Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Religious symbols  (Read 57367 times)

Offline Marmalade

Some clarity (I hope)…

“Spiritual” I’d define as a private thing, between a person and his or her God
(from ‘spiritus’ to do with the spirit or breath of life)

‘Religious’ is something shared with others, binding them together
(from re - ligo to bind or join together again)

If everyone is of the same religion, religious symbols are attractive: if not, then they are by their nature ‘hostile’, even though many people will ignore them or not find them offensive.
(This is not prejudicial — any more than someone trying to be your best buddy who you don’t particularly want to be best buddy with).

I don’t think this changes if someone wears say a cross or a swastika or a star of david merely as jewellery, or the fact that they can apply to religions or ideas other than those with which they are commonly associated. These are simply physical facts. In other cases when the symbol is so generalised - such as a symbol of the Sun — they are only meaningful to the wearer so don’t count as religious symbols.

Christians are not usually seen as a threat in this country by most people today so the cross has been politely tolerated for a long time. (This is becoming otherwise one some South American countries with the rise of dangerous evangelics.) The rise of militant Islamism has made us more aware of religious symbols as many people feel threatened in certain circumstances. Jewish symbols are not generally offensive unless one feels embittered about the Palestinian situation.

I don’t see any justification for religious symbols outside of the temple or church or chapel of the corresponding religion. If you believe something, that virgins have babies or there’s men on the moon, you’re welcome to your unscientific belief in the privacy of your own place. When you thrust it on others it becomes a) a potential source of conflict or at very least an espousal of unscientific attitude. Such things have no place in a modern civilised society.

Offline The0neAnd0nly

Respectfully disagree with you MM, I've no issues with anywhere wearing a religious or spiritual symbol of any kind nor do I think that there is no place in society for them.

You are correct certain symbols may cause someone distress or conflict however the whole point of many peoples faith is to be proud and to display it openly. Why should people hide or be embarrassed by their beliefs just because it may make someone uncomfortable?

Where do we draw the line - football shirts, tattoos, band shirts? All these could equally be seen as conflict but I'd argue as of less importance then someones spiritual or religious beliefs.

End of the day Ive met nice Christians, Muslims and Jewish people and equally nasty ones. I've met lovely atheists and horrible ones too. I dont think it's a peoples beliefs that make them a shit stain on humanity its their own moral code and respect for humans around them.

Anyway just my opinion of course everyone is entitled to theirs!

Offline The0neAnd0nly

Just to also point out that I agree with you MM that no one should thrust their beliefs on someone else however I dont believe wearing something that shows ones faith does so.

Also the argument about science isnt a strong one IMO, everyone has their own beliefs whether it's a higher power, gravity, the origins of life etc.

Offline Horizontal pleasures

I started this thread as I see a contradiction between religious symbols worn by ladies and punting with them. It is the context.

Offline Marmalade

Respectfully disagree with you MM, I've no issues with anywhere wearing a religious or spiritual symbol of any kind nor do I think that there is no place in society for them.

You are correct certain symbols may cause someone distress or conflict however the whole point of many peoples faith is to be proud and to display it openly. Why should people hide or be embarrassed by their beliefs just because it may make someone uncomfortable?

Where do we draw the line - football shirts, tattoos, band shirts? All these could equally be seen as conflict but I'd argue as of less importance then someones spiritual or religious beliefs.

End of the day Ive met nice Christians, Muslims and Jewish people and equally nasty ones. I've met lovely atheists and horrible ones too. I dont think it's a peoples beliefs that make them a shit stain on humanity its their own moral code and respect for humans around them.

Anyway just my opinion of course everyone is entitled to theirs!

Oops — I started writing a technical answer on my phone but pressed the wrong button and lost the lot. But if you re-read what I wrote originally you’ll see it’s only about the symbol not the person.

Offline The_Don

Hidden Image/Members OnlyHidden Image/Members Only

GFE NICCOL
Dagenham, London
£60/1hr incall
External Link/Members Only

Hidden Image/Members OnlyHidden Image/Members OnlyHidden Image/Members Only

Profile clearly been swapped (2 different W/G pictured between main profile and gallery pages)

External Link/Members Only or External Link/Members Only

+447471188390    

15 Mins "quickie"
BDSM
BDSM (giving)
Cross Dressing
Deep Throat
Depilation
Dinner Dates
Domination
Domination (giving)
Face Sitting
Facials
Female Ejaculation
Fetish
FFM 3Somes
Fingering/Finger Play
Food Sex/Sploshing
Foot Worship
French Kissing (discretion)
Hand Relief
Humiliation (giving)
Lapdancing
Massage
Modeling
Moresomes
Naturism/Nudism
Oral
Oral without (at discretion)
Oral without Protection
Parties
Penetration (Protected)
Receiving Oral
Rimming (receiving)
Role Play & Fantasy
Smoking (Fetish)
Snowballing
Spanking
Spanking (giving)
Spanking (receiving)
Striptease
Tantric
Tie & Tease
Uniforms

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline PumpDump

If you believe something, that virgins have babies or there’s men on the moon, you’re welcome to your unscientific belief in the privacy of your own place.

Unscientific? I beg to differ  :lol:

Scientists say they have documented the first virgin birth in a crocodile. And while the concept may sound bizarre to humans, this type of reproduction is not unheard of across the animal kingdom, according to researchers.

The crocodile in question, named Coquita, had been living alone in a Costa Rican zoo called Parque Reptilandia for 16 years before laying a very special clutch of eggs in 2018. One of those eggs was later found to contain a fully formed crocodile fetus, despite the fact that Coquita had lived virtually her entire life in isolation. There was almost no chance she had consorted with male crocodiles.

Offline Andywb

Unscientific? I beg to differ  :lol:

Parthenogenesis is quite widespread across invertebrate taxa (although still not common). Among vertebrates it occurs in some snakes and lizards, but is unknown in humans (other than Jesus of course).