Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: WG Being a Detective?  (Read 3171 times)

Offline jambogaz

So I messaged a lady on AW that had retired for a while, and then re-appeared the other day.  I had met her several times and we had gotten on pretty well, and I was looking forward to making her acquaintance again.  She knows I am married and has mentioned it in the past in conversation as she had seen my ring, but I had also mentioned to her that my wife had serious health issues making it a problem in the bedroom.

So the AW message was replied to with a nice, friendly message, providing me with a number to call/text. 

A little while later I was wondering if this lady was available, so sent off a quick text, saying thanks for the number, and are you free etc etc.  The reply came back "who is this?".  I answered back, and she sent a message back saying something along the lines of "Oh, thats fine, it's just your number came up as (woman's first name - also my wife's name, also a pretty unusual name!).  I got a little freaked out and just sent back a "oh thats weird" message, and we haven't corresponded since. 

My Mrs doesn't use this phone, and I haven't told this lady her name ever, and never would.  There is no possible connection between these 2 people.  Even the location is far enough away that it is not a possibility.  All seems a bit weird to me.  Especially given the original friendly tone in the AW message. 

My first thought was bin the phone, cancel the AW account and try to remove all traces of myself, but am I being paranoid?  I personally think she has been digging, but God knows why.  I wouldn't even class myself as a regular of hers.

Thoughts/Advice chaps?

Offline BlueRock

Either the phone number has been used by your wife at some point in the past, or assuming you bought the sim card just for punting she may of done some digging. Bin the sim card and lock down the security on social media. It could well be sheer coincidence but I've encountered a few crazy WGs (remember they're women so expect anything).

Offline jeanphillipe

Im sure you have already done this but, have you googled your no? Also check its not in the truecaller app.

Offline Marmalade

Im sure you have already done this but, have you googled your no? Also check its not in the truecaller app.

Truecaller — a lot of holes there.  First if you register with it (which is a requirement) use a burner phone ffs. Their security record is horrendous and the collect a shitload of information. Secondly, which is maybe what Jean Phillips meant (though if so it needs to be clearer imo), the point of checking if your number’s there would be to see if your wife has fucking entered it. According to several tech companies, it does, or has, collected all the numbers in your contact list (or someone else’s contact list) for their database. They deny it but nevertheless have tried to patch it.

Tech report: External Link/Members Only
Privacy risks, past hacks etc: External Link/Members Only
Harvesting of friends’ numbers: External Link/Members Only
Saafe: External Link/Members Only
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 04:06:23 am by Marmalade »

Offline thekingreturns

Could you be using iMessage... as I've had it before where its come up as a number or as an email address (if your wifes name is In the email address that could be the answer)

Offline RobertoBooBoo

Bin the number and close the account here and elswhere. I would. Cover all the traces and start with a different username here and elsewhere.

Too much of a coincedance!

Offline redveee

Could be a Google thing. I called a girl about something and her name came up on my phone but that was the first time I called her and if I had saved her number it would have been under the business name, not her personal details.

Offline cheshiremark

some phones are doing this now. I sold a car earlier this year and had some enquiries, where the caller ID was once just a number I didnt know and wasnt stored in my contacts list, on a couple of occasions the callers name came up on the screen, even though we had never met, were at different ends of the county and the only contact was the potential buyer calling me....

Online scutty brown

some phones have the Google dialer replaced with Truecaller by default, for instance WileyFox phones
Even though I'm not enrolled in Truecaller, I had a problem recently when I used the phone to dial a parlour for the first time - and my name popped up on their phone. I'm not enrolled in FB/Twatter or anything like that (at least not with my real name). The data must either have been pulled from my Google account with which the phone is registered, or else Truecaller interrogated someone elses phonebook and got it from there

Offline pewpewpew

I mis read the title as "wg being defective". Had loads to add and feel a little deflated now

Offline The_Scarecrow

One possible scenario (assuming this isn't a punting phone) is that one of your wife's mates has truecaller (or similar phone app) and has your number in their address book, maybe as an alternative No. for your Mrs.
That means that your number will be stored on truecaller's database (with you Wife's name) and her name will show whenever you ring a truecaller user.

Could be worse - it could be the WG that entered you into her address book with the name "jambogaz(licks cum off titties)". Try explaining that when the Mrs asks to borrow your phone to ring her mate because her battery's dead!