Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Re-Reviewing  (Read 897 times)

Offline The High Sparrow

I feel like my first couple of review on this forum were a little bit too, shall we say, generous in the light of much better services experienced since then. Has anyoe had the wish to re write some review? Your thoughts on that gents
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 09:51:37 am by Chicken Commando »

Offline smiths

I feel like my first couple of review on this forum were a little bit too, shall we say, generous in the light of much better services experienced since then. Has anyoe had the wish to re write some review? Your thoughts on that gents

Is a punter able to re-write a review after its been up for a while. I know its allowed to ask admin to change a review from positive to negative shortly after it gets posted up, but no idea if this extends to also being able to re-write it later on.

Anyway as i see it a review is a moment in time, either a good service was offered at that time or not. Subsequent punts with other WGs that are better wouldnt change that moment in time, they might though influence if i punted with the WG again. On here you can add to your own review and others on the same WG of course so its possible to reflect your new thinking if you so wish.

Plus a new negative review can be done if the WGs service went downhill on a subsequent punt with them. Incredibly this wasnt the case on Pnet as i found out when i wanted to do a negative review on GP Parties to reflect how bad they had become, i had done a positive review on them and was told another review EVER on them was superflous, patently wrong and absurd letting a bad provider as they had become in my experience off the hook review wise.

Offline akauya

I try to write my reviews a good time after the deed happened. That way I avoid writing crap during my post punt dizziness. It also gives me time to reflect whether the punt was a bordering positive or bang on neutral when not entirely sure. I'm always certain about negative punts though.

Offline wristjob

I think all my reviews here from the start have been pretty consistent but I've been punting a while. I think if I'd reviewed girls I saw 3-4 years ago at the time I would certainly see things differently now. The bar has moved quite a lot, I expect more now and I guess that's what Chicken's angle is.

Anyway as i see it a review is a moment in time, either a good service was offered at that time or not. Subsequent punts with other WGs that are better wouldnt change that moment in time, they might though influence if i punted with the WG again. On here you can add to your own review and others on the same WG of course so its possible to reflect your new thinking if you so wish.

This is how I see it. You can't go back in time and alter how you felt during/after the punt. The important thing is putting some degree of detail into the services, attitude etc at the time of the review. I do think it's valid to go back and add extra comments saying you've subsequently experienced better so might not see it as special now and that should be enough for any potential punter to decide.

potato

UKP is a great tool for learning about other peoples experiences including all the bad practices that go on - time wasting, services not as advertised etc.,

Its probably possible to reflect back on lots of previous encounters and then realise, for instance, that the girl that you thought was being very friendly and chatty was actually just wasting your fun time, as an example.  The more experiences that you have and the more you read UKP,  then the more you learn to recognise all sorts of things.

I think to modify a review from a little while back would be wrong as that it what you genuinely thought at the time. Yes, writing reviews immediately after an encounter whilst still on high is probably not a good idea as others have said.

There is no harm in posting an addendum to your original review on the same thread on the lines of "thinking back guys ...etc.,"

I take all reviews no matter where they are as being subjective anyway. I am more interested in the basics - are the services, pictures accurate etc.,

Gigabyte

There is no harm in posting an addendum to your original review on the same thread on the lines of "thinking back guys ...etc.,"
+1
You can always add a comment at the end of the thread stating what you would rewrite now that you have had a chance to compare with other punts or even if you wish you could change the recommendation.

vorian

+1
You can always add a comment at the end of the thread stating what you would rewrite now that you have had a chance to compare with other punts or even if you wish you could change the recommendation.

Totally agree, one of the great things about UKP reviews is the open ended format, just stick a note on the end with any amendments you wish to make.