Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: iPad v mac - help  (Read 1219 times)

Punter

Some help please

I use my iPad for all my UKP correspondence, keep everything password protected and am careful about closing down and logging off.

So I,m fucking amazed when I log onto thr family mac, safari  and find I'm logged my UKP account on the screen.

How did this happen?
How can I prevent this happening again?

Offline OakTree

Did you log in to both devices with the same username, password?

aud6jag

you are probably using the same apple ID and sharing the same iCloud

Punter

Both devises have separate usernames and passwords

But yes they're both on the same cloud

aud6jag

best resetting your iPad and restart it as a new device with a new apple ID which should give you a separate iCloud

Online Bagman

Are you logged into iCloud on all those devices?

To delete the password

Go to your Mac, Open Safari - Select the Safari Tab at the top, preferences, then passwords, find UKP, and select remove

One of the good thing about mac's, but not so good if you're trying to be secretive. I'm single so have no problem, but even then, if I'm going to be around family/friends, and there is any chance my macbook may be picked up, or used to stream movies or anything, I make sure I reset my safari beforehand (which you could also do, but if others are using it they may wonder why someone has deleted everything and arouse even more suspicion)

Offline bangstick

make sure in icloud you don't have safari and keychain set to sync.

Offline heisenberg.

Why don't you just go into 'Private' browsing mode using Safari on your ipad?  :rolleyes:

Offline scoobyboy72

I have my iPad on permanent private browsing as I have a Mac too
Banned reason: Requested in pm to Admin
Banned by: Head1

Barry Shipton

As well as turning off iCloud as suggested above I would also recommend getting a different browser on your iPad or iPhone - not using Safari or the ones like Chrome which compromise your privacy.

There are loads where you can set all the privacy settings to the max - like iCabmobile, which can be set to instantly log out after a few seconds/minutes of inactivity and wipe all browser history, cookies etc. so if someone picks it up it goes blank even if you were logged in to the likes of AW or UKP.

Offline kingsland

Why don't you just go into 'Private' browsing mode using Safari on your ipad?  :rolleyes:

^this.

When browsing this site and AW, I am always using private/incognito browsing.

Offline Marmalade

Apple products just love what you love haha. They are obsessed (like Google) with sharing things with your 'friends' (some friendship if you need an internat giant to fucking help you share someting duh). Do you not use a cheap or free VPN? Easy enough to put somewhere not too obvious on your machine. Then use a separate browser that connects and syncs with FuckAll, makes private browsing either a default or very easy and (unlike some browsers) is fast and obvious to clear any accidental history, cookies and so on. Check your TimeMachine occasionally (who really needs dozens of backups every few hours since time immemorial??) For rmobiles, thee are suites that include decoys (like a safe browser) and let you into a VPN or DuckDuckGo browser after inputting a code or gesture.Enjoy. Buy your ball-n-chain some distraction material (flowers from tescos are cheap).

Offline Marmalade

Sorry I'm not well up on iPad differences but most of what works on iPhones I understand works on iPads, at least enough stuff to remain fresh.  :drinks:

Offline thaislave

get proper equipment,it's like youre wondering why fisher price doesnt work like black & decker

Online Zeusthedoc

get proper equipment,it's like youre wondering why fisher price doesnt work like black & decker

his 'fisher price' goods are good-enough to do the job he needs....that being said - he needs to be a bit more savvy with how he uses them.

Private Browsing (Safari)
Incognito Mode (Chrome)
InPrivate Browsing (Internet Explorer)
Private Browsing (Firefox)