Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: 2023-24 Football season  (Read 45505 times)

Offline webpunter

We'll offer £1 for Rashford,  the kitman can do with some help on matchdays  :D

Make sure that Rashford doesnt get wasted so doesnt turn up or crashes his motor on the way to work

Offline mr.bluesky

Hats off to Ipswich possible back to back promotions is no mean feat .All in their hands now
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 11:25:01 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline mr.bluesky

Cov gave it a go this evening  :hi:
Same again next season your lot & mine

You have to give it to Ipswich, very nearly back to back promotions
To be confirmed on Saturday

On the other hand Leeds have a number of players who can play in the Prem / other top leagues in europe
Which is where they will be next season
One of the highest squad values & wage bill, supported by parachute payments
& have blown it 
Useless

Sky Blues look a tired team now, recent cup run and injuries taking its toll on a threadbare squad. Need some major investment to push for promotion next season. Leeds hanging on in there but need to get back to winning ways for the play offs. A trip to Wembley still on the cards for you.
Sky blues like to give teams a head start before we start playing, something they are going to have to cut out next season. :dash:
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 11:30:53 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline Jumping Jack Flash

I think that Rashford is a good player who has been affected by the wider problems at Old Trafford. I think he will do well elsewhere but presumably wages would be an issue for whoever he joins so he needs to be realistic, he’s still only 26 and is richer than Croseus. He needs good advice or a new regime at Old Trafford.

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
I think that Rashford is a good player who has been affected by the wider problems at Old Trafford. I think he will do well elsewhere but presumably wages would be an issue for whoever he joins so he needs to be realistic, he’s still only 26 and is richer than Croseus. He needs good advice or a new regime at Old Trafford.
To be honest I wouldn't want him at Newcastle no matter what his wages were. With 74 we aren't doing too bad on the goalscoring front anyway. Didn't realise we've had 22 different goalscorers this season.

Online timsussex

To be honest I wouldn't want him at Newcastle no matter what his wages were. With 74 we aren't doing too bad on the goalscoring front anyway. Didn't realise we've had 22 different goalscorers this season.

Howe might be able to provide him with the leadership he clearly needs .... but on the other hand he might infect the whole team with his attitude - not worth the risk!

Offline mr.bluesky

There's probably only three clubs in the Premier league could afford him and his wages, Newcastle,  Manchester City and possibly Arsenal,  None of these clubs need him so that just leaves Europe.  With Mbappe likely going to Real Madrid then PSG would seem the likely candidates.  :unknown:
For £100+ million though you could buy two or three decent striker's who put a bit of effort in on the pitch.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2024, 06:27:09 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline chrishornx

There's probably only three clubs in the Premier league could afford him and his wages, Newcastle,  Manchester City and possibly Arsenal,  None of these clubs need him so that just leaves Europe. .

or Saudi..

Offline mr.bluesky

or Saudi..

Very few ( if any) night clubs in Saudi though,  he can't go out and get pissed up

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
There's probably only three clubs in the Premier league could afford him and his wages, Newcastle,  Manchester City and possibly Arsenal,  None of these clubs need him so that just leaves Europe.  With Mbappe likely going to Real Madrid then PSG would seem the likely candidates.  :unknown:
For £100+ million though you could buy two or three decent striker's who put a bit of effort in on the pitch.
Three things wrong with that, due to FFP we can't afford his wages, he has totally the wrong temperament to fit into the Newcastle squad and anyone who thinks he's worth more than double what we pay Isak and Bruno is just  :crazy: and should seek professional help.  :)

Online FiveKnuckles

Conveniently, Gary O’Neil gets a 1 game touchline ban this weekend against '115 FC '  :unknown: :lol:

Praying for a draw 🙏🏻

Offline webpunter

Three things wrong with that, due to FFP we can't afford his wages, he has totally the wrong temperament to fit into the Newcastle squad and anyone who thinks he's worth more than double what we pay Isak and Bruno is just  :crazy: and should seek professional help.  :)

Abso-fcuking-lutely +1

The saudis have indicated that the days of extravagant transfer fees are finished
Any fees which Wankchester think they might have got will be tumbling

Same for the mousers getting shot of MoSalad
They should have taken the 200mill last summer

As @mr.b references PSG most likely
& a very average domestic league not much competition outside a few of the top clubs
So a doddle week in week out, perfect for a lazy player 

Or Wankchester get shot of ETH
& Rashford miraculously pledges that he wants to stay
Nothing to do with him & his agent realising that no other club will pay anywhere near what he's on now + a whopping transfer fee  :rolleyes:

With Rashford I can see another annual summer saga along the lines of Pogba wanting to leave then staying, not that this has got him very far  :lol:
I wonder how Pogba's charridy bollox is progressing now that he has a rather empty diary ?

Offline SonofAJohn

• Temp ban until
    23/05/24 @ 19:14
  • Reviews: 18
Cov gave it a go this evening  :hi:
Same again next season your lot & mine

You have to give it to Ipswich, very nearly back to back promotions
To be confirmed on Saturday

On the other hand Leeds have a number of players who can play in the Prem / other top leagues in europe
Which is where they will be next season
One of the highest squad values & wage bill, supported by parachute payments
& have blown it 
Useless
Haji wright has to be a premier league player next season. He is v good

Offline mr.bluesky

Haji wright has to be a premier league player next season. He is v good

Have to admit I had doubts about him when he first signed ( and Ellis Simms) but he has come good. Better playing as a left winger than out and out striker but has scored 19 goals this season. Just hope he's still with us next season and not poached by a Premier league club during the summer.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2024, 05:43:31 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline SonofAJohn

• Temp ban until
    23/05/24 @ 19:14
  • Reviews: 18
Have to admit I had doubts about him when he first signed ( and Ellis Simms) but he has come good. Better playing as a left winger than out and out striker but has scored 19 goals this season. Just hope he's still with us next season and not poached by a Premier league club during the summer.
Coventry play good football as shown in the fa cup semi final 2nd half. Limited resources but they do well. I think they should cash in on him similar to Hamer last  year so they reinvest into the squad for next season.
Bottom half premier league clubs will be interested in him this summer for sure.

Offline mr.bluesky

Coventry play good football as shown in the fa cup semi final 2nd half. Limited resources but they do well. I think they should cash in on him similar to Hamer last  year so they reinvest into the squad for next season.
Bottom half premier league clubs will be interested in him this summer for sure.

:drinks: need a few decent signings in the summer if we are going to challenge for promotion. A decent goalkeeper and defender or two. Conceded too many sloppy goals this season. Callum O Hare's is on his way out but he's out of contract so we won't get anything for him  :dash:
Talk is he may be going back to Aston Villa where we signed him from. One thing we have to cut out next season is conceding the first goal in matches then having to play catch up. Sakamoto will be back after his back injury, that will be like having a new signing. :yahoo:
« Last Edit: May 01, 2024, 08:18:40 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline webpunter

Pleased that Dortmund beat the cheating french cunts
With UEFA CL help able to cheat their way past Newcastle it should have been The Magpies progressing
How PSG ever pass FFP or the european equivalent i have no idea  :dash:
They've romped it to yet another Ligue 1 title, how exciting  :rolleyes:
Ligue 1 really is the most boring [& low scoring] league in europe
Perfect for the most cuntish country in europe
& utter shite when it comes to our fave sport

Offline mr.bluesky

I take it you don't like our cross channel neighbours then  :D
(Although have to agree with everything you've said.  :thumbsup:) those cheese eating surrender monkeys.
Hopefully Dortmund can see them off in the 2nd leg.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2024, 11:28:56 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline webpunter

I take it you don't like our cross channel neighbours then  :D
(Although have to agree with everything you've said.  :thumbsup:) those cheese eating surrender monkeys.
Hopefully Dortmund can see them off in the 2nd leg.

:hi:
Not like them, moi ?  ;)
Double surrender monkeys
Bailed them out twice
& their efforts to supply the feckless argie cunts with jets & missiles, whilst leading to the loss of very brave service personnel & injuries, didn't effect the end position
Cunts, the most of them

Sancho played a blinding match
Funny how Wankchester players thrive when released from the toxic TONM
Greenwood par example

Fingers crossed in the migrant infested Paris next week for Dortmund 🤞

As an aside the Dortmund stadium looked banging,  88,000 capacity ?

Online timsussex

Interesting article in yesterdays Times on How Harry Kane has completely changed his penalty technique
After the obligatory pulling up of socks, he used to decide (according to Mourinho several days before) where he was going to put a penalty and then practice hitting that spot with power. He never even looked at the keeper
But his last few penalties (including this week against RM) have had a slower run up with a stutter waiting for the keeper to commit then passing it the other way with less power

Offline mr.bluesky

Interesting article in yesterdays Times on How Harry Kane has completely changed his penalty technique
After the obligatory pulling up of socks, he used to decide (according to Mourinho several days before) where he was going to put a penalty and then practice hitting that spot with power. He never even looked at the keeper
But his last few penalties (including this week against RM) have had a slower run up with a stutter waiting for the keeper to commit then passing it the other way with less power

Can never understand why goalkeepers dive early one way or the other they only have a 50% chance of guessing the correct way. Just wait until the ball has been struck and if the taker hits it right down the middle you just stand and catch it ( like the Real Madrid goalkeeper did against Man City recently)
Then again what do I know about being a goalie apart from my years of experience of jumpers for goal posts as a kid  :D
« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 04:52:29 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline jackdaw

Pleased that Dortmund beat the cheating french cunts
With UEFA CL help able to cheat their way past Newcastle it should have been The Magpies progressing
How PSG ever pass FFP or the european equivalent i have no idea  :dash:
They've romped it to yet another Ligue 1 title, how exciting  :rolleyes:
Ligue 1 really is the most boring [& low scoring] league in europe
Perfect for the most cuntish country in europe
& utter shite when it comes to our fave sport

See Sancho looked like completely rejuvenated player. Seeing he was there when Man U signed Antony…it sort of suggests a strong case for sacking the manager. Rashford is another highly talented forward who’s completely lost his mojo under Ten Hag, there seems to be a pattern there.

Offline mr.bluesky

See Sancho looked like completely rejuvenated player. Seeing he was there when Man U signed Antony…it sort of suggests a strong case for sacking the manager. Rashford is another highly talented forward who’s completely lost his mojo under Ten Hag, there seems to be a pattern there.

Only a matter of time before Ten Hag gets the sack perhaps they will wait until after the FA cup final depending on result. With Dortmund reaching the Champions league semi final along with Bayern Munich Germany's Bundesliga Coefficient rating has gone above the Premier league meaning they will get an extra spot ( for 5th place team) in next seasons Champions league. Premier league will only get 4 places. Even if Villa win the Europa Conference it won't be enough to boost the Premier leagues Coefficient ranking. So that looks almost certain no Champions league football for Wankchester next season if they finish 5th. , oh dear, how sad, never mind  :yahoo:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 02:56:38 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline jackdaw

Only a matter of time before Ten Hag gets the sack perhaps they will wait until after the FA cup final depending on result. With Dortmund reaching the Champions league semi final along with Bayern Munich Germany's Bundesliga Coefficient rating has gone above the Premier league meaning they will get an extra spot ( for 5th place team) in next seasons Champions league. Premier league will only get 4 places. Even if Villa win the Europa Conference it won't be enough to boost the Premier leagues Coefficient ranking. So that looks almost certain no Champions league football for Wankchester next season if they finish 5th. , oh dear, how sad, never mind  :yahoo:

As a Spurs fan, hoping they don’t get 5th…I’m optimistic enough to think that’s “our spot”.

Offline chrishornx

As a Spurs fan, hoping they don’t get 5th…I’m optimistic enough to think that’s “our spot”.

not convinced after tonight

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
Sandro Tonali's been given a 2 month ban for betting by the FA, suspended until the end of next season. If we can keep hold of Bruno, Tonali, Bruno and Joelinton will make some midfield trio.

Online timsussex

Sandro Tonali's been given a 2 month ban for betting by the FA, suspended until the end of next season. If we can keep hold of Bruno, Tonali, Bruno and Joelinton will make some midfield trio.

loved that The FA also confirmed Tonali took part in an FA training programme about betting in August, nine days before his offences began, but he had not fully understood the content because of "his English being extremely limited".

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
loved that The FA also confirmed Tonali took part in an FA training programme about betting in August, nine days before his offences began, but he had not fully understood the content because of "his English being extremely limited".
The FA's case "stood solely on the evidence provided voluntarily by Tonali" such was the level of cooperation. The FA also stated that had his misconduct in Italy happened here it would only have been a maximum suspension of 6 months.

Offline webpunter

Wankchester finish 5th ?, no chance
Have watched the slide @ Bell End last season to relegation & as pointed out by whichever UKPer it was there isnt much movement at the end of the season top & bottom
Even if there were 5 places [which there aren't] i cant see Wankchester getting 7 more points than Spursey in the remaining four matches
Which they would need given the goal difference
i consider it more likely that Newcastle & Chelsea overtake them, which would be nice [though unlikely on balance]
I really do hope that Wankchester keep ETH, then more of the same next season, i-fcuking-deal

Online StingRay

VAR and all that:

Hidden Image/Members Only

Definitely worth going to the screen for an extended look, probably 15 minutes fergy time!

Offline Razor Boy

Foden won Football writers player of the year? Really  :unknown:
Cole Palmer must be fuming , and I’m a Gooner .

Offline chrishornx

tend to agree

Offline mr.bluesky

I think Cole Palmer has really come on strong in the last few months of the season where as Foden has been more consistent since the start of the season.  Good news is that they are both English and should be in Southgates England squad for the Euros in the summer. Knowing Southgate he will probably pick his favourite Jordan Henderson over Cole Palmer  :dash:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 10:45:31 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline mr.bluesky

Squeaky bum Time for your boys today webbie, now the big question is what game do I watch live 🤔

Offline webpunter

It was squeaky bum time at the start of the QPR match
Until the wheels fell off which didnt take very long
There was a chance that after a shite run of form with a win automatic still on the cards
That balloon soon deflated

The playoffs are a lottery
Well until Leeds fail to make it to Wembley 

Leeds did well against Leicester & Ipswich, beating them home & away
Then pulled out perfmances like getting a draw @ Rotherham
& dropping 2 points @ Hull 0-0 with Bamford skying a penalty  :dash:

Cov Leeds & Leeds Cov it is next season

Offline mr.bluesky

Cov Leeds & Leeds Cov it is next season

Looking that way webbie, our promotion wheels came off weeks ago ,even before the cup semi final defeat took the wind out of our sails, likewise we did well against the likes of Leeds and Leicester but got mugged by the likes of Cardiff etc. Consistency is the key, something neither of our clubs seem to find  :dash:
Still you might have a trip to Wembley to look forward to. :unknown:
Jumping Jack will be happy the Blue noses have gone down and rightly so after the way they treated John Eustace,  Ironic that he has kept Blackburn up with a win at Leicester City.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 02:29:25 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline webpunter

Jumping Jack will be happy the Blue noses have gone down and rightly so after the way they treated John Eustace,  Ironic that he has kept Blackburn up with a win at Leicester City.

Blackburn at home last month was one of the nails in the Leeds coffin [lost 1-0]
I'm pleased Birmingham went down with the manager stuff [having Wazza in charge didnt help]
& they are a bogey team for Leeds
Having won the championship & knowing that a Blackburn win could send their midlands neighbours down i wonder if Leicester took their foot off the gas ?

Online timsussex

so was it a statement win for Southampton at Leeds or a meaningless fixture ?
time will tell - assuming they both reach Wembley

Norwich 17 points behind Leeds over the season now start with a clean sheet. Surely the clubs finishing higher in the league should have some sort of advantage. Everyone (apart from TV and money men) say there are too many games  so perhaps a single leg playoff (with home advantage to the higher club) would be better.

How about extended playoffs (assuming you want to keep top 2 automatic) 5 plays 8 and 6 plays 7 then 3 and 4 play winners. All single leg with home advantage to higher ranked side

Offline webpunter

A straight top three going up please  :dash:

Offline mr.bluesky

so was it a statement win for Southampton at Leeds or a meaningless fixture ?
time will tell - assuming they both reach Wembley

Norwich 17 points behind Leeds over the season now start with a clean sheet. Surely the clubs finishing higher in the league should have some sort of advantage. Everyone (apart from TV and money men) say there are too many games  so perhaps a single leg playoff (with home advantage to the higher club) would be better.

How about extended playoffs (assuming you want to keep top 2 automatic) 5 plays 8 and 6 plays 7 then 3 and 4 play winners. All single leg with home advantage to higher ranked side

That's a good suggestion to have just a one leg play off with the 3rd and 4th place team having home advantage,  3rd v 6th, 4th v5th. In some leagues the bottom two go down to be replaced by the top two then 3rd from bottom play 3rd from top from the next league.  I think this is used in Italy and Germany.

Online StingRay

Incredible finish at the bottom of the championship - brum did what they could, but who would have thought that the other 3 contenders for the final drop place would all win, most notably Blackburn winning at leicester! I suppose the fact that leicester were already promoted may have helped, but well..........  :rolleyes:

Online timsussex

A straight top three going up please  :dash:

Good to see an unbiased view  :)

Offline Jumping Jack Flash

Small Heath Alliance, the gift that keeps on giving

Offline mr.bluesky

Small Heath Alliance, the gift that keeps on giving

:D hard to feel any sympathy for them after the way they treated John Eustace.  Somewhat ironic that his team Blackburns win at Leicester helped send them down.

Offline Blackpool Rock

Incredible finish at the bottom of the championship - brum did what they could, but who would have thought that the other 3 contenders for the final drop place would all win, most notably Blackburn winning at leicester! I suppose the fact that leicester were already promoted may have helped, but well..........  :rolleyes:
Here's a question for those who follow the Championship, last season Plymouth won league 1 and Ipswich were 2nd however at the start of this season when looking at the bookies odds Ipswich were among the favourite to win the Championship whereas Plymouth were fairly long odds

The bookies obviously got it right as Ipswich were right up there and Plymouth only just scraped staying up, so what did the bookies know that the rest of us didn't or is it only me that's the last to know as usual  :unknown:  :D 

Offline radioman33

Here's a question for those who follow the Championship, last season Plymouth won league 1 and Ipswich were 2nd however at the start of this season when looking at the bookies odds Ipswich were among the favourite to win the Championship whereas Plymouth were fairly long odds

The bookies obviously got it right as Ipswich were right up there and Plymouth only just scraped staying up, so what did the bookies know that the rest of us didn't or is it only me that's the last to know as usual  :unknown:  :D

I think Leicester were about 5 or 6/1 don’t know about Ipswich price.Ipswich probably have more spending power they got kieffer Moore from Bournemouth on loan I expect that plays into the price.
I don’t think Leeds is a good price 6/4 favourite to get promoted I like Norwich or Southampton.

Offline mr.bluesky

I think Leicester were about 5 or 6/1 don’t know about Ipswich price.Ipswich probably have more spending power they got kieffer Moore from Bournemouth on loan I expect that plays into the price.
I don’t think Leeds is a good price 6/4 favourite to get promoted I like Norwich or Southampton.

Looking at the league table Leeds finished 3rd on 90 points 17 points ahead of 6th place Norwich, in  season 21/22 that would be enough  for Automatic promotion.  Fulham won the league with 90 pts but the form book goes out the window during the play offs, it's who's best over 3 games ,anything can happen
 :scare:

Offline webpunter

6/4 odds not to make it past the semi reasonable odds
The bookies arent factoring in / have forgotten that leeds are shite in playoffs

I meant to put a fairly sizeable amount on Ispwich being promoted just after the international break
When OK odds > 1/1 more like 2's IIRC
That way if they get promoted & Leeds dont make the automatic there's a punting pot to spend, to soften the blow & harden littleWP
& if Ipswich didnt get promoted Leeds got automatic i'd have been happy & a second go on the playoffs as well
And if Ipswich didnt go up & bet lost i'd be happy anyways