Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Please explain why?  (Read 1620 times)

SlamBoy

Why do prostitutes think that if they put the word "courtesan" in their marketing they can charge ridiculous amounts?

I see it all the time. As soon as you see the self-described "courtesan" you know the price is going to be crazy. It never fails. Is there something magical about the word "courtesan" which turns punters into fucking idiots?

I really don't get it  :dash: :dash: :dash:

Offline Corus Boy

It's just marketing, if you know and understand it then ignore it.

It's just like food shopping, most supermarkets have a food range labelled as 'De Luxe' and they charge double the price for it, over their normal range.  It may or may not be better tasting, heathier, better ingredients, of course it could just be a prettier picture on the front.

There are plenty of other things on a profile that would cause me more concern than the use of the word Courtesan.

unwell

same idea as words that hipster folk use in restaurants to increase the bill 25% homemade, rustic, artisinal ......

Offline unclepokey

It goes further I reckon. The use of that term implies they're totally up their own arseholes so that not only will the price be stupid but that the service will be, how shall I put it? as shallow as a dried up river bed.
UP

Offline blackburnian

It goes further I reckon. The use of that term implies they're totally up their own arseholes so that not only will the price be stupid but that the service will be, how shall I put it? as shallow as a dried up river bed.
UP

+ 1 and with a fanny so dry it needs a industrial size tube of KY  :lol:

Bb

Offline fallentrees1321

I suspect some of them need to delude themselves into thinking they are something they are not and its not just selling sex that they are engaged in .

Flunt

UP

I usually substitute the word Courtesan for Avoid and don't even bother reading the profile.

Offline freeze44

Well courtesan means a woman who in the past had sexual relationships with rich or important men in exchange for money. So suppose they hit hard times and now need us to give em dosh. They must have been crap in bed for the rich to dump em so clear its an avoid!  :thumbsup:

Offline unclepokey

Well courtesan means a woman who in the past had sexual relationships with rich or important men in exchange for money. So suppose they hit hard times and now need us to give em dosh. They must have been crap in bed for the rich to dump em so clear its an avoid!  :thumbsup:

Very well put
UP

Offline PeachyAssFan

Courtesan often means fat on AW. But the tag is no excuse
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 11:26:05 pm by PeachyAssFan »

Offline hendrix

"Farmhouse Bread"

It's fucking bread. Made in a factory, on a production line.

Offline smiths

Why do prostitutes think that if they put the word "courtesan" in their marketing they can charge ridiculous amounts?

I see it all the time. As soon as you see the self-described "courtesan" you know the price is going to be crazy. It never fails. Is there something magical about the word "courtesan" which turns punters into fucking idiots?

I really don't get it  :dash: :dash: :dash:

Its code for expensive usually, same as High Class often is, what these terms don't mean is the WG offers a good service which has NOTHING to do with what they call themselves or charge but ALL to do with their own attitude.

These WGs are targeting the mug punter who is impressed with such labels.

SlamBoy

Its code for expensive usually, same as High Class often is, what these terms don't mean is the WG offers a good service which has NOTHING to do with what they call themselves or charge but ALL to do with their own attitude.

These WGs are targeting the mug punter who is impressed with such labels.

Exactly!  :thumbsup:

Offline oldrunter

Yep as soon as i see words like courtesan,high class ect.then i move on.It screams greedy and overpriced and suggests a bad attitude towards ripping off punters.
They can piss off as far as i am concerned.

mrhappypants

Agreed.  "Cortesian" like "Pay Pig" "deposit" or essays about how you (the custom) should behave are warning signs.  There are dozens of them.  The semiotics of AdultWork profiles is my going to be my next journal article. :D