Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: STI Testing at 80 Leadenhall Street  (Read 2066 times)

Offline RudiUK

Just thought I'd put a "review" in for a relatively new NHS testing service at 80 Leadenhall Street (I couldn't find a mention of it on here). It's run by Homerton health services and is a comletely free service in the heart of the City.

External Link/Members Only

I needed a clean set of results for a forthcoming session (a review will go up later this week  ;) ) and was going to go to Dean Street but found this service much more conveniently located.

I made the booking online and took the opportunity of having the full works and talking to an adviser. I was fully expecting the usual lecture about using WGs but the guy who dealt with me was very relaxed and matter of fact about the whole thing.

My blood sample was taken with absolutely no bruising left on my arm and I was given a vial and swabs for the other tests. Into the bathroom and drop the tests into the hatch. If you're there before mid afternoon the results should be available by phone that evening (you're given a card with a code number).

My only criticism was that, although I'd already filled in my (mostly false..)  details online, I was asked to fill it all in again on a clipboard in a reception area full of very normal looking people.

There was a funny moment when I asked about getting a paper copy of the results and was told I'd have to present photo ID but we quickly agreed that I'd pick a day to go back and see the same health adviser as I'd used a false name.

All in all a very convenient and easy alternative to Dean Street for those living or working further East.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 07:59:42 am by RudiUK »

Offline rebelsurge

Banned reason: No reviews in 10 years !!
Banned by: 90125

Online WARSZAWA16

Online Waterhouse

Thanks for this Rudi.  Good find.  Hopefully take some of the pressure off of DSE.   Just wish they had something like this in Paddington area - I find St Mary's/Jefferiss is always too busy and slow with results.

Offline claretandblue

cheers for this, I gave up going dse ages ago as always too busy and not close enough to work,this place sounds ideal

Offline hendrix

Thanks for the review Rudi, very handy!

Offline RudiUK

Thanks for the review Rudi, very handy!

No probs mate. I saw a mutual friend of ours this afternoon by the way  ;) . Just recovering with a pint or two.

Offline magnetico

On the online booking form I'm not seeing that clinic, only two other ones further north, am I the only one with that issue?

Offline a203203

this is good especially because dean street and others have become impossible to book for. slots are gone as soon as they are made available. looks like they are all promoting home testing kits for people without symptoms now -- although i would rather get it done in person by a nurse where possible. has anyone used a home testing kit, and how much bother is it to administer?

Offline Titti Tatti

If its the same one I used its been there a couple of years.

NB the entrance is a discrete door to the right of the main reception. Not hard to find but its easy to walk Into reception and then look confused as to what to do next.

Service fine.  I gave them my punting no and called an automated system for results.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 05:15:04 am by Titti Tatti »

Anikhayley

This is a different and really helpful review thanks OP

Offline claretandblue

this is good especially because dean street and others have become impossible to book for. slots are gone as soon as they are made available. looks like they are all promoting home testing kits for people without symptoms now -- although i would rather get it done in person by a nurse where possible. has anyone used a home testing kit, and how much bother is it to administer?
home testing kit? Wouldnt fancy explaining that to the ball and chain  :lol:

Offline JamesKW

On the online booking form I'm not seeing that clinic, only two other ones further north, am I the only one with that issue?

I have been a number of times, its not always easy to book online often you just have to turn up,its normally quieter during work hours (ie: not lunch times or after 5.00pm.)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 11:27:22 am by JamesKW »

Offline magnetico

I have been a number of times, its not always easy to book online often you just have to turn up,its normally quieter during work hours (ie: not lunch times or after 5.00pm.)

Thanks.
Maybe this clinic didn't show on the list as it was fully booked

Offline yorkshirepud

Have used home testing kit.
Delivery is in a very discreet package and very easy to use for the urine tests. Blood tests a bit more complicated but perfectly doable. Would recommend if you have neither the time nor the confidence to go to a clinic. Not cheap mind.

Offline Agent W

Has anyone used a home testing kit, and how much bother is it to administer?

I used one a few years ago. I got it sent to my work (anonymous package so no issues) and did the blood sample in the toilet, which was a bit of a chore but at the time there weren't any better options. Getting a urine sample first thing in the morning was also tricky as I had to smuggle the collection jar home and try to pee in it without turning the bathroom light on. (The particular kit I used said it should be the first pee of the day, assuming you slept all night, not a particularly safe assumption when you're 50+ I can tell you, hence an early hours sample jar challenge.) A proper clinic is far better if you can get to one, unfortunately not everyone can.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 12:30:42 pm by Agent W »

Online WARSZAWA16

The following recent thread regarding home testing may be of interest to those that missed it first time round:

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=226584.0

Offline rockville

has anyone used a home testing kit, and how much bother is it to administer?

I've used home testing kits loads of times, previously via SH24 collecting it from the clinic in Camberwell but unfortunately they don't have that service anymore.
The last couple of times have been via SHL, register online and they send through the post.
The tests are easy to do, although the blood test is hit and miss for me, sometimes it drips out no problem and other times it's a ballache.

Offline Ratchet25

You can also book on-line for an appointment or call.  Staff were really helpful and not judgmental.  Waiting room got quite packed though within 10 mins of doors opening.

Offline Anadin

I only do the mail in thing now, have done for about a year now screw wasting half a day to do something I can at home in 5 minutes. It's really easy, just watch & follow the Youtube tutorial and it goes smoothly.

External Link/Members Only

Offline drwho

Yep another +1 for shl.uk home testing kits.
You tick a few basic questions which determines the type of test box they send you.
On my 2nd test I ticked I had sex with men (I don't)
That time a larger box arrived (still fits through the letterbox)

With the gay kit you get in addition to blood and urine a throat swab and another identical long cotton bud for your ass. Don't see much point in the latter for me but I do it anyway. They also give you a condom, but I haven't tried it for feel yet- probably thick as wellies.

You can use a fake name, have it delivered to a work address or elect to preorder and pick up at a clinic.

I've done it 3 times now and only struggled to draw blood the 2nd time, and then it just took a 2nd lance on a different finger.
Tip is to warm your hands first. Preferably do it after a shower.

Once you've set up your account its easy to refer back. They remind you of the tests limitations to the time after exposure.
It's easy to log in on your phone and show a WG/potential partner albeit with absolute no guarantee of detection of anything picked up in the last 4 weeks or so....just like any other test at a clinic.

..and it's totally free of charge

Offline magnetico

elect to preorder and pick up at a clinic.
Cheers, that's a good plan

Gordon Bennet

I recently booked into this place. I booked my appointment at a set time and did not have to wait around at all. So much better than a waiting around at a walk-in.