Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Birmingham Clean Air Zone? How is it going to affect city centre punting?  (Read 2667 times)

Online alabama1

Can anyone confirm if it's a one off charge per day, or multiple charges for multiple trips per day ? Cheers.

Offline Straightsix

Can anyone confirm if it's a one off charge per day, or multiple charges for multiple trips per day ? Cheers.

If it's the same horse then it's one charge until midnight. It's a daily charge.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 07:10:17 pm by Straightsix »
Banned reason: Warned before but doesn’t seem to learn
Banned by: Kev40ish

Online alabama1

If it's the same horse then it's one charge until midnight.
Thanks for that. Thought you said horses were exempt  :rolleyes:

Offline Straightsix

Thanks for that. Thought you said horses were exempt  :rolleyes:
They are, but not if they're pulling a carriage 😄

Offline teddyking

Hopefully SPs working in town have a dusty phone and end up knocking down their prices. Who knows , all this corrupt council malarkey could be a blessing in disguise 😎😎
Banned reason: Sarcastic twat of a troll
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Straightsix

If they start working from Hagley rd hotels it'll be great for parking 👍

Offline chadpitt

At the risk of poking an angry hornets nest. There are plenty of trains, buses and trams that go into town. Yes they're terribly unreliable, but you don't have to worry about parking.

Or you could park in the outskirts and use one of them VOI scooters if they're nearby.

The only other place I see WGs migrating to is the airport because at the end of the day, they're gonna be where the action is.

Offline M8gic

Hi this might have been covered, does Erotic Studio fall within the emmision zone?

Offline GingerNuts

Hi this might have been covered, does Erotic Studio fall within the emmision zone?

Yes.

External Link/Members Only

Offline teddyking

Latest news starts in two weeks now..

The council are going to make an absolute mint from this. Feel sorry for all the shall shops in the town though. Rich get richer, poor get poorer 🤠
RIP

Offline JontyR

The council are going to make an absolute mint from this. Feel sorry for all the shall shops in the town though. Rich get richer, poor get poorer 🤠
RIP
Yep, it's a real blow to the hospitality industry too. I can't see myself heading into town for something to eat, there are plenty of options outside.

If there is a plus side smaller centres across the region may get a boost. Other places where folks may balk  because cost for parking all of a sudden look more attractive as they are now cheaper.

In punting terms, Brum has put its prices up, it'll need to make up on casuals what it will lose in regulars. 

Offline curry

Its been extended by two weeks for what it is worth.

Online alabama1

RIP

Are they though ? What if businesses up sticks and move out ? Business rates, of which 50% go to the local authority, would be lost.

Online mr.bluesky

It will mainly effect drivers of diesel engined cars / lorries/ vans. If you drive a normal petrol engine car it won't effect you. Don't Panic  . There is a Web site where you can enter your registration number and it will say if the charges will apply to you.

Online alabama1

It will mainly effect drivers of diesel engined cars / lorries/ vans. If you drive a normal petrol engine car it won't effect you. Don't Panic  . There is a Web site where you can enter your registration number and it will say if the charges will apply to you.

I have, and they do.  :(

Offline lamboman

Up and running today but with a 2 week grace period.
Banned reason: Shit stirrer and blocking moderator's PMs

Offline teddyking

Can you check if my Lamborghini would be exempt? 😎

Online bonham

No but my lambereta will be just fine  :D

Offline Taggart

I dont see how it works....  I use a 62 plated near hybrid eHDi engined Peugeot, but I'm liable for the full £8!! How??

From Sept 1, 2015, all diesel cars registered had to meet Euro 6 emissions. A 62 plate diesel car fails. It’s that simple. Lots of good second hand cars on the market to meet Euro 6 specs, but don’t buy diesel if you cover less than 20 miles per day. DPF will clog up, buy a petrol car.

Offline valiumdick

Fuck clean air zone use false plates fuck speed cameras the lot save a Fortune for more punting i have for years :thumbsup: :wacko:

Offline lamboman

Mine aren't so I doubt it.
Banned reason: Shit stirrer and blocking moderator's PMs

Offline DDDave

Up and running today but with a 2 week grace period.

It is not a grace period, they fucked up by not allowing enough time for people to register, even though they had the last 12 months to sort it out.

Offline teddyking

It is not a grace period, they fucked up by not allowing enough time for people to register, even though they had the last 12 months to sort it out.

Bet those fuckers were on a nice payroll all year round as well

Online mr.bluesky

It should be. My Ferrari is OK  :rolleyes:

Online WDFORTE

Its all a load of bollocks, my 2002 2.4 litre petrol Volvo is exempt yet my much newer Laguna Estate isn't? the Volvo is £30 a month to tax due to the amount of emissions it spews?

Offline Juankerr

There is a Web site where you can enter your registration number and it will say if the charges will apply to you.

Offline Juankerr

Bet those fuckers were on a nice payroll all year round as well

I bet they are and they dont care, its just another money making scheme from our useless city council.

The fact that it runs from midnight to midnight gets me, its not like there is that much traffic on an evening so its an excuse to catch people going into the city centre at night, if they arent out of the CAZ before midnight they'll get charged twice!  :dash: