Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: WWYD - Cancelled Tours  (Read 1079 times)

Offline JontyR

Interested in others viewpoints on this.

A few times over the past couple of years I have noted that some SPs on my hotlist have advertised tours which puts them within my orbit. Often due to other commitments I don't necessarily find it easy to know exactly when I'll be available with lots of notice. The tours then disappear off the schedule of the SP.

Now there could be various reasons for this but one that immediately springs to mind is that there have been offers to meet in different parts of the country or that there aren't necessarily enough pre-scheduled bookings to make the tour worthwhile - or the risk too great.

Is this par for the course, or would others here inform the SP that you will be seeking an appointment should they turn up? Would this make it more likely that the tour would go ahead or that they may return to the area again in the future?

I hate cancelling, in fact I can't think of when I have (jinxed that now I know!!) so don't want to make a provisional booking, but its disappointing to see that a lusted after hottie is visiting and then having it whisked away.

Offline Charlie Chalk

If a WG plans a tour, books hotel rooms etc and then has little or zero interest in advance she is left with 2 options: run the risk of losing money by going ahead and hoping there will be enough “on the day” bookings to cover her costs and make a profit, or cancel. Not surprisingly, many will cancel.

OP, I think the answer is for you to contact the tourer and register your interest/ make a booking which will then make it less likely she will cancel; all it would take would be for another half dozen or so punters to do likewise to give her the confidence that the tour would be a success.

Offline standardpostage

Had to google WWYD.
What Would You Do.
 :)

Offline MilleMiglia

I've seen plenty of music acts cancel tours over the years, and I think this is a similar thing. If it looks like you'll make very little, or even a loss, then you pull the plug.

Offline sub_marine

Often helps to know if the tourer has been to the area before, as some can count on 2-3 regulars to make bookings that will be enough to cover the cost of travel and the hotel, then they will need a certain amount of extra bookings to turn a profit. 

You would be best to at least note your interest, some WG have giant lists of yours of maybe 40 places all round the UK, but will narrow this down to 5-10 places based upon initial interest

I wish more of the touring WGs would take advantage of the tour facility in AW.  They maybe have a tour tab on their profile, but I will only be aware of the tour when the WG pops in my local search area, and often it's too short to plan a booking.  It's a lot easier to see in the tours facility who will be coming over the next few weeks and plan accordinly
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 07:52:51 am by sub_marine »

Offline Home Alone

I must confess I'd never considered things from that angle, sub_marine.

When the 'All clear' sounds - next year, all being well - I'll probably be a bit more proactive with SPs I like the look of. Idon't have an HL as such; and whenever I do a trawl on AW on who's available locally in my preferred age-range, I've never looked at any 'tourists'.

Offline davidgood

As I can't travel around the Country like I used to, there are some SPs I like to play with that I can only see when they come to London on tour.

Usually they are fairly reliable and they do turn up. But sometimes they have to cancel for family or health reasons. Or, although they might not admit it, due to lack of forward bookings.

SPs who tour regularly tend to advertise their tours well in advance, sometimes almost up to a year in advance.

A couple of years ago I saw a girl I have known for some time advertise her London tour. In the past I would have made a booking straight away, but I was not in a state to do that having just suffered a personal tragedy.

The next year when she was in London I tried to get a booking but she said she was fully booked and I should have booked early. I was disapointed and I did explain things had been very bad when the tour was advertised. Even though I have known her nearly 10 years she would not fit me in. Thinking about it now, if had told her the full story she might have found a space for me, but thats history. If she does come back to London then I will be trying to see her again for old times sake.

I saw a new tourist for the first time back in August. Within a few days I had made a booking for her return visit to London in November.

My advice is, if your are interested in seeing a tourist you need to put in a booking straight away even though it is months away. Then you need to plan your work and other things to make sure you can keep the appointment.

Regards,

davidgood

Offline Gordon Bennett

Lack of interest is probably prime reason. There is possibility they never intended touring but just wanted to pop up on some AW searches in different regions to get on more hotlists and generate additional PG and movie sales too?

Offline JontyR

Thanks for all the advice gents. Much appreciated.

I think that some of my reticence is because some tourers are the opposite and only take bookings on the day. Personal situation probably means I have had a better hit rate in this regard than others who do operate more in advance.

Horses for courses I guess. Thanks again.