Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: 2023-24 Football season  (Read 45908 times)

Offline willie loman

I am well aware of Celtic's European history. You recently showed your ignorance  when critisising English clubs for being full of foreign players when your own team has many .
If goading me makes you happy then carry on. As the saying goes " little things please little minds"
I know one thing, Celtics recent European history is very short, they can never get out the group stage   :sarcastic:
In normal circumstances I would look forward to some more pearls of wisdom from you but as you are going on my ignore list I don't think I'll be missing anything.  :sarcastic:

you were unaware that celtic made it to two finals, though i see you are denying this now, you have been telling the forum for a while that i am on your ignore list., yet curiously always try and have a pop at anything i post.

Offline alftupper

Not annoying at all.  Good to know  :thumbsup:

Being a Forest fan I now know more about PSR than I would like. If you have half an hour to spare I recommend this video.

External Link/Members Only

Offline Jumping Jack Flash

That’s a hell of a come back from Real Madrid.

Offline willie loman

Offline chrishornx

Mr Kane is going to be very upset

coasting into he final then 2 goals by Madrid in the 88th and 91st

16 minutes added time but no miracle for Harry :angry: :angry:

Offline webpunter

Mr Kane is going to be very upset

coasting into he final then 2 goals by Madrid in the 88th and 91st

16 minutes added time but no miracle for Harry :angry: :angry:

Clearly you dont do timekeeping @ HOD as 9 mins  ;)

Offline chrishornx

Clearly you dont do timekeeping @ HOD as 9 mins  ;)

they played 16 mins added time in the end

Offline webpunter

Offline shed

i stand corrected  :hi:

Once a bell end always a bell end 🔚😹

Offline webpunter

Online WARSZAWA16

Half and half scarfs - just wrong on every level
 :D

Hidden Image/Members Only

Online mr.bluesky

Half and half scarfs - just wrong on every level
 :D

Hidden Image/Members Only

Yeah, totally pointless, especially when they get the spelling wrong  :D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 12:01:43 am by mr.bluesky »

Online timsussex

I suppose you could wrap your team end around your neck and wipe your bum with the other end ?

Online WARSZAWA16

I suppose you could wrap your team end around your neck
Then if you happen to support Scunthorpe or Arsenal you have to be careful which letters are visible.  :D

Then if you happen to support Scunthorpe or Arsenal you have to be careful which letters are visible.  :D

Bravo, Sir! Bravo!

Offline radioman33

Good playoff yesterday,Doncaster v Crewe,Crewe won on Penalties after being 2-0 down from 1st game.

Offline silverspoon

Djokovic ,been watching to much football went down like a sack of spuds

Online mr.bluesky

If it was the same man who did the Olympiakos/ Aston Billa scarves they would probably read Cunthorpe and Arsenhole   :D

Offline ulstersubbie

Happy to see my boys Partick Thistle into the semi final playoff for the Scottish Premiership. Raith Rovers on Tuesday, c'mon the Jags!   
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 10:09:26 am by ulstersubbie »

Offline radioman33

Happy to see my boys Partick Thistle into the semi final playoff for the Scottish Premiership. Raith Rovers on Tuesday, c'mon the Jags!

Big one today Celtic v rangers

Offline Blackpool Rock

Only for about 100,000 people, anyway it's a nice day for it and hopefully the pitch should have defrosted before KO  :rolleyes:  :hi:

Offline radioman33

Only for about 100,000 people, anyway it's a nice day for it and hopefully the pitch should have defrosted before KO  :rolleyes:  :hi:
Big for willie Loman his 1/6 league bet on Celtic. :sarcastic:

Online mr.bluesky

Only big in Glasgow ,  no one else bothered about the Mickey Mouse Premier league that's been dominated by the same team for the last 11 years .
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 01:12:17 pm by mr.bluesky »

Online mr.bluesky

Will your boys be able to cope with the Plastic pitch at Starks Park  :unknown:

Offline ulstersubbie

Will your boys be able to cope with the Plastic pitch at Starks Park  :unknown:

Hopefully, but our recent record against them isn't great.  :(

What do you think of Coventry's prospects next season?

Online mr.bluesky

Hopefully, but our recent record against them isn't great.  :(

What do you think of Coventry's prospects next season?

Need to strengthen the squad in a few departments.  A decent goalkeeper being one of them , also need to hold onto Ellis Simms and haji Wright . It's going to be tough again with Sheffield Utd and Burnley having parachute payments to fall back on again. There are still some big clubs in this league.

Offline willie loman

Big for willie Loman his 1/6 league bet on Celtic. :sarcastic:

the shorter the odds , the happier i am,

Offline radioman33

the shorter the odds , the happier i am,
Yes,Real Madrid v Bayern btts was odds on 4/9 ,I expect today’s match was similar if not shorter both teams to score finishing 2-1 Celtic.

Offline webpunter

Yes,Real Madrid v Bayern btts was odds on 4/9 ,I expect today’s match was similar if not shorter both teams to score finishing 2-1 Celtic.

You referencing virtually different sports
Two teams the kings of the CL
& whats equivalent to 1st or 2nd division south of the ice wall
And this doesnt factor in each league playing the oppo four times
How boring is that
IMO scootish footy is on a par with wendy ball, at least in the latter there are some fit burds

Offline webpunter

More Brodgers bollox pre match

"I love it
It’s one of the reasons I am here, the great pride and privilege I have in managing Celtic in a Rangers game
So the whole emotion, the whole feeling around this game is absolutely amazing"

Utter bollox  :rolleyes:
He knows he aint good enuf to manage in the Prem
Unless he makes loads of effort & he CBA 
& has somehow convinced the Rangers board to pay him £3m a year  :wacko:
For what amounts to a part time job
Two or three out of the nine other teams to play each year [ok noted 4x see ⬆️]
& the briefest of brief european excursions

Offline webpunter

I just watched Netflix 'Attack on Wembley' Euro 21 Final documentary

I didn't realise how bad things were
An 'independent' commission / review complemented the bravery & actions of the wembley security personnel & [the police  :lol: :dash: :lol:]

They were certainly right about the wembley staff  :hi:, actions way beyond their job descriptions [* & see below]

As for the police  :lol: :rolleyes: :lol:
An abject failure by the metropolitan police
Hardly any of them at the stadium until it was way too late
The main riot squad type police & significant numbers weren't lined up until 3pm & after
Things started escalating @ 10.30-11.00am
Surely the rozzers safe in their offices looking at screens from cameras [their favourite] could have realised that things were going badly wrong
Even if they had mobilised enuf riot police a couple of hours earlier with a 'show of force'  this could have made a difference
Other than a couple of police before the match AFAIAA there were fuck all of em there
They were in place maybe an hour before KO by which time an estimated 10,000-20,000 ticketless fans were in the stadium
& what happens to whichever rozzer was in charge fuck all

A national embarrassment which detracts from Englands ability to host future tournaments
Those in charge at the FA, those in charge @ Wembley Stadium [not those at the battlefront] & the rozzers badly misread the room

* there were clips of some disgruntled england fans who had paid for tickets taking it out on those breaking in  :hi: :yahoo: :hi:
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 10:39:44 pm by webpunter »

Online mr.bluesky

It would be harder to not win the league as Manager of Celtic

Offline webpunter

It would be harder to not win the league as Manager of Celtic

Exactly
Coming 2nd it could call into question whether the manager had taken some bribes from a betting syndicate

I just watched Netflix 'Attack on Wembley' Euro 21 Final documentary

I didn't realise how bad things were
An 'independent' commission / review complemented the bravery & actions of the wembley security personnel & [the police  :lol: :dash: :lol:]

They were certainly right about the wembley staff  :hi:, actions way beyond their job descriptions [* & see below]

As for the police  :lol: :rolleyes: :lol:
An abject failure by the metropolitan police
Hardly any of them at the stadium until it was way too late
The main riot squad type police & significant numbers weren't lined up until 3pm & after
Things started escalating @ 10.30-11.00am
Surely the rozzers safe in their offices looking at screens from cameras [their favourite] could have realised that things were going badly wrong
Even if they had mobilised enuf riot police a couple of hours earlier with a 'show of force'  this could have made a difference
Other than a couple of police before the match AFAIAA there were fuck all of em there
They were in place maybe an hour before KO by which time an estimated 10,000-20,000 ticketless fans were in the stadium
& what happens to whichever rozzer was in charge fuck all

A national embarrassment which detracts from Englands ability to host future tournaments
Those in charge at the FA, those in charge @ Wembley Stadium [not those at the battlefront] & the rozzers badly misread the room

* there were clips of some disgruntled england fans who had paid for tickets taking it out on those breaking in  :hi: :yahoo: :hi:

I thought at the time they should have checkpoints from half a mile out from the stadium and only those with tickets get through the checkpoints with local residents getting resident’s permits. For probably the second biggest game in world football it’s a small price to pay to avoid a repeat of the chaos of 2021.

Offline webpunter

I thought at the time they should have checkpoints from half a mile out from the stadium and only those with tickets get through the checkpoints with local residents getting resident’s permits. For probably the second biggest game in world football it’s a small price to pay to avoid a repeat of the chaos of 2021.

Absolutely

I've seen a few matches in europe, england & CL [the latter as a neutral, in the city on a well timed business trip]
There is a very noticeable presence of people checking tickets [edit:  some distance from the stadium] supported by police in riot gear [& tooled up]
Riot police are everywhere & they look very very capable, usually all in black like special services
The police make it crystal clear [not in an aggressive way - its just obvious] that if anyone causes a problem they are flattened then hauled off & chucked in a van
With a load of others dumped in cells overnight & if they are lucky told to fuck off in the morning
Make a complaint against the police  :lol: :lol:, good luck with that

IMO to police footy matches The Special Patrol Group needs to be reformed
Disbanded for various reasons including excessive levels of violence  :dash:
[in reality only against those who wanted a tear up  :wacko:]

« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 11:05:14 pm by webpunter »

Offline Blackpool Rock

So all bar Luton winning with a huge goal tally and Forest losing with an equally large goal margin the 3 promoted teams will all be returning back to the Championship

You would expect Man City; Arsenal and Liverpool to be in the top 3 and there is then a fair gap down to Villa in 4th however given where they were a couple of seasons ago under Gerrard they must be over the moon especially as a CL place looks almost certain for next season with all the revenue that brings in  :drinks:

Chelsea and Man Utd stand out as the leagues under performers given the huge resources available and the weight of expectation from the fans

Online mr.bluesky

Sheffield Utd ,Burnley and as likely Luton will have parachute payments to fall back on again so will likely be pushing for promotion again next season.  Talk about yo yo clubs. Its time parachute payments were stopped, how can you keep rewarding failure  :unknown:

Offline simon07

There is massive gap in player quality and football classiness between Premier League and Championship.
It will be hard for the new entry (to Premier League) clubs to stay up.

Offline ulstersubbie

Having lived in Luton as a teenager, I'll be rather sad to see them go down. I used to stand on the terraces at Kenilworth Road when they had a half decent team in the old First division. I remember watching the Hatters spank Southampton back in 1985, 7-0 the scoreline and the Southampton goalkeeper was a chap called Peter Shilton, great memories!

Online mr.bluesky

Both Championship play off games finish 0-0 so it becomes a straight knockout game in the 2nd leg. You have to fancy Leeds and Southampton now with home advantage .Very tight games with few chances in either.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 04:27:10 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline Fac51

There is massive gap in player quality and football classiness between Premier League and Championship.
It will be hard for the new entry (to Premier League) clubs to stay up.

Spot on assessment  :thumbsup:

Unfortunately IMHO the gap is only likely to widen in coming seasons..... :dash:

Offline StingRay

Both Championship play off games finish 0-0 so it becomes a straight knockout game in the 2nd leg. You have to fancy Leeds and Southampton now with home advantage .Very tight games with few chances in either.

Yes, play offs added to introduce more excitement (or was it money), zzzzzzzzzzz

Online mr.bluesky

Spot on assessment  :thumbsup:

Unfortunately IMHO the gap is only likely to widen in coming seasons..... :dash:

Should be a league inbetween the championship and Premier league as a lot of teams are too good for the Championship and not strong enough for the Premier league. That's why clubs like Norwich  Burnley,  West Brom will always be yo yo clubs  :D

Offline willie loman

Certain games are a good bet for both teams to score, celtic v rangers is one, as long as there is something at stake.

Offline willie loman

Exactly
Coming 2nd it could call into question whether the manager had taken some bribes from a betting syndicate

if you believe that, and i imagine you do, why not bet on celtic to win the league, it returns more than most isas. ive put a significant amount on, though rangers put up a good fight with their belgian manager.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 05:41:32 pm by willie loman »

Offline webpunter

if you believe that, and i imagine you do, why not bet on celtic to win the league, it returns more than most isas. ive put a significant amount on, though rangers put up a good fight with their belgian manager.

Thanks for the info  :thumbsup:
At least some reason for you to pay some attention, on your investment
On balance i consider an ISA to be more interesting, week in week out  ;)

Offline webpunter

Dont forget Leeds performance in playoffs
6 & 0
 :rolleyes:

Offline webpunter

Yes, play offs added to introduce more excitement (or was it money), zzzzzzzzzzz

More interest [& money] in the business end of the championship
It really should be top three  ;)
I mention as Southampton did their level best to out do Leeds with crap performances

Offline willie loman

Thanks for the info  :thumbsup:
At least some reason for you to pay some attention, on your investment
On balance i consider an ISA to be more interesting, week in week out  ;)

does your isa give you a return of 40%?

Offline radioman33

Certain games are a good bet for both teams to score, celtic v rangers is one, as long as there is something at stake.

Was a good bet for btts,other games at the end of season have nothing to play for so leave alone.
Leeds were not good today,Southampton look best to go up,I think Norwich could easily beat Leeds.