Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: BBcode in the forum  (Read 2579 times)

Offline Hotmat

Hi,
This is probably a post for the "Off-Topic" section but I don't have access to it.

I noticed this forum is part BBcode so I can use #color=red#Hello!#/color# (replace # with [] ) to post in red for example.

But other features don't work like the size :
[size=200]LOOK AT ME![/size]

or the tables:

Hidden Image/Members Only

gives :

[th][/th]
   [th][/th]
   [th] Personality[/th]
1STUNNING CHANEL xx 9.00
2Jessica Diamond xxx 9.00

I suppose I am trying to organise my post better for easier reading.
Am I missing something out Mr Forum ?

Thanks for coming back to me.

Offline Hotmat

anybopdy here to help me out ?
 :unknown: :unknown: :unknown:

Offline cueball

anybopdy here to help me out ?
 :unknown: :unknown: :unknown:

I thought you were asking about bareback code, then I read your post.... I've not got a bloody clue what you're on about.

Offline Goldfinch

BBCode or Bulletin Board Code is a lightweight markup language used to format posts

External Link/Members Only
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 03:50:00 pm by Goldfinch »

SeekingtheTruth

All depends on what BBcode Admin has allowed to be used in the forum.

Some offer the whole range, some very little some even add their own tags.

Looks like limited BBCode here though.

Offline cueball

What exactly is broken?

Because I can't see anything that needs fixing  :unknown:

Offline Horizontal pleasures

I thought you were asking about bareback code, then I read your post.... I've not got a bloody clue what you're on about.

BB is the code or abbreviation for BareBack.

Offline Marmalade

It's easiest if you stick to the code generated by the UKP toolbar icons. For instance, picture size is controlled by a width=300 after the img tag and a space (inside the bracket). Colour is American as with all computer color codes and works for any of the 'color=' colours in the drop down box.

Offline Marmalade

BBCode or Bulletin Board Code is a lightweight markup language used to format posts

these are not consistent on all forum software though. Just use the icons unless or until you recognise the inserted codes.  :thumbsup:

Hi,
This is probably a post for the "Off-Topic" section but I don't have access to it.

I noticed this forum is part BBcode so I can use #color=red#Hello!#/color# (replace # with [] ) to post in red for example.

But other features don't work like the size :
[size=200]LOOK AT ME![/size]

or the tables:

Hidden Image/Members Only

gives :

[th][/th]
   [th][/th]
   [th] Personality[/th]
1STUNNING CHANEL xx 9.00
2Jessica Diamond xxx 9.00

I suppose I am trying to organise my post better for easier reading.
Am I missing something out Mr Forum ?

Thanks for coming back to me.

I think this must be boy jobs. I am too old to grasp it.

Gatchaman

Simple Machines Forum (which UKP runs on) has a setting for which bbcode is allowed.  Table is listed in the documentation (and has a toolbar icon to go with it) so is probably supported but not enabled.  Not sure if that's the default, or if it has been deliberately disabled.

Admin is the only one who can really answer this.

(Ref: External Link/Members Only)

OldAdmin

Yes the majority are disabled, with the exception of bold, italics and text colour.

I don't like excessive use of formatting, such as annoying things like blinking text, different font, different font sizes, etc.

Don't see why tables are required, just use PuntingWiki for a table.

Sorry to disappoint.

Offline cueball

Yes the majority are disabled, with the exception of bold, italics and text colour.

I don't like excessive use of formatting, such as annoying things like blinking text, different font, different font sizes, etc.

That'll do for me and most of the other members I'm guessing.

We don't need fancy dingly dangly trimmings and trinkets  :lol: we pay for sex and review/discuss it on here  :D

vt

Sorry to disappoint.

Good choice Admin. Other forums I've been on have all sorts of distracting & annoying stuff going on, ends up looking a mess and detracting from the content.

Tallboy2

Works really well as it is.
Colours and blinking make it difficult to read.
Here it's all simple and clear
I like it

Offline hungrypunt

Is someone trying to re invent the wheel, its all good as far as I see

format your post better by using the bold etc, as normal, its not collins english or owt

Offline Hotmat

No, it's all great for sure.
i agree
I was just hoping for tables for my reviews
no big deal...

Offline Hotmat

Hi Admin,
Hope all is good!

I know it's not an important subject, and it's been discussed before (and you probably are very busy), but has there been any change of policy on the use of table ?
I just wanted to list my table of WG in an orderly manner to share with other punter.
Given the names are not the same length it make for complicated reading (example below)
Or, second option, is there a way to make spaces consistent with the use of tabs [tab] to make the numbers appear on top of each other ?
Cheers

1  -  STUNNING CHANEL xx - 9 / 9 / 7.4 / 8.1 / 9.6 - 43.1                              Adultwork UserID : 3161116     
2  -  Jessica Diamond xxx - 9 / 9 / 7.8 / 8.1 / 9.1 - 43                              Adultwork UserID : 3743512     
3  -  Little fairy 4.11 - 9 / 9 / 8.8 / 7.2 / 8.8 - 42.8                              Adultwork UserID : 4015047     
4  -  xx Katalina xx - 9.1 / 9.1 / 8.5 / 6.5 / 9.4 - 42.6                              Adultwork UserID : 2829927     
5  -  Busty_Mandy  - 9 / 9 / 6.5 / 8 / 10 - 42.5                              Adultwork UserID : 3328939     
6  -  Naughty Nickii  - 9 / 9 / 7.9 / 7 / 9.3 - 42.2                              Adultwork UserID : 2471531     
7  -  Natalie_x - 9.1 / 9.1 / 8.8 / 6.3 / 8.8 - 42.1                              Adultwork UserID : 4151879     
8  -  Tegan x - 9 / 9 / 8.2 / 6.7 / 8.5 - 41.4                              Adultwork UserID : 4087624     
9  -  @katie price@ - 8.6 / 9 / 7 / 6.7 / 10 - 41.3                              Adultwork UserID : 4223884     

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Hi Admin,
Hope all is good!

I know it's not an important subject, and it's been discussed before (and you probably are very busy), but has there been any change of policy on the use of table ?
I just wanted to list my table of WG in an orderly manner to share with other punter.
Given the names are not the same length it make for complicated reading (example below)
Or, second option, is there a way to make spaces consistent with the use of tabs [tab] to make the numbers appear on top of each other ?
Cheers

1  -  STUNNING CHANEL xx - 9 / 9 / 7.4 / 8.1 / 9.6 - 43.1                              Adultwork UserID : 3161116     
2  -  Jessica Diamond xxx - 9 / 9 / 7.8 / 8.1 / 9.1 - 43                              Adultwork UserID : 3743512     
3  -  Little fairy 4.11 - 9 / 9 / 8.8 / 7.2 / 8.8 - 42.8                              Adultwork UserID : 4015047     
4  -  xx Katalina xx - 9.1 / 9.1 / 8.5 / 6.5 / 9.4 - 42.6                              Adultwork UserID : 2829927     
5  -  Busty_Mandy  - 9 / 9 / 6.5 / 8 / 10 - 42.5                              Adultwork UserID : 3328939     
6  -  Naughty Nickii  - 9 / 9 / 7.9 / 7 / 9.3 - 42.2                              Adultwork UserID : 2471531     
7  -  Natalie_x - 9.1 / 9.1 / 8.8 / 6.3 / 8.8 - 42.1                              Adultwork UserID : 4151879     
8  -  Tegan x - 9 / 9 / 8.2 / 6.7 / 8.5 - 41.4                              Adultwork UserID : 4087624     
9  -  @katie price@ - 8.6 / 9 / 7 / 6.7 / 10 - 41.3                              Adultwork UserID : 4223884     

Can't speak for others but I can read that list very easily, the numbers don't need to be on top of each other. Just read along one line at a time.   :unknown:

I think Admin has enough to do without fixing what isn't broken.   :hi:

Offline Hotmat

Mate I can see your are from the North East. You have, in my opinion the best quality and value for money on AW up there. Am I right? I have a decicated Tyneside HL for the trip that I want to plan there.
1st on my list would be External Link/Members Only ;)

Re the BBcode, I know, I am just a perfectionist...

Online Steely Dan

Hi Admin,
Hope all is good!

Cheers

He has already answered.  For tables go put it in PuntingWiki.  That way others can edit and keep info up to date as well. This forum is for reviews and discussions.

If you really really want to ignore what Admin says and do it here, just make the table else where and put in a screen shot!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 01:07:15 pm by Steely Dan »

Offline Hotmat

He has already answered.  For tables go put it in PuntingWiki.  That way others can edit and keep info up to date as well. This forum is for reviews and discussions.

I am asking here about [tab]

vw

No, it's all great for sure.
i agree
I was just hoping for tables for my reviews
no big deal...

tables would mess with that page being mobile friendly if the table width is over 320. 

Why not do your data in excel and post a screenshot image?    :unknown:

Online Steely Dan

I am asking here about [tab]
You are asking about how to put charts of information in a post.  Tab and table are ways to achieve this.  Put charts of information in Punting Wiki.

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Mate I can see your are from the North East. You have, in my opinion the best quality and value for money on AW up there. Am I right? I have a decicated Tyneside HL for the trip that I want to plan there.
1st on my list would be External Link/Members Only ;)

Re the BBcode, I know, I am just a perfectionist...

I think you're right about the NE, I'm a bit bias though. Have look at the list our local professor has compiled, would that format be an option?

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=146122.msg1722946#msg1722946

Offline hantshagger

Can't speak for others but I can read that list very easily, the numbers don't need to be on top of each other. Just read along one line at a time.   :unknown:

:hi:

Agree with you, I'll just add, the fact he's used colours for the various sections across , helps to read it also (when the alignment cant match up exactly)

Re: BBcode in the forum

so the whole forum is abput BB or is this a hidden code word? What are you talking about? Means nothing to me and does not look like the usual BB trollery?

Offline cueball

vw

I still can't see what's broken  :unknown:

look at his reviews at the bottom, would be nice to have tables,  we could keep a league table of sherwood touting attempts.   :sarcastic: :sarcastic:

OldAdmin

Sorry to disappoint but I don't see a good enough demand for it, that's why I keep BBCode options to minimum, only the ones most likely to be used and be useful.

Alternatively it may be possible to embed data / tables from PuntingWiki into UKP posts, that means updating a table on PW would automatically update it on all UKP posts that include it, similar to embedding YouTube videos into forum posts. Although I will have to look into that, I know how to do the UKP bit (custom BBCode), just not which MediaWiki API function to extract formatted pages.