Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: How much of your earnings do you put towards punting?  (Read 2559 times)

Offline Home Alone

yes any individual can quantify the amount they spend on punting as a percentage of their income - its a relatively simple equation. The issue that i personally disagree with is the one that spending over X percent is "spending over your means" or is being "irresponsible". It varies per individual and can involve a number of factors!

i probably spend at least 50% of my income on punting, massage and particularly on SA activities. But I am well aware of that fact, and have both a "savings pot" more or less put aside for "fun" and a view that we don't know how long we have left on this earth or how long our mobility will be good so "make hay whilst the sun shines". I have worked out how long i can maintain this level of spending and plan to have as much fun as i can in this time.

Well, the headline to my spending is, "Less than I used to." But that says more about the choice currently available as anything else.

I, too, have a rough amount in my monthly 'punting budget' in my head, but it isn't as large a proportion of my pensions as yours appears to be, southcoastpunter. Because my philosophy is very similar to yours - as spelled out in your final paragraph - I reckon I presently spend about 20-25% of my income on punting.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 07:02:54 pm by Home Alone »

Offline Skeleton

Why not? Unless your income constantly fluctuates and expenses do aswell then it will be harder. However, I would say a lot individuals expenses are mostly fixed. Salary earners incomes are mostly fixed, allocate each expense by how much is spent and you can work out the % of how much it will cost you in relation to your income. Calculate your disposable income as a % of your income after expenses, check the trend of how much you spend on punting in general and work out the % of your disposable income. You can then mess around with different spend amounts and see how the % increase or decrease in spending will affect your % of disposable income and make a judgement of how you think it would impact your quality of life. If you have savings and something happens that you do not want to work or cannot work for income, you can work out your burn rate before you hit zero. It's only if you are truly addicted and cannot control the spending I reckon it cannot be quantified, because the individual cannot control impulsive spending. As long as numbers are involved, I think it can be quantified mostly.

Thanks for the maths lesson on percentages and budgeting. I meant there is no single percentage you can attribute across the board, it’s dependent on individual circumstances as many have said.

Online southcoastpunter

AW feedback is worth FA !

somewhat off topic but i disagree with you. You sometimes can get some useful information from AW feedback. such as a newish lady with say 5 positives in the last month all from guys with no or little feeback themselves - tells you its almost def fake and she is likely controlled by a pimp. also you can get to "know" your local punters and build up a picture of what they like and whether you like the same etc (maybe more difficult in london and other large cities but certainly possible in provisional towns etc. You can get other info too if you know what to look for.

so it can have its uses and a value! Agreed not so much as here.

Online alabama1

somewhat off topic but i disagree with you. You sometimes can get some useful information from AW feedback. such as a newish lady with say 5 positives in the last month all from guys with no or little feeback themselves - tells you its almost def fake and she is likely controlled by a pimp. also you can get to "know" your local punters and build up a picture of what they like and whether you like the same etc (maybe more difficult in london and other large cities but certainly possible in provisional towns etc. You can get other info too if you know what to look for.

so it can have its uses and a value! Agreed not so much as here.

AW feedback can also work against the wg's too. I have been told by more than one girl that some of the punters that they see with lots of great fb on AW are totally the opposite to what they were expecting.  Makes you wonder if some punters pressure wg's to give them good fb.

Online Moby Dick

AW feedback can also work against the wg's too. I have been told by more than one girl that some of the punters that they see with lots of great fb on AW are totally the opposite to what they were expecting.  Makes you wonder if some punters pressure wg's to give them good fb.
Or just inflating their egos to get repeat bookings.

Offline JPin

Managed to get a few grand put away during the "year off" that was 2020, no outgoings on holidays, no raving, no eating out and whatever else we did in the 'Before Times'. I've also seen my career flourish and come out of a relationship, plus punting is a new buzz for me, so I'm being a teeny bit reckless at the moment and spending more than I probably should be.

My outgoings are roughly £2,500 per month and I'm earning about a grand more than that. I save a chunk of that grand and the rest goes on punting. Though, I must admit, I have a milestone birthday coming very soon and plan to go over my usual "budget" and 'ave it large, as I deserve to have a special treat (or two, or three) after a savage year in my personal life.

Like others have said, you don't know when your time is up and, as much as I'm aware of needing to have something stashed away for a rainy day, I also try to be pretty relaxed with the money I earn. I want to enjoy my life, but I certainly won't squander all my earnings on this newfound hobby.

Offline Marsh Mitch

£200 per month.

Thankfully I never over did anything be it alcohol, smoking , punting, betting etc :music:
Habits are all interconnected I guess,,, it’s the same conditioning of the mind that does it.

Offline itk

I usually at the end of each month take £100-£150 out from my main account and stash it somewhere indoors. Been a fairly quiet few months so the money has built up that I’m now sitting on almost £800 from the beginning of the year, be a while before I spend all that judging on what’s on offer around me.
Apart from two new girls it’s been regulars the past 18 months, both of which are cheap punts.

Offline itk

Like others have said, you don't know when your time is up and, as much as I'm aware of needing to have something stashed away for a rainy day, I also try to be pretty relaxed with the money I earn. I want to enjoy my life, but I certainly won't squander all my earnings on this newfound hobby.

Spot on. Almost three years ago now I was millimetres away from death according to a consultant at the hospital, and from that day on I thought it was pointless saving loads. I still put away a decent amount but I’ve sold a ton of collectibles of various things I’d had for years and spent the cash on a decent car, paid off some mortgage and spent a fair bit on punting that first year. 
As I’ve mentioned here before I’ve had a couple of really good mates for over 25 years now and we’ve all punted, and although one has basically quit punting,  the other punts on average once a week, as he also nearly died in a road accident just over a year ago. 
We both say it’s pointless being rich when you’re six feet under, so enjoy it while you can, plus you’ve always got the memories of these punts.

Offline mattmugwump

I don't have a specific percentage but I do try to save £3 for every £1 used for punting, I also try to spend £2 for every punting pound so her indoors thinks I'm wasting some of my cash on material goods ;)

Offline Geko12

Around 200-300 every 2-3 months, too many hobbies/interests tbh.

Also my punting budget doesn't come out of my main salary, it comes out of my second income/job when I work and from side hustles/bets etc.

Online alabama1

I don't have a specific percentage but I do try to save £3 for every £1 used for punting, I also try to spend £2 for every punting pound so her indoors thinks I'm wasting some of my cash on material goods ;)

25% then  :unknown:

Offline mattmugwump

25% then  :unknown:

Not 25% as the OPs question was "how much of your earnings do you put towards punting"... I just try to save £3 for every £1 punted which isn't the same thing :)

Offline SeekingSteve

Ive been the opposite, £3 punted £1 saved, as long as the wife doesn't find out and she gets what she needs, bills are paid. Who cares :)

Offline stewpid

Based on a couple of hour punts a month that combined don't go over my monthly budget then it works out to be just under 10% of my current take home wage. I'm pretty sensible and manage to also save a fair bit each month too. Sex is fun but gotta pay the mortgage and tough times may be coming...  ;)

Although I should treat myself to a punting blow out once in a while, particularly given the last year!  ;)

Offline lamboman

Based on a couple of hour punts a month that combined don't go over my monthly budget then it works out to be just under 10% of my current take home wage. I'm pretty sensible and manage to also save a fair bit each month too. Sex is fun but gotta pay the mortgage and tough times may be coming...  ;)

Although I should treat myself to a punting blow out once in a while, particularly given the last year!  ;)

10% of take home seems a lot unless it's your main hobby,tough times may well be ahead.
I'm retired and punting costs me 0% of my income as I can't find a decent SP near me at the moment.
Banned reason: Shit stirrer and blocking moderator's PMs
Banned by: daviemac

Online alabama1

10% of take home seems a lot unless it's your main hobby,tough times may well be ahead.
I'm retired and punting costs me 0% of my income as I can't find a decent SP near me at the moment.

That's because they have all blacklisted you  :lol:
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 07:55:40 pm by alabama1 »

Offline stewpid

Really? I thought it was quite sensible  :D

I guess punting is my main hobby as my other interests don't really have a regular or as large cost. I'm a single guy, my mortgage is fairly low and my outgoings usually minimal so 10% for some bedroom fun each month seems reasonable to me. I read about other guys having multiple punts in a week and I wonder how they do that financially. I manage to save around a third of my take home each month on average so I could do more punts and save less (can't take it with you right?) but at the moment it feels like a good balance to me given the shaky nature of the world right now.

Online alabama1

Really? I thought it was quite sensible  :D

I guess punting is my main hobby as my other interests don't really have a regular or as large cost. I'm a single guy, my mortgage is fairly low and my outgoings usually minimal so 10% for some bedroom fun each month seems reasonable to me. I read about other guys having multiple punts in a week and I wonder how they do that financially. I manage to save around a third of my take home each month on average so I could do more punts and save less (can't take it with you right?) but at the moment it feels like a good balance to me given the shaky nature of the world right now.

I agree with you. 10% is quite conservative. Pre covid i was spending 20% of my outgoings.  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 08:02:18 pm by alabama1 »

Online southcoastpunter

Its not sensible for anyone to put a percentage figure down and say that spending over this is not sensible - or its ok to spend up to that percentage.

If you are say behind on your mortgage and /or really struggling to pay essential bills, its not sensible to spend any money on punting! However if you have no mortgate and all your routine bills are less than say 50% of your income, who is to say whether its 10%, 20% or (as in this example) 50%. Its a too big a sweeping statement to say a percentage without knowing all the facts related to an individual.

Offline PassingBi

Ah well, says the bloke with 1 entire review.... this place was "closed" to new entrants for some time. Thats my excuse & I`m sticking too it.

As for my punting it is very random. Mostly caused by working in an environment of women in authority. So now and again I get the desire to think I would like to get dirty with so & so. Not practical at work so it is often a look a like punt and some specific requests.  :)

Then there is the TS thing........... tried it once and it was exceedingly good fun....

Budget.... variable from £100 a month to £250 a punt depending on who, what where & when.

Offline User176

There's no one-size-fits-all answer to "what % of punting spend is irresponsible?". Apart from earnings, one has to consider assets, investments, amount of debt if any, the presence of any dependents, even age.

Ultimately I don't consider punting spend to be more irresponsible than other forms of discretionary spending -- restaurants, alcohol, vacation, golf, sailing. YMMV.

Offline MrT222

Crunched the numbers and worked out it's about 4% this year which was surprising but I suppose we had a state enforced lockdown for the first few months and I did not punt at all last year due to the pandemic.

Despite the one or two bad punts, generally I've found its been worth it. It's been good to have those experiences particularly after essentially a year of forced isolation. As long as it's not interfering with your day-to-day expenses, I don't think it's a problem.