Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Pre paid credit card???  (Read 1022 times)

Offline Desimonic

Noob Question about pre paid credit cards.
Thinking of getting one for travel, hotel books for punting.
Do you have to give full personal details to get one, and can you use a different name on card than your real name?

Which do you recommend?

:drinks:

Offline Desimonic

Ah found some post about them  :thumbsup:

carefree

Pockit MasterCard  :hi:

My pleasure :thumbsup:

Offline AnthG

Do you have to give full personal details to get one, and can you use a different name on card than your real name?

You can use them to a certain amount - I think off the top of my head its £500, and then after this you need to go through a verification process with them.

I have just had a look on Pockets FAQ and this seemed to be what I was talking about on quick view.

What is a Lower Limit Account?
A Lower Limit Account and card looks and works just like a Full Limit Account and card. The key difference is that the amount of money you can pay in/withdraw is restricted to a lower level while paying in using your debit card and taking out an additional card is not permitted. For full details see your Terms & Conditions.

Why have I been issued with a Lower Limit Account?
Lower Limit Accounts are issued to customers whose identity and address were not automatically verified. There are a number of reasons why this could be, such as a recent change of address.

What are the limits on a Lower Limit Account?
Full details of the limits can be found in your Terms & Conditions . The main restrictions compared with a Full Limit Account are:
Maximum payments in a year - £2,000
Maximum single payment amount via Bank Transfer - £400
Maximum daily ATM withdrawal - £50
No payment allowed via Debit Card
No Additional Cards

Can I change from a Lower Limit Account to a Full Limit Account?
It is simple and FREE to upgrade your account and receive the full benefits of the Pockit account. Just log in to your Pockit account online and follow the instructions to provide proof of your identity and address (full details of acceptable documents are listed in your online account). We will do our best to verify your details and if successful your account will be upgraded within 48 hours. You will be able to keep the same card and we will adjust the limits on your account.
Please note that we cannot guarantee your account will be upgraded, and if you haven’t heard within 48 hours, please contact our customer services team.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 08:39:38 am by AnthG »
Banned reason: To much drama, account closed
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline LastManCumings

Try to Pre paid debit card of fixed value. Buy using cash and no need to give your name or address.

Two disadvantages with this -

a) £3.95 fee everytime you buy the card
b) Fixed value and no top-up, so buy, use and throw away. You can't recover any unused money on the card back.

Virtually every credit card will require you to give your real name and proof of identity/address.

Offline dieseldriver

Noob Question about pre paid credit cards.
Thinking of getting one for travel, hotel books for punting.

Which do you recommend?

:drinks:

I wouldn't worry about having to give real name and address. I have two, Virgin prepaid and Cashplus. I got them cos I travel different places with a marching band I play in. I  keep them separate, so if one gets lost/stolen, got the other with money on.
Although they come by post, you can have an online account. Used mine for loads of nooky hotels. Just keep the online login a secret from OH.   :thumbsup:

Offline Desimonic

Sorted Thanks for all the advice guys  :drinks:

Offline dieseldriver

Pockit MasterCard  :hi:

My pleasure :thumbsup:

Still have give name and address when applying for it. Next paragraph copied and pasted from the site:

Lower Limit Cardholder - issued to customers whose identity and address cannot be automatically verified when signing up. There may be a number of reasons for this, such as a recent change of address.

So how do you get this card if not giving your address for it to be delivered to? I would have thought that giving your delivery address automatically verifies it?

Offline G.Raff

Try to Pre paid debit card of fixed value. Buy using cash and no need to give your name or address.

Two disadvantages with this -

a) £3.95 fee everytime you buy the card
b) Fixed value and no top-up, so buy, use and throw away. You can't recover any unused money on the card back.

Virtually every credit card will require you to give your real name and proof of identity/address.

Where do you get these from? Last time I checked at a Tesco I was told they don't sell them anymore.
Also what is the highest value you can get them?

Online george r

Where do you get these from? Last time I checked at a Tesco I was told they don't sell them anymore.
Also what is the highest value you can get them?

in our local Tesco, they are  in the display with all the gift  cards for various shops  such as Next , M&S etc, 

all the bigger Tesco shops have them around here.im sure you can get them in £50 plus the fee which is £3.99 or similar..