Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: NHS STI Screening in tatters  (Read 6452 times)

Offline LLPunting

You can spout as much political bullshit rhethoric as you like but its not going to provide the wards, beds, ventilators and nurses we are going to need in the next few weeks. Irrespective of history, we now have a health service that simply will not be able to cope. That's the problem that needs fixing, not some irrelevant blame game

It's not bullshit rhetoric it's observed fact.  I'm not proposing that's the end of the game, it's the beginning of the rest of the game, up to now most have washed their hands of the society we've made, now we all need to accept we control this by participating however we can to maintain the controls the experts are suggesting.  If you're "lucky" enough to be able to make a difference at the staffing, housing and equipment end of the critical care needed then blessings upon you.  If you can stay healthy whilst trucking critical supplies then keep on trucking.
The point we are all meant to be making is if you can't actively participate in curing the sick then you can still help by at least staying out of circulation and otherwise keeping everything else in between that's still trading ticking whilst maintain your respectful and critical safety protocols.

Offline munterhunter

Many people continue to die of all the "tolerated" and "ignored" causes every moment of every day of this crisis.  The hysteria is yours in bleating about a however likely possibility that we as a society can mitigate by observing a very simple instruction to limit our interaction for a few scant months in a lifetime of months.
Bleating? You really need to have a time out.
You have gone from accusing me of scare mongering when (accirding to you) I"srarted with facts then masticated them into a hysterical conclusion "
My contrxt was to remind the op thst in light of the current situstion a reduction in sti services isn't that big a deal.
What's hysterical about that? I've no issues with the government guidelines self isolation and maintaining good standards of hygiene..
FACTS
people are dying fron Covid-19 and other conditions unrelated.
Government have imposed restrictions leading to the clisures I have derailed.
NHS is under additional pressure due to Covid-19.
In light of this it seems to me that prioritising resources which has a knock on effect on STI clinics doesn't mean the NHS or STI services are falling apart. What the NHS is doing might be irksome to some it is a necessary precaution.
No Hysteria on my part just an observation based on what I've seen and heard. If you choose to read more into what I've said .....well it is after all a forum open to all viewpoints. But seriously chill the fuck out before you burst a blood vessel!

Offline LLPunting

Bleating? You really need to have a time out.
You have gone from accusing me of scare mongering when (accirding to you) I"srarted with facts then masticated them into a hysterical conclusion "
My contrxt was to remind the op thst in light of the current situstion a reduction in sti services isn't that big a deal.
What's hysterical about that? I've no issues with the government guidelines self isolation and maintaining good standards of hygiene..
FACTS
people are dying fron Covid-19 and other conditions unrelated.
Government have imposed restrictions leading to the clisures I have derailed.
NHS is under additional pressure due to Covid-19.
In light of this it seems to me that prioritising resources which has a knock on effect on STI clinics doesn't mean the NHS or STI services are falling apart. What the NHS is doing might be irksome to some it is a necessary precaution.
No Hysteria on my part just an observation based on what I've seen and heard. If you choose to read more into what I've said .....well it is after all a forum open to all viewpoints. But seriously chill the fuck out before you burst a blood vessel!

Thanks MH, none of your subsequent detailing of your context and reasoning was evident in your earlier "masticated" statement.
I'm glad you're on the side of reason, please continue to spout the details of reason to those around you who aren't observing protocol.  Please avoid saying "we are fucked".

Offline munterhunter

Thanks MH, none of your subsequent detailing of your context and reasoning was evident in your earlier "masticated" statement.
I'm glad you're on the side of reason, please continue to spout the details of reason to those around you who aren't observing protocol.  Please avoid saying "we are fucked".
It's a forum people can voice their opinions freely.
You clesrly have strong and stoic views which if somone voices a view which does not exactly coincide with yours seems to set you off.
I've said what I need to say on the subject and that's where it ends for me. If you want to continue the "crusade" best of luck.

Offline j_181

Private postal testing services (e.g. External Link/Members Only) appear to still be active. They are expensive, but if you are desperate for a test and can afford it this might be a good option.

Offline winkywanky

Make sure you clean down the letter with your results in when the postman delivers it, otherwise it could all have been for nothing  :D.

Offline winkywanky

Actually, this is a serious note: if you're holed up in your house trying to avoid the virus, this is one way it could get in. Postie handles thousands of letters a day, from various sources, the letters could harbour the virus for perhaps a day or so, and others in the postal system will have been touching it along the way (yes, I know it's very automated now).

Wash/wipe down stuff that comes into your house, shopping too where possible.

A 5% sodium hypochlorite (standard) bleach diluted down to about 1:20 will kill bugs and viruses.

Make it up with cold water, and it will only last a day before degrading.

Online scutty brown

It's not bullshit rhetoric it's observed fact.  I'm not proposing that's the end of the game, it's the beginning of the rest of the game, up to now most have washed their hands of the society we've made, now we all need to accept we control this by participating however we can to maintain the controls the experts are suggesting.  If you're "lucky" enough to be able to make a difference at the staffing, housing and equipment end of the critical care needed then blessings upon you.  If you can stay healthy whilst trucking critical supplies then keep on trucking.
The point we are all meant to be making is if you can't actively participate in curing the sick then you can still help by at least staying out of circulation and otherwise keeping everything else in between that's still trading ticking whilst maintain your respectful and critical safety protocols.

But that statement bears virtually no relevance to your earlier post

Offline Malvolio

I'd sincerely hope all postal workers are now wearing gloves.

Offline The Outsider

I'd sincerely hope all postal workers are now wearing gloves.

That "only" protects them though, not those who receive packages or letters that have been handled multiple times. 

Offline Avg_Joe

i went for a test just before all the lock down stuff, but never received the text, not the first time from the place i used, so i think i'll have to call in and find out what's what
Banned reason: White knight.
Banned by: daviemac

Online scutty brown

i went for a test just before all the lock down stuff, but never received the text, not the first time from the place i used, so i think i'll have to call in and find out what's what

You'll almost certainly find the door locked and most of the staff working from home - or else temporarily on different duties.
Phone them. At the moment patients turning up without appointments are a serious distraction - and a  major risk factor

Offline Avg_Joe

yeah, by 'call in' i literally meant call as in phone   ;)
Banned reason: White knight.
Banned by: daviemac