Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Bangkok Yes Phuket Terrible  (Read 3725 times)

Offline CallumTT

I had a trip to Thailand recently and wanted to share. BKK on the whole was good and largely as expected.  Although the girls in one agogo in Soi Cowboy looked surprised when I asked how much a bar fine was.  I pushed it, and in the end I got my answer "we can't be bar-fined".  I've met the odd gogo girl who won't be bar-fined but haven't before seen such a blanket policy.  Some of the soi cowboy gogo girls are also asking for a coke and an alcohol lady drink at the same time and so your bill is immediately for two lady drinks.  Adds up, but not as bad as Phuket. 

This was much busier than the last time I visited.  Everything reflected that from hotels to girls.  It was really expensive.  2000 baht for bar fine in most gogos.  But worse, even if you agree to that, they hit you with a surprise minimum lady drinks policy before you take the girl back to hotel. 

In one gogo, this was 5 drinks, and I'd already bought 2.  So they wanted another 750 baht on top of their 2000 baht bar fine and girl's payment.  Changing the deal at the last moment after you've asked to bar fine the girl and got that cost straight, really annoyed me.  I passed on the girl.

The next night at another gogo, I tried asking some bar tenders what the bar fine deal was and they didn't let on any extra charge.  I patiently waited for a hot dancer who was just my type, bought her some drinks, and started negotiating. 

5k she said.  Well 2k bar and 3k girl is a stretch but tolerable.  No, she said, 5k for her, 2k for the bar.  That was too much.  But we agreed on 4k for her.  When I get the bill though, there's was a whack more - they have a TEN lady drink minimum, so they wanted another 7x 250 for no drinks.  All in all, this was just too much even with a hot girl.  I think even the girl understood that.  So I passed. 

All in all it was so busy it was hard to get a moment with a hot girl, there are so many guys.  Having double the bar fine to BKK is one thing, but sneaking in an extra secret charge like this after you've decided on the apparent cost, is bad form.  I suspect all the Phukets gogos are doing this now. 

So Phuket is no longer a go-to punting destination for me

Offline southcoastpunter

Thanks for the info- was this Phuket town itself or patong?

Offline southcoastpunter

wow.

i would have said that Patong was more expensive than Pattaya but about on a par with Bangkok - based on my experience there last year at this time (and again in April). sounds like it has changed a fair bit. Going to be there again in about 3 weeks but this time with my SB from Seeking so won't be experiencing so much of that side of what Patong has to offer.

Offline asianfan

Thank you for this. I was wondering whether to go to Phuket. Sounds like the answer is "No".

Offline southcoastpunter

Thank you for this. I was wondering whether to go to Phuket. Sounds like the answer is "No".

i wouldn't go so far to say that myself. Patong has a great vibe and a great beach and Phuket as a whole has a lot to offer in the sightseeing / tourist line too. But if you are going JUST for the punting then somewhere like Bangkok or Pattaya is better. I am heading out that way next week and doing all three locations!

Offline METEOR

I've just got back from Thailand after 6 weeks.
So so busy! Especially Patong.
Soi Cowboy and nana were busy but I've seen more.
Everything a lot more expensive than last year but I spent a month in Chiang mai which is still pretty cheap.

Offline bright0nbreezy

This report is why I joined Thai Friendly to find freelancers.  Why go to all that hassle when you can get it delivered by Grab taxi?

Offline bright0nbreezy

Going to be there again in about 3 weeks but this time with my SB from Seeking so won't be experiencing so much of that side of what Patong has to offer.

You got a Thai SB on seeking? 

Offline southcoastpunter

You got a Thai SB on seeking?

no, she is local to me here in the Uk - i am flying her out!. As she is only with me for part of the time i am there, I have been looking on Seeking for ladies in the Bangkok and Pattaya areas - there are some in Bangkok but only a few in Pattaya that meet my criteria. However especially in Bangkok, although there are some Thai and other Asian nationalities there on Seeking, there are more European and Russian ladies and from the enqiiries I made, they seem to be asking for UK rates. So i am staying with Freelancers off ThaiFriendly

Offline bright0nbreezy

no, she is local to me here in the Uk - i am flying her out!

You are a generous Daddy!

I went to Thailand with my ex for a holiday and a friend of mine said, "isn't that like taking a packed lunch to a buffet?"   :D

Offline clivethomas

Phuket has changed a lot. I last went in 2022 just after things reopened. Despite low tourist numbers the scene was very different. Loads of utter nonsense on TF where girls wanted you to meet them in clubs first and so on.  Either quoting daft money or wanting to meet first.

2018 I was there and it was 1000 baht as standard for all girls off Thai friendly and Tinder. The game has really changed quickly
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 07:01:14 pm by clivethomas »

Offline METEOR

Phuket has changed a lot. I last went in 2022 just after things reopened. Despite low tourist numbers the scene was very different. Loads of utter nonsense on TF where girls wanted you to meet them in clubs first and so on.  Either quoting daft money or wanting to meet first.

2018 I was there and it was 1000 baht as standard for all girls off Thai friendly and Tinder. The game has really changed quickly
I've found it the same. Was there 2019, again 2022 and then last month.
Totally different scene, maybe due to all the Arabs and Chinese is guess paying big money. The Arabs will take them to clubs, buy bottles and whatever. Looks good for the girls social media.
I spent a month in Chiang mai recently. Although there's not much of a girly scene I found it good. There's lots of uni girls and more professionals looking for a bit of extra cash and money. With those I don't mind taking out as usually speak good English and can have a good conversation.

Offline CallumTT

I wondered if it's an influx of Russians too driving the prices up.  Or maybe still working through "pent up demand" post covid.  It's one thing being more expensive than before, it's another throwing in hidden charges after you've said you want to bar fine a girl. 

I might try Chang Mai...

Offline southcoastpunter

lets not go down the "its not as good as it used to be" route - nowhere is but it doesn't matter. it is what it is and we have to live in the "now". it also surely depends on why you are going to thailand and to Patong/Phuket. if its just for punting then bangkok and pattaya are better. Phuket and Patong have other non punting offerings too!

You are a generous Daddy!

I went to Thailand with my ex for a holiday and a friend of mine said, "isn't that like taking a packed lunch to a buffet?"   :D

I have half of my time in Thailand on my own and will "punt" during this time and she know that. but we get on together very well and i really enjoy her company - and she is an attractive and sexy young lady and a good fuck so why not!!

Offline METEOR

I wondered if it's an influx of Russians too driving the prices up.  Or maybe still working through "pent up demand" post covid.  It's one thing being more expensive than before, it's another throwing in hidden charges after you've said you want to bar fine a girl. 

I might try Chang Mai...
Oh yeah definitely Russians driving up the prices of accommodation.
I don't purely go to Thailand for the women. I spent a month in Chiang mai for cycling. I do like a good week or so chilling on a beach also.

Offline CallumTT

Phuket definitely has some non-punting appeal.  So if you want to go sightseeing in whatever form, then it can make sense. It's still way more expensive than before with hotels that cost £30 a night about 2.5 years ago now at £120+ a night. 

BKK also has sights to see at lower hotel and punting costs, though more city sights than island of course. So far as I'm aware, there is nothing much else in Pattaya other than punting. 

If punting is your priority, based on my experience, Phuket is off the short list.

Offline bright0nbreezy

Hua Hin is a hidden gem imo.  Literally opposite Pattaya on the other side of the water.  Easily accessible from BKK, beautiful beach, not so crowded and not so jaded.  It has the usual offerings, but much cheaper than BKK or Pattaya.  I've found numerous gorgeous freelancers on Thai Friendly all at 1500 for short-time.

Offline METEOR

Hua Hin is a hidden gem imo.  Literally opposite Pattaya on the other side of the water.  Easily accessible from BKK, beautiful beach, not so crowded and not so jaded.  It has the usual offerings, but much cheaper than BKK or Pattaya.  I've found numerous gorgeous freelancers on Thai Friendly all at 1500 for short-time.
I spent a few nights there in late 2022. There's also a few girlie bars around. My next trip I may spend a week or so there to get to know it better.

Offline Snagbadjer

Forgive me ignorance, I'm not well-travelled. How does the whole bar-girl thing work in Thailand? I always thought you just sat at a bar, paid a nominal fee to the bar but then just negotiated the fee with the individual girl? The whole five-seven-ten drinks thing has confused me?

Offline Swapmeister

Girl sits with you. You buy her a drink. The fee is built into the price of the drink.

If you want her to leave with her then you pay a bar fine to Management and a fee to the girl.

Some girls are there to get you to buy drinks only.

Some girls get you to buy several drinks before they will leave with you.

Practice and prices varies.

That's it in a nutshell

Online Cambridgy

Girl sits with you. You buy her a drink. The fee is built into the price of the drink.

If you want her to leave with her then you pay a bar fine to Management and a fee to the girl.

That's it in a nutshell

If you imagine being in a lap-dancing bar - it’s paying for drinks rather than paying for dances…
You can eliminate the bar fine if you manage to get to closing time - but that’s usually either 2am or 3am depending on the bar.

Offline Snagbadjer

Thanks, mate. So you pay two fees: one added into the drinks and another one when you leave with them? If the fee was reasonable I suppose I'd pay it. But a lot of guys said they get ripped off. Is there a way of just buying them a drink and not bothering with the other fee?

That's it in a nutshell

Offline CallumTT

Forgive me ignorance, I'm not well-travelled. How does the whole bar-girl thing work in Thailand? I always thought you just sat at a bar, paid a nominal fee to the bar but then just negotiated the fee with the individual girl? The whole five-seven-ten drinks thing has confused me?

To sit with a girl you buy her lady drinks which are at least twice the price of a normal drink.  She gets a cut. 

Only if you want to take her back do you pay a "bar fine" to the bar, and obviously a fee to her. 

The 5 or 10 lady drink minimum in Phuket is a new add-on charge to me that the bars in Phuket dropped on me as I was asking to pay the bar fine. 

Offline thekman100

As an indian looking guy I'll never do go go bars again.

By looks alone I was being avoided as 'true' indians have issues with hygiene and paying! I couldn't understand why I was striking out until I started talking to a ladyboy host who put it down to that.

The white english guys were being swarmed over like bees on honey.

I ended up punting through either an agency or tinder, I can't remember now. It was alright. Not a patch on the quality of Morocco (which has it's own pitfalls) but is an awful lot closer.

BKK I was bored with after a couple of days. I am not sure I would bother with Thailand again.

Offline glg2012

I think a little perspective is required. The review appears to be centred around Gogo girls who tend to have a higher bar fine and rate than normal bar girls. The big takeaway is the additional spank up on lady drinks (great to know), which I get from a Gogo bar but would be surprised if that's happening in the normal bars. I'm sure there's still plenty of value to be found in Patong away from the Gogos. You're lucky to be standing in a Gogo for 10 seconds before a drink is forced onto you and the ladies attack for their drinks. I wouldn't write Phuket off based on a review of Gogo bars unless the same is happening in the hundreds of other bars and massage shops

Offline Jeffers77

I echo the comments about Phuket and prices - the Gogo girls prices are insane, and the number of decent freelancers available relative to Bangkok and Pattaya is very low. That being said I didnt hit the nightclubs, there may be better there.

Offline Snagbadjer

To sit with a girl you buy her lady drinks which are at least twice the price of a normal drink.  She gets a cut. 

Only if you want to take her back do you pay a "bar fine" to the bar, and obviously a fee to her. 

The 5 or 10 lady drink minimum in Phuket is a new add-on charge to me that the bars in Phuket dropped on me as I was asking to pay the bar fine. 

Thanks for explaining that. Too many hoops for me. Not jumping through all them. I'd just use an agency instead or pick one up the old fashioned way.

Offline 69shadesofblue

Also depends on how attractive you are as well.

I was in Thailand in 2019 and some girls told me they quote higher prices to put the guy off because they simply don't find you attractive.

Offline METEOR

Also depends on how attractive you are as well.

I was in Thailand in 2019 and some girls told me they quote higher prices to put the guy off because they simply don't find you attractive.
That definitely happens. I was in a bar and could hear a conversation between girl and punter. She was asking him for 4000bht short time. Half hour later I was taking her all night for 1500bht, my mate took her friend for the same price.

Offline Treskilion

There are not so many Russians in Pattaya especially as there once were. However there are many more Chinese and Koreans, most of whom have a lot of money to spend and this has driven prices up, especially in the higher end hotels, restaurants, gogos and other nightspots.
It is true that many Thai women do not like Indians, often because of personal hygiene and attitude.
Phuket has always been more expensive than Pattaya.

Offline southcoastpunter

I am in Phuket and agree that prices have increased over last year - but also has the expectation to haggle so they set the prices very high to start with- even in shops! If something is priced at 300 and you offer 200 it’s normally accepted just like that ( and you think I should have offered 150!!!)
But I still think there is reasonable value around to be had and particularly if you remember the price we would pay at home!!