Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Another Smartphone Warning - WhatsApp  (Read 3331 times)

Offline wheeliebinwanking

So I think I am pretty good at covering tracks with punting phones, emails, etc. All password protected and hidden

But I just brought out my punting phone and realised it was dead (an old HTC). I was about to chuck the whole lot away but then I had a look in the memory card.

I wasn't expecting anything at all as I don't take photos  :hi: or do anything like that

Low and behold, I opens up the file on the little computer and I find a WhatsApp folder, I click onto Media and all the filthy WG and SB photos were there. Along with a random voicenote from an uptight masseuse who didn't know what 'Edging' was.

Moral of the story, encrypt your memory cards! It's unlikely phone would have been found but it's something I genuinely didn't think about

WBW

ickydicky

moral of the story is get a ten quid pay as you go mobile. buy with cash and top up with cash. smart phones as punting phones are not for smart guys. fed up saying it

Offline Anadin

Yup learn how your tech works and check what your apps are doing, then you don't have to go back to the dark ages like some folk here think is necessary.

ickydicky

Yup learn how your tech works and check what your apps are doing, then you don't have to go back to the dark ages like some folk here think is necessary.

aye well on you all go. smart guys with smart phones. what could possibly go wrong. charge in. see how smart you are if you make a wee mistake and get caught

Offline Anadin

aye well on you all go. smart guys with smart phones. what could possibly go wrong. charge in. see how smart you are if you make a wee mistake and get caught

Mistake like what and caught by whom?

ickydicky

oh for those who have them. or hoors finding out who you are. but you are a smart guy. so you and and your smart phone just carry on.

Offline Bangers and Gash

moral of the story is get a ten quid pay as you go mobile. buy with cash and top up with cash. smart phones as punting phones are not for smart guys. fed up saying it

+1  :thumbsup:

Plenty of people on here think they're too damn clever to get busted. The archives tell a slightly different story.

:hi:

ickydicky

+1  :thumbsup:

Plenty of people on here think they're too damn clever to get busted. The archives tell a slightly different story.

:hi:

correct. fuck them

Offline Dicky

Pretty sure thats what someone said about the internet as well...cards in telephone booth are so much safer...lol

Back to the topic...what a great reminder.  I find whatsapp very convenient for chatting with girls.  On your punting phone, set your whatsapp to not backup chats at all and I delete the chat with the girl unless I plan to see her again (then I usually keep the address bit).  Definitely do NOT open your facebook or twitter accounts from there unless you have separate punting accounts there as well.

ClarkeOfTheCourse

Also change the default WhatsApp settings that save every photo you receive to your phones memory  :dash: :dash: :dash:

Also change the default WhatsApp settings that save every photo you receive to your phones memory  :dash: :dash: :dash:

Cheers Clark and Dicky. . .

I do like WhatsApp, it's very good for setting up meets but I wasn't sure of WhatsApp default settings. Having said that I think if you connected a phone to a computer it may read the internal memory as well? I think you'd need to encrypt the entire phone. I'll set my next punting phone up properly!

But I thought it's worth sharing as a timely reminder. . .

WBW

Offline Dicky

I use a blackberry as a punting phone. Those things although not selling like hot cakes anymore, are tighter than a gnat's asshole when it comes to security. Mine opens up with a password and if the incorrect pw is used more than 5 times, it wipes the phone and the memory with it. I have only google maps (make sure never to sign in) and whatsapp installed on it by way of apps.

I use a blackberry as a punting phone. Those things although not selling like hot cakes anymore, are tighter than a gnat's asshole when it comes to security. Mine opens up with a password and if the incorrect pw is used more than 5 times, it wipes the phone and the memory with it. I have only google maps (make sure never to sign in) and whatsapp installed on it by way of apps.

Nice one. I forgot about good old Blackberry's. I've actually got one as well but it's non smart so don't use it as my punting phone. But love the auto wipe when you get the password wrong.

Which model do you have? I guess I am looking for the naffest BB that is smart and will allow WhatsApp and GMaps (I never sign in, even with my punting gmail account)

WBW

Offline Anadin

oh for those who have them. or hoors finding out who you are. but you are a smart guy. so you and and your smart phone just carry on.

Ta! I shall, my punting phone may be smart but it's still a punting phone, assuming someone unlocked it you couldn't find anything about me from it. Plus if I really cared and lost it, I can remote wipe it.

Not going back to ancient tech.

Offline Dicky

Nice one. I forgot about good old Blackberry's. I've actually got one as well but it's non smart so don't use it as my punting phone. But love the auto wipe when you get the password wrong.

Which model do you have? I guess I am looking for the naffest BB that is smart and will allow WhatsApp and GMaps (I never sign in, even with my punting gmail account)

WBW

Its a BB curve...not sure which model exactly..was my main phone till I got on to the Iphone bandwagon finally a few years back.   Still works like a dream, is really slim/small and tonnes of battery life.

Cheers. Seen a couple on fleabay for sub £20 can't argue with that

Will get one bought

Offline Zeusthedoc

Its a BB curve...not sure which model exactly..was my main phone till I got on to the Iphone bandwagon finally a few years back.   Still works like a dream, is really slim/small and tonnes of battery life.

Yours is a couple of years old a still works like a dream? Mine were Shit out if the box. Bold, Curve and everything between.

Offline paul_2407

Not even sure why you have whatsapp linked to your punting phone number. Glad you sorted it out

Because What'sApp is a great way to interact with providers. Much better than SMS. Easy exchange of photos to get the juices flowing etc

I ended up getting a BB 9320 if anyone is interested. eBay £15 delivered. I don't sign into BB World..went to whatspp.com and it allows you to download app directly.

I've also encrypted the entire phone and sim card. That'll do for me

WBW

Offline dubs

That's all well and good until you try to send a text on the numeric keypad and the girl cancels the booking in the time it takes to write "im 4on mny waaay u p"

That's all well and good until you try to send a text on the numeric keypad and the girl cancels the booking in the time it takes to write "im 4on mny waaay u p"

:lol:

Offline noutathome

I too use a BB but Whatsapp will no longer be available on them after 31.12.16 - shite!!

Offline Daffodil

Pro and cons I guess when talking about a cheap Nokia or smartphone for punting.

If you're going to use a smartphone I'd suggest really getting to know the tech. I'm pretty tech savvy, but have been almost caught out numerous times with smartphones/laptops/etc. I switched from an iPhone to an android, as the partner is all Apple so I figured would be less able to navigate it, but was still surprised by the number of pitfalls.

Offline Happylad

If the Banks and Building Societies, and companies like TalkTalk can`t keep their customers and their accounts 100% safe from hacking and fraud, then what chance has a mere Punter with a Smartphone

£10 Nokia for me every time, and no pictures.