Receiving OWO is really rather safe (although there is a risk). RO isn't great (but not all STI's can live in the mouth/throat) and I really should stop that but I can't be arsed (because for some reason I still like it) and I'm still not going to catch anything life-threatening (unless I'm ridiculously unlucky and get something which is antibiotic-resistant or gets past the Hep B vaccine).

I've punted plenty (OWO and RO) and I've never caught anything.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 03:13:33 pm by NigelF »

Offline Matrix

I might get run over one day but I ain't going to stop crossing the road.  :hi:

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Not sure how half a person can have something, but never mind. It's been said many times punting's not for the squeamish. I don't take notice of stats, especially out of date ones. Just do your own risk assessment and put the way you're happy with and get checked regularly.     

holland

Bear in mind this does include street girls (although they are a minority and some of them are less likely to go for a check as well). Also, as Matrix has said, at least they're much more likely to get checked than civvies.

Receiving OWO is really rather safe (although there is a risk). RO isn't great (but not all STI's can live in the mouth/throat) and I really should stop that but I can't be arsed (because for some reason I still like it) and I'm still not going to catch anything life-threatening (unless I'm ridiculously unlucky and get something which is antibiotic-resistant or gets past the Hep B vaccine).

I've punted plenty (OWO and RO) and I've never caught anything.

I agree with Nigel.
If you punt, do it without fears.

Offline shagmore

These are the risks you take, you can minimise them by not doing RO, O or anything but straight sex, or completely stop them buy not punting

Its not for the faint hearted

Offline MrMatrix

We all know theres a risk with this hobby. Just dont do any thing silly and if you have reservations in meeting a WG dont do it. I dont go down on every SP I meet. If I feel uneasy - I don't do it. :hi:

Offline Murray Mint

I also notice that "Country of origin of migrant FSWs also has implications for service priorities at clinics, for example, ensuring HIV testing is available to the large number from Brazil where HIV prevalence among FSWs is 6.2%."

Of course, it doesn't follow that 6.2% of Brazilian sex workers in this country have HIV but!...............

I shan't be changing my habits, though.   :)

Offline Redbull4

Risk v pleasure/enjoyment

OWO and RO are two things which I enjoy along with other things in life like driving fast etc. All carries risks but you've just got to decide what your comfortable with and what your willing to accept worst case scenario.

I was lucky to get a heap of vaccinations through my old workplace include Hep B, doesn't eliminate all risks but I'm comfortable with my choices and I take relevant precautions (Regular sti checks).

Offline Derrick101

Do you think these stats are roughly equivalent to the number of barebackers on AW ?

vw

But they have 1000 times the number of partners of civvies so not bad only being twice or 3.5 times as likely.

You have Not changed my mind on OWO or RO, chlamydia or Gonorrhoea will never kill me, crossing the road to punt may do though.

thanks for the stats though, will help with clarity with some punters who are more risk averse.

Offline Blackpool Rock

I'm sure there have been other threads on here which have basically said that STI rates in prossies are lower than civvies as the WG's get tested whereas girls who fuck at weekends when their pissed are less likely to go to the GUM unless something obvious is wrong.
As others have said it's a personal decision risk vs reward and this needs to factor in whether you are single or have an OH etc and whether your still sexually active with the OH.
I remember about 6 years ago a girl i'd seen a few times stopped doing OWO due to drug resistant whatever where she had been told the majority of punters in Manchester had it.
Again the same scare hit Sandys a couple of years back and the girls were ordered no OWO until they all complained about taking being down (most girls still did it for regulars).
All these things keep going round and round every few years and as quoted above most punters that have indulged in OWO and RO for years haven't caught anything however low risk isn't no risk as another recent thread on here demonstrates however you do have to be a bit unlucky IMO