Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Dual Sim phone  (Read 4358 times)

Offline ik8133

My phone is needing upgraded, was thinking on a dual sim phone.  So would have a my contract sim for personal and a pay as you go for punting, will this work ok?

Asking for a friend!  ;)

Offline thimble29

As far as calls and texts yes, but other communication might be tied to your Apple or Google Id. Eg location history, web browsing.
Most people here recommend a completely separate phone for those reasons, if you can have a legit reason or hide it.

Offline Redpunter

I have been using a cloud Sim which generated its own number and I was able to register under another email which I don't use if its any help.

Online Waterhouse

A typical dual SIM mobile will use any account details available to identify you on both SIMs i.e. email name, facefuck name etc. They will be stored on the handset, not the SIM and made available to the handset AFAIK.

Also mobile data will only be enabled on one SIM, not both - at least that's been my experience of dual SIM mobiles.

Always best to have two phones in my opinion.

Offline bedhedred

My punting phone has become unusable so I transferred my punting sim into my regular phone.
I can manage which sim is the active one.

I have sent sms to girls via the punting sim. You just need to clear them out of your message list. I tried to set up a second WhatsApp profile for but it was demanding access to my real life contacts list so I decided to delete it.

I have Google maps timeliness switched off for my personal number and that stays switched off whilst browsing and using data on punting sim as well. No concerns on that aspect.

Having a second phone is more flexible, but dual sim can be a stopgap. Now I have to be more vigilant about the new punting phone I got.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 02:57:54 pm by bedhedred »

Offline LLPunting

My punting phone has become unusable so I transferred my punting sim into my regular phone.
I can manage which sim is the active one.

I have sent sms to girls via the punting sim. You just need to clear them out of your message list. I tried to set up a second WhatsApp profile for but it was demanding access to my real life contacts list so I decided to delete it.

I have Google maps timeliness switched off for my personal number and that stays switched off whilst browsing and using data on punting sim as well. No concerns on that aspect.

Having a second phone is more flexible, but dual sim can be a stopgap. Now I have to be more vigilant about the new punting phone I got.

Precisely why I use a second handset.  You can always tether through main phone for data if you need to minimise running costs.
More girls are using WhatsApp and the like so a second handset becomes a wiser and more functional choice.

Offline tynetunnel

I use an iPhone XR which is dual sim, a physical sim and a virtual Apple one. I have my main number on the virtual sim, provided by EE. I have my punting number on a physical sim from 3, which I bought and top up anonymously. It’s not tied to me in any way.

I use WhatsApp for punting, this is tied to my 3 number.  I use WA business for my personal WhatsApp.

I can select which network a contact is assigned to, so I never message my wife from 3 and I never message a sugar baby from my personal EE number. I can switch off either or both networks in Settings. I don’t use Facebook on my phone anyway.

It works perfectly for me.  :hi:

Offline bedhedred

WA business : is it free to use? I must check it out

Offline Gordon Bennett

More and more new phones are coming with built in e-SIMs, ie they don't use traditional little plastic slot-in one. A lot inexplicably still let you use an old-fashioned SIM card too. But, the writing is on the wall for SIMs as we currently know them. I reckon within 5 years having a shitty Nokia 3210 with a SIM will not be an option. Crikey....... no cash, no punting phones! We're gonna have to learn a new set of skills for dodging and diving.

Offline tynetunnel

WA business : is it free to use? I must check it out

Yes it’s free. Essentially a second and separate WA account

Offline bedhedred

Yes it’s free. Essentially a second and separate WA account

Excellent sounds like what I need to keep the contacts separate

Offline bedhedred

I installed WA business on my phone. It will not work without access to my contacts list. I need to give it a second contact list. Somehow.

You can't just type in a number from aw and message it. I don't want to mix aw contacts into my real life address book. Any thoughts?

Offline sub_marine

How much hassle is it goto CEX and get a 2nd hand small samsung smart phone for £50, and keep everything seperate.

For the guys who think that using 2 sims in one phone is perfectly secure, you only need to make a single mistake like send the whatsapp to the wrong account and its game over.  At least with a seperate phone you can create a whole different persona to go with it, including as much fake social media as you like, just never do anything personal on the punting phone

Offline redveee

Not sure how this works with a dual sim and WhatsApp but if you open the browser on your handset and put this into the url bar

External Link/Members Only

with xxxxx being replaced by the number you want to contact then hit enter you'll get an option to chat then WA will open and no need to add the number as a contact..

HTH

Offline ik8133

How much hassle is it goto CEX and get a 2nd hand small samsung smart phone for £50, and keep everything seperate.

For the guys who think that using 2 sims in one phone is perfectly secure, you only need to make a single mistake like send the whatsapp to the wrong account and its game over.  At least with a seperate phone you can create a whole different persona to go with it, including as much fake social media as you like, just never do anything personal on the punting phone

Thats quite true, its all too easy to slip up. I'll still have my smart old phone so can purchase a pay as you go sim for that.

Thanks to all, for your imput on this thread. :thumbsup:

Offline MrMatrix

More and more new phones are coming with built in e-SIMs, ie they don't use traditional little plastic slot-in one. A lot inexplicably still let you use an old-fashioned SIM card too. But, the writing is on the wall for SIMs as we currently know them. I reckon within 5 years having a shitty Nokia 3210 with a SIM will not be an option. Crikey....... no cash, no punting phones! We're gonna have to learn a new set of skills for dodging and diving.
I still use a Nokia occasionally. But you are right GB, its a worry that the landscape is rapidly changing. :hi:

Offline Home Alone

Yet another reason why this old fogey is sometimes heard to day, "I never signed up for the 21st Century; I was perfectly happy in the 20th."

Because the OH & I decided not to have kids, I now have no grandkids to raise their eyes and say  "Oh, Grandad; that's so easy to sort!"

Not that I'd discuss the sort of problems that technoligical "progress" will present in our particular sector of the market with a grandson, obvs!! :scare:

Offline tynetunnel

Yet another reason why this old fogey is sometimes heard to day, "I never signed up for the 21st Century; I was perfectly happy in the 20th."

Because the OH & I decided not to have kids, I now have no grandkids to raise their eyes and say  "Oh, Grandad; that's so easy to sort!"

Not that I'd discuss the sort of problems that technoligical "progress" will present in our particular sector of the market with a grandson, obvs!! :scare:

If you need any help granddad...  :hi: :lol:

Offline Home Alone

You cheeky young rip!  :rolleyes:

Have a bit of respect for your elders, if you please!  ;)  :D

Online Prince

For those who use a separate punting phone.....where do you hide it? Or if the wife knows you have a 2nd phone,don't they ask why or want to borrow it occasionally?

P

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
For those who use a separate punting phone.....where do you hide it? Or if the wife knows you have a 2nd phone,don't they ask why or want to borrow it occasionally?

P
That sounds a good plan, post on the internet where you hide the phone you don't want people to know about. :wacko:

Offline gbyld87

That sounds a good plan, post on the internet where you hide the phone you don't want people to know about. :wacko:

:lol:

Honestly though, for me a second phone would raise a hell of a lot of questions.  Dual SIM is something I'm looking at in earnest.

Offline bedhedred

I had an old smartphone used for punting and a new one used for personal stuff. The old phone became unusable in the last month.

Now I've had to buy a new smartphone for punting and I haven't got a good cover story for it. I hide it in the house as best I can, but it bothers me.

I tried adding WhatsApp to the new phone. It demands that you put the space as a contact so immediately the new phone becomes "hot" with unexplainable contacts.

Dual sim is tricky in some ways but less conspicuous than a 2nd phone.

Offline advent2016

I usually have a number of different phones for different employers so my regular partner (when i have one) is used to it and not suspicious though I never take my punting phone into my residence.

I'd go for  two phones. If you can't I'd go for two  a Samsung phone with Knox secure folder that can keep your information, browsing separate from the main part of the phone. You can have a different pin for the knox folder or fingerprint and different application profiles.

You can also set up a second user on your phone and use that as a punting profile with location turned off.

A dual sim phone nearly always leaks meta data.

If you can use a second phone with a burner sim, burner email addresses and store it outside the place you live. 
I use a bank that has cheap storage boxes and I store mine, spare punting cash, and smart credit card(that can be disabled when not in use) there when I need to. I invariably set the phone to wipe after 5 failed logins and during bruteforce send me a picture of the person and location attempting it.
If the phone has the feature, a duress code can be helpful

Offline sub_marine

A dual sim phone nearly always leaks meta data. 
Some apps are like viruses, they go deep into your phone and start connecting dots you don't want connected.  LinkedIn is very bad, probably a few others as well.  Even my civvy phone I install minimal apps to get me by and have updates all set to manual
I invariably set the phone to wipe after 5 failed logins and during bruteforce send me a picture of the person and location attempting it.
If the phone has the feature, a duress code can be helpful
  Can you elaborate on this, did you install an app to give you this functionality, and how does the duress code work, does it bring up a clean phone, or instantly wipe it?

Offline Crackpot11

I use a separate pay as you go Sim and just pop it in on the day for any texts, works easily enough. Just delete texts/ calls after. I wouldn’t bother with What’s app as far too risky to get chats confused. Do any browsing in private mode. New phones probably will make it harder but I’m a long way off getting an iphone 10 or whatever.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 07:33:03 am by Crackpot11 »

Offline advent2016

Duress feature.
I think it has to be baked into the phone OS.  I've an older smartphone that can set up two pins. first one opens phones as usual. Duress one appears to open phone normally but in the background sends an sms message and then starts shredding any personal data and after a time performs an reset and erase. You can do something similar with Macrodroid on android phones with a gesture invoking an action after unlock, but may require root (or adb hack) to get full functionality.

Best not to require it, apply KISS model.
2nd phone, arbitrary info that never every enters my residence has two profiles basic one looks normal usual apps, 2nd one has punting profile.

A punting buddy has a 2nd phone hidden in the trunk of his car that he says if asked an SOS phone

Offline dadio

I use Whatsapp for Business on my iPhone. I used the number from a dumb PAYG phone to register therefore allowing 2 separate Whatsapp accounts.
On the punting number, I don't store any numbers on the phone so less chance of mistakenly messaging the wrong person. Plus during the initial setup, when asked for access to contacts, I declined this.

I'll always start my message to a new girl with her name in the initial message. That way there's a good chance of remembering who it is if you scroll to the top of the message. Plus, quite a few will have profile picture set, so allows you to see who you're messaging.
Just be sure to turn off notifications and sounds in the settings of the Whatsapp for Business account. That way no prying eyes can see messages when you receive them.

Offline dadio

I installed WA business on my phone. It will not work without access to my contacts list. I need to give it a second contact list. Somehow.

You can't just type in a number from aw and message it. I don't want to mix aw contacts into my real life address book. Any thoughts?

Click on the compose icon in the top right hand corner of the conversation list. There's no need to save a number to your handset. Just type the number in and if the recipient is on Whatsapp, you'll be able to message as normal. (Not sure if this works on Android, but definitely works on iPhone's)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 02:08:56 pm by dadio »

Offline mj

Absolutely agree. Having both on one device is just asking for trouble.

As for hiding a second phone, I was able to pick up an identical 2nd handset used on eBay so for the last couple of years - as long as they weren't both found together - you couldn't tell it wasn't my main phone. And I could always just say it was a work phone anyway - it wouldn't be the biggest lie I was telling.

Offline wukkas

Advent2016 mentioned this above but if you have an android. Secure folder is probably the best option.  You cannot use it to text as its not a dual sim but you can manage contacts and WhatsApp quite easily.

I have my secure folder hidden inside three different folders so unlikely anyone will see it unless looking into it. I have contacts, WhatsApp, Chrome and gallery in it and all of that stays in the secure folder and cannot be accessed outside. I have notifications off etc.so never have to worry about two phones or someone using my phone and suddenly a random WA message pops up/see a picture someone has sent.

Id be really interested to know if anyone has spotted any weaknesses with secure folder and what they are.

Offline advent2016

There were 3 discovered weaknesses, but patched fairly quickly

External Link/Members Only

I think I'd assume that actors like NSA, GCHQ ,PRC(MSS) and probably organised crime will be able if they want read anything on your phone at any time if the data is valuable.

Offline what-a man

Advent2016 mentioned this above but if you have an android. Secure folder is probably the best option.  You cannot use it to text as its not a dual sim but you can manage contacts and WhatsApp quite easily.

I have my secure folder hidden inside three different folders so unlikely anyone will see it unless looking into it. I have contacts, WhatsApp, Chrome and gallery in it and all of that stays in the secure folder and cannot be accessed outside. I have notifications off etc.so never have to worry about two phones or someone using my phone and suddenly a random WA message pops up/see a picture someone has sent.

Id be really interested to know if anyone has spotted any weaknesses with secure folder and what they are.

My problem with the the instance of whatsapp in the secure folder is if you receive a whatsapp call from the secure folder, it shows up on your screen. I need to find a way stop receiving whatsapp calls from the secure folder.

My 2 cents for what it's worth... I used to use my dual sim phone for punting and personal until I accidentally responded to my SO with the wrong sim!,  :dash: :dash: :dash:

Luckily I managed to blag my way out of it, but from then on it was always a separate punting phone that's hidden in my drawer at work.

Offline Knny

My 2 cents for what it's worth... I used to use my dual sim phone for punting and personal until I accidentally responded to my SO with the wrong sim!,  :dash: :dash: :dash:

Bloody hell.  Did you get a booking?

Online magnetico

Dual SIM is all good until you're showing a pic to your mates,
and get a text at the same time
<< Hi luv, want to get sucked off again for £50? Got a slot at 5pm>>

Offline AnthG

Nobody seems to have said this but it's worth noting there are two very different types of Dual Sim phones.

DSDS - dual-sim-dual-standby
DSDA - dual-sim-dual-active

The difference is DSDA both sims will be active at the same time and both can receive calls and texts. These will cost a lot more.
On the flipside DSDS phones, only one sim is active at any time. The other is in the background disabled in standby unable to receive calls or texts. Anyone who phones it will ring through as the phone is turned off and not get through to you at all. - That may not be the case of every DSDS phone if they have good software to manage this.

I have a DSDS Motorolla phone and its good because you can just switch to your punting sim when you want to punt and know they can never phone you outside of this as its switched to the main sim.
Banned reason: To much drama, account closed
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline GingerNuts

Nobody seems to have said this but it's worth noting there are two very different types of Dual Sim phones.

The difference is DSDA both sims will be active at the same time and both can receive calls and texts. These will cost a lot more.
On the flipside DSDS phones, only one sim is active at any time. The other is in the background disabled in standby unable to receive calls or texts. Anyone who phones it will ring through as the phone is turned off and not get through to you at all. - That may not be the case of every DSDS phone if they have good software to manage this.

I have a DSDS Motorolla phone and its good because you can just switch to your punting sim when you want to punt and know they can never phone you outside of this as its switched to the main sim.

Also DSS, Dual Standby SIM. One card is turned off while the other is turned on so you have to switch back and forth manually to receive messages and make calls.

Offline waynekerr600

It's because the phone only has one 'radio' so only one sim can be active at any one time.

Other thing to be aware with dual SIM phone is that the non data SIM reverts to 2G. This is a problem if you have a 'three' SIM as they don't have a 2G network.

For those wishing to be inconspicuous to the OH a dual SIM phone has two signal strength meters and the dialer and messaging interface usually has some sort of toggle to select the SIM- so you might still have to explain why you have two numbers.

Offline Home Alone

One or two of the posts before the above - and virtually all from Reply #22 onwards - only serve to reinforce what I put in the quote.

I guess I'm just lucky in that, partly because I'm such a rotten liar, I no longer have an OH, from whom to hide my punting phone! ;)

Offline tynetunnel

One or two of the posts before the above - and virtually all from Reply #22 onwards - only serve to reinforce what I put in the quote.

I guess I'm just lucky in that, partly because I'm such a rotten liar, I no longer have an OH, from whom to hide my punting phone! ;)

If you need any help granddad... the offer of tech help still stands!  :hi: :lol:

Offline Home Alone

Very kind, tt; but as I don't have an OH to fear  sorry, worry about any more, I'll pass, thanks! :) :D

Offline sunnyj

My phone is needing upgraded, was thinking on a dual sim phone.  So would have a my contract sim for personal and a pay as you go for punting, will this work ok?

Asking for a friend!  ;)
Yes, it's working fine for me for the past 6 years.  :hi:
I am using dual sim phone and these are the rules that I follow (most important ones at that top)
Switch on the punting sim only when you want to punt. Once meeting is done, switch it off.
Don't store WG's number in the phone contact.
Don't install any social media apps. If you do then don't link your personal phone number with any social media account especially Facebook.
If you want to use WhatsApp to contact WGs then use dual messenger/twin apps etc., Don't use your personal WhatsApp account.
Select punting SIM that works in 2G network. So that you can use the data from personal sim and not on punting sim. Not sure if this is still applicable in the latest smartphones.
Keep a sound profile which only vibrates when text is sent to punting sim. So that when my phone vibrates in my pocket, I know the comms is from WG and not from any other apps.

Offline Buttons

There’s another advantage of having a completely separate phone. You can leave your real phone lying around and even let your other half (if you have one) know the unlock pin. Which is essentially saying the same as “I trust you with access to my phone, I have nothing to hide”.

This strategy also helps if you occasionally say “Don’t look at my emails, I ordered you a little surprise something from Amazon etc, and I don’t want you seeing the confirmation and spoiling the surprise”.  :thumbsup:

Other advantage is, and speaking as someone who had a serious medical emergency last year, very nearly a lights out not getting better situation, the other half having access to your phone and apps etc has major advantage.

Offline char45

This is a good point, I have a cheap dual SIM phone for work, it works fine for me as i only have short calls but if i was on long conference calls it would be less usable.

I would never use a dual SIM for punting for all the reasons stated

Offline Stealthmode

A few years back when I was in a relationship, I bought the exact iphone for my punting phone as my work phone. My ex would never touch my work phone and the added bonus was it was always on silent as it would ring constantly throughout the day. So if i slipped up and she saw the phone, it wouldn’t arouse suspicion.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 07:47:02 pm by Stealthmode »

Offline what-a man

A few years back when I was in a relationship, I bought the exact iphone for my punting phone as my work phone. My ex would never touch my work phone and the added bonus was it was always on silent as it would ring constantly throughout the day. So if i slipped up and she saw the phone, it wouldn’t arouse suspicion.
It’s something that I am thinking of doing as I have an iPhone 7 as my work phone, so I will be buying an iPhone 8 as my punting phone as they are similar

Offline Stealthmode

It’s something that I am thinking of doing as I have an iPhone 7 as my work phone, so I will be buying an iPhone 8 as my punting phone as they are similar

I would just get an identical iphone 7, if i were you.  Mitigate the risk

Offline RayGuy

Virtual number through Vyke is another option. External Link/Members Only

Offline Redpunter

Hauwei phones have both a dual sim and a separate folder called private space which is only known to the owner and on examination of the phone doesn’t exist. So you don’t have to worry about the OH only the Chinese Govt who might be able to supply a list of Asian WGs.