Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: 2022-23 Football season  (Read 64463 times)

Online mr.bluesky

At this point in time I wonder what the result would be Manchester United Vs England ( women's team)???

If you defend like you did against Brentford the England's women's team would stuff you  :D
In fact my local u14's team would probably beat you too.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 11:26:17 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline Blackpool Rock

Souness has said nothing wrong,was spot on and a The 2 managers just let off steam after then let it go,no problem.
This is the problem these days that too many people are quick to take offense at the slightest thing; comment or even words said in the wrong order.
About time they put the Lionesses up against a club from the Prem to see how they get on; then against a Championship side; League 1 and so on until we actually get an idea of the standard they are at.

Been talk about them deserving equal pay to the men which I agree with but it needs to be pegged at the same level as the men they are on a par with

Offline jackdaw

This is the problem these days that too many people are quick to take offense at the slightest thing; comment or even words said in the wrong order.
About time they put the Lionesses up against a club from the Prem to see how they get on; then against a Championship side; League 1 and so on until we actually get an idea of the standard they are at.

Been talk about them deserving equal pay to the men which I agree with but it needs to be pegged at the same level as the men they are on a par with

My mate (largely reliable on facts) told me Sheff United womens 11 had a training match against clubs under 15s boys side. Apparently boys won 10 to 0
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 01:03:08 pm by jackdaw »

Offline george r

My mate (largely reliable on facts) told me Sheff United womens 11 had a training match against clubs under 15s boys side. Apparently boys won 10 to 0

i heard they also missed a penalty  :D

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
A transformation @ StJamesPark
Before xmas the bookies favourite for relegation, by a considerable margin

Its aint so simpletto @ OldT
Seven straight away defeats
Divided indeed & Captain Ronnie has his own 'special operation' to leave
Their next game has just been made even harder with last night's result
Klippety Klopp will have the players well fired up
I cant see Citeh dropping many points, especially when Haaland is firing on all cylinders
& Liverpool giving them 6 or 7 points advantage even so early on could have dire consequences
Sunday against Man City's going to be a bit of a yardstick for where we are, I'd settle for a 0 - 0 to be honest. Newcastle's 40/1 for relegation on Skybet, makes a change from relegation favourites halfway through the season. Man U are 25/1 BTW.

5 of our next 6 games are being broadcast including Liverpool away at the end of the month.

Offline webpunter

Neville reckoned it was U9s  :lol:

If you defend like you did against Brentford the England's women's team would stuff you  :D
In fact my local u14's team would probably beat you too.

Offline king tarzan

Neville reckoned it was U9s  :lol:

No way will United be relegated..
That's unreasonable and unrealistic expectations..
Many football supporters would love that..
That certainly will not ever ever happen in my lifespan anyways

Simpletto signor 🙌🙌🙌
Banned reason: Misogynist who gets free bookings from agencies for pos reviews.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline webpunter

Leeds shipped 7 last season, might have been 8  :dash:
At least it wasnt double figures
I'd take 0-0
Citeh are at Bell End Road on boxing day
The 1st match after the world cup
Citeh's players are more likely to be involved at the later stages of the tournament
Thus one of the better match timings

Other than for for when Citeh had pretty much already won the Prem in the 2020-21 season & Leeds were at the Etihad
Citeh focusing on the Champions League [CL]
Leeds only had two shots on target & both went in, winning 2-1  :yahoo:
Bielsa is Pep's mate so maybe he said to the players to take it a bit easy, especially with the CL coming up

Kalvin Phillips has had all of a couple of mins Prem match time so far [came on 88th min season opener]
& didnt even make the bench at the w/e
He needn't worry, Pep will be starting him for this Leeds match
Supposedly he's on 150 a week, with Newcastle offering 125
If he had really wanted to stay Leeds could have gone to 100 [Rodrigo is on this] & more likely 125
If he doesnt get some match time soon his place in the world cup squad will begin to look iffy
Southgate will put players in the squad who have historically performed well, however KP is injury prone
Which will work against him as riskier to include him in the squad 

Sunday against Man City's going to be a bit of a yardstick for where we are, I'd settle for a 0 - 0 to be honest. Newcastle's 40/1 for relegation on Skybet, makes a change from relegation favourites halfway through the season. Man U are 25/1 BTW.

5 of our next 6 games are being broadcast including Liverpool away at the end of the month.

Offline webpunter

We do know that
Know its on your mind, just a teeny weeny bit
Hence by writing & sharing this it makes you feel more confident about the season
There are deffo three worse teams than ManU so sleep easy
As for supporters who would love that
External Link/Members Only -  "I will luv it"
 :lol:

No way will United be relegated..
That's unreasonable and unrealistic expectations..
Many football supporters would love that..
That certainly will not ever ever happen in my lifespan anyways

Simpletto signor 🙌🙌🙌

Offline king tarzan

We do know that
Hence by writing & sharing this it makes you feel more confident about the season

To use the word ' worse' is el-insulto

Simpletto signor 🙌🙌🙌

Offline webpunter

External Link/Members Only
ManU's annual wage bill @ 202 mill

Brentford @ 17 mill

Some of the player wages need updating
However ManU's wage bill is around 13x that of Brentford's
Ease this back a bit, assume 10x
Yet ManU look like a shower  :lol:
A very expensive one

At least ManU are top of one league

The link shows all the prem teams, if its your club you'll see some errors here & there but not a million miles out

Offline webpunter

Cage
Rattled
?

The only reason Leeds didnt go down last season is that thankfully there were three teams worse than them
Fine margins
Amongst other things
  • a supa magpies performance last match of the season
  • Rapinha played his socks off, even though it would have been financially beneficial to him if Leeds got relegated.  Respec   
  • the leeds squad really put a performance in against Brentford, like err desire to win
  • larry luck
The same again this season however better equipped to cope with injuries deeper squad etc

I will laarf my tits off if the mickeys spank ManU  :yahoo:
The relegation odds will tumble
You had better get used to the R word, simples

To use the word ' worse' is el-insulto

Simpletto signor 🙌🙌🙌

Offline timsussex

I see some Liverpool "fans" are showing their sporting side again

It will certainly be interesting when Nunez comes up against some of the real windup merchants in the rest of the league - let alone the fans.

He will certainly have a target on his back - and will be a challenge for Klopp's man management to keep him under control  - perhaps Valium or ear plugs ?

Offline lillythesavage

We do know that

Not any worse so far  :D, early days, but it would be so good seeing the fake Rasta turned Italian eat his words  :lol:

You need some Manchester lingo KT, but as you have never been there guess that is asking too much  :lol:

Offline Thephoenix

The difference between Manchester City and Liverpool is that City have substitutes who could probably get a place in any premiership side, whereas Liverpool had to field a 36 year old, a 19 year old and a bloke who's been on loan to other clubs for the last 3 years.
They've also bought another hot headed Uruguayan striker..... obviously forgotten the last time they did that.
At least he hasn't bitten anyone yet.   :(

« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 04:55:18 am by Thephoenix »

Offline jackdaw

The difference between Manchester City and Liverpool is that City have substitutes who could probably get a place in any premiership side, whereas Liverpool had to field a 36 year old, a 19 year old and a bloke who's been on loan to other clubs for the last 3 years.
They've also bought another hot headed Uruguayan striker..... obviously forgotten the last time they did that.
At least he hasn't bitten anyone yet.   :(

That worked out pretty well for them. He scored a load of goals, created havoc, and was sold to Barcelona for an enormous profit.

Offline Blackpool Rock

Will Man Utd have a new owner soon  :unknown:

Elon Musk has randomly tweeted that he's buying them  :scare:

Offline HighlyMotivated

Will Man Utd have a new owner soon  :unknown:

Elon Musk has randomly tweeted that he's buying them  :scare:

Under the same Tweet, he clarifies that he's 100% joking

Offline Thephoenix

That worked out pretty well for them. He scored a load of goals, created havoc, and was sold to Barcelona for an enormous profit.
Yes..... I hope this young hot head learns his lesson.

Offline radioman33

COV City game off Saturday they haven’t even got a decent pitch to play on after the rugby being played on it,what a shambles.

Online mr.bluesky

COV City game off Saturday they haven’t even got a decent pitch to play on after the rugby being played on it,what a shambles.

Yes the stadium staged the comonwealth games rugby 7's , something like 67 games over three days which has left the pitch in a terrible  state. The only solution is to relay the pitch but stadium landlords Wasps are in terrible financial problems. They were supposed to pay back 35 million pound to bondholders at the end of May for the purchase of a 250 year lease of the stadium which they have yet to do. Relations between Wasps Rugby club and Coventry city have always been strained but this has made matters worse . The football club only moved back to the city last season after 2 years of playing their home games at Birmingham  city's St. Andrews stadium and a season playing in Northampton.  If and when it's all resolved Coventry will be playing catch up on the other teams. Not ideal. The problem is the people who run Wasps Rugby and the people who run Coventry City are both incompetent.  :dash: There is always going to be problems when two different sports share the same stadium.  I know there are a couple of Rugby League clubs who share a stadium with football clubs ( Hull, Wigan and Huddersfield) but there is very little overlap of the seasons.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 08:54:50 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline lillythesavage

Yes the stadium staged the comonwealth games rugby 7's , something like 67 games over three days which has left the pitch in a terrible  state. The only solution is to relay the pitch but stadium landlords Wasps are in terrible financial problems. They were supposed to pay back 35 million pound to bondholders at the end of May for the purchase of a 250 year lease of the stadium which they have yet to do. Relations between Wasps Rugby club and Coventry city have always been strained but this has made matters worse . The football club only moved back to the city last season after 2 years of playing their home games at Birmingham  city's St. Andrews stadium and a season playing in Northampton.  If and when it's all resolved Coventry will be playing catch up on the other teams. Not ideal. The problem is the people who run Wasps Rugby and the people who run Coventry City are both incompetent.  :dash: There is always going to be problems when two different sports share the same stadium.  I know there are a couple of Rugby League clubs who share a stadium with football clubs ( Hull, Wigan and Huddersfield) but there is very little overlap of the seasons.

Daniel Levy manages to run two sports without problem, bit of boxing too,  :D. Maybe not week in week out though  :lol:

Offline radioman33

Good win for Reading last night 3-0 against leaders Blackburn Rovers after they lost 4 nil away on Saturday,more passion than Man Utd them players.Just never know in the championship.

Online mr.bluesky

Online mr.bluesky

Good win for Reading last night 3-0 against leaders Blackburn Rovers after they lost 4 nil away on Saturday,more passion than Man Utd them players.Just never know in the championship.

So unpredictable is the Championship, anybody can beat anybody on their day. Luton who just missed out on promotion last season are still looking for their first win , likewise West Brom who are fancied for promotion.  Long way to go yet but Sheffield Utd look a good bet to go up.

Offline Gordon Bennett

They shouldn't be allowed to keep postponing their games. Should be compelled to play fixture at any ground that's available, there must be somewhere free on Saturday available to host the game. Yes it will cost them money and disadvantage them but tough-titty, this is the EFL not amateur tiddltywinks league. Getting a 46-game season completed requires tight control and organisation and they are fucking up big time with  this pitch shambles that has no imminent sign of being resolved.

Offline Blackpool Rock

So unpredictable is the Championship, anybody can beat anybody on their day. Luton who just missed out on promotion last season are still looking for their first win , likewise West Brom who are fancied for promotion.  Long way to go yet but Sheffield Utd look a good bet to go up.
Fuck knows why WBA were fancied to go up, their season took a dive last year once Steve Bruce went there and he's still there so no wonder they are in the bottom 3, that bloke has the Midas touch in reverse  :sarcastic:

Online mr.bluesky

They shouldn't be allowed to keep postponing their games. Should be compelled to play fixture at any ground that's available, there must be somewhere free on Saturday available to host the game. Yes it will cost them money and disadvantage them but tough-titty, this is the EFL not amateur tiddltywinks league. Getting a 46-game season completed requires tight control and organisation and they are fucking up big time with  this pitch shambles that has no imminent sign of being resolved.

Coventry have tried to get the home fixtures reversed to the away team but none of the opposing clubs have agreed to it so far. This weekend they were due to play Huddersfield at home and tried to get it switched to Huddersfield but they said no. As they share the stadium with Wasps Rugby club who are the landlords they are responsible for maintenance of the pitch which they have failed to do after the Rugby 7's were played there for the commonwealth games. Considering Coventry have had to play their home games at Birmingham City and Northampton in the last few seasons its a miracle the club are still in existence. Today it was announced that the football club will help Wasps repair the damaged pitch as the Rugby club  are in deep financial trouble. All these postponed fixtures are not doing Coventry city any favours as they will have a backlog of fixtures to play and are not getting any revenue from staging home games.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 07:45:55 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline Gordon Bennett

Been watching the All or Nothing Arsenal on Amazon this week. Enjoying it too - a decent watch.

I've previously watched and liked the Leeds and Sunderland versions. Didn't take to the Spurs one and don't fancy the Man City one.

Anyway, the Arsenal kids are surprisingly grounded, humble and dare I say it likeable. Sako, Smith-Rowe, Martinelli, Tierney, Ramsdale seem to have their feet on the ground. You definitely get a sense of a revolution underway with Arteta based upon clearing out overpaid lazy big-time Charlies in favour of sensible focussed players with a solid work ethic.

Based on this look behind the scenes I'd back Arsenal to better what they did last season and be genuine contenders for top 4 this term. Who knows, any slips or stumbles from LFC or CFC might well see AFC being the ones trying to nip at City's heels.

Online mr.bluesky

Fuck knows why WBA were fancied to go up, their season took a dive last year once Steve Bruce went there and he's still there so no wonder they are in the bottom 3, that bloke has the Midas touch in reverse  :sarcastic:

To be fair Steve Bruce has a decent track record at Championship level. He was out of his depth at Newcastle but it seems the game has moved on but left Bruce behind.

Offline radioman33

Apparently Coventry will have pitch ready for the home game on 31 August against Preston NE.
Artificial fibres are going to try and get a game on.Probably be like the old pitches in 1980s which were no good.

Hidden Image/Members Only
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 08:55:31 pm by radioman33 »

Online mr.bluesky

Apparently Coventry will have pitch ready for the home game on 31 August against Preston NE.
Artificial fibres are going to try and get a game on.Probably be like the old pitches in 1980s which were no good.

1970 FA Cup final at Wembley between Leeds and Chelsea , this was the standard of pitches in those days. Modern day footballers wouldn't be able to cope with those sort of pitches today.
Most modern day pitches are a mixture of real grass and artificial grass fibre that's why they generally are hard wearing and in good condition even in the winter.Derby county's pitch at the old Baseball ground was about 70% mud, 20% sand and 10% grass back in the 70's  :D
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 09:17:46 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline ulstersubbie

1970 FA Cup final at Wembley between Leeds and Chelsea , this was the standard of pitches in those days.

Not only that, the replay was even worse. The tackling then would not have been allowed today, in fact the game would have been abandoned due to lack of players on the pitch!

Offline webpunter

Game abandoned, indeed you are correct

When Chelsea faced Leeds United in the 1970 FA Cup final, the match finished 2-2 after extra-time and both sides engaged in a lap of honour around the Wembley pitch
The field was in such a rotten condition afterwards, though, that the replay had to be played at Old Trafford, and the atmosphere was considerably less good-natured.

Dave Sexton’s London outfit were considered as flashy and flamboyant southerners, while the Peacocks had gained a reputation as “Dirty Leeds” under Don Revie for their negative and cynical approach
The contrast in styles and geography added spice to this encounter and the return fixture became one of the most iconic matches in English football, for good and bad reasons.

The two teams were later praised for competing in such a determined manner in a highly competitive match, but were also criticised for being so overtly physical
Chelsea’s Ron ‘Chopper’ Harris lived up to his name by kicking Eddie Gray in the back of the knee, while Eddie McCreadie completed a flying kick on Billy Bremner’s head.

And those were only the most notable incidents in the game; Hutchinson and Norman Hunter also traded punches and Jack Charlton kneed and headbutted Peter Osgood, with plenty more niggle throughout the decider as well.

“Modern-day referee David Elleray reviewed the match in 1997,” according to Wikipedia,
“and concluded that the sides would have received six red cards and twenty yellow cards between them, in the modern era of football.”
And yet, Chelsea’s Ian Hutchinson was the only one to get booked through the 90 minutes.

The Blues won the replay 2-1 to secure their first ever FA Cup win having only lead the tie once across both matches.

Hence the phrase Dirty Leeds used by Chelsea fans  :D

Not only that, the replay was even worse. The tackling then would not have been allowed today, in fact the game would have been abandoned due to lack of players on the pitch!

Offline nwluvit

Classic match.
Blue was the colour. Not sure about football being the game.
But definitelly wiining was the aim!!
I guess the language and bruises were very blue!!

Online chrishornx

“Modern-day referee David Elleray reviewed the match in 1997,” according to Wikipedia,
“and concluded that the sides would have received six red cards and twenty yellow cards between them, in the modern era of football.”
And yet, Chelsea’s Ian Hutchinson was the only one to get booked through the 90 minutes.

doesn't make sense that WP

12 players - 20 yellow cards would be 8 red cards

it certainly was a memorable game
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 12:22:58 am by chrishornx »

Offline webpunter

I didnt go into the technicalities, blame ellery
Its a tremendous tally

And makes Chelsea Spurs battle of the bridge look like kindergarden stuff
Tho in the modern era this was lots of fun to watch 

Back in the day when players put in a big tackle they'd stick their arm up with one finger showing
Like the 1st one
& that was that, the ref had marked their card metaphorically speaking
Its like having a mulligan

I was a bit young to remember the match in question, though i did go to see Leeds by the mid 70s as a young kid
After Leeds got beat by sunderland in the FA Cup i cried
Then watching the repeat / highlights on MOTD i was praying the result might be different  :lol:

doesn't make sense that WP

12 players - 20 yellow cards would be 8 red cards

it certainly was a memorable game

Offline shaft10

Jim Ratcliffe linked to buying Man Utd

If this is true then that to me underpins everything we all already know about the Glazers. They are supposedly willing to sell a minority stake just to get some investment into the club ... whilst still taking their cut, and putting fuck all back in ..

Their take-over wouldn't be sanction by the FA under current rules.

Utd could be relegation candidates ... your never to good to go down

Offline Blackpool Rock

If this is true then that to me underpins everything we all already know about the Glazers. They are supposedly willing to sell a minority stake just to get some investment into the club ... whilst still taking their cut, and putting fuck all back in ..

I'm thinking the Glazers perhaps want out as they know everyone hates them and their time is up along with the potential for reduced revenues if the club performance continues to stumble and the need for investment at the same time.

Selling a minority stake which then gets bigger and bigger gives them a way out while still saving face

Offline lillythesavage

Going down could be a blessing in disguise for UTD fans, though it will not register, it would reduce the value, the Glazers will want out, and the club should get the wholesale changes it needs.

Offline Gordon Bennett

That's not true. They are making noises about banning takeovers that load debt onto a club but they have not actually changed/amended any of their rules yet. I believe it's something they want to discuss with the 20 clubs in the Autumn but I would not assume the current owners would support the change - if say the owner of Southampton wanted to sell up pronto they'd want a wide suite of potential buyers, why would they care about what financial mechanism/instrument their buyer was using?

Ultimately the Prem are always blathering on about "fit and proper owners", "FFP" and "Sustainability Rules" but fuck all changes and the same circus rolls on every year. My feeling is that the Prem is for sale to whoever has the most cash to hand and they couldn't give a toss where that cash comes from from despite their hand-wringing and posturing trying to say otherwise.

Offline threechilliman

Absolutely my view. Ignore it at your peril.

Offline Blackpool Rock

Absolutely my view. Ignore it at your peril.
Obviously Leeds won the last 1st division in 91/92 before the formation of the PL but then only just scraped not being relegated the next season

Offline lillythesavage

Hate to say it and early days, but Arsenal look impressive.

Offline Blackpool Rock

Lost their 1st 3 games last season and won their 1st 3 this season, as I previously posted they had a really good run last season but slipped at the end however I think they have gone below the radar a bit

Offline lillythesavage

Lost their 1st 3 games last season and won their 1st 3 this season, as I previously posted they had a really good run last season but slipped at the end however I think they have gone below the radar a bit

I can see the two North London teams dragging each other in battle to the top 4. Both had decent starts for a change, even Kane :D.

Conte is not getting the starting 11 right yet, but is turning it round second half and they are playing to the end whistle, not like Spurs at all  :D

Offline king tarzan

Don't forget the team languishing at the bottom keeping warm for someone else until the they get to the summit and dance and celebrate
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 10:57:42 am by king tarzan »

Online mr.bluesky

It seems Man Utd are a club with more money than sense. Is Casemiro the sort of signing that's going to turn around Man Utds fortunes. :unknown:  I think Old Trafford has now become retirement home for Real Madrid players  :D What a contrast to the sort of signings Eddie Howe is making at Newcastle  . Didn't Man Utd learn anything from signing Di Maria from Real Madrid. Look how well that turned out  :sarcastic:
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 11:07:33 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline Rick2468

Don't support them but agreed. They signed exactly the type of players they needed. Will be interesting to see how they do against the best teams in the league but I expect them to go top 4.

Palace have had a decent start as well, got 4 points but against good teams. I thought Southampton would be struggle but I watched their game yesterday and their new signings look exciting. Leicester were truly awful though they had good possession but created nothing I just knew Southampton were going to win. Everton going be be bad this season I think and the transfer window is crucial for them.

Man Utd are more of a joke then they have ever been and could finish in the bottom half. Most their team are on £200,000 a week or more but they still need a whole new first 11 I think. CR7 is a legend but his attitude stinks and it did at Juve as well and he cost them some crucial games. He needs to shut up and just play rather than creating huge distractions whenever he wants to moan about something.