Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: How to avoid giving the game away  (Read 3852 times)

Offline dobob

[Apologies if there is already a related topic, I couldn't find one.]

A recent punt https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=389764.0 reminded me that there are a few things you need to keep quiet about with friends and family if you want to avoid giving the game away. Being knowledgeable about the geography of places you have no reason to know is one I've been careful about for years. But this punt reminded me of a new one: having moved two months ago, I am now the proud owner of a house with three showers that are all somewhat dysfunctional in one way or another and are all different from the one in our old house. However, as a punter, I am an expert with operating dysfunctional and/or unfamiliar showers. The facilities at the aforementioned punt were in fact impeccable and carefully explained, not that I needed the explanation. I reflected, while I showered, that it was only by luck that I hadn't let slip to her indoors over the last two months that I knew exactly how to kludge round all the problems with the showers in the new house, because she would definitely have wanted to know how I knew.

Does anyone else have any tips on conversational topics to be treated with care?

Cheers!

« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 11:04:08 pm by dobob »

Offline mr.bluesky

Is this a front runner for the most pointless topic award  :unknown:

Online alabama1

[Apologies if there is already a related topic, I couldn't find one.]

A recent punt https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=389764.0 reminded me that there are a few things you need to keep quiet about with friends and family if you want to avoid giving the game away. Being knowledgeable about the geography of places you have no reason to know is one I've been careful about for years. But this punt reminded me of a new one: having moved two months ago, I am now the proud owner of a house with three showers that are all somewhat dysfunctional in one way or another and are all different from the one in our old house. However, as a punter, I am an expert with operating dysfunctional and/or unfamiliar showers. The facilities at the aforementioned punt were in fact impeccable and carefully explained, not that I needed the explanation. I reflected, while I showered, that it was only by luck that I hadn't let slip to her indoors over the last two months that I knew exactly how to kludge round all the problems with the showers in the new house, because she would definitely have wanted to know how I knew.

Does anyone else have any tips on conversational topics to be treated with care?

Cheers!
No words  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Blackpool Rock

Is this a front runner for the most pointless topic award  :unknown:
how to out yourself by stealth, the OP has now told everyone who know him and is on here about his hobby  :dash:
How many people will live in the area he punts in; have moved a couple of months ago into a house which has 3 showers and none of them quite work properly.

But apparently he's really careful not letting on that he knows about some locations  :D

Offline Colston36

No words  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Be fair; amidst the incomprehensible sludge was the incomprehensible word kludge.

Offline funfungoodguy

if his 'HID' doesn't credit him with knowing how to operate a shower, without suspecting that he might have gained this basic life skill in the home of hooker, he must live daily life under a lot of suspicion, poor bloke.

Offline pythondan

Using terms that relate to sex workers that are not in the common parlance.

e.g. OWO, A levels etc.

Also web sites. If anyone were to mention Adultwork the appropriate response is to assume it is a recruitment website like Monster and similar.

Offline mr.bluesky

Be fair; amidst the incomprehensible sludge was the incomprehensible word kludge.

Perhaps he meant klunge * (fanny) he didn't have to fanny around fixing it  :D
* a favourite expression used in the "inbetweeners" TV show.

Offline Ortame

I've installed a small pool in my front garden with a heavy dose of chlorine and a fire pit next to it.
One returning from a punt, I strip off all my clothes and burn them before jumping into the pool. There's a can of Lynx Africa on a bench next to the pool.

My excuse to the missus is that I have selective OCD and I'm a occasional germaphobe. This works a treat.

If any has any other hints/ tips/ BS stories to share that would be great  :dash:

Online Punterperson1971

I do like the word “kludge” & also “moist” maybe an idea to start a thread tiltled most interesting word thread?
Op I think you’ve started something now
« Last Edit: November 14, 2023, 09:41:55 am by Punterperson1971 »

Offline Mrwumpty

Im now sh!t scared to have a shower or take Mrs W to the shop incase she works out my hobby :scare:

Online Punterperson1971

Im now sh!t scared to have a shower or take Mrs W to the shop incase she works out my hobby :scare:
Well I’m sponsored by radox shower gel now

Offline shagmore

* a favourite expression used in the "inbetweeners" TV show.
[/quote]

One brilliant word

Offline dobob

how to out yourself by stealth, the OP has now told everyone who know him and is on here about his hobby  :dash:
How many people will live in the area he punts in; have moved a couple of months ago into a house which has 3 showers and none of them quite work properly.

But apparently he's really careful not letting on that he knows about some locations  :D

Please lighten up. I am very certain that any of my family or friends who might use UKP will be as keen to be discrete as I am. The information about my move and the showers will certainly not enable anyone to pinpoint who I am. If you actuallly read my post, my (rather light-hearted) concern was about conversational slips not slips on social media.

To sum up, I am sorry that your sense of balance and your sense of humour aren't working very well and please don't patronise people.

Cheers.

Offline dobob

Read a dictionary: a "kludge" (pronounced something like "clooj") is an improvised solution. It doesn't rhyme with "sludge". You must have led a very sheltered life not to have come across this word.

Cheers!

Offline Blackpool Rock

Please lighten up. I am very certain that any of my family or friends who might use UKP will be as keen to be discrete as I am. The information about my move and the showers will certainly not enable anyone to pinpoint who I am. If you actuallly read my post, my (rather light-hearted) concern was about conversational slips not slips on social media.

To sum up, I am sorry that your sense of balance and your sense of humour aren't working very well and please don't patronise people.

Cheers.
Irony eh  :rolleyes:

Offline dobob

Work it out Trigger  :hi:

If you want your posts to be incomprehensible, that's down to you. Don't tell me to work things out that you haven't made clear.

Offline Blackpool Rock

If you want your posts to be incomprehensible, that's down to you. Don't tell me to work things out that you haven't made clear.
It's your own posts that you need to go back and read  :drinks:

Offline dobob

It's your own posts that you need to go back and read  :drinks:

So let's step back and be really kind to each other. What on earth are you talking about?

Offline Blackpool Rock

So let's step back and be really kind to each other. What on earth are you talking about?
The irony is that your replies come across as being patronising however you are telling others not to be  :hi:

You tell Colston to read a dictionary and say he must have led a very sheltered life not to have come across a particular word
You tell me to lighten up and question my sense of balance and sense of humour then give an order not to patronise people

You're now claiming that your original post was light hearted (as in a bit of a joke  :unknown:) however it didn't read that way to myself and judging by the replies I don't think it did to others too

The  :D emoji that I used at the end of my original comment perhaps should have indicated that in fact I was the one who was being light hearted and joking  :unknown: So perhaps it's you that needs to "lighten up"  :drinks:

Offline dobob

I still don't have a clue what you are talking about. Never mind.

Cheers.

Offline hairdownthere

Read a dictionary: a "kludge" (pronounced something like "clooj") is an improvised solution. It doesn't rhyme with "sludge". You must have led a very sheltered life not to have come across this word.

Cheers!

I've never heard the word, and I certainly haven't led a sheltered life.

Offline Blackpool Rock

I still don't have a clue what you are talking about. Never mind.

Cheers.
It's been explanined in simple terms and you still (claim) to not understand, like I said work it out Trigger  :hi:

Offline NelsonH

I'd say that kludge is primarily American usage and mainly from the days of early tech.  British usage for the same thing is Bodge.  A job you do with what you have at hand to get something going, rather than a factory produced solution.

Offline shagmore

It's been explanined in simple terms and you still (claim) to not understand, like I said work it out Trigger  :hi:
Same here, I thought I had a good vocabulary,  and I know for sure I have not led a sheltered life

Offline 90125

• Forum Admin
  • Reviews: 0
I'd say that kludge is primarily American usage and mainly from the days of early tech.  British usage for the same thing is Bodge.  A job you do with what you have at hand to get something going, rather than a factory produced solution.

You would do better spending your time writing a review  ;)