Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Punting phone (Black Friday deal)  (Read 1216 times)

Offline lostandfound

This looks a good deal to me, for anyone in need of a punting phone.

£20 for a month of PAYG on EE, with an Alcatel Pixi 4 thrown in for free. I'm assuming it would be possible to cancel the PAYG renewal, and unlock the phone, and then use it with any SIM?

External Link/Members Only

It seems a good deal to me, but someone with better knowledge about phones might like to critique the offer, please. 

(In fact I was thinking about getting one as I temporarily mislaid a smartphone I use for punting - but fortunately I've found that phone! )

Offline bigarchie

I,ve got an EE phone for punting, they tried to give me packages, eg £15 per month, no doubt they are good deals but I just want a top up phone to phone whores, must be 18 months since I had to top it up, only £1.50 left on it right enough

Offline Buttons

I know Black Friday has been and gone, or is it still Black Friday weekend?....but EE PAYG credit expires after a month. So stick £10 on, use little of it, and a month later EE takes it off you again.

Seems like legalised stealing to me. Much better to go with a network like Three which doesn't expire credit. Just watch out if you don't use your phone for 6 months, as they will disconnect it.

Offline lostandfound

I know Black Friday has been and gone, or is it still Black Friday weekend?....but EE PAYG credit expires after a month. So stick £10 on, use little of it, and a month later EE takes it off you again.

Seems like legalised stealing to me. Much better to go with a network like Three which doesn't expire credit. Just watch out if you don't use your phone for 6 months, as they will disconnect it.

Yeah - that's what I was kind of saying. Get the phone for £20 with a month's calling, and then move it on to another network, like 3.

Offline Reiver

O2 have a classic sim out at the moment 5p text and minute call and you top it up when the money runs out not £10 a month top up

Offline buccdriver

Didn't OFCOM stop them doing that? I simply renew my EE PAYG credit every three or so months, or when it gets down to about £10. It hasn't expired in the meantime.

Some companies used to switch the service off if the phone hadn't been used for a while and they were stopped from doing that as well.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 09:29:36 am by buccdriver »

Offline Jimmyredcab

My punting phone is my normal phone ---------- an ancient Nokia that works fine.    :drinks: :drinks:

What is the point of a punting phone that is on a contract.    :crazy: :crazy:

Offline lostandfound

My punting phone is my normal phone ---------- an ancient Nokia that works fine.

Godwin's law as it applies to punting phones.  :sarcastic:

Offline dieseldriver

Do what I done. Get a basic nokia from Asda. £10/15 and a payg sim. Calls 8p per min, texts 4p. So long as you remember to keep it on silent in case an inpatient WG decides to call or text?

I also got an Alcatel pixie4 android from Tesco for £20. However, as I find android phones confusing, with so much stuff I don't want anyway, gonna chuck it. My normal non punting mobile is also a basic Nokia. £10 per month with Virgin Mobile, 100 mins, 100 texts.