Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Smartphones and Google  (Read 1741 times)

Offline wheeliebinwanking

Specifically Google Location History...

All good and well using a punting phone, but I still take my main phone with me. Is this a mistake? Should I leave it somewhere? ?

I noticed that if you have a google account (mandatory for many android phones), google is constantly keeping dabs on you. Although the app doesn't share you location per se, if you go to google and type in 'location history' and log in...ALL your movements for the the last wee while is clearly displayed with timestamps and all.

If your OH knows your email password, it's quite easy to effectively track you. Even scarier, if you've switched location history off, it's fairly easy via the console to enable it or re-enable it.

OK, the latter scenario is unlikely, but not impossible. Beware folks

WBW

tonysoprano

Another reason not to get married. Might as well just have a fucking ball and chain around your neck.

firth

Another reason not to get married. Might as well just have a fucking ball and chain around your neck.

I CAME IN LIKE A WRECKING BALL
I NEVER HIT SO HARD IN LAAAAAVVEE

Offline Cuntminion

I didn't realize my kindle linked my Google searches to my Google plus and I was signed in to it for three months

Schoolboy error

I don't know where the info goes or what it means but pretty sure my privacy has been lessened but I don't give a fuck either way  :unknown:

Offline ArtVandalay

I tend to switch the main phone off once I've left my area of "where I should be". Since I normally punt in London that simply means switching the phone off as I enter the tube network and then it stays off until I re-emerge from the tube post punt.
Otherwise it's just phone off, any questions as to why my phone was going to voice mail can be answered by... I have no idea, must have been a network issue.

I use an old google phone which isn't signed into google as my punting phone (factory reset after every punt) so if I need navigation or internet it's there to hand.

Type_O_Negative

I didn't realize my kindle linked my Google searches to my Google plus and I was signed in to it for three months

Schoolboy error

I don't know where the info goes or what it means but pretty sure my privacy has been lessened but I don't give a fuck either way  :unknown:

It goes to Google servers and then to NSA (National Security Agency). Google is a SPY No. 1 in these days (but Apple and Microsoft spy us too).

Offline Cuntminion

It goes to Google servers and then to NSA (National Security Agency). Google is a SPY No. 1 in these days (but Apple and Microsoft spy us too).

:D

They prob don't care then

Offline dizietsmae

Well that was fun, just looked through all my location history on google and there are all my punts.... and now I've deleted it!!!!!!

Offline Cuntminion

Well that was fun, just looked through all my location history on google and there are all my punts.... and now I've deleted it!!!!!!

:lol:

Offline Kamaka

Could never understand why my ex-girlfriend would often phone me asking what I was doing when I was away on a punt.
I think I know now. Also explains why she in an 'ex'!

Offline shagbambi

Which explains why we are all so very fond of our basic nokia phones.

carefree

I can't believe anyone has a WAG who is that paranoid, Jesus I thought my missus was bad :lol:

Offline dizietsmae

I can't believe anyone has a WAG who is that paranoid, Jesus I thought my missus was bad :lol:

Mine isn't paranoid in the slightest, but this is only due to my own paranoia   :drinks:

Offline nigel4498

iPhone logs all the locations you have been to in Privacy ( work that one out ).
You can clear it but I just disable it and switch GPS off.
That way no one knows where you've been.

carefree

Mine isn't paranoid in the slightest, but this is only due to my own paranoia   :drinks:

And that's a completely fair comment, however having read a few threads on here it's quite clear that some guys are married to very inquisitive and paranoid types, as if life wasn't complicated enough......fuck that :timeout:

Offline smiths

Specifically Google Location History...

All good and well using a punting phone, but I still take my main phone with me. Is this a mistake? Should I leave it somewhere? ?

I noticed that if you have a google account (mandatory for many android phones), google is constantly keeping dabs on you. Although the app doesn't share you location per se, if you go to google and type in 'location history' and log in...ALL your movements for the the last wee while is clearly displayed with timestamps and all.

If your OH knows your email password, it's quite easy to effectively track you. Even scarier, if you've switched location history off, it's fairly easy via the console to enable it or re-enable it.

OK, the latter scenario is unlikely, but not impossible. Beware folks

WBW

I use a basis phone for punting as I don't need anything else, in my view its wise for punters to be aware of all the functions of their smart phones in case there is something on it that could catch them out with a partner.

Offline Sonny Crockett

I don't give a damn............................... Google Maps is absolutely essential for me when I punt........................ This enables me to pinpoint the lady's exact location after she gives me her postcode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline itk

Which explains why we are all so very fond of our basic nokia phones.
+1. Nokia 3310  :D

LOL!

Guys, let me be clear. This is a bit of a doomsday scenario I've explained. But I just wanted to highlight it's very possible / easy. Especially if your WAG knows your password.

Also, please note that this goes beyond 'using an old brick as a punting phone' as it's your main phone that will track you via Google (i normally keep mine on my person (in car for example)). Also, turning off location (ie GPS) still doesn't work, as google has magical ways to still track you!

THE ONLY WAY TO STOP GOOGLE TRACKING IS TO DISABLE LOCATION HISTORY CONSENT IN SETTINGS AND CHECK EVERY SO OFTEN TO ENSURE IT'S REMAINS OFF.

An article explaining a whole lot better than me

External Link/Members Only

Offline OakTree

LOL!

Guys, let me be clear. This is a bit of a doomsday scenario I've explained. But I just wanted to highlight it's very possible / easy. Especially if your WAG knows your password.

Also, please note that this goes beyond 'using an old brick as a punting phone' as it's your main phone that will track you via Google (i normally keep mine on my person (in car for example)). Also, turning off location (ie GPS) still doesn't work, as google has magical ways to still track you!

THE ONLY WAY TO STOP GOOGLE TRACKING IS TO DISABLE LOCATION HISTORY CONSENT IN SETTINGS AND CHECK EVERY SO OFTEN TO ENSURE IT'S REMAINS OFF.

Or you could just not take it with you.

If her indoors is going to such lengths to catch you out, chances are she's already on to you and in that case a sabbatical is probably in order till the dust settles.

Offline mcardle464

It is my understanding that all mobile phones smart and non-smart track you all the time (via the relay masts).  Some apparently send location signals even if switched off. I do find the intrusion of surveillance into everything we do rather intrusive.

Offline smiths

It is my understanding that all mobile phones smart and non-smart track you all the time (via the relay masts).  Some apparently send location signals even if switched off. I do find the intrusion of surveillance into everything we do rather intrusive.

The authorities COULD track any mobile if they choose to that's for sure. But as at present paying for sex isn't illegal the most they could do is store that info. My concern is a partner catching me out, not the authorities whoever they are knowing I punt though I would rather they didn't. This country has slowly but surely accepted Orwells 1984, in the future some time will be 24/7 survellience, hopefully when I am long dead, sold to the public on if you haven't got anything to hide, whats the problem.

I take the battery out of my punting phone when its not in use, and the phone and sim arent easily traceable to me, no paper trail as I bought the phone second hand and top-up in cash. So yes they could trace me but unless I am wanted for committing a crime I doubt they would bother. One other possible reason the police might want to trace me is a WG I punted with or enquired to got attacked or worse god forbid.

The authorities COULD track any mobile if they choose to that's for sure. But as at present paying for sex isn't illegal the most they could do is store that info. My concern is a partner catching me out, not the authorities whoever they are knowing I punt though I would rather they didn't. This country has slowly but surely accepted Orwells 1984, in the future some time will be 24/7 survellience, hopefully when I am long dead, sold to the public on if you haven't got anything to hide, whats the problem.

I take the battery out of my punting phone when its not in use, and the phone and sim arent easily traceable to me, no paper trail as I bought the phone second hand and top-up in cash. So yes they could trace me but unless I am wanted for committing a crime I doubt they would bother. One other possible reason the police might want to trace me is a WG I punted with or enquired to got attacked or worse god forbid.

Yes, this particular problem is two fold... 1.What Google are tracking and who they're selling it to? and for what purpose? 2. Being busted by WAG due to some level of tracking 'On your PERSONAL' phone you may not have been aware of.

I've personally got nothing to worry about, but I am just calling it out. Least you can do is go and delete the history points. Leaving the normal phone in a completely different postcode or pulling the battery for 1-2hrs isn't always workable.

But in terms of the forces finding you, the moment you switch on your phone the network providers know exactly where you are. So if you switch on a Punting phone at home for example, they can easily trace you

WBW

Offline Turtle1

You are aware that iphones track your movment and store it in its database. I could look at one of your phones and tell you where youve been for the last 3 days.

You gotta turn all this off. just watch a youtube vid. As for maps, well you can log out of google plus and still use it. or better yet use a diffrent map. plenty of free ones to use.