Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: The Leech Discussion: Types of leeches, their effect, and solutions?  (Read 1996 times)

Offline JayEZ2K

Initially I was just going to ask how detrimental leeches are, but then found the subject to be more complex, breaking off into a few sections. Feel free to add information to each or any question.

How detrimental are Leeches?
Initially I didn't think much of leeches before, other than with the same type of annoyance I have towards capable yet lazy people who are on the dole, claiming benefits from society. But a while back after reviewing a location several times, I noticed a negative effect that might be due to leeching. Previously I could get easy appointments at said location, but after reviewing several times, I found that I would always have to wait for an appointment, and I would see punters leaving when I arrived, and punters waiting as I left. In addition, the location increased their pricing. There were only a small number of contributing members who showed interest on the reviews, which makes me think that there were 10 or 50 times as many leeches punting from the review. But this is just speculation based on some indicators, but no direct evidence.

So how detrimental do you think leeches are? Do they exist in large enough numbers to decrease availability and drive up prices? Do they have any other negative effects?

Types of Leeches?
Certainly we know that leeches exist. There is evidence of leeches who have been on this forum for years, punting regularly, yet contributing very few reviews, if any at all. For example, punting for approximately two years, spending an average of £600-1000 per month with only 1 review.

And then there are Coward leeches who never lose money or have a bad punt because they only follow positive reviews from good reviewers. These ones also chime in on positive reviews, yet never take a risk and lead the way themselves.

Then there's the "could have saved you bad punt but didn't" leeches. These leeches show up on negative reviews to chime in that an SP is terrible, but they didn't review the SP and thus left others to the same pitfall.

Any other types of leeches?

Solutions for Leeching?
With the filtering capabilities, I would love to see some leech traps. For example, fake reviews being only view-able by leeches. Or even a few review swaps where negative reviews were deviously swapped with positive reviews, which would sit like landmines waiting to wreck a leech's day. Or even just swapping a positive review with a unreviewed girl.

Other options would be to allow full public access to negative reviews, which puts bad SPs out of business, and discourages others from providing bad service.

But then limiting access to positive reviews starting at page 5 and later. That way contributors get first pass to see good SPs, and leeches have to wait. This could be done using an unknown access for the altruistic method, where new members could start with full access, but then it will move back a page for every month without a review, but not telling the new member this. This way, only people who genuinely want to contribute will do so, and leeches won't even know what they are missing. This will also avoid lazy or fake reviews to maintain access. (I don't know if any of this is even, technically possible, but just throwing out ideas.)

Of course guiding leeches to become reviewers is the most ideal, which could turn a negative leech into a positive contributor.

Justanotheruser

So someone who follows positive reviews, which is one of the points of this site, is a coward...? Not in my mind. If someone chose to only follow my positive reviews then I'd be happy they were having a good time.

And to be honest I'm not really keen on tricking someone into reading a bad review. I don't really care enough to try and fuck up someone's day and lose them money. I'll contribute as and when I can as a payback for the help I've had.

I'm not sure you will ever be able to manipulate the audience to completely follow a set of rules. And Im not sure id want to. Things seem to be going OK as it is.

Offline LocalHero

I have been called a leech.
I understand why; I've been a member for a number of years, hardly post anything and have never left a review.

* As mentioned in another post, I've always been a bit paranoid to write anything on here incase the other half somehow managed to log-in and guess my password (highly unlikely, I know), if I hadn't posted any damning evidence I would be better able to talk my way out of it.
* I am not really a chatty / share details about my life type so I've read some posts from time to time but not posted my own.
* I punt spur-of-the-moment so I usually use AW to search and use my own judgement / take my own chances rather than the reviews.
* I have thought about leaving a review a few times in the past but usually someone else has already left a review and I've thought mine wouldn't be different enough to warrant adding or would be too boring.

This is not a list of excuses - it's just my own honest reasons.

Having said all that, I'm obviously getting over the paranoia so I'll try to post more regularly and post reviews.

Offline PLeisure

I have been called a leech.
I understand why; I've been a member for a number of years, hardly post anything and have never left a review.

* As mentioned in another post, I've always been a bit paranoid to write anything on here incase the other half somehow managed to log-in and guess my password (highly unlikely, I know), if I hadn't posted any damning evidence I would be better able to talk my way out of it.
* I am not really a chatty / share details about my life type so I've read some posts from time to time but not posted my own.
* I punt spur-of-the-moment so I usually use AW to search and use my own judgement / take my own chances rather than the reviews.
* I have thought about leaving a review a few times in the past but usually someone else has already left a review and I've thought mine wouldn't be different enough to warrant adding or would be too boring.

This is not a list of excuses - it's just my own honest reasons.

Having said all that, I'm obviously getting over the paranoia so I'll try to post more regularly and post reviews.
No. They are a standard set of lame excuses that all leeches roll out, ad infinitum  :rolleyes:
Do you really think you're unique in these excuses? Show some ingenuity !  :unknown:

Tell us... what would you do for a resource if UKP didn't exist?

Do yourself a favour. Set a time limit to post your first review.
I can pretty much guarantee that you'll feel a lot better for contributing  :hi:

Don't be a leech. They really are the scum of the earth  :thumbsdown:

Andrewpan1980

Initially I was just going to ask how detrimental leeches are, but then found the subject to be more complex, breaking off into a few sections. Feel free to add information to each or any question.

Initially I didn't think much of leeches before, other than with the same type of annoyance I have towards capable yet lazy people who are on the dole, claiming benefits from society. But a while back after reviewing a location several times, I noticed a negative effect that might be due to leeching. Previously I could get easy appointments at said location, but after reviewing several times, I found that I would always have to wait for an appointment, and I would see punters leaving when I arrived, and punters waiting as I left. In addition, the location increased their pricing. There were only a small number of contributing members who showed interest on the reviews, which makes me think that there were 10 or 50 times as many leeches punting from the review. But this is just speculation based on some indicators, but no direct evidence.

So how detrimental do you think leeches are? Do they exist in large enough numbers to decrease availability and drive up prices? Do they have any other negative effects?

Types of Leeches?
Certainly we know that leeches exist. There is evidence of leeches who have been on this forum for years, punting regularly, yet contributing very few reviews, if any at all. For example, punting for approximately two years, spending an average of £600-1000 per month with only 1 review.

And then there are Coward leeches who never lose money or have a bad punt because they only follow positive reviews from good reviewers. These ones also chime in on positive reviews, yet never take a risk and lead the way themselves.

Then there's the "could have saved you bad punt but didn't" leeches. These leeches show up on negative reviews to chime in that an SP is terrible, but they didn't review the SP and thus left others to the same pitfall.

Solutions for Leeching?
With the filtering capabilities, I would love to see some leech traps. For example, fake reviews being only view-able by leeches. Or even a few review swaps where negative reviews were deviously swapped with positive reviews, which would sit like landmines waiting to wreck a leech's day. Or even just swapping a positive review with a unreviewed girl.

Other options would be to allow full public access to negative reviews, which puts bad SPs out of business, and discourages others from providing bad service.

But then limiting access to positive reviews starting at page 5 and later. That way contributors get first pass to see good SPs, and leeches have to wait. This could be done using an unknown access for the altruistic method, where new members could start with full access, but then it will move back a page for every month without a review, but not telling the new member this. This way, only people who genuinely want to contribute will do so, and leeches won't even know what they are missing. This will also avoid lazy or fake reviews to maintain access. (I don't know if any of this is even, technically possible, but just throwing out ideas.)

Of course guiding leeches to become reviewers is the most ideal, which could turn a negative leech into a positive contributor.

How would leeches providing reviews stop WGs from raising prices, getting burnt out, getting flooded?

Offline HarryZZ

Types of Leeches?

Solutions for Leeching?

There's so much wrong with this, you begin with some sort of blinkered political comment that has nothing to do with your meandering, ill thought through post and then continue with a kind of stream of consciousness rant which goes nowhere. How is posting a review "taking a risk" or why are "leeches" clever ones who only visit well rated WGs? There's also an implication that every punter is a member of UKP, I'm sure the majority won't even know it exists.

Labelling people with the sole intent to discredit and belittle them isn't nice, perhaps think how wider society would think of us if they knew our hobby.

This week I have searched the internet for new tyre advice and a solution to problems encountered installing new software, I have contributed nothing to the places I sought advice, who amongst us can say that for every piece of internet assistance they searched they added something? Moreover, just think how terrible it would and how unusable this site would be if every punter recorded every punt as a review.

Veritas

They are an inevitable part of internet life unless you paywall a site - and I don’t think any of us would like to see admin introduce that!

The thousands who read in silence and then enjoy the benefit of the reviews may indeed make a favoured SP busier but, if someone is that good then they would have been successful and busy even back in the days of word of mouth and cards in phone boxes.

The thousands who read and post bilge on threads (both positive and negative) at least tend to get a robust response on here.  Laying traps for them?  Nah, just do what we do now and tell them to contribute or fuck off. Most of them get bored of being slated after a while and either throw their toys out of the pram and get banned or drift off.

Different access rights based on reviews?  The boards may have less noise on them but it wouldn’t necessarily improve the intel - I think we all take some of the more ‘eccentric’ established reviewers’ output with a pinch of salt and have also seen useful stuff from first time posters.  Credibility comes from what a poster says not just from hitting a certain number of contributions to gain access to some sort of VIP Lounge.

Offline houseboot

This Forum is no different to any other Forum.

Some people contribute, some people never contribute.

"Variants include the 1-9-90 rule (sometimes 90–9–1 principle or the 89:10:1 ratio), which states that in a collaborative website such as a wiki, 90% of the participants of a community only view content, 9% of the participants edit content, and 1% of the participants actively create new content."

So, annoying as it might be at times, lurkers, leeches etc exist and will continue to exist.

What is really annoying though is those that read things here and then use that information in such a stupid manner that they screw things up for everyone else. An example here:-

www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=219201.msg2220765#msg2220765

Offline JamesKW

Moreover, just think how terrible it would and how unusable this site would be if every punter recorded every punt as a review.

Yes,there are many that see the same girls over and over again,or go to the same parties, so if they kept reviewing them they would be accused of being fan boys,you are in a no win situation.

Offline FLYING BLUE

I prefer leeches to those who post drivel, utter crap, demonstrate stupid childish behaviour & are 'keyboard hardmen offering to fight all and sundry on the forum, Biffa Bacon style' - it's those idiots who concern me :hi:

Edited to add - I think (regarding leeches) I am more annoyed by those people who've been members for months or years and contributed bugger all & then suddenly started posting valueless one liners because admin changed the rules and they were forced to :dash:

(but then again, I'm a right miserable old twat!) :D
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 09:28:03 am by FLYING BLUE »

Offline LLPunting

Definitely the publicly available Positive reports drive business to the subjects of the reports. 
- Win for the SP/parlour. 
- Lose for punters because availability falls and prices go up. 
- Lose for SP/parlour/(good) punters because fuckwits, whether leeches or contributors, who go chasing a Positive give the SP/parlour grief because they don't respect YMMV and want what was reviewed or didn't get the same (or better) as what was reviewed.  This can piss off the SP or parlour such that services are revoked, SPs are sacked, SPs leave, management insists on no reviews.  When punters lose out they may write Negs and then the SP/parlour loses out.

With regards solutions:
1) To be allowed to start threads a member would need to submit a minimum, small number >1 of credible reviews or reply posts.  Admin and Helpers can "like" a review/post and x likes makes the review/post "credible".  A "like" indicates thanks for a useful contribution, reviews would need to be of active SPs and contain the requisite details (name, identifying description, services offered/indulged, prices, link/contact details).  The only short-cut is the privilege is granted by Admin.
2) Admin's requirement to post monthly to maintain link viewing privileges should be extended to hide reviews and mini-review threads.  The validating post would need to be a review or post that was "liked".
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 09:38:53 am by LLPunting »

Offline LLPunting

...  Credibility comes from what a poster says not just from hitting a certain number of contributions to gain access ...

+1

Offline LLPunting

How would leeches providing reviews stop WGs from raising prices, getting burnt out, getting flooded?

That's not the point of OPs post.

There's nothing we can do about what you mention other than to report genuine, warranted negatives about the SP.

Offline LLPunting

There's so much wrong with this, you begin with some sort of blinkered political comment that has nothing to do with your meandering, ill thought through post and then continue with a kind of stream of consciousness rant which goes nowhere. How is posting a review "taking a risk" or why are "leeches" clever ones who only visit well rated WGs? There's also an implication that every punter is a member of UKP, I'm sure the majority won't even know it exists.

Labelling people with the sole intent to discredit and belittle them isn't nice, perhaps think how wider society would think of us if they knew our hobby.

This week I have searched the internet for new tyre advice and a solution to problems encountered installing new software, I have contributed nothing to the places I sought advice, who amongst us can say that for every piece of internet assistance they searched they added something? Moreover, just think how terrible it would and how unusable this site would be if every punter recorded every punt as a review.

Nothing meandering about the post.  Perhaps you need to focus more when reading.
It may not be comprehensive but then nothing so brief would be.  It's a valid opener to a discussion which is what OP intended.

Your indicated inferences are absurd and not what OP meant.

"Labelling people with the sole intent to discredit and belittle them isn't nice, perhaps think how wider society would think of us if they knew our hobby."  UKP is already known about by those who hold prostitution and punters in contempt.  Why the fuck should we care about the opinions of such people? Of the rest of society who don't object to consensual prostitution they could also care less about how we deal with exploitative freeloaders.
I don't agree with the extreme solutions proposed for active retribution but I do agree that freeloaders should be denied the most valuable benefits of this site.

A member doesn't have to review to be a valued contributor.

Offline smiths

No. They are a standard set of lame excuses that all leeches roll out, ad infinitum  :rolleyes:
Do you really think you're unique in these excuses? Show some ingenuity !  :unknown:

I can pretty much guarantee that you'll feel a lot better for contributing  :hi:

Whereas to me the scum of the earth are white knight fanboys who are a cancer in punting. :thumbsdown: Leeches can be annoying and especially them or other posters who post on a negative review they had the same bad service off a WG but hadn't bothered reviewing it themselves which just may of saved the reviewer from experiencing the same. And those who come trotting onto a negative review to white knight the WG and/or pimp, utterly sickening people. :thumbsdown:

I don't get as worked up about leeches like some do on here, they will always exist unless admin totally changed how UKP is used which is entirely up to him. Lurkers and leeches are the norm on any forum I know of, if they get stick off some others I have no objection and I may give some stick to some myself.

What I do see is some posters who are leeches or were lurkers or others moaning about getting stick and that it will put some off posting, well reviews are at record highs, those who so meek that a bit of criticism scares them off aren't going to stay on UKP anyway so no loss in my book. Grow a backbone is my advice to them, this IS UKP not some vicars tea party forum.

Offline LLPunting

Yes,there are many that see the same girls over and over again,or go to the same parties, so if they kept reviewing them they would be accused of being fan boys,you are in a no win situation.

We don't need them to review the same SPs/establishments/events repeatedly and established rules would limit that to yearly updates and repeated "bumping" could be dealt with as we would touting.  The type you describe wouldn't need access to links and other reviews if they don't want to indulge more widely.  But if they contribute usefully, not just from reviewing, then they're free to read all content.

Offline LLPunting

Whereas to me the scum of the earth are white knight fanboys who are a cancer in punting. :thumbsdown: Leeches can be annoying and especially them or other posters who post on a negative review they had the same bad service off a WG but hadn't bothered reviewing it themselves which just may of saved the reviewer from experiencing the same. And those who come trotting onto a negative review to white knight the WG and/or pimp, utterly sickening people. :thumbsdown:

I don't get as worked up about leeches like some do on here, they will always exist unless admin totally changed how UKP is used which is entirely up to him. Lurkers and leeches are the norm on any forum I know of, if they get stick off some others I have no objection and I may give some stick to some myself.

What I do see is some posters who are leeches or were lurkers or others moaning about getting stick and that it will put some off posting, well reviews are at record highs, those who so meek that a bit of criticism scares them off aren't going to stay on UKP anyway so no loss in my book. Grow a backbone is my advice to them, this IS UKP not some vicars tea party forum.

+1

Except I don't think UKP would need to be "totally" changed to deter leeches and lurkers.

Offline LocalHero

No, I don't really think I'm unique in these excuses. That's kind of my point. There will be plenty of others on here who share the same reasons.

"Tell us... what would you do for a resource if UKP didn't exist?" I think I answered that in my original post. AW but obviously I see the benefit of UKP so I intend to contribute more.

"Do yourself a favour. Set a time limit to post your first review."
Already have; next punt will have review. I'm not sure how well it will go down when I show up with a notebook & dictaphone though.

Offline Students Notebook

No, I don't really think I'm unique in these excuses. That's kind of my point. There will be plenty of others on here who share the same reasons.

"Tell us... what would you do for a resource if UKP didn't exist?" I think I answered that in my original post. AW but obviously I see the benefit of UKP so I intend to contribute more.

"Do yourself a favour. Set a time limit to post your first review."
Already have; next punt will have review. I'm not sure how well it will go down when I show up with a notebook & dictaphone though.

"Dictaphone" that reminds me.
A long time ago I asked a girl if she had a Dictaphone. 
"Ohhh No" she said. " I use my fingers"
S.N.

Offline puntingpumping1920

This topic gets posted every year.

This is what Admin/ Site Owner has said about this topic 

Many years ago when I left good feedback on AdultWork for prossies it was to help my fellow punters, this 'keeping a gem to myself' is not something I do. I first knew other punters thought this way only after a prossie told me so during a punt, it being his reason for not leaving her feedback. If a prossie had zero feedback and turned out to be genuine and good punt, I would quickly leave her feedback to notify all those considering her that she was genuine not fake and to go ahead booking her.
This was the 2007-2009 days before UKPunting.

If I was still in the UK now I would post reviews regardless if anyone was "leeching" of my reviews and info and giving me nothing back, if they had a good punt then I'd be pleased to have helped a fellow punter.

So a prossie gets popular after I leave her raving feedback and I struggle to see her again because she's fully booked up, the fact I helped my fellow punters is more important than me being affected.

I run another site that is unrelated to sex but also has review system, and again it's the same as UKP, only a fraction of visitors to the site are ones who post, there is a Wikipedia page dedicated to this topic:
External Link/Members Only

And not forgetting this is a free site, I spend my time and effort to maintain it, and get nothing in return apart from the satisfaction that I'm helping other punters to share info, which is more important than some dirty money I could make from letting prossies and agency pimps advertise. If everyone was always wanting something in return, then UKP wouldn't be here as it is, instead it will be some website owners who wants to make as much money as possible.

There is a page on Wikipedia dedicated to this topic:
External Link/Members Only
It applies to all sites, especially sites like YouTube and TripAdvisor, the overwhelmingly majority do not leave hotel reviews or upload videos on those sites yet use them regularly.

This site is now getting 900,000+ unique visitors per month (yes nearly 1 million), it's actually a good thing not all of them post. Imagine the mayhem if they did.
Banned reason: Mr £500k go and buy some fucking manners
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline LocalHero

:D :D
"Dictaphone" that reminds me.
A long time ago I asked a girl if she had a Dictaphone. 
"Ohhh No" she said. " I use my fingers"
S.N.

:D

vw

And then there are Coward leeches who never lose money or have a bad punt because they only follow positive reviews from good reviewers.

Those only bother me when moaning about lack of new talent while ever making the effort to TOFTT.

As for leeches, their numbers of readers gives the site its power ad influence, a few bad reviews ad all the leeches avoid those prossies too.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 02:31:22 pm by vw »

minge

I guess the question is, is the forum looking for quantity or quality within its membership. Either can be a laudable aim.

Offline Sibiu

“Tell us... what would you do for a resource if UKP didn't exist? ”

I found this site within the last year. I’ve punted, albeit infrequently, for 38 years. Guess what, I got by quite happily for 37 years.

I’ve contributed comments to this site but, as yet, no feedback on an escort. Why? Because I don’t punt often and those I see already have plenty of feedback here or elsewhere.

I do not consider myself as a leech. If you do, then that’s you privilege and problem.

Offline Bogof60

While I don't like people who take and not give.
Admin seems to have a handle on this as he does with many other contrivetial subjects
My take is that if I have benefited by reading reviews on here it's only right that I give something back.
Others do not feel this way and IMHO they are assholes.
But everyone has an asshole.
Let admin deal with it.
All we can do is encourage .
Let the hammer be admins tool.
Banned reason: Abuse of a mod.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Bogof60

Could I also add that I would rather see the hammer in admins hand than some other, " senior "  members
Banned reason: Abuse of a mod.

Offline peter purves

This topic gets posted every year.

This is what Admin/ Site Owner has said about this topic

Although it may get raised every year it's the first I have seen Admin's response. This is my view on the situation but I suspect folks who do not mind giving for free are a minority here - as with life generally.

Thanks for posting!!

« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 11:43:58 pm by peter purves »
Banned reason: Can't / won't take advice.

Offline king tarzan

Putting it very simply Admin is George Foreman when it comes to dealing with them..
Banned reason: Misogynist who gets free bookings from agencies for pos reviews.

vw

Putting it very simply Admin is George Foreman when it comes to dealing with them..

He knocked you out once.   :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline king tarzan

Banned reason: Misogynist who gets free bookings from agencies for pos reviews.

InstaPunt

The most annoying thing I’ve seem from leeches,  number one has to be the “pat on the back” comment on other people’s review. Almost like the leech is saying good job was waiting for one you guys to review her for me. Other annoying things asking for intel/help and as others have said “yeah saw her a few months ago also she was shit then too”

Offline LLPunting

I found this site within the last year. I’ve punted, albeit infrequently, for 38 years. Guess what, I got by quite happily for 37 years.

I’ve contributed comments to this site but, as yet, no feedback on an escort. Why? Because I don’t punt often and those I see already have plenty of feedback here or elsewhere.

I do not consider myself as a leech. If you do, then that’s you privilege and problem.

Do you choose your well reviewed SPs based on reviews posted here?   :unknown:

If you're contributing useful commentary and advice then you're not a (total) leech.   ;)

If you are only seeing well reviewed SPs have they all had contemporary reviews that reflected the experience you had with them at the time?   :unknown:

Offline timsussex

I don't mind the lurkers who never post but choose punts based on others reviews. Its the guys who lurk for a year or two then post asking for "recommendations in Bracknell for a 20 year old with big boobs" type of post or has anyone seen girlXXX when she has half a dozen reviews on here.

Flunt

I'm a Leech. Have you never taking advantage of information given freely on other forums?

Offline Students Notebook

Well now that you've made a contribution I suppose we should, albeit grudgingly, admit that you are NO LONGER a leech. S.N.