Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: How To Do An AdultWork Profile Search on UKP.  (Read 22546 times)

Offline NightKid

Inspired by the many times I've seen how new users aren't aware of the proper method to do a search on UKP regarding Adultwork profiles, I decided to create this thread.

Initially, I'd wanted to post this in the Off-Topic board. However, following on from - https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=18386.0 ... it seems that board is no longer viewable to non-members henceforth.
Therefore, I place this post in the General Discussion board to benefit all viewers of UKP. If this isn't acceptable by admin/mod then, by all means, please move it to the appropriate thread.

Anyway, as per thread title ...

Step 1

Copy the Adultwork profile number of the profile you wish to seek information on. It can be found here:

Hidden Image/Members Only

or here:

Step 2

Paste the profile number into the search bar on UKP, like this:

or like this:

And voila! You should get more accurate search results, like so:

The first hit in that pic is a proper review on the profile in question. Whereby if you do a search based on profile name, you'd get this instead:

I hope this explains to UKP newbies why profile numbers are so important, and therefore, why you should always post links as such.  :hi:

Offline Steve2

Good information NK. Unfortunately after a few days it'll become buried along with lots of other useful threads like "How to do a Google reverse image search"

Offline akauya

Good info for newbies NK, this helps impress on newbies (and oldies alike) is that it is crucial to use the profile number and the prossie's name when doing reviews. This catches those prossies who keep changing names or passing on profiles as the ref number will always be the same no matter how many times they change the name.

Offline ampersand

Is there a facility to make threads like this - there have been several that give good advice  - into 'stickies' that stay at the top of the forum sections?

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 10
I've just posted a the same tip in the East of England sub-section.

Highly recommend searching the 7-digit reference only, as posting the full link won't necessarily pick up all threads on that profile.

This is what i posted in the other thread:

I have since found that entering only the 7 digit AW ID Profile number brings out ALL the threads where her profile is shown:

e.g. a search for: "External Link/Members Only" results in only 1 thread coming up (this thread)
However searching under "2000717" results in 2 threads coming up, the other being what skittish posted.

This is because the first search won't pick up a different link for the same profile:
External Link/Members Only

Offline CBPaul

Thanks for all of this. Doesn't just apply to newbies, some of older members need reminding (i.e. me).

Could we have a new section on how to use this forum ? Could include this, image searching, pasting images to threads and stress the importance of giving the links to  prossie profiles etc.

Cheers again.

Offline Thepacifist

Good tip, i never thought of that.  :blush:

Offline skittish

Thanks for all of this. Doesn't just apply to newbies, some of older members need reminding (i.e. me).

Could we have a new section on how to use this forum ? Could include this, image searching, pasting images to threads and stress the importance of giving the links to  prossie profiles etc.

Cheers again.

It's very difficult to do this as the topic is dynamic and there are many ways to carry out these tasks which can differ from one platform to another. The problem with lumping all the how to topics together is it will create a thread of many pages eventually, then specific information gets buried within that thread.

The alternative is to have separate threads for each task and making those stickies but this will clog up the front page. Nik use to have a few stickies but if I remember correctly one of Adams first changes was to remove them for that very reason.

I think the best option is if a member is not sure how to carry out a particular task they should ask, other members are usually very accommodating.

Offline NightKid

Unfortunately after a few days it'll become buried along with lots of other useful threads like "How to do a Google reverse image search"

Indeed. But now that I've created the content, it's easier for those with good memory to a) remember how to do it or b) link to it, especially in my case.
Also, I just came up with an idea on how to make finding this thread easier.

Going by UKP's search function logic explained in the OP ... if I make a numerical mark on this post with something simple like 0123456, similar to AW profile numbers, I should have an easier time looking for this.
I could also tag it with 1234567, but that number returns a few other hits though.

Lastly, for consolidation purposes ... I'll be linking skittish's excellent posts on GRIS and posting pics on UKP as well, which started it all:

How To Do A Google Reverse Image Search - https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=17336.0;all
How To Post A Picture On UKP - https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=16693.msg259965#msg259965

Is there a facility to make threads like this - there have been several that give good advice  - into 'stickies' that stay at the top of the forum sections?

Edit: To put it simply, admin doesn't want stickies.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 07:21:12 pm by NightKid »

hollysbeenabadgirl

The alternative is to have separate threads for each task and making those stickies but this will clog up the front page. Nik use to have a few stickies but if I remember correctly one of Adams first changes was to remove them for that very reason.
Edit: To put it simply, admin doesn't want stickies.

Then have one 'How to' thread. Get the OP's of those three subjects to post on the thread(cut and paste of their original info) then lock the single, three post, thread.

Offline manc36

Good stuff, like someone said above, it would be a real shame if a thread like this got buried.
Banned reason: Abuse
Banned by: daviemac

Offline NightKid

Then have one 'How to' thread. Get the OP's of those three subjects to post on the thread(cut and paste of their original info) then lock the single, three post, thread.

The post above that I've just made, IS effectively the 3-in-1 'How To' thread.

However, I realise that if you currently don't log in to UKP ... you can't view ANY Off-Topic posts as a Guest.
I think this thread alone is enough for your everyday viewers, so, the decision will be up to admin/mods if they want to allow non-members access by moving the threads into the General Discussion board.

Offline manc36

However, I realise that if you currently don't log in to UKP ... you can't view ANY Off-Topic posts as a Guest.
I think this thread alone is enough for your everyday viewers, so, the decision will be up to admin/mods if they want to allow non-members access by moving the threads into the General Discussion board.

Thanks again. I am shite on computers but just tried it and that works a treat. Really good info  :drinks:
Banned reason: Abuse
Banned by: daviemac

brianiacleonard

hollysbeenabadgirl

No, it is the 'How To Do An AdultWork Profile Search on UKP' with links to the other two. I was suggesting a single thread covering all 3 'How to's' made in general.

Offline NightKid

No, it is the 'How To Do An AdultWork Profile Search on UKP' with links to the other two. I was suggesting a single thread covering all 3 'How to's' made in general.

Like I said, I'll leave it up to the chaps in charge to decide if they want to allow non-members to view the thread about doing GRIS searches by moving said thread to the General board.
Personally, I'd be okay for it to stay in the Off-Topic board if it'll encourage new members to sign up & make useful posts. Additionally, the info about how to post pics on UKP isn't applicable to lurkers anyway.

Also, I can't be bothered to waste my time nor effort on those who can't be arsed to click on a fucking link.  :rolleyes:

hollysbeenabadgirl

Offline backofthenet

should this be on the wiki perhaps?

unfortunately that method doesn't have the postive / negative icon next to them nor are they sorted by review dates

can someone advise how I can search and have it return a result like:

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?action=serviceprovider;id=553

instead?

Rattle

Many thanks for an interesting bits of information ..
I think UKP is a "Time&Cash savvier" to working things what next, before one jumps  :wacko:  .

Newbie in Wales..  :yahoo:

Offline Marmalade

No. But some kind person might add it to the UKP Wiki.  :kissgirl:

Great pictures. Useful for the semantically challenged and our friendly visitors from countries that don't have much reading and writing.