Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Finding extra income for punting?  (Read 4740 times)

ramrodronnie

I did, thankyou.

You suggest that 7 out of 10 faves lose. I'm not disagreeing with that.

If you lay a horse at 1/2 for a tenner stake then it costs you £5 to cover the bet. If you lay a horse at 8/1 then it costs you £80 to cover the bet. Imagine that there are 10 races, three of which have faves at 1/2 and 7 races with faves of 8/1. Imagine then that the three horses which won their races are those 8/1 shots and the 7 which lose (where you win money) are 1/2 shots.

7 wins at £5 profit a race is £35 up
3 losses at £80 loss a race is £240 down

Net loss is £205

You're just not getting it DannyJames. 7 out of ten on average (generally speaking) favourites lose. Ok. So you back the favourite to lose online (not in the betting shop) in every race. Which means you win 7 out of 10 times. And you lose 3 out of 10 times. Which means you must be in front. Now that is simple mathematics.

Forget about what the price/odds that the horse is; 8-1, 10-1, 100-1 if you back them they're not necessarily going to win, are they? Unless you have inside info? I've been given so called dead certs in the past, and lost money because they got beaten by a so called 3 legged donkey that had no chance.
You are better having a 1-10 on winner, than a 500-1 nowhere. I hope that makes sense to you DannyJames?

7 out of 10 favourites lose, that is a statistical fact, Think about it.

DannyJames

You're just not getting it DannyJames. 7 out of ten on average (generally speaking) favourites lose. Ok. So you back the favourite to lose online (not in the betting shop) in every race. Which means you win 7 out of 10 times. And you lose 3 out of 10 times. Which means you must be in front. Now that is simple mathematics.

Forget about what the price/odds that the horse is; 8-1, 10-1, 100-1 if you back them they're not necessarily going to win, are they? Unless you have inside info? I've been given so called dead certs in the past, and lost money because they got beaten by a so called 3 legged donkey that had no chance.
You are better having a 1-10 on winner, than a 500-1 nowhere. I hope that makes sense to you DannyJames?

7 out of 10 favourites lose, that is a statistical fact, Think about it.

People are laughing at your comprehension of mathematics.

The price of the horse is key, I even gave you a worked example. If every favourite was evens (for example) then you would be up, of course, but horses are priced differently.

It costs you to lay a horse. If those 7 'winners' make returns that are less than it costs you to lay those three losers then you will lose money. That is simple mathematics. 70% of faves may well lose but you can't tell whether they be short or long priced.

I've been backing, laying and trading sports for a long time. You clearly have no idea

Offline Dime

I started punting last year,  during my last year of university in which I lived at home with parents 
rather than student accommodation as I'd done previously; I had no job either. It meant I used 80 per cent of my student loan for that year on punting. A few other times I found old euro notes in the drawer of my parent's room from being in Spain, so I discreetly exchanged them for pounds so I could go punting. Now that I am working and earning money I've replaced the money, otherwise I couldn't sleep at night.  As other posters have said,  betting is a mug's game.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 01:21:24 am by Dime »

jcdmj12

How can anyone seriously consider gambling as a money making option?   :wacko:

The only possible exception is playing poker; it is possible to make a living there (I know people who have done it), but it's boring as fuck and you have to spend so much time learning you wouldn't have time to punt. Learn a skill (graphic design, programming, writing) and freelance in your spare time. Hard work to start off with, but sustainable once you learn how to market yourself (another useful skill).

ramrodronnie

The price of the horse is key, I even gave you a worked example. If every favourite was evens (for example) then you would be up, of course, but horses are priced differently.

It costs you to lay a horse. If those 7 'winners' make returns that are less than it costs you to lay those three losers then you will lose money. That is simple mathematics. 70% of faves may well lose but you can't tell whether they be short or long priced.

I've been backing, laying and trading sports for a long time. You clearly have no idea

I really do give up trying to explain this to you DannyJames. I, and other people are actually making money out of betting this way. I'll say this for the last time, It doesn't matter what price the horse is, if it loses, you lose obviously.

Most gamblers stand there in the betting shops backing horses, one after another. Most walk out skint.

Where as if you just back the horses that are the favourites to win the race to lose, no matter what the price, you win.
If for example you lay a £5 stake on each race for the favourite to lose the race, then statistically you will win 7 out of 10 times.
Ok, so hypothetically speaking, even if you only get on average odds of even money 1-1 on every one of the bets you put on for the favourite to lose, you will get a return of £10 on each race.

If there are 6 races on the one race meeting, you win £30.

If there are 3 meetings on the day, and you have the same bet on each race card, then you win £90. Times  that say by 6 day per week, that equals=£540.

This is obviously just a rough guidance/generalisation, some days you may win less, and other days you may win more. But over time you will still come out on top.

I really can't make it any more clearer to you than that. But over time as I have explained you can't lose as statistically 70% of favourites lose the races that they run in.

ramrodronnie

I have been a punter (gambler) for nearly 50 years, so please do not try telling me DannyJames. That after all of those years learning of the best. I have learned some very hard lessons, and after all of those years I have learned a fair bit on the best ways to back horses.
You sound like quite a young fella. I'm well into my sixties, so I think that I may just know a tad more than you when it comes to gambling.
Please don't try to make me out to be the fool by telling me that people are laughing at me, as I can't see one example of that.
Remember, with age comes experience. You'd do well to take notice of experienced punters (gamblers) who know the best ways to win money. And even if old farts like me do lose money? We don't lose very much like some of the inexperienced idiots standing in the betting shops, betting the way that you do.
If you can't/don't want to take my advice? Then carry on your merry way, but I know that between punters (gamblers) like you, and punters (gamblers) like me, I know for sure who'll come away either winning more than you, or losing less than you for sure.

Offline myothernameis

Buy shares on the stock markets, and seeing shares are going down, this might be the best time, to invest

Don't know what going to happen over the next few weeks/months, but if you invested around £500, and the share price went up and big time, you got your money worth, and even if the share price go down, that wont be permanent

Even my work place, the providers who deal with the private pension, they see the next few months as volatile, but see later on it the year investments rising 

Offline Hertsgent

I started punting last year,  during my last year of university in which I lived at home with parents 
rather than student accommodation as I'd done previously; I had no job either. It meant I used 80 per cent of my student loan for that year on punting. A few other times I found old euro notes in the drawer of my parent's room from being in Spain, so I discreetly exchanged them for pounds so I could go punting. Now that I am working and earning money I've replaced the money, otherwise I couldn't sleep at night.  As other posters have said,  betting is a mug's game.

Student loan for punting - I like  :thumbsup:

DannyJames

I really can't make it any more clearer to you than that. But over time as I have explained you can't lose as statistically 70% of favourites lose the races that they run in.

I suspect that you have seen this betting system but never tried it yourself since you don't acknowledge that laying a horse involves a variable cost.
A £10 lay on a 1/1 (Evs) horse requires £10 to cover the bet. A 3/1 requires £30. An 8/1 requires £80 etc. Laying a horse for £10 does not mean that it only costs you £10.

Lets work through some examples. In each one there will be 10 races, we lose the first 3 (the horse wins) but win (the horse loses) on the following 7.

Card 1 - all horses 1/1. Our races bring the following profit/losses:

-10,-10,-10,+10,+10,+10,+10,+10,+10,+10 = +40

Card 2 - our first three are 3/1 shots, the rest are 1/1

-30,-30,-30,+10,+10,+10,+10,+10,+10,+10 = -20

Card 3 - our first three are 8/1 shots, the rest are 1/1

-80,-80,-80,+10,+10,+10,+10,+10,+10,+10 = -170

So in our three card programme we have a loss of -150 and as everyone can see, price is relevant.

The reason I have given such an extreme example is to highlight variance. The more races a person tries this on then the more smoothed out variance will be, but it's entirely possible for a couple of long odds winners to happen in a row and your balance is turned negative. I wanted to highlight this so that people didn't decide to just do this one Saturday afternoon and expect profits when very real losses could occur because of short term negative variance.

People also need to consider that the 70%/30% figure is only a historical 'fact', as in it tells us what has happened in the past. It may be indicative of a trend but this does not mean that it will stay at this figure in the future.

Even if 70%/30% was always going to be true then a real downfall with the 'lay the favourite' guaranteed profit myth is the fact that the price you are laying at is not simply a reflection of the prospects of a horse winning/losing, but also the amount of money in the market and on the selection. As such, the odds are skewed one way or the other and this does affect the calculation.

I'm not trying to have a go at you personally, mate, but I don't want fellow punters to think that a golden goose has appeared for them to then go and lose money.

Ben4454

I had a mate who better frequently. Had a thirty thousand inheritance. Betted it all away in 7 months. Had nothing to show for it. Now sells personal posessions to get down the bookies.

Offline Gordon Bennett

Just sort out your priorities and allocate your existing income accordingly. For the past year I've cut down on going to see the shower of shit football team I support and spent the money saved on WGs instead. There must be something you can spend less on........ Booze, fags, designer clobber, expensively branded goods. Just cutting down on junk or convenience food and snacking can save ££££s and will benefit you health wise too.

ramrodronnie

I suspect that you have seen this betting system but never tried it yourself since you don't acknowledge that laying a horse involves a variable cost.
A £10 lay on a 1/1 (Evs) horse requires £10 to cover the bet. A 3/1 requires £30. An 8/1 requires £80 etc. Laying a horse for £10 does not mean that it only costs you £10.

Lets work through some examples. In each one there will be 10 races, we lose the first 3 (the horse wins) but win (the horse loses) on the following 7.

Card 1 - all horses 1/1. Our races bring the following profit/losses:

-10,-10,-10,+10,+10,+10,+10,+10,+10,+10 = +40

Card 2 - our first three are 3/1 shots, the rest are 1/1

-30,-30,-30,+10,+10,+10,+10,+10,+10,+10 = -20

Card 3 - our first three are 8/1 shots, the rest are 1/1

-80,-80,-80,+10,+10,+10,+10,+10,+10,+10 = -170

So in our three card programme we have a loss of -150 and as everyone can see, price is relevant.

The reason I have given such an extreme example is to highlight variance. The more races a person tries this on then the more smoothed out variance will be, but it's entirely possible for a couple of long odds winners to happen in a row and your balance is turned negative. I wanted to highlight this so that people didn't decide to just do this one Saturday afternoon and expect profits when very real losses could occur because of short term negative variance.

People also need to consider that the 70%/30% figure is only a historical 'fact', as in it tells us what has happened in the past. It may be indicative of a trend but this does not mean that it will stay at this figure in the future.

Even if 70%/30% was always going to be true then a real downfall with the 'lay the favourite' guaranteed profit myth is the fact that the price you are laying at is not simply a reflection of the prospects of a horse winning/losing, but also the amount of money in the market and on the selection. As such, the odds are skewed one way or the other and this does affect the calculation.

I'm not trying to have a go at you personally, mate, but I don't want fellow punters to think that a golden goose has appeared for them to then go and lose money.

I really do feel that I have exhausted too much time, and effort on you already DannyJames. I have tried quite hard to give you guidance, but you are simply not interested in taking advice from someone who has been there, done that, and got many, many T-shirts.
You have my advice, it's down to you now what you do. I personally have no more to say to you on this subject. I am certainly not throwing my dummy, but as the old saying goes; you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. So no more comments on this subject from me Danny  :hi:

moosehead69

Basically its doing an accumulator bet on (almost) sure things.

So for example bet £100 on this weekend

Man UTD beating Sunderland
And
Chelsea beating Newcastle :(
And
Liverpool beating Villa

Well that's that buggered then!!

DannyJames

I really do feel that I have exhausted too much time, and effort on you already DannyJames. I have tried quite hard to give you guidance, but you are simply not interested in taking advice from someone who has been there, done that, and got many, many T-shirts.
You have my advice, it's down to you now what you do. I personally have no more to say to you on this subject. I am certainly not throwing my dummy, but as the old saying goes; you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. So no more comments on this subject from me Danny  :hi:

I've provided an overwhelming amount of explanation into the maths and how you are believing a fallacy. In practice, what you say does not work and you cannot ignore the relevant information I have posted. Everyone can see that.

I conclude that you are now trolling me.

Offline ik8133

Matched betting works and doesn't involve gambling at all since you are covering all outcomes, you are simply trying to extract the value of the free bet offered.

There is still money to be made but sadly nothing like the profits that could be had in the past. Four figures per month was achievable with a bit of work a couple of years ago but the change in gambling legislation whereby bookies now require a licence and the ring fencing of funds means that the number of competitors in the sector has dropped and as a consequence there are far fewer bonuses on offer. In addition, so many people do it that bookies are making the terms of free bets much more onerous to the player and reducing the mathematical value.

There's a few quid to be made but do your research and make sure you understand it or else you will lose cash.

Yes I do a bit of matched betting too and can clarify it does work.

Offline hantshagger

Yes, it's been covered before.

Like I said last time, I've sold everything from in the house, the electric is wired to the lamp post and comes on when it goes dark, I'm sat on the floor on next doors internet, never mind having nothing in the fridge, I've sold the fridge.

It's all working out quite well  :scare:

Yes, I wish i could favourite posts, this one gave me a knowing chuckle..... indeed, its not as if its too far off the mark, for my own situation right now!   :D

ramrodronnie

I've provided an overwhelming amount of explanation into the maths and how you are believing a fallacy. In practice, what you say does not work and you cannot ignore the relevant information I have posted. Everyone can see that.

I conclude that you are now trolling me.

I think you are deluded Danny  (Everyone can see that?) who is everyone Danny? The only one that I can see who has contested what I am saying so far is you.

It's clear you think that you are right, but the stats over the years (not days, weeks, or months) have proven that. These stats are well document, and known facts over many, many years that I am quoting Danny. I really have no more interest in keeping this subject going any longer.

Offline Jesi_j

Well man-u lost today so the sure bet theory is out the window lollll

DannyJames

I think you are deluded Danny  (Everyone can see that?) who is everyone Danny? The only one that I can see who has contested what I am saying so far is you.

It's clear you think that you are right, but the stats over the years (not days, weeks, or months) have proven that. These stats are well document, and known facts over many, many years that I am quoting Danny. I really have no more interest in keeping this subject going any longer.

Anyone with a three figure IQ can see that you are talking nonsense. There are plenty of discussions on the web as to why just laying favourites is not and will not ever be profitable. I've explained why. You can't apply the 70/30 'fact' in a vacuum.

I keep contesting what you are saying to warn others. I don't want people to lose money.

Offline Trenlover

you cant make money from betting , the reason is because the odds offered tend to be extremely accurate to their probability of occurring and there is usually a small over-round or house edge built in which means over the long term you lose money

ive followed dozens of "tipsters" over the years from football to horses and they all made a loss.

To top it off, if you do find an edge using the bookies odds youll get banned/restricted in the blink of an eye.

Offline Razor Boy

I have the perfect punting cover/extra income solution, I believe  :rolleyes:
I have taken over my work's office cleaning and brought in an extra £300 per month that goes toward the punting pot (We have separate bank accounts too). Twice a week I clean the office taking 1 1/2 to 2 hours but here is the genius bit...My OH thinks I finish work at 5.30 on a Friday when I actually finish at 3pm so have a free 2 1/2 hours window to fill my boots with punting pussy each and every Friday. I thank you  :hi: :dance:

ramrodronnie

I have the perfect punting cover/extra income solution, I believe  :rolleyes:
I have taken over my work's office cleaning and brought in an extra £300 per month that goes toward the punting pot (We have separate bank accounts too). Twice a week I clean the office taking 1 1/2 to 2 hours but here is the genius bit...My OH thinks I finish work at 5.30 on a Friday when I actually finish at 3pm so have a free 2 1/2 hours window to fill my boots with punting pussy each and every Friday. I thank you  :hi: :dance:

Now that's what I call clever orgaddict. Nice one mate. :thumbsup:

ramrodronnie

Anyone with a three figure IQ can see that you are talking nonsense. There are plenty of discussions on the web as to why just laying favourites is not and will not ever be profitable. I've explained why. You can't apply the 70/30 'fact' in a vacuum.

I keep contesting what you are saying to warn others. I don't want people to lose money.

Laying the favourites To lose online Danny. You are hard work. Like I've said; I give up on you. No point discussing this anymore.

DannyJames

Laying the favourites To lose online Danny. You are hard work. Like I've said; I give up on you. No point discussing this anymore.

Then stop responding to me and stop trying to create a smokescreen for the fact that I have exposed your myth - I know it hurts, but just suck it up.

Just because 7/10 will lose does not mean that you will end up in profit for the reasons I have mentioned.

Offline Thepacifist

I always remember this topic from 2011 on the forum. It might be worth a read and considering.

It is gambling, but the way the OP sold it sounded worth considering

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=4607

Basically its doing an accumulator bet on (almost) sure things.

So for example bet £100 on this weekend

Man UTD beating Sunderland
And
Chelsea beating Newcastle :(
And
Liverpool beating Villa

All will be sure things. But an accumulator you multiply them together. So you will be by the laws of multiplication get a good result from all three multiplied together and if you bet large £100. You could get something like £300 back. (that's my crude understanding of that topic)

It's not always so easy.. It's a funny old game. Let me tell you there's nothing better then having a punt with someone's money you've just won, be it poker or betting. When a 57 p accumulator can win you 3k it's worth the punt

ramrodronnie

Then stop responding to me and stop trying to create a smokescreen for the fact that I have exposed your myth - I know it hurts, but just suck it up.

Just because 7/10 will lose does not mean that you will end up in profit for the reasons I have mentioned.

In your opinion it's a myth Danny. I am quoting statistical facts. Goodbye.

ramrodronnie

It's not always so easy.. It's a funny old game. Let me tell you there's nothing better then having a punt with someone's money you've just won, be it poker or betting. When a 57 p accumulator can win you 3k it's worth the punt

:lol: Yeah we'd all like that Thepacifist

ramrodronnie

You are obviously doing well with your gambling/spread betting Danny. I can see that you've been a member of UKP since; December 19, 2011. 4 years and 2 months! And not been able to afford a single punt? Well none that you've Reviewed anyway.
One of the most important things about this site is Reviewing. But you are either unable to afford to punt as you are losing all of your money on your supposed superior method of gambling, or too lazy to Review if, as, and when you do?  :unknown:

DannyJames

You are obviously doing well with your gambling/spread betting Danny. I can see that you've been a member of UKP since; December 19, 2011. 4 years and 2 months! And not been able to afford a single punt? Well none that you've Reviewed anyway.
One of the most important things about this site is Reviewing. But you are either unable to afford to punt as you are losing all of your money on your supposed superior method of gambling, or too lazy to Review if, as, and when you do?  :unknown:

I was waiting for that one. James hasn't written one either, so what?

Your attempts at deflection away from being called out on your error are admirable, but nobody is being fooled.

ramrodronnie

I was waiting for that one. James hasn't written one either, so what?

Your attempts at deflection away from being called out on your error are admirable, but nobody is being fooled.

There's only one fool here Danny boy, and I reckon everyone knows who that one is? "Stats Never Lie".

Just look at your punting stats, and compare them to mine, and many other genuine punters. You are a joke sunshine. Either that, or you are a leech, lurker, or a scavenger off every genuine punter.

If your gambling stats are anything like your punting stats? The bookies are doing very well out of you DannyJames!  :lol:

DannyJames

There's only one fool here Danny boy, and I reckon everyone knows who that one is? "Stats Never Lie".

Just look at your punting stats, and compare them to mine, and many other genuine punters. You are a joke sunshine. Either that, or you are a leech, lurker, or a scavenger off every genuine punter.

If your gambling stats are anything like your punting stats? The bookies are doing very well out of you DannyJames!  :lol:

Keep going  :wacko:

ramrodronnie

Keep going  :wacko:

I will DannyJames. I'm having a punt tomorrow, and I'll be Reviewing on here afterwards. You?

ramrodronnie

Not sure if this topic has been covered or should be moved to the off-topic section  :unknown:

How do you guys find the extra cash to go punting? Odd jobs here and there, bonuses, life savings, pension, etc...

Been looking at ways to supplement extra income for my hobby. Came across "Matched Betting". Read a little about it. You basically take advantage of the free bets the bookies give you to sign up with them. Has anyone tried it and does it work?

Ask DannyJames? He apparently knows all of the best ways of making a bit of extra punting dosh. :sarcastic:

Only thing is, he don't appear to be able to afford to punt? Well he's not posted any Reviews, and he's been a member of UKP since December 2011. So we can only presume that he hasn't punted?  :unknown:

Offline bfl

How do you get 500 a month from this? from my experience theres only about 10-15 decent bookies that have sign up offers, each maybe about 30-50 pound each. Once you've got through all of them and signed up once you cant continue making money from it?
If you sign up to profit accumulater you get loads of sign up offers and bolt ons. I use 5 different accounts of different names etc. It's time consuming but easy money

DannyJames

I will DannyJames. I'm having a punt tomorrow, and I'll be Reviewing on here afterwards. You?

Mate, just give it up and accept it like a man. I've given you the evidence and you keep ignoring it - you won't even acknowledge that laying a horse involves a different cost each time.

If you believe what you said about laying favourites being profitable then I feel for you because you will end up down.

If you can't understand the maths I presented then fair enough, no shame in that.

If you won't admit that you're wrong in order to save face because of dissonance then I feel for you.

But I can't let the good people of UKP lose money because they believe the post you made and don't investigate all the maths.

I'm sure admin or Nik will be along to close this at some point because the thread is going nowhere.

Offline bfl

Have looked into profit accumulator, need to sign up and pay a subscription fee though. The returns you make 10-15 quid, is that from one single bet or collectively from all bets? If making 10 quid return from each single bet and placed 10 bets. That's 10x10=100 quid, right?

Profit accumulater is free for the 1st month and gives you 2 free bets which I made 32 quid each from on 5 different accounts. I then signed up for the monthly subscription and as long as you have the time you make money. Yes 10-15 quid a bet but as I have 5 accounts I make 50 quid a bet.

ramrodronnie

If you sign up to profit accumulater you get loads of sign up offers and bolt ons. I use 5 different accounts of different names etc. It's time consuming but easy money

Now that sounds like a plan bfl. Thanks for the tip mate.  :thumbsup:

ramrodronnie

Mate, just give it up and accept it like a man. I've given you the evidence and you keep ignoring it - you won't even acknowledge that laying a horse involves a different cost each time.

If you believe what you said about laying favourites being profitable then I feel for you because you will end up down.

If you can't understand the maths I presented then fair enough, no shame in that.

If you won't admit that you're wrong in order to save face because of dissonance then I feel for you.

But I can't let the good people of UKP lose money because they believe the post you made and don't investigate all the maths.

I'm sure admin or Nik will be along to close this at some point because the thread is going nowhere.

because they believe the post you made.

A post that I made? I think you need to zip back to the OP who actually did start this post. Something else you've got wrong DannyJames.  :lol:

Asian Hunter

Ramrodronnie and Dannyjames take a :timeout: chill guys.

Asian Hunter

Do you mean you have 5 different accounts with profit accumulator or 5 different accounts with the bookies? Don't the bookies trace IP addresses so they can track how many accounts you have etc....

Offline bfl

Do you mean you have 5 different accounts with profit accumulator or 5 different accounts with the bookies? Don't the bookies trace IP addresses so they can track how many accounts you have etc....

5 different betting accounts. I use different ips. 

Offline MrClive

I know very little about the horses but it certainly looks like he knows more about the subject than you do.

ramrodronnie

I know very little about the horses but it certainly looks like he knows more about the subject than you do.

If you know very little about the horses MrClive? Then I don't think that your in any position to comment.  :unknown:

ramrodronnie

Certainly not in any position to make judgement MrClive

Offline od13218

I have a second variable income which is a bit bigger than I make out and makes my punting financially invisible to those closest to me. A nice tax rebate has also helped me stash a third of this years punting budget away already.

tcm

Similar. My main income is variable (freelance) but mostly fairly shit- just about enough to pay the bills. I have a couple of sidelines which I claim bring in less than they do, and the difference pays for my perverted needs...
Won't touch gambling with a barge pole- seen it destroy families.
Doug

Offline MrClive

If you know very little about the horses MrClive? Then I don't think that your in any position to comment.  :unknown:

If I was going to get into the horses i'd follow his advice over yours thats for sure.

ramrodronnie

If I was going to get into the horses i'd follow his advice over yours thats for sure.

Sounds like you fancy booking him for a punt MrClive? ffs the pair of you have got shit for brains. Go and book a room with him you bloody dipstick.

Offline od13218

FFS save the punting for the WGs. Gambling is a mug's game- don't go there.

ramrodronnie

FFS save the punting for the WGs. Gambling is a mug's game- don't go there.

In the main you are absolutely correct od13218. I'm only a small time gambler. I have learned over many years how to bet responsibly, and how not to bet irresponsibly. I have learned some very hard lessons through irresponsible betting. I now only have small bets as a hobby, so know when to quit.

But there are many gamblers out there who keep chasing when they're losing, and end up losing much more, as I used to when I was young. Thought I could make myself a fortune! In hindsight, back then I was deluded.
I was young, and yes you could say stupid. But as I say, I have learned through bad mistakes in the past.

I'm not going to say that I'm ahead of the bookie, as I would be lying. But what I will say is, the bookie doesn't make very much from me anymore. There have been quite a few occasions where I have won enough money to pay for a punt or two. I can honestly say that betting has never taken enough money from me to prevent me from punting.  :hi: