Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: When did AdultWork start?  (Read 1992 times)

Offline NIK

Does anyone know what year AW started? I would guess around 2003/4 but I may be way out. Maybe it was much earlier?

Offline mh

Does anyone know what year AW started? I would guess around 2003/4 but I may be way out. Maybe it was much earlier?

Domain name record shows: Creation Date: 19-feb-2000

Offline NIK

Domain name record shows: Creation Date: 19-feb-2000

Thanks. I expect it didn't really take off for a few years though. I certainly didn't use it until maybe around 2005.
As I said earlier I expect some younger punters find it amazing we once had to do without AW at all.

UKP might have improved punting but AW certainly hasn't.

Offline TKovac

Maybe it's not made a difference down south but here in Edinburgh it definitely has.  Prior to adultwork turning up the independent scene here was almost non existent.  Sure it could still improve definitely though better than it was in the late 90s
Banned reason: Excessive abuse to helpful member, ignored repeated requests to apologise
Banned by: daviemac

Offline mrfishyfoo

........I expect some younger punters find it amazing we once had to do without AW at all.

Yeah streetwalkers, adverts in the local free-ads and the back of the Sunday Sport.

Them were the days.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh and of course there were many more semi-reasonable parlours than what there are now.  :dash: :dash:

Offline webpunter

CarlyG has been on AW since 2005 External Link/Members Only  I can't recall seeing any current burds on AW with 'member since' stretching this far back

Offline LurkNoMore

And i bet she is still the same age  :D

Offline stayer

It started as adultwork.co.uk. Here is a snapshot from August 2003.
External Link/Members Only

Offline TKovac

Oldest female profile seems to be

Member since 2003. Wouldn't touch her with a barge pole though
Banned reason: Excessive abuse to helpful member, ignored repeated requests to apologise
Banned by: daviemac

Offline dubs

And i bet she is still the same age  :D

...and using the same pictures.

Offline Ali Katt

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 28
Thanks. I expect it didn't really take off for a few years though. I certainly didn't use it until maybe around 2005.
As I said earlier I expect some younger punters find it amazing we once had to do without AW at all.

UKP might have improved punting but AW certainly hasn't.
In 2008 I was still using Punterlinks who remembers them?

Offline Plan R

If anyone's into the history, all the way back to roman times, of UK Brass Rubbing (which I am), the author E.J. Burford has written a couple of great books: 
(1). London (The Synfulle Citie)  and  (2). The Orrible Synne
They make interesting reading, particularly to the modern day practitioner.

In the above engraving, a foreign dignitary in London in the 1100s visits a brothel.
The young nobleman is attended (even in this act) by his Jester, who feigns horror at the proceedings, while slyly peeping through his fingers..

(Cough!)..I never said I was normal...  :crazy: 

Offline webpunter

'Sur la plage' on the Isle of Wight  :scare:

They are inbreds over there so par for the course
Plenty of seamen coming into Pompey docks for the taking  :lol:

Oldest female profile seems to be

Member since 2003. Wouldn't touch her with a barge pole though

milo

Does anyone know what year AW started?
This is the thread when a similar question was asked in 2015 -
https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=69611

mediumjoe

Hi Plan R,  I thought that was your avatar coming through the door with a helmet on just for a second, at first glance it looks a little bit like a space suit that he has on.
Brass rubbing! :D :D

Offline webpunter

NIK is just getting a bit forgetful in his old age  :lol:

This is the thread when a similar question was asked in 2015 -
https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=69611

Offline NIK

Yes I had forgotten I had started this, but as you can see my opinion of Aw is consistent!

Offline Plan R

Hi MediumJoe, yes that sounds about my lot - to be descended from the Jester not the nobleman !

Offline russell sprout

If anyone's into the history, all the way back to roman times, of UK Brass Rubbing (which I am), the author E.J. Burford has written a couple of great books: 
(1). London (The Synfulle Citie)  and  (2). The Orrible Synne
They make interesting reading, particularly to the modern day practitioner.

In the above engraving, a foreign dignitary in London in the 1100s visits a brothel.
The young nobleman is attended (even in this act) by his Jester, who feigns horror at the proceedings, while slyly peeping through his fingers..

(Cough!)..I never said I was normal...  :crazy:

Lol! Yeah, I've rubbed a few brasses in my time  :hi:

Offline webpunter

Bet you are an expert in all forms of rubbing  :sarcastic:  :lol:

If anyone's into the history, all the way back to roman times, of UK Brass Rubbing (which I am)