Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Thurrock hotel  (Read 895 times)

Offline Hackneylad1

Anyone visited the Ibis. How does the parking work ? Looking at street view the signs in hotel carpark say permit only.
Am sure someone here has visited.
Thanks

Offline George South

Its a while since I visited anyone at the Ibis.
But I know punters have got caught out and been sent penalty notices after failing to register their cars at reception.
Most suggest parking in the yard accross the road.
Personally I parked some distance away and walked in.
The reviews on tripadvisor make amusing reading.
"More of a brothel than a hotel"

Offline Natehell

Not been there for a while and only once, but there was a screen to enter your reg. Otherwise park nearby and walk

Offline Hackneylad1

Cheers. Dont want to enter reg. Will checkout parking options nearby.

Offline fatboy

'ackney,
There  is parking about 5 -10 mins away along the London Road going towards Thurrock.
Past the Ibis is all industrial estates, all gated and double yellows.
Just leave plenty of time. I did not haha.
There are two buildings, one without reception.
Hope your punt is better than the one I had.
Cheers, FB.

Offline George South

Agree with FB.
I found somewhere past the Texaco garage on London Road.
The SP suggested the yard opposite. But the gates and security fence put me off.

No problem at reception as you can walk straight past. To the stairs and lift.
But it is bit grotty.
Would only go back to see a favourite SP.

Offline oneeyesnake

Been there once, you have to register your car registration on the pad / screen next to reception.  Not an issue to as was wearing mask  :D
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 07:48:47 am by oneeyesnake »

Offline dieseldriver

Reception well aware used by SP's. When I visited an SP there once, she told me reception asked her if like a room next to another SP.
One SP I was going to visit there asked me for my reg number so she can register my car same time she registers hers. Saying that way don't have to wait around inputting number, or get embarrassed reception knew where were going. Just walk in. As it happened, went somewhere else.

Offline Hackneylad1

Thanks all for alternative parking suggestions. Will not be entering car reg on their systems thats for sure.

Offline Nemesis18750

Been a while since I visited there. I was told by the WG to park in the soft drink company next door, which I did. Never had an issue.

Offline Hackneylad1

Been a while since I visited there. I was told by the WG to park in the soft drink company next door, which I did. Never had an issue.

Cheers

Offline dieseldriver

No problem with registering your number at reception. Lots of hotels use the same system to weed out those looking for somewhere to park free. Holiday Inn the same. Holiday Inn is used by a private HGV/PSV drivers medical company. Basildon and Dartford both used for my HGV/PSV medical. Register car reg at reception and keep the appointment correspondence just in case. But never had a problem. Also Premier Inn now started doing the same. To my surprise Travelodge don't. Used the one at Lakeside last year without having to input reg number.