Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Cheap punting smartphone?  (Read 2209 times)

Offline G.Raff

I use an old Nokia as a punting phone, but it seems to attract a lot of attention as they are so rare nowadays.

So i'm looking at smartphones, also because I want to have the capability to use Whatsapp.

Any recommendations?

Online NW_Guy

Nokia Lumia 520 or similar is cheap as chips on ebay.  Runs whatsapp and email without any bother.

NWG

Offline TPreston

Nokia Lumia 520 or similar is cheap as chips on ebay.  Runs whatsapp and email without any bother.

NWG

They're good sturdy phones too. You can buy spare batteries for them as well, if charging is an issue (often I'll be out all day and phone can be active, so 2 spare batteries come in handy)

Offline dieseldriver

Alcatel Pixie 4 in Tesco. About £25 on tesco network. Whatsapp, Hangouts, Messenger, all the stuff you will ever need for an android punting phone.

Offline BlueRock

Second hand moto G. Good size and cheap. The 520 is like all Nokia's strong but its tiny and a bit crap. The 620 is better if you want a Nokia.

Offline happyend

Had Alcatel Payg for a year more two, about £20.
Does the job, can use data for WhatsApp, maps etc. if required.

Set up a new email on the phone, not used social media on it no links whatsoever to anything else...

lordlarry

Samsung Galaxy.  £15 from 02, big touchscreen and easy to use.

Offline Stiltskin

What sort of data plan do you run on these payg phones? Can you just top up data like you did with non smartphones?

Offline nigel4498

Tesco do a cheap Andriod smart phone called Lenovo.
£49 with £10 top up included.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 10:28:43 am by nigel4498 »

coa999

just get a dual sim. though i bought a reasonable phone from vodafone about a month ago, £55, works well enough.

coa999

What sort of data plan do you run on these payg phones? Can you just top up data like you did with non smartphones?
the data comes from the top-up.

Offline TPreston

You get data plan though the top up. Of you can tether your main phone as a hot spot once the monthly allowance has been used up.

Offline punterstanding

3 is good as there isn't a set amount of minutes or data. You top up say £10 and you just pay for what you use. It works out a lot cheaper than the other networks as long as you keep the usage reasonable. The coverage is also pretty good.

Like BlueRock, I also use a Moto G as a punting phone - it's just the job

I keep all the accounts completely separate from my own (real name) ones on my main phone

Offline MrMatrix

I use an old Nokia as a punting phone, but it seems to attract a lot of attention as they are so rare nowadays.

So i'm looking at smartphones, also because I want to have the capability to use Whatsapp.

Any recommendations?
Certainly does OP, it been commented on twice in my case this year. However I will stay with my Nokia :hi:

Offline Matrix

vt

just get a dual sim. though i bought a reasonable phone from vodafone about a month ago, £55, works well enough.

Does the dual SIM mean you have 2 different numbers on the same phone? Could you use one for punting and switch it off when not in use and use the phone for normal stuff...or will the punting stuff bleed across?

I still have an old Nokia PAYG, tiny, tough and battery lasts for days, but I can't do AW emails or Whatsapp etc.

Another question...how do you prevent apps from picking up real-life details off other accounts you may be running??

Offline george r

Does the dual SIM mean you have 2 different numbers on the same phone? Could you use one for punting and switch it off when not in use and use the phone for normal stuff...or will the punting stuff bleed across?

I still have an old Nokia PAYG, tiny, tough and battery lasts for days, but I can't do AW emails or Whatsapp etc.

Another question...how do you prevent apps from picking up real-life details off other accounts you may be running??

yes two different numbers, even two different networks if you want ? all kept separate from each other, its two phones in one really..tons for sale on amazon ..

Offline MrMatrix

I recently met a WG and she said she had a blacklist of numbers on her phone. I asked do you also have pictures and she said I do of many and then showed me, there were dozens of names many with pictures and she said watsapp is so useful. Quite probably the biggest reason to keep my Nokia.  :hi:

Offline punterstanding

Simple - either don't have a picture or if you do, make sure it's not one of you! I needed to have something for SA so just had a comic TV character that is a talking point

Offline Buttons

Use an unregistered PAYG sim, credit voucher bought with cash. Need a new number, chuck old sim, buy new. This is first page of the punting manual stuff  :thumbsup:

Offline JimmySW

Alcatel Pixie 4 in Tesco. About £25 on tesco network. Whatsapp, Hangouts, Messenger, all the stuff you will ever need for an android punting phone.

I use one of those, frustratingly slow but works just fine and holds a charge well.