Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Delivery Drivers taking the mick  (Read 744 times)

Offline ProjectFun

Anybody else find that Delivery drivers take the mick a bit nowadays, I find they can not be bothered to wait a few seconds for you to open the door and try your front door and if its unlocked,open the door and leave stuff inside the front door.One actually never bothered ringing the doorbell and I came down stairs to find a fairly large parcel in the hallway that he would have actually had to come in the house to leave there,which I find a bit out of order.I think these are mainly drivers for Amazon.

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

I think they get paid bugger all for each s delivery so no incentive to do the job properly. Can't say they've been that bad if at all here apart from Hermes or are they Evri now?.

Offline mr.bluesky

I agree, I think this is mainly down to the fact that they have to deliver a certain number of parcels in a day. I had one parcel thrown over my garden gate which was left out in the rain before I saw it. Luckily it was only an item of clothing which was inside a plastic bag inside a padded bag so the contents didn't get wet but still unacceptable.  Then they send you an e mail asking you to rate their service  :angry: Evri are the worst culprits.  They even changed their name from Hermes because they had such a bad reputation

Offline lostandfound

I think it's a shitty job and they're often under pressure, so I make allowances.

Only one really annoyed me was DPD in 2018 when I ordered a £2K laptop; realised I wasn't going to be there, and cancelled the delivery - but they delivered it and left with a neighbour several doors away, which I discovered a week later when I returned home.

Also a £300 running kit order went astray with DPD a year ago, and it took a month to get it sorted out.

For me, the rest of them that I've used have been fine - including Hermes / Evri. Especially Amazon who really go the extra mile IME, and UPS who seem to have excellent IT, and when there was a problem I could almost immediately talk to a human being on the phone - in America but sorted issue straight away.

Tbh I think courier delivery has been a great success - at least for us lot on the receiving end, and we are being spoilt.

Online RandomGuy99

I think they got used to contactless deliveries during COVID19 and many of them are continuing with them. It doesn't bother me.

What does bother me is the ones that bang the door instead of ringing the doorbell. Leave the door allow.

Offline Adoniron

Some say on the delivery confirmation message that they handed it to the occupier when in reality they left it on the doorstep without even ringing the bell.

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

Some like i think DPD take a photo as delivery proof..

Offline Spunky34

• Ban Countdown
  • Reviews: 11
I work for a company that uses 2 of the big national courier companies to do our deliveries and I can see different sides of this.

The first side is that being a delivery driver for one of those companies is a hard job - they work to a really tight schedule with loads of stops to make in a single day, the pay isn’t generally great and many of them are self-employed rather than direct employees so there isn’t much job security.  If you remember when City Link went bust on Christmas Day a few years ago, loads of the drivers didn’t get paid for about their last week’s work because they didn’t have protection as employees.  More recently I know that some of the drivers get no insurance cover etc from the delivery company if they, for example, damage someone’s property while making a delivery, they essentially have to make good any damage themselves (which is one reaosn they might do a runner if it happens). 

Another side is that the nature of delivery is that if it goes well (delivered on time, not damaged, to the right place), it’s unlikely to be noticed because it’s just what you think should happen, but if it goes wrong the problem is immediately noticed - so most conversations about it tend towards negative experiences people have had, which doesn’t seem entirely fair.

The last side is that you do get some real cowboys who do it, particularly at peak periods (say from Black Friday sales through Christmas) - when regular drivers can’t keep up with the increased demand so all the companies are trying to get hold of anyone with their own vehicle to drive around.  You’ll often notice increased problems at these times because you are not getting the same people covering the same areas day in day out, or at least you might have 3 different drivers coming to your area during the same day.

Best advice I can give though is never try to make a complaint directly to a driver when they are making a delivery to you or your neighbours.  Chances are that they will be coming back to your area frequently and they will remember if you were rude or anything - and it’s the easiest thing in the world for them to “accidentally” drop your next parcel several times between the van and your front door…

Offline ProjectFun

Yes I did actually do this type of work for a while many years ago,the bloke who I did my training with had a nice round going through quiet rural villages,I thought this is great.I ended up with a major town round so high traffic volume,limited parking,long hours because of the amount of parcels you were expected to deliver made it the most stressful job I think I've ever had.Can only imagine its a lot worse now.

Online Dark Vader

Amazon: Sometimes wank
Hermes/Evri: Crap fucking wank. May have to change their name again.

Online Colston36

They are exploited. And like everyone else I agree about Hermes ... who by the way was the God of messages ... if he had been employed by the clowns who run that company he would have been the God of Getting Lost.

Offline george r

No trouble myself but gets lots of parcels for nextdoor neighbours whose cars are always on their drive but they are never in?

Offline nike

The other half seems to spend half her life ordering things online.
Only ever had two really bad experiences.
Amazon seem to be ok, on the whole.
Dpd lost a parcel containing a brand new Samsung S23, when I contacted them, after recieving an email to say, there had been an access issue, in my area, which was complete bullshit, they rearranged delivery, same result, another access issue. Contacted them again, to be told that they cannot do anything and told to contact the vendor. Never got the original package, vendor replaced the phone.
Got a card through the door, missed delivery by royal mail. Very tiny package , which fits easily through the letter slot but postie left it in the recycling bin, and wrote that on the card,I had to dig around for it, it was so small, never figured out why he just didn't post it. :unknown:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 05:54:12 pm by nike »

Offline Corus Boy

Amazon carded me to inform me that they had left my parcel in a safe place!

Which was in my greenhouse!!!

I live in a city centre apartment, on the 9th floor!!!!!

Online RandomGuy99

Amazon carded me to inform me that they had left my parcel in a safe place!

Which was in my greenhouse!!!

I live in a city centre apartment, on the 9th floor!!!!!
One hell of a throw from the Amazon delivery man. Possibly ex-NBA.

Offline standardpostage

A few days ago, had a parcel delivered by FedEx.
He rang the doorbell, I answered the door,
he gave me the parcel, asked me my name,
he put info into his device, and off he went. All OK.

Offline mr.bluesky

One hell of a throw from the Amazon delivery man. Possibly ex-NBA.

:lol: nah, ex NFL Quarter back, taught by Tom Brady  :D

Hidden Image/Members Only
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 07:53:26 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline Stevelondon

Some say on the delivery confirmation message that they handed it to the occupier when in reality they left it on the doorstep without even ringing the bell.

I’ve noticed this. Why is that ?
If I’m in the garden I can hear it when the doorbell is pressed because of the outside chime I put in.
But a knock on the front door ……… sigh.

Offline Lou2019

• Service Provider
I avoid them as much as possible, I use click and collect or locker type options instead.

Offline Stevelondon

I avoid them as much as possible, I use click and collect or locker type options instead.

It’s a good idea Lou. I’ve used this a few times when I know I’m going to be away and can pick it up myself or get someone else to collect it. Only for small stuff though  :D