Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: What's with keeping your underwear on at legit places?  (Read 3194 times)

Offline rods_n_cones

Is this a thing in the UK, that you keep your underwear on at legitimate massage places?  Is this just Asian massage parlours?  I've never had a massage in my life with my underwear on (in the US) until I came to the UK, and every one of those was a professional massage.

Damn it, I want the professional massage therapists to be able to massage my entire body, and it's more comfortable too.  I've tried just taking them my pants off twice and once was told to put them back on; it's not that kind of place!!!

What the hell is going on over here?!

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Is this a thing in the UK, that you keep your underwear on at legitimate massage places?  Is this just Asian massage parlours?  I've never had a massage in my life with my underwear on (in the US) until I came to the UK, and every one of those was a professional massage.

Damn it, I want the professional massage therapists to be able to massage my entire body, and it's more comfortable too.  I've tried just taking them my pants off twice and once was told to put them back on; it's not that kind of place!!!

You've answered your own question, it's quite normal to keep your underwear on in legit massage places, if want a naturalist style of massage go to a place that advertises it. Otherwise stay within the boundaries set by the provider.

Offline dieseldriver

How about this then. I'm having treatment at a legit clinic for sciatica. The chiropractor assigned to me is a female. Good looker too that I wouldn't mind having a massage from. I have my appointment dates up to end of September, and the treatment on those days. But! On the days treatment is a massage, she won't be doing it. A male chiropractic has been assigned. Making sure no requests for 'extras' perhaps?

Offline Lou2019

• Service Provider
How about this then. I'm having treatment at a legit clinic for sciatica. The chiropractor assigned to me is a female. Good looker too that I wouldn't mind having a massage from. I have my appointment dates up to end of September, and the treatment on those days. But! On the days treatment is a massage, she won't be doing it. A male chiropractic has been assigned. Making sure no requests for 'extras' perhaps?

Sounds like you made her feel uncomfortable? it’s a legit clinic fgs not every service provider is up for it   :rolleyes: Go somewhere where extras are available.

Online RandomGuy99

Or perhaps it is standard practice at the place as patients may be more comfortable having the massage done by someone of the same sex or maybe the chiropractors aren't trained in massage and they have a contract with a male masseuse to do the massages or maybe she is on holiday or she doesn't like you or she is picking her kids up at the time of your appointment or she only does massages for people's whose surname ends in f.

Me thinks you are reading too much into it.

I've had sports massages done my female therapists. She tapped me up and gor me to do exercises. Just get the treatment done and stop thinking everything is about sex ffs!!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 11:09:17 am by RandomGuy99 »

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
You've already mentioned this on another thread and you really need to get the thoughts of extras out of your head, you are having medical treatment so perhaps you need to learn that a chiropractor is different to a massage therapist which is why you will see two different people, it has nothing to do with people like you asking for extras.

Offline Lou2019

• Service Provider
You've already mentioned this on another thread and you really need to get the thoughts of extras out of your head, you are having medical treatment so perhaps you need to learn that a chiropractor is different to a massage therapist which is why you will see two different people, it has nothing to do with people like you asking for extras.

Predatory behaviour, I hope they stop treating him!

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
Posts and threads like his just go to show what NHS and other medical staff have to put up with whilst going about their everyday job of treating people.

There's 1,000's of places to go to get massages with extras where you are fully naked along with in many cases the masseuse is as well, the one's that don't should be respected.

Offline Lou2019

• Service Provider
Posts and threads like his just go to show what NHS and other medical staff have to put up with whilst going about their everyday job of treating people.

There's 1,000's of places to go to get massages with extras where you are fully naked along with in many cases the masseuse is as well, the one's that don't should be respected.

Thanks DM I do wonder sometimes if I’m being over sensitive about these things, so always good when men support these concerns.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 11:45:58 am by Lou2019 »

Offline Lou2019

• Service Provider

Just get the treatment done and stop thinking everything is about sex ffs!!

:thumbsup:

Offline Thephoenix

Tbf I'm a big fan of all types of massage including legit.

If I haven't been before I'll usually wait for the masseuse to give me some instructions/guidance as to clothing.
Some will request that I leave my underwear on, but definitely not all.

If no instructions are given I will remove my underwear and cover my modesty with the towel that's often provided.
Some legit masseuses actually prefer you to remove your boxers as they can inhibit the massage particularly as in lomi lomi style.
In those cases they are deft at arranging and rearranging the towel as they see fit.

So it's not correct to say they all ask you to leave underwear on.
It varies, but it's important to have respect and follow the guidance.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 12:47:15 pm by Thephoenix »

Offline rods_n_cones

In the US they always say disrobe to your comfort level.  They prefer you naked but if you are uncomfortable you can leave your underwear on. They then are careful to keep you covered nicely, leaving only the bits being worked on exposed.

I would have thought the UK would be more progressive on this, but perhaps it is just the Asian places that have a pants-on policy and more “clinical” massage places are more like the US.

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
In the US they always say disrobe to your comfort level.  They prefer you naked but if you are uncomfortable you can leave your underwear on. They then are careful to keep you covered nicely, leaving only the bits being worked on exposed.

I would have thought the UK would be more progressive on this, but perhaps it is just the Asian places that have a pants-on policy and more “clinical” massage places are more like the US.
Legit places get sick of people asking for extras, even when it's obvious they aren't on offer so to avoid any misunderstanding they say leave your boxers on. You only have to look at posts on this thread where a bloke's going to a chiropractor where massages are part of the treatment.

You can't compare the USA to this country, prostitution is illegal there whereas here it isn't.

BTW nationality has nothing to do with places being legit or not, massage providers range from totally legit sports and medical establishments to ones that offer full service with everything in between catered for.

Online scutty brown

Chiropractic is fuck all to do with massage and the sooner you understand that the better.
It's to do with joint manipulation, much like an osoteopath but concentrating more on the spine. It's twisting, turning, squeezing, wrenching and pain. Trying to physically reseat and relocate bone-to-bone interstices. Not rubbing and massage.

Offline Munter84

Weird, I would have assumed that underwear-optional would be the norm, even at legit massage places? Obviously I'm not including accupuncture and osteopathic treatments here, but any massage that includes applying oil. I don't want my underwear getting soaked in grease any more than I'd want my shirt or socks to be dipped in oil. Also odd to hear that the US is apparenly less prudish than us on this score!

Been to a couple of places where the masseuse covered me with a towel, which is completely understandable if no extras are on the menu. I would never want to make a legit masseuse uncomfortable, but my comfort must count for something too.

Online RandomGuy99

Chiropractic is fuck all to do with massage and the sooner you understand that the better.
It's to do with joint manipulation, much like an osoteopath but concentrating more on the spine. It's twisting, turning, squeezing, wrenching and pain. Trying to physically reseat and relocate bone-to-bone interstices. Not rubbing and massage.
Chiropractors seem to love making your joints pop. It's all a bit worrying when they make your back pop.

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
Weird, I would have assumed that underwear-optional would be the norm, even at legit massage places? Obviously I'm not including accupuncture and osteopathic treatments here, but any massage that includes applying oil. I don't want my underwear getting soaked in grease any more than I'd want my shirt or socks to be dipped in oil. Also odd to hear that the US is apparenly less prudish than us on this score!

Been to a couple of places where the masseuse covered me with a towel, which is completely understandable if no extras are on the menu. I would never want to make a legit masseuse uncomfortable, but my comfort must count for something too.
I can't do any more to explain that the reason they tell you to keep underwear on is they get sick of being asked for extras, if you don't want to believe it that's up to you. It has nothing to do with being prudish, it's people like posters on this thread who can't accept that if they say keep the boxers on you keep them on.

It isn't rocket science, if you want to be naked go to a place that allows you to be naked, there's plenty of reviews in the massage review section and if you want more information there's pinned threads in some areas.

BTW the "Best genuine massage with happy ending" thread in the NE massage review section has 190 pages and at 1,512,742 Views is second only to "Suspected AdultWork Scams" by number of views across the whole site  So the information is there no need to push boundaries.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 04:12:37 pm by daviemac »

Offline Lou2019

• Service Provider

:dash: :dash: :dash:

Offline Colston36

An asinine, mannerless buffoon.

Online scutty brown

Once upon a time they'd had carried on treating him, feeding him cups of tea. With added sodium bromide........

Offline Milfman1112

Sounds like you made her feel uncomfortable? it’s a legit clinic fgs not every service provider is up for it   :rolleyes: Go somewhere where extras are available.

Have to agree,
Ive had a female for back/leg pain and there was never an issue,
The thought of anything sexual never entered my mind whilst with her and she was a looker,
I was there for medical attention and nothing elase,
Maybe you have said something, even in jest that you shouldnt have.....

Offline Milfman1112

Probably to emphasise to guys that there are no extras on offer as they are sick of people trying it on....
Not that hard to work out?

Online RedKettle

and more “clinical” massage places are more like the US.

I go to a couple of clinical places for massage (and nothing else, especially from the big muscles bloke) and it is always with underwear on.

Online stampjones

I go for legit massages mostly in thai places. As others have said I dont want my keks dowsed in oil and like the OP I find it uncomfortable getting massages with boxers on. Whenever Ive been asked to keep my boxers on (always by the receptionist) I explain that I find it uncomfortable and if thats the rule I’d rather not go through with the massage. In every case Ive been told its fine (they usually keep the towel on). There’s never been any hint of sexual stuff from me or the masseuse (other than one girl who instigated). So OP maybe try that. As long as you’re polite and dont try and push boundaries Im sure you’ll be fine.

Offline JontyR

If it's genuinely about worried about getting oil on your boxers, "comfort" or providing access to the glutes for legit practitioners then why not invest in a a pair of tangas or a thong?

Online mr.bluesky

Wear briefs ( budgie smugglers) less chance of getting oil on them. If the lady in question doing the massage is half competent she shouldn't get any oil on your underwear anyway  :unknown: Of the few "legit" places I've ever been to for a massage I've never encountered this problem before .
If I visit a new place and I'm not sure if it's legit or extras on offer I always wear my " budgie smugglers" for that very reason  :D
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 06:46:22 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline hairdownthere

My sister practices alternative holistic therapy for pain relief, she tells me that almost every day she gets asked if she'll get naked, give a wank, blow job or a shag whilst she's doing the therapy.  Says she even gets this from guys who can hardly move they are in that much pain.

She also says the hygiene (or lack of) is truly shocking!

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
My sister practices alternative holistic therapy for pain relief, she tells me that almost every day she gets asked if she'll get naked, give a wank, blow job or a shag whilst she's doing the therapy.  Says she even gets this from guys who can hardly move they are in that much pain.

Quite possibly some of the people posting on this thread, you'd be surprised how many boundary pushers there are, some even brag about it on here expecting a pat on the back.

Offline Thephoenix

That's a great shame.
I hope she refuses to see them.

Offline dieseldriver

Or perhaps it is standard practice at the place as patients may be more comfortable having the massage done by someone of the same sex or maybe the chiropractors aren't trained in massage and they have a contract with a male masseuse to do the massages or maybe she is on holiday or she doesn't like you or she is picking her kids up at the time of your appointment or she only does massages for people's whose surname ends in f.

Me thinks you are reading too much into it.

I've had sports massages done my female therapists. She tapped me up and gor me to do exercises. Just get the treatment done and stop thinking everything is about sex ffs!!

No, not the case. Wife always comes with me in case get pain in leg and can't drive. Then she can drive. And she comes into the treatment room with me. Got the list of appointments through the post few days following the first visit. Even if she weren't there wouldn't say anything stupid to cause offence. Just pleased she knows what she's doing. Probably standard practice to have same sex massurs as some patients might prefer that.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 09:24:37 am by daviemac »

Offline hairdownthere

That's a great shame.
I hope she refuses to see them.

She does, and if they ask during an appointment, she ends it there and then

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
No, not the case. Wife always comes with me in case get pain in leg and can't drive. Then she can drive. And she comes into the treatment room with me. Got the list of appointments through the post few days following the first visit. Even if she weren't there wouldn't say anything stupid to cause offence. Just pleased she knows what she's doing. Probably standard practice to have same sex massurs as some patients might prefer that.
Quite a bit of backtracking here, have you forgotten you started a thread with the title "Massage with extras legit clinic?" now all of a sudden your wife is in the room with you.  Not got the reaction you were expecting eh?

You still don't seem to understand that a masseur and chiropractor are two very different things, being the same sex as the patient has nothing to do with it.

Online RandomGuy99

This thread goes on and on.  It seems pretty simple to me.

If you want a legit massage or you need chiropractor treatment then go to a legit massage or chiropractor place.

If you want a vague attempt at a massage and a HE go to one of the many non-legit massage places where you asking for extras and you wanting to get your arse out is expected and tolerated.

It is not difficult to tell the difference between the two.

Don't mix the two up or you will just embarrass yourself and end up getting thrown out or the police called.

And if you want a shag just hire a professional SP who offers that service.

Basically you hire someone who offers the service you require e.g if you want some plumbing work done hire a plumber.

It's not really a difficult concept to understand.  :hi:
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 10:24:40 am by RandomGuy99 »

Offline IndigoRocks

• Service Provider

If you want a legit massage or you need chiropractor treatment then go to a legit massage or chiropractor place.

If you want a vague attempt at a massage and a HE go to one of the many non-legit massage places where you asking for extras and you wanting to get your arse out is expected and tolerated.

Don't mix the two up or you will just embarrass yourself and end up getting thrown out or the police called.

Basically you hire someone who offers the service you require e.g if you want some plumbing work done hire a plumber.

Very true.

Unfortunately some people have zero concept or respect for boundaries.

Online RedKettle

You are right except I have a couple of regulars who offer a proper full on deep tissue massage with a HE. But it was clear the first time that is what is on offer.  For me that is a great combination.

Offline dieseldriver

We all can fantasize about who we would like to have sexy fun with. But fantasy and reality are two different things. As seen in other posts on different forums. As far as I'm concerned, could be Miss Piggy giving the massage. So long as helps to take away the pain that's fine by me. Being kept awake throughout the night with throbbing pain in left leg and lower back is no fun!
If anyone else having this, how are you releaving the pain?

Online RandomGuy99

We all can fantasize about who we would like to have sexy fun with. But fantasy and reality are two different things. As seen in other posts on different forums. As far as I'm concerned, could be Miss Piggy giving the massage. So long as helps to take away the pain that's fine by me. Being kept awake throughout the night with throbbing pain in left leg and lower back is no fun!
Sounds like you have sciatica

External Link/Members Only

Could be a slipped disc or a trapped nerve.

Online Jonestown

Walking & co-codamol, I know not the best for nerve pain, but there you are.

Offline Lou2019

• Service Provider

No what you was saying the other day was it 🤔

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
I had it years ago and the doc gave me strong painkillers that were a combination of paracetamol and codeine, more recently I had a trapped nerve on the opposite side, phone 111 and they organised and appointment at the local hospital's urgent treatment centre where the Doc there gave me codeine but said I could take paracetamol with it.  Forgot to add, stretching exercises and keeping mobile as well. (They gave me an information sheet)

What has your doctor said.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 08:43:58 pm by daviemac »

Offline DastardlyDick

It's always possible that the masseuse has seen quite enough "last chickens in the shop"" and would prefer not to see any more - let's face it, once you reach a certain age, it's not a pretty sight down there!  :lol:

Online Jonestown

It's always possible that the masseuse has seen quite enough "last chickens in the shop"" and would prefer not to see any more - let's face it, once you reach a certain age, it's not a pretty sight down there!  :lol:

I wonder if they make female customers keep their knickers on.

Offline Milfman1112

Have you been to doctors,
I have similar thing in my thigh, caused by trapped nerve,
You have to go through physio, if still problems you can get injections,
Ive been getting injections for a few years now,
First time there we 21 down my back, looked like id been stitched up,
They now do nerve blocks, it doesnt work for everyone,
May be worth an enquiery?

Online MissWolf

• Service Provider
I wonder if they make female customers keep their knickers on.

All the legit places I've been have yes

Online scutty brown

Had it for a year until the gearbox failed in my car.
Problem was due to a stiff clutch and gearshift - I was subconsciously bracing the whole left side of my body to exert enough force to change gear. Doing that repeatedly caused nerve inflammation. Remove the cause and the problem went away

Offline Thephoenix

I've had acute sciatica where I couldn't even move or get out of bed for a while.
The doc prescribed 30 mg codeine and 20 mg amitriptyline.
Even that hardly touched the pain.

It's best to try and keep moving.
Ordinary massage is unlikely to help.

See your GP and to arrange an MRI scan as that's the only way to determine the extent of the disc and nerve damage.
I've been left with permanent nerve damage causing muscle weakness and numbness in my leg, but it's manageable without painkillers.
You'll likely be referred for physiotherapy which helps a bit, possibly injections and as a last resort surgery.
  Unfortunately it is a common degenerative condition and just a case of pain management.
The old advice was bed rest, but now it's the opposite.

Hope you get some relief mate.

Offline B4bcock

I had sciatica some years ago and was told one of the biggest causes of it in men is keeping their wallets in their back trouser pockets so that whenever they sit down their bodies are at a slight angle, compensating subconsciously for the lump on one side.  I had been doing this for years and, since stopping, my sciatica has never returned. 

Offline Darren101

I’ve been to both legit and non-legit. 

I’ve left my boxers on at both. They’ve been requested to come off at both by the SP. Especially if you’re getting an oily massage as it easier for the SP as they do massage the buttocks too and don’t have to worry about soaking your underwear with oil.  Some legit places insist on you too keep your undies on for the reasons mentioned already.  Customers assuming  extras are in offer and making the legit SP uncomfortable.  Also keeping them on means you won’t get excited as easily maybe or that’s what the SP is comfortable with.  :unknown: if those are the rules then just hope the massage is good and don’t push the boundaries.

Some of the legit ones fold the towel skillfully to  maneuvre it about to cover your privates  during a legit session. So it’s not all the same.  Different SPs, different rules.

How did chiropractors end up in this thread?  Thought that was all to do with your back/spine.  :wacko:

Offline dieseldriver

Sounds like you have sciatica

External Link/Members Only
Yes, that's why I was at the clinic. Rather pay than wait on a long queue not knowing if will ever get it looked at

Could be a slipped disc or a trapped nerve.

74lux
Yes, sciatica. That's why I went to the clinic. To get it sorted. With NHS waiting times rather pay than wait many months not knowing when?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 08:16:11 am by daviemac »