Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Useful Feature To Secure Your Phone  (Read 1763 times)

Offline Happyjose

Apologies if this has been discussed before.

Recently discovered a built in option that restricts what others can access on your smartphone.

This has come in handy more than once in a social situation where someone wishes to see photos you have taken, or speak to someone on your device, so you hand over your phone, but you are wary of them accessing other apps, which in my case is mainly my browsing history ( I have a punting phone, but use my normal phone for UKP and AW ).

Simple to set up, and just takes 3 quick clicks of the home button and a press of the start option to initiate

External Link/Members Only

I've found it useful in the setting described. Apparently there is a similar feature for Android users.

Offline shagmore

Useful, but thats why I always delete the phone numbers and messages form the phone as soon as I leave the WG, first thing I do when I get in the car.

Offline hungrypunt

and an android version for us people who dont like apples  :lol:

External Link/Members Only

Offline shagmore

and an android version for us people who dont like apples  :lol:

No but we like pairs. sorry couldn't reset that one  :sarcastic:

Offline HighlyMotivated

I use a free app called Photo Vault to store AW photos of all the WGs I've seen (needs a password to enter). It even deletes the images from your Photos after you've transferred them (with your permission of course)

Offline Happyjose

Useful, but thats why I always delete the phone numbers and messages form the phone as soon as I leave the WG, first thing I do when I get in the car.

As I say, I keep my punting and normal phone separate.

This feature means I don't need to worry about deleting browsing history, or anything else I've forgotten about, on my normal phone.

Hopefully it'll prove useful to some

Offline Marmalade

I use a free app called Photo Vault to store AW photos of all the WGs I've seen (needs a password to enter). It even deletes the images from your Photos after you've transferred them (with your permission of course)

I'd like an app like that to hide icons or a group of icons (eg a folder with AW & UKP). Quite easy to hide photos but not found a way to hide apps, or more importantly, webpage icons.

I thought the OP tip was brilliant when I saw it but when I tried it I found the functionality a bit limited. Just one app, and when I swiped down it told me that the limited access thingie was on...

Offline Happyjose

when I swiped down it told me that the limited access thingie was on...

The advantage for me is that it locks the phone to whichever app you choose, making it relatively secure when it's out of your hands, so 'guests' can't cause mischief. It does work for every app I've tried, but only one at a time

Of course, it could then lead to a conversation concerning why your phone is locked....

Sure a friend had some sort of app in the past that presented like a calculator, though when a code was entered it revealed hidden files. Would imagine there must be something similar still available
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 08:11:19 am by Happyjose »

Offline nigel4498

I use this app too.
It also allows you to have a dummy vault in case anyone asks what's on there.
You should show them your family photos in the dummy vault, brilliant.

Offline Happyjose

I use this app too.
It also allows you to have a dummy vault in case anyone asks what's on there.
You should show them your family photos in the dummy vault, brilliant.

Sounds interesting

Does it restrict a guest user from exiting the app and accessing other parts of your smartphone?

Offline nigel4498

Sounds interesting

Does it restrict a guest user from exiting the app and accessing other parts of your smartphone?

It's password protected and so is the dummy vault so no one can access else it.
You have to create a main 4 digit password to enter and then for each album you create another password. It gives you the option of emailing you the passwords if you forget.

Hidden Image/Members Only
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 11:15:03 am by nigel4498 »

Offline Happyjose

It's password protected and so is the dummy vault so no one can access else it.

Maybe I'm being clumsy here

You say you could show your family photos in the dummy vault. If you did so, could the guest viewing the photos in the dummy vault exit the app while they have the phone and view other apps on your device?

I think I understand it's secure from the point of view of accessing the vault. Is it secure in terms of exiting?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 11:15:44 am by Happyjose »

Offline nigel4498

It's not going to stop others accessing other apps.
It's useful so you can store photos and other details from prying eyes.

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

You have TWO phones one is Strictly for punting.

The first thing you do when leaving the punt is to ERASE all Texts messages received and sent and calls received and set so its got Nothing on it Nothing OK?

That way you stay out of trouble her indoors does not see anything on your main phone no WG ever gets to see you ordinary phone either.

If her indoors should get to see your burner phone then there nothing on it so excuses like its old a spare, found it in the steet, train pub etc belongs to a mate the firm whatever and her being shown its got nothing in it might just might save your sorry arse!.

In fact its not a bad idea to erase this punt data before the punt starts even in case your soo fluffed up you forget.

Do the above to stay out of trouble!.

It will save some poor woman's anguish over on mummys net spouting that shes found a suspicious message on an odd phone he's left lying around etc.

U know it makes sense!.

DO IT!

Offline Happyjose

It's not going to stop others accessing other apps.
It's useful so you can store photos and other details from prying eyes.

No doubt. Useful if you're organised and disciplined

The original post concerned a feature that allowed security on the hoof, so to speak, and means in an on-the-spot situation, you can hand your phone over to a third party without fear of outing

I take lots of photos, and am often asked to show them to others, with my phone being shared around a few people so they can view. I would rather not have to worry about someone accessing other parts of my phone, either by accident or for mischief.

With me, it's mainly my browsing history. I usually delete my history, but mistakes can (and eventually do) happen.

Many members don't have a separate punting phone, so they could be concerned about publically revealing whatsapp or text messages, social media, or whatever.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 11:34:49 am by Happyjose »

Offline agcnospam

If you save all your adultwork photos in one folder they can be hidden quite easily. Just rename the folder with a . (full stop) as the first character of the folder name. Then go to view options in the My Files folder (or click on More on the top right of the screen) and select 'Conceal Hidden Files'. That folder then disappears from sight via folder view and from the Gallery as well. This works on my Android phone, dunno about iPhone though. Cheers