Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Home improvements/DIY in exchange for paid in kind?  (Read 2233 times)

Offline Bellabooty33

• Service Provider
Hi gents,

Not your average discussion topic admittedly but very relevant all the same.

I've been fortunate over the years to have clients who've been a dab hand at DIY and have on a few occasions paid them in kind (so an hour at my hourly rate for instance) in exchange for them putting a few shelves up or assembling some flat packs. My clients have been more than happy with this arrangement as have I, since I get very stressed following DIY instructions (half the time it's just pictures and, feminists slay me now but sometimes you just need a man to do his thing with all that self assembly stuff).

What I'd like to know is, as clients, if you see a regular girl would you be offended if she suggested that the next time you meet, it would be an arrangement like this? Would you be happy to help her in return for your normal session or would you simply not want to confuse the professional relationship?

I would be grateful of your input and opinions regarding this.

Thank you
Bella x

Offline Happyjose

I think you’re potentially skating on thin ice here, as you could be accused of using the forum as a chat platform between clients and service providers and also of touting (particularly as you have posted this in a region, as opposed to the general discussion section), both against the site rules.

But I’m sure you already know this

Offline antsz

Hi Bella

Im a pluming and heating engineer and wouldn't be offended at all as the money may have gone back to the lady in question anyway. You could even throw in a bit of role play too with it :D

Offline Carpy

Id have no issue.... but the problem would come when I priced the work accordingly.

Very hard to gauge what would need doing and how long/ what service you get in return.

Without offending you may price your service above a punters skill set or vice versa... which means one party will not be happy.

Offline Bellabooty33

• Service Provider
I think you’re potentially skating on thin ice here, as you could be accused of using the forum as a chat platform between clients and service providers and also of touting (particularly as you have posted this in a region, as opposed to the general discussion section), both against the site rules.

But I’m sure you already know this

:dash:

Nope, I didn't realise. Are you able to move it from this region to a main non-region board please?
Oh god I'm certainly not touting, my profile isn't even accessible or active at the moment.

Thanks for the heads up. It was genuinely an innocent question with no subtext

Thanks
Bella x

Offline Bellabooty33

• Service Provider
Hi Bella

Im a pluming and heating engineer and wouldn't be offended at all as the money may have gone back to the lady in question anyway. You could even throw in a bit of role play too with it :D

Okay thanks for that. Yes I hoped clients wouldn't take offence but you never know

X

Offline workinallweek

good idea but

would it be 1 hour for 1 hour or an exchange at the hourly rate because im guessing most guys on here that are capable of doing this arent on £100 plus an hour .
Banned reason: Offering glowing positive reviews for free bookings.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Bellabooty33

• Service Provider
Id have no issue.... but the problem would come when I priced the work accordingly.

Very hard to gauge what would need doing and how long/ what service you get in return.

Without offending you may price your service above a punters skill set or vice versa... which means one party will not be happy.

Yes that makes sense.

I guess for it to be fair, I'd have to understand the day rate of manual work, or the value of work being done and match it accordingly. In the past it has only ever been putting a few nails in the walls and assembling some flat packs, nothing technical or gas/plumbing related.

Thanks x

Offline Bellabooty33

• Service Provider
good idea but

would it be 1 hour for 1 hour or an exchange at the hourly rate because im guessing most guys on here that are capable of doing this arent on £100 plus an hour .

That's where I wanted the advice really. In terms of assembling a couple of flat packs or putting a couple of shelves up, which would perhaps take around 2/3hours, itd be in exchange for an hour of my time. So you'd consider that fair? And wouldn't be offended?

I'm not offering this by the way. A client has suggested this discussion I've posted is perhaps skating on thin ice in terms of the rules but I just genuinely wanted to ask for clients' advice and opinions.
My profile isn't even active ATM ao I'm not looking for new clients at all, my regs have my number and contact me accordingly. Hopefully most people will see the sense in my post, I just wanted advice really.

Thanksx

Offline Bellabooty33

• Service Provider
Thank you to the person who moved this discussion from my region to the main board.
I appreciate it and didn't mean to break any rules

Thanks again x

Offline jok32

Depends on the punter.
Some of us might not earn your hourly rate, but in 2 hours could earn your hourly rate, so doing 3 hours for 1 hour wouldn't be that well received, and also take a lot of time out of the day.

Other punters on the hand hand might earn much less or have little to do in their remaining time and would be more than happy.

Don't think there's a good answer

Offline Bellabooty33

• Service Provider
Depends on the punter.
Some of us might not earn your hourly rate, but in 2 hours could earn your hourly rate, so doing 3 hours for 1 hour wouldn't be that well received, and also take a lot of time out of the day.

Other punters on the hand hand might earn much less or have little to do in their remaining time and would be more than happy.

Don't think there's a good answer

Yep that's a fair point which is why I'm at a bit of a loss as to whether or not it would offend.

I've had 4 client over the  years who have helped me around the house and they've all been happy with the arrangement but it has been them who have suggested it to me and I've never asked, but at present I am in need of a bit of help with flat packs but unsure whether or not to ask.  :dash:

Thanks anyway
X

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Thank you to the person who moved this discussion from my region to the main board.

Thanks again x

This would be more suitable for UKE which is more of a chat platform than here.

Have you read the rules on service providers being members.   :unknown:

Offline Metalgear2018

If it's flat pack just follow the instructions. It is quite simple.

Offline Fabaceous

I'd be very open to a bit of service exchange.
I'm quite handy at DIY - and like the idea that someone else said - throwing in a bit of role play :dance: :lol:
My wife does it to me all the time - Mow the lawns (2 hours), do the ironing (2 hours) and I'll give you a 3 minute blow job.
Fab

Offline Xtro

I'd be very open to a bit of service exchange.
I'm quite handy at DIY - and like the idea that someone else said - throwing in a bit of role play :dance: :lol:
My wife does it to me all the time - Mow the lawns (2 hours), do the ironing (2 hours) and I'll give you a 3 minute blow job.
Fab
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Spending £100 an hour on a whore doesn't seem such a bad deal now does it?

Gomez42

I have sort of done this a few times, with photography.

I have told the girl my commercial rates and she has given me the equivalent in return.

But...

The first time with each girl, there has been a cash transaction. She has handed over the payment, I have handed over the payment. This way, we have all known the score. Only when we have complete trust in each other have we bartered services.

Keep it open and honest.

Offline RedKettle

I have this arrangement at home.  I spend hours doing some DIY task and my wife spends hours having fun - at the shops/hair dressers/friends...... 

To get sex for putting up some shelves would be a nice change.

I did get offered a freebie once for driving a WG to a photography studio.  Then looked at the map and decided it was going to take hours and whilst I enjoyed shagging her a long car journey listening to her wining on would be too much like marriage.

Offline Buttons

I’ve been open to this kind of deal in the past and I’ve had this situation backfire on me. SP asked for my advice and to make recommendations using my professional skills, which she took and used to further her earning potential via AW. I put in two hours work and we agreed two hours of her time and services in return.

I should have taken the two hours before I delivered on my side of the bargain, because once I gave her my advice she cut all communications with me.

Not saying the OP would do this, just that both sides need to be honest about what services etc are exchanged and when. I’d do it again if asked, because I genuinely treat people as nice until proven otherwise, but I would be more cautious.

Offline mandy18

I have offered this service a few times, seems to work ok.

Offline mandy18

I carried out a minor job, which the girl was really happy about. Then she got me to fit a 16k kitchen which she paid for in full, got quite friendly with the husband, who has no idea what his wife does.

Offline Ali Katt

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 28

Thanks again x
I've reported you for touting. You should have posted this on UKE.

Offline PepeMAGA

You can probably find someone that'll pay You to do the work... If you're willing to insult them /per on them while they do it :lol:

minge

Thanks again x

You’ve raised an interesting issue. I visited a Thai girl in Brum a couple of times, the shower was a disgrace so I mentioned I could do her a good deal. So for three one hour FBSM sessions I tidied up her bathroom. I found it a real turn on knowing that after I’d done an hours work on each of three occasions I would get some action.

I certainly wouldn’t be insulted if a girl asked for some help with whatever.....you can always so ‘no’

minge

You can probably find someone that'll pay You to do the work... If you're willing to insult them /per on them while they do it :lol:

She could always book in an electrician and start playing with his ‘twin and earth’ whilst he’s fixing her light fitting and see what happens  :crazy:

Offline pewpewpew

I don't earn £100 per hour but I earn enough so I don't worry about money. If you offered me the opportunity to spend 3 hours of my time to help you for 1 hour of your time I wouldn't see that as a good deal. 1 hour of my time for 1 hour of yours I could live with, otherwise I'd just rather pay

Offline Bellabooty33

• Service Provider
Thank you all for the advice.
It seems the general consensus is that you wouldn't be offended.
It is only something I'd suggest with regulars and as I've previously mentioned, I don't even have an active AW profile ATM and thus do not accept new clients so this certainly isn't touting.
Apparently I've been reported? Really? I genuinely think most people on here can gauge the tone of my post certainly wasn't meant for self-promotion.
I appreciate the input and take it on board and again cheers.
B x

Offline cash2spare

Business and pleasure should NEVER be mixed.
I doubt ANY guy on here earns £100 per hour, £4k per week, £200,000+ per year, no chance!

Offline TomTank

I made websites for a couple of Mistresses, in exchange for 4 hours of services.
When it came to it, and I was on my way for the first reward, the text messages went a bit weird, and it became obvious that they had a client who wanted forced bi, and they were using me for that and my reward.
I didn't bother turning up and just let the websites slide.

I've often done exchange of services with my massage skills. I know it sounds corny and I only ever get anything by word of mouth recommendation, because you don't get anywhere saying you are a good masseur. I do get asked back a lot, and it ends up being about a 4:1 ratio, as in an hour of massage gets me about 15 minutes, which is about fair enough, as good massage rates are about £35 an hour, and the girls I do are in the £140 bracket.

Joepeeps

I doubt ANY guy on here earns £100 per hour, £4k per week, £200,000+ per year, no chance!

That's achievable in London. Plenty of City workers are earning at that level after bonuses etc.

brandonpete

Bellabooty....punting for over 35 yrs...and have done many DIY jobs for several WG's ...admittedly before AW came on the scene,in the days of Phoenix Mag and it worked well for both of us...as you say it's all about trust!

minge

I don’t think many can see 8 per day for 50 weeks a year.......I’d say a good girl is nearer 20 a week over 40 weeks....still a good tax free income of £80k though

Offline Kev40ish

• Board Moderator
I don’t think many can see 8 per day for 50 weeks a year.......I’d say a good girl is nearer 20 a week over 40 weeks....still a good tax free income of £80k though

Yes that seems a more realistic number although that would be the best of the best

Offline CheeseBoard

If you are after professional work which needs signing off (gas or electric), the OP will be outing himself (and you to them) when you fill in the paperwork.

What happens if the work isn't up to scratch? How would you go about getting a 'refund' or would you go on trust a trader and give them negative feedback.

Also, would you expect the work to be completed first before you pay 'in kind? What happens if you suddenly decide to withold payment.  The OP could invoice you, but then you can go down the outing route.

The SP holds all the cards and could ruin the OP professionally and personally.

Too much risk in this (unless you are a reg and there is mutual trust)

Offline Ali Katt

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 28
Probably sounds right. I would say some popular parlour girls see 20 a day though.

Offline cash2spare

Sure is!

They'd never make that cash at Tesco stocking shelves lol

And isn't it a laugh when they say they are NOT doing it for the money as they have a professional job lol................yeah right of course you do love lol

Offline cash2spare

That's achievable in London. Plenty of City workers are earning at that level after bonuses etc.

But the city workers won't be doing flat pack assembly will they? They would pay someone else to do it lol

Offline vikingjoe

City professional here, wouldn’t know where to start with a flat pack, but if a girl wants some help raising finance to build a wind-farm or lease a container ship, then we could do a deal.  :hi:

Offline shagmore

I would not be offended, its in everyones benefit.
For flat pack furniture etc, you say its only reading the instructions, some people find it very straight forward, and don't even bother reading the instructions (most time they are wrong anyway) - its common sense, others have difficulty actually opening the box!!. So even though it might be easy the question here does not seam to relate to that, it is asking for work to be done that they themselves can not do. Which then takes it to a different level, its a level of service
Put it this way, if i could give myself a blow job I would!!! But I cant so I get someone to do it for me.

Offline Bellabooty33

• Service Provider
I would not be offended, its in everyones benefit.
For flat pack furniture etc, you say its only reading the instructions, some people find it very straight forward, and don't even bother reading the instructions (most time they are wrong anyway) - its common sense, others have difficulty actually opening the box!!. So even though it might be easy the question here does not seam to relate to that, it is asking for work to be done that they themselves can not do. Which then takes it to a different level, its a level of service
Put it this way, if i could give myself a blow job I would!!! But I cant so I get someone to do it for me.

You encapsulate my point in a nutshell in your last sentence.

My reason for asking was, despite my level of education, I simply have great difficulty following flat pack instructions. Oftentimes there are no words, just pictures and many men (or people) may scoff at this or mock me but I genuinely get very stressed and impatient with it all. I live on my own and have acquired some tools over the years but even putting nails in the wall I worry I'll hit a gas pipe or something. We all have our skills and doing DIY isn't one of mine. I actually get quite ratty at it. But men just seem to ooze confidence when it comes to this. It baffles me how something so seemingly straightforward (but it's not for me) can stress one person so much but be a walk in the park for the next. I also have family members that could help me but they never accept payment and I feel I've taken advantage of their muscle power and handiwork hence why I wondered if it would be offensive/fair/reasonable to post this question.

It seems the overwhelming general consensus is that most guys would be happy to do this. It is never anything  gas/plumbing related, simply a few nails in a wall and flat packs.

I appreciate the input. I have a couple of regs I've known for years to whom I mentioned this thread, and  they told me I never would have needed to ask this question because they're always willing to help, so it ia perhaps a tad redundant now, but again I am grateful for the response.

Thanks again
Bella x

Offline Happyjose

Or why not just use the cash you earn sucking cock to pay someone. I mean, just fucking phone someone like most people do.

No need to confuse things, keep it nice and professional and arms length. Easier for everyone.

But then you wouldn’t be able to flutter your virtual eyelashes in a target rich environment, with your ‘I’m just a poor helpless gal who needs a big strong man to help me out’ routine

Offline Drayki

+1 Some guys don't even earn £100 a day ! I certainly don't, so the money the whores earn is way out of my league :lol:

Offline Lema

I appreciate the input. I have a couple of regs I've known for years to whom I mentioned this thread, and  they told me I never would have needed to ask this question because they're always willing to help, so it ia perhaps a tad redundant now, but again I am grateful for the response.

Thanks again
Bella x
so she was using this thread all along in the hope someone would respond to her DIY plea. Well done, it worked  :thumbsup:

Offline magnetico

If you need a dentist, call a dentist

If you need a IT guy, call an IT guy

If you need a cleaner, call a cleaner

If you need a handyman, call a handyman

You don't need to play the damsel in distress...

Offline Happyjose

and when you do call the man, try not to:

1) Suck his cock
2) Bore him with how you're only whoring as you love the sex/like meeting interesting new people/want to give something back to the community
3) Intimidate him with your high educational attainment

:hi:

Offline CheeseBoard

so she was using this thread all along in the hope someone would respond to her DIY plea. Well done, it worked  :thumbsup:

I don't know what's worse

1) An SP who although earns 100+ per hour is abusing the fluffyness of her 'client's to get stuff done for her (the 'they get time with me' bit is crap)  - keep it clean, do the hour, let him pay, then you hand the cash back for a job being done (and agree the amount as then it's an equitable arrangement) - Or vice versa

A punter who is besotted and fluffy and so happy to go around and help the ' damsel in distress' because she flutters her eyelids and throws out some ego massaging comments.
 In reality, no cash no gash, and she wouldn't give you time of day unless there is something in it for her, including piss on you if you caught fire - please take off the rose tinted glasses  :dash:

Quite sad all round me thinks  :thumbsdown:

Offline CheeseBoard

It seems the overwhelming general consensus is that most guys would be happy to do this.

No it doesn't

Offline Lema

"if you need a handyman" put a damsel in distress thread on UKP!! It works just as well.

Offline CheeseBoard

"if you need a handyman" put a damsel in distress thread on UKP!! It works just as well.

:D

Should be on UKE as mentioned previously

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator

That would just get her banned. This isn't the site for prossies to tout on, Admin set up UKE for that..