Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Blackpool hopes to remove all strip clubs  (Read 923 times)

Offline sparkus

Only been to Blackpool once (OH idea of an amusing/ironic short break) but was amazed by how many in yer face saunas and brothels there was.

Offline SamOmar

I think it's a terrible idea. I think Blackpool should be known as an entertainment hub for all sorts of people benefiting both the public and local economy. Families still go to Vegas / Bangkok despite the seedy nightlife.
Banned reason: Undesirable, convicted sex trafficker / pimp
Banned by: daviemac

Offline sparkus

I think it's a terrible idea. I think Blackpool should be known as an entertainment hub for all sorts of people benefiting both the public and local economy. Families still go to Vegas / Bangkok despite the seedy nightlife.

All parts of the UK are now reworking their tourist offer in the knowledge that the next couple of years will see more domestic tourists because of people who can't or won't go overseas.

Given the bucket and spade brigade families on a budget and pensioners will always flock there, it's obviously a calculation they can broaden their appeal to middle class staycationers who would be tempted if the seedy image was given a makeover.

When I was at uni in Manchester, Blackpool's reputation was DSS bedsits and heroin addicts.

My trip to Bangkok (with OH) raised a few eyebrows among friends and family :D
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 10:30:40 pm by sparkus »

Offline Fac51

Just read the article - complete bollox !  :dash:

I've been to Bpool several times on stage do's - and never visited one of the lap dancing clubs

Keep them open - as long as the girls who work there are looked after by the management

Offline Stevelondon

Just read the article - complete bollox !  :dash:

I've been to Bpool several times on stage do's - and never visited one of the lap dancing clubs

Keep them open - as long as the girls who work there are looked after by the management

Agree totally.

Haven’t been to Blackpool for donkeys years and I have to admit. I never thought of the place as THE PLACE to go for stripping and lap dancing.
I always thought it was all about the lights, donkey rides abc the pleasure beach.

Learn something new every day

Online scutty brown

This has been known about for a year or so. Truth is they need closing: the repeated reports of the bouncers extorting customers are too frequent to be made up. Numerous records of drinks being overcharged, customers forced to pay excessive bills by card, and just simple violence and intimidation. The Blackpool strip clubs are just criminal scams
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 10:40:33 pm by scutty brown »

Offline mistertoad

I've taken the kids to Blackpool plenty of times & they love it. They don't notice what a shithole it is. It will still be full of families & drunken nobheads (which arent always mutually exclusive) whether the strip clubs are there or not.

Online Takeapunt81

This has been known about for a year or so. Truth is they need closing: the repeated reports of the bouncers extorting customers are too frequent to be made up. Numerous records of drinks being overcharged, customers forced to pay excessive bills by card, and just simple violence and intimidation. The Blackpool strip clubs are just criminal scams

Used many Blackpool strip clubs and never had these problems

Offline Blackpool Rock

I haven't read the article but as Scutty indicates this isn't a new initiative and there was either a thread or it was mentioned in a thread within the last couple of years.

Not sure a strip club is any worse looking at it from the outside than any other pub  :unknown:

If they want to improve the image they could perhaps clean the fucking pavements a bit, i've walked down the Prom before mid summer and the pavement not only looked like the inside of a wheelie bin but it smelt like it too.

Get rid of the group of piss heads who seem to occupy the shelters all day long just South of the Metropole around the War memorial.
They're obviously all pissed but along with that goes loud talking / arguing / aggressive behaviour and the shelters often reek of piss along with the evidence of a trail of liquid running down the road mid afternoon  :thumbsdown:

Offline lillythesavage

All parts of the UK are now reworking their tourist offer in the knowledge that the next couple of years will see more domestic tourists because of people who can't or won't go overseas.

Given the bucket and spade brigade families on a budget and pensioners will always flock there, it's obviously a calculation they can broaden their appeal to middle class staycationers who would be tempted if the seedy image was given a makeover.

When I was at uni in Manchester, Blackpool's reputation was DSS bedsits and heroin addicts.

My trip to Bangkok (with OH) raised a few eyebrows among friends and family :D

Blackpool on a Budget? A 2 night weekend out of season cost me the same as a week package deal to a Greek Island a couple of years back.

Fair enough it was a " boutique B&B" and it was only my half of the flight and apartment package, anything decent in Blackpool is not budget material.

Offline Home Alone

I'm a Sand-grown 'un who hasn't lived in Blackpool for about fifty years and who only really goes back when someone tells me that a mutual friend's died and the funeral's being held in such and such a church/chapel in town or at Carlton Crematorium.

I find it a depressing place to go to these days; the thing that really bugs me is that one of the areas - some of the roads off Park Road which I knew quite well now back in the day - now seems, if I read the NW board correctly, to be one of the main punting areas. I'm not saying it was ever posh - North Park Drive was posh! ;) - but it felt a step up from my part of town fifty years ago.

Offline tb_999

The last time I went in a strip club was in Blackpool (below Gaiety's Bar) about 6 years ago. Even then the dancers weren't allowed to do fully nude dances. Was a waste of time.

Offline Gordon Bennett

It's no longer 1970. The concept of dolly birds parading about for the delectation of blokes is dead. Frankly it's been dead for most of this century hasn't it? Maybe the industry tried to fight off the inevitable by suggesting it was empowering to be a stripper or freedom of choice or whatever but all that's been blown away too over last decade.
Aren't stag parties more likely to go wine tasting and kayaking now anyway? Anyway, seems reasonable if Blackpool Council want to promote a wholesome inclusive offering to tourists. They're not daft, they must know the demographic of their visitors and who spends what.

Offline Blackpool Rock

It's no longer 1970. The concept of dolly birds parading about for the delectation of blokes is dead. Frankly it's been dead for most of this century hasn't it? Maybe the industry tried to fight off the inevitable by suggesting it was empowering to be a stripper or freedom of choice or whatever but all that's been blown away too over last decade.
Aren't stag parties more likely to go wine tasting and kayaking now anyway? Anyway, seems reasonable if Blackpool Council want to promote a wholesome inclusive offering to tourists. They're not daft, they must know the demographic of their visitors and who spends what.
Hmmm well sort of in Blackpool, in fact they taste wine; beer; larger; cider; gin; whisky; vodka, basically anything they can get down their necks  :drinks:

Still attracting plenty of classy stag and hen do's in Blackpool
External Link/Members Only

Offline sparkus

Didn't most 'working class communities' have strippers in pubs/social clubs of a Sunday in the 1970s?

Come to think of it, when was the last time you saw a 'strip-o-gram' anywhere?

I think Riga, Prague, Brno etc. still had buoyant stag party economies pre-covid.

Offline willie loman

i find most councils are daft, saunas and lap dancing clubs are actually an asset for any city, they are usually few in number and quite discrete, but they have a lot of customers from out of town.what next? close the bookies?

Offline lillythesavage

Didn't most 'working class communities' have strippers in pubs/social clubs of a Sunday in the 1970s?

Come to think of it, when was the last time you saw a 'strip-o-gram' anywhere?

I think Riga, Prague, Brno etc. still had buoyant stag party economies pre-covid.

Not sure about Sunday, but even the a Essex Conservative club my friends father insisted we joined him at for a drink on Sunday, as he gave us use of his company car for the rest of the week, had an annual stag night. This was a late 70,s weekday. I seem to remember Thursday or Friday being stripper nights.

Offline sparkus

Not sure about Sunday, but even the a Essex Conservative club my friends father insisted we joined him at for a drink on Sunday, as he gave us use of his company car for the rest of the week, had an annual stag night. This was a late 70,s weekday. I seem to remember Thursday or Friday being stripper nights.

As I recall, there's a Dire Straits song which references "Sunday striptease" as a 'thing'.

A friend who's of that generation and grew up in Barnsley said Sunday afternoon was all about the strippers in t' pubs and clubs.

Offline lillythesavage

As I recall, there's a Dire Straits song which references "Sunday striptease" as a 'thing'.

A friend who's of that generation and grew up in Barnsley said Sunday afternoon was all about the strippers in t' pubs and clubs.

Must be a Northern thing :D, I remember the pubs having live music on a Sunday afternoon, roast potatoes and bangers, packed until about 7 or 8pm and everyone home sleeping it off for work on Monday.

I even remember the days of a proper lunchtime at work and a few pints, my first job, Every Friday,  I was given the order to raid the petty cash tin and take the site lads to the pub, from which I never returned to work.  Never asked for a receipt either. Saturday got covered for me too.

If I had a heavy Sunday I would never phone in sick, no need, the MD would say " had a good weekend? " go home and see you tomorrow. When I went on holiday, without fail, he would pull cash from his pocket and hand over a wad, more than the actual holiday pay. Now you are just a number and would get a written warning for most of these offences.

Life was so different back then, and very little is better today.