Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Facebook scams, getting your own back?  (Read 583 times)

Online danny#3

Is it possible to set up a standing order payment from someones account when all I have is their name, sort code and bank account? This prick is scamming people for money for things that won't get delivered but when people answer the advert to collect, he is giving my friends address. Lots of irate people are turning up at my friends house, she has replied to the advert on the basis of wanting to buy and managed to get the bank details.

Is there any way of causing them some nuisance with the info she has?

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Firstly what has this got to do with punting and secondly report it to the police, why involve yourself with fraud and risk prosecution.

Offline sensualencounter

Is it possible to set up a standing order payment from someones account when all I have is their name, sort code and bank account? This prick is scamming people for money for things that won't get delivered but when people answer the advert to collect, he is giving my friends address. Lots of irate people are turning up at my friends house, she has replied to the advert on the basis of wanting to buy and managed to get the bank details.

So you’re looking at committing fraud to get back at someone???  :dash: :dash:

Offline shed

Offline puntingking

for all we know you could be the scammer trying to scam someone. If i did know i would not tell you.  :rolleyes:

Online Ashley_M

• Service Provider

Why you would immediately jump to fraud instead of reporting to the police is anyone's guess... but given plenty WGs give out their sort code and bank account number for deposits being paid, I'm highly sceptical of the intentions behind this post.
For what it's worth, no, there isn't a way of doing that with just a bank account number and sort code - fortunately, otherwise every business or individual out there using transfers for payment would be getting scammed extremely often. It's very safe so I'm afraid you're out of luck.

Online Munter84

The sort code will tell you which bank they're with. Report them as a scammer to their bank and they'll have their account investigated. Can't promise what, if anything, will come of it of course.

Online danny#3

Thanks for the info, Facebook and the police have been notified, I just thought I could have some fun at their expense but sadly not.

The police were grateful for the bank account details

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Thanks for the info, Facebook and the police have been notified, I just thought I could have some fun at their expense but sadly not.

Stealing money from their account is fun to you??   :unknown:  You're as bad as them.   :thumbsdown:

BTW I don't believe you have notified the police, only a complete idiot would contemplate fraudulently interfering with a bank account the police were investigating.

Offline myothernameis

This happens a lot, and one thing you could do, is share this person details on Facebook, so to warn other.  But something like this, isnt just solely on facebook, other sites like ebay, amazon, so you have to be careful where you buy online

Offline jimbobted

Is it possible to set up a standing order payment from someones account when all I have is their name, sort code and bank account?
No, of course it isn't!

Online Milfman1112

What a stupid thing to ask, even think,

You are as bad as them if yiu try to do this,
Inform the police and facebook, ask for ad to be taken down and share the details.

Offline Blackpool Rock

As already advised and as you say you've done contact the police and facebook

I can see why you would want to get back at them or cause them some sort of disruption but don't do anything fraudulent yourself or that could get you in trouble.
I don't use social media (apart from this site) but is there a way of sharing the advert with lots of other people on facebook who then make enquiries but have no intention of purchasing  :unknown:
It would perhaps mean they wasted their time answering questions etc but got nothing back at the end of it and nobody breaks the law  :thumbsup: 

Offline mazda40

Happened to loud mouth Clarkson years back. Don't know if procedures have changed since 2007, but definitely was possible back then.
External Link/Members Only.