Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Unsolicited emails from Booking.com  (Read 871 times)

Offline watsey

Just a word of warning here guys.
I have been looking for a hotel to stay in for a legitimate reason but also hoping for an outcall while I’m there. Having entered in the dates of my visit into a few search engines and specifying a double room with two occupants (to make sure I get enough towels etc.) I later received an unsolicited email into my family email account from Booking.com summarising my requirements and telling me of offers in the same area.
As I said this is a legitimate visit so no issues but if you are looking for a punting hotel make sure you block Booking.com beforehand.

Offline Tantric_mat

It’s a good point I had it before where gumtree massage ads were popping in ad boxes on unrelated gaming websites.

I do most of my punting arrangement from my phone now that only I can access!

Offline _Rust_

Were you using an incognito/private mode in your browser?

They're not perfect in terms of keeping you totally anonymous however you shouldn't have pop advertising come up in your browser or receive emails after a search in that mode.

Also if you have a booking.com account with Gmail and use the Chrome browser there is a good chance you'll get an email relating to a search on the site, same with TripAdvisor I believe. Shouldn't happen when searching in incognito mode though.

Lacoster

This is what we are in store for nowadays and in future with cookies and google.

Offline watsey

Were you using an incognito/private mode in your browser?

They're not perfect in terms of keeping you totally anonymous however you shouldn't have pop advertising come up in your browser or receive emails after a search in that mode.

Also if you have a booking.com account with Gmail and use the Chrome browser there is a good chance you'll get an email relating to a search on the site, same with TripAdvisor I believe. Shouldn't happen when searching in incognito mode though.
Yes I always use incognito for sites such as this and AW.
I also have my family PC set up to delete history on exit but this scenario hadn't crossed my mind.

Offline watsey

This is what we are in store for nowadays and in future with cookies and google.
True. I disable location on my phone as Google tracks where you go and sends random messages to review places.

Offline houseboot

Booking.com is a pain.

I want a room when I want a room.

Booking.com assumes i'm some sort of nomad and want a room every few days. They bombard me with emails.