Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: 2023 F1 Season  (Read 4521 times)

Offline shaft10

So with the F1 pre season testing only 8 weeks away and the recent announcement by F1 of an increase in 'sprint' races from 3 to 6, plus the addition of the Las vegas Grand prix .. and Logan Sargeant (American) gaining a seat at Williams are we seeing F1 becoming 'Americanised'.

Liberty media make no secret of the fact they want to usurp Nascar & Indy Car as the most popular motor sport in the US, and now they have got their driver it will definitely aid the growing popularity over the pond.

All that aside, should be an interesting season .. hopefully Merc will turn up this year and give LH a fighting chance for number 8 ..

Offline Blackpool Rock

America have an awful lot of different sports all competing for the publics attention including Nascar and Indy, F1 has been a feature for ages but never really quite made it to the top of the pile.
Not sure why but the Yanks do seem to like their oval track racing which we tend to see as being a bit boring and repetitive, also the Nascar and Indy series run race after race in the US whereas F1 dots around the globe and strangely a lot of Americans aren't interested in anything global, they do seem quite insular sometimes and hardly know the rest of the world even exists

American motorsport went down a different route to European motorsport, in Europe we went for higher tech giving us performance with lighter cars whereas if the yanks wanted more speed it meant more power so just bore the 6 litre engine out to 7 litres still with only 2 valves per cylinder etc and don't worry about it still not stopping or going round corners properly  :scare:

Getting an American driver will perhaps garner a bit more support as will more races but there's still a long way to go before it usurps Nascar and Indy

Offline IAmNotFamous

Hopefully Leclerc and Ferrari can be consistent in 2023.

Mercedes the same.

Otherwise it will be another Red Bull domination

Offline lechef

I'm looking forward to the 2023 f1 season. Hopefully redbull, ferrari and Mercedes will all have a similar pace so no one's going to run away with the championship.
I also think there will be serious fire works between Hamilton and Russell this season.
As for liberty media three races in the states is taking the piss. I mite be more on board if it wasn't for there obsession with shity street circuits instead of real tracks . I'd much prefer to see f1 race at laguna seca or road America than Miami and Vegas.

Offline mr.bluesky

I'm looking forward to the 2023 f1 season. Hopefully redbull, ferrari and Mercedes will all have a similar pace so no one's going to run away with the championship.
I also think there will be serious fire works between Hamilton and Russell this season.
As for liberty media three races in the states is taking the piss. I mite be more on board if it wasn't for there obsession with shity street circuits instead of real tracks . I'd much prefer to see f1 race at laguna seca or road America than Miami and Vegas.

Laguna seca would be a great place to hold a F1 grand prix ,although I don't know how the cars would cope with the corkscrew part of the track. Its a great circuit to watch motor bike racing. I think F1 cars would take off at the top of the corkscrew or bottom out at the bottom. :scare:

Hidden Image/Members Only
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 03:08:01 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline Corus Boy

Laguna seca would be a great place to hold a F1 grand prix ,although I don't know how the cars would cope with the corkscrew part of the track. Its a great circuit to watch motor bike racing. I think F1 cars would take off at the top of the corkscrew or bottom out at the bottom. :scare:

They wouldn't and sadly but completely understandably, by the time they brought it up to F1 Safety Standards all the special and interesting features would be gone. IMO.

Offline lillythesavage

America have an awful lot of different sports all competing for the publics attention including Nascar and Indy, F1 has been a feature for ages but never really quite made it to the top of the pile.
Not sure why but the Yanks do seem to like their oval track racing which we tend to see as being a bit boring and repetitive, also the Nascar and Indy series run race after race in the US whereas F1 dots around the globe and strangely a lot of Americans aren't interested in anything global, they do seem quite insular sometimes and hardly know the rest of the world even exists

American motorsport went down a different route to European motorsport, in Europe we went for higher tech giving us performance with lighter cars whereas if the yanks wanted more speed it meant more power so just bore the 6 litre engine out to 7 litres still with only 2 valves per cylinder etc and don't worry about it still not stopping or going round corners properly  :scare:

Getting an American driver will perhaps garner a bit more support as will more races but there's still a long way to go before it usurps Nascar and Indy
[/quote

F1 has taken off big time in the states, probably because of the boring Oval racing, one thing with it though is spectators can see the whole track, but crowd demand is massive for F1.

Putting on 3 races over 3 weekends would make a great trip, could be tempted by that.

A big 1000hp+ V8 has its place  :lol:, sadly a dying place though.

The Mustang Mach E was a thrown together afterthought, it only exists so Ford could put the 5.0 in the proper Mustang.

Offline mr.bluesky

Hopefully Leclerc and Ferrari can be consistent in 2023.

Mercedes the same.

If so I'm sure  they will bend the rules to make sure Red Bull win again.

Online timsussex

I was in USA 2 years ago and the USA grand Prix was barely mentioned on TV news while the weekends NASCAR race got a lot of publicity.

Cant help thinking that Liberty shot themselves in the foot by shafting the most eloquent only black guy on the grid or maybe he's not part of their target audience after all 99% of NASCAR drivers are white and so are 75% of the paying fans

Offline Blackpool Rock

I was in USA 2 years ago and the USA grand Prix was barely mentioned on TV news while the weekends NASCAR race got a lot of publicity.

Cant help thinking that Liberty shot themselves in the foot by shafting the most eloquent only black guy on the grid or maybe he's not part of their target audience after all 99% of NASCAR drivers are white and so are 75% of the paying fans
I remember this farce from 2005, didn't think it was that long ago but the Michelin tyres kept failing after the track was resurfaced on one of the turns and while all cars started the race and did 1 lap (so they could declare it a race and not refund the punters, the FIA appear to have form for not refunding punters  :rolleyes:) only 3 teams actually ran the full race.
The fans were understandably pissed off but I think there were beer cans being thrown at the cars as they drove past

Last sentence from the link -
The situation created enormous negative publicity for the sport of Formula One, especially in the United States, a market in which Formula One had struggled to establish itself over the preceding twenty years.

External Link/Members Only

AFAIK Nascar is a fairly Southern states sport followed by Rednecks and most of the teams are all centred around a certain area, a bit like most F1 teams being in / around MK  :unknown:

Offline mr.bluesky

I remember this farce from 2005, didn't think it was that long ago but the Michelin tyres kept failing after the track was resurfaced on one of the turns and while all cars started the race and did 1 lap (so they could declare it a race and not refund the punters, the FIA appear to have form for not refunding punters  :rolleyes:) only 3 teams actually ran the full race.
The fans were understandably pissed off but I think there were beer cans being thrown at the cars as they drove past

Last sentence from the link -
The situation created enormous negative publicity for the sport of Formula One, especially in the United States, a market in which Formula One had struggled to establish itself over the preceding twenty years.

AFAIK Nascar is a fairly Southern states sport followed by Rednecks and most of the teams are all centred around a certain area, a bit like most F1 teams being in / around MK  :unknown:

Yeah, I remember that race, didn't realise it was that long ago . I think the lack of American drivers in F1 makes the sport less appealing to the Yanks.

Offline Happiness

I will be supporting Norris and McLaren. However, I hope Hamilton can grab another title at some point. He's owed at least 1 and he's good enough to win more.
Banned reason: Posting one line crap all over the threads / asking to be banned.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Happiness

I will be supporting Norris and McLaren. However, I hope Hamilton can grab another title at some point. He's owed at least 1 and he's good enough to win more.

I'll rephrase this. 1. Norris 2. Hamilton 3. Russell I will be supporting in that order. 1. McLaren 2. Mercedes. Not bothered about anyone else.  :thumbsup:. Let's hope for a good season with less controversy for Verstappen  :D
Banned reason: Posting one line crap all over the threads / asking to be banned.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline PilotMan

In a very slight deviation from the topic, has anyone tried the F1 Experience in St Pauls?

« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 01:20:11 pm by PilotMan »

Offline RMwonderer

Must admit. Apart from alfa romeo all the cars so far have been a bit of a let down in terms of livery. Specially red bull

Offline mr.bluesky

Must admit. Apart from alfa romeo all the cars so far have been a bit of a let down in terms of livery. Specially red bull

I've always liked Mclaren's colour of orange and black  :thumbsup:

Offline RMwonderer

I've always liked Mclaren's colour of orange and black  :thumbsup:

It’s nice but I wanted a bit more change. I miss the vodafone style livery

Offline mr.bluesky

Mercedes going back to an all black car for this season.  Still persisting with a side pod less design. Hopefully they will have sorted out the aerodynamic problems from last season and they will give Red Bull a run for their money. God forbid if the Dutch brat wins the title again.  How many races into the season before Red Bull's chief whinger spits his dummy out of his pram again  :unknown:
 I hope it's a Mercedes 1 & 2 this season with Russell pushing Hamilton all the way to his eighth World title which he was denied a couple of seasons ago.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 06:07:46 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline RMwonderer

Mercedes going back to an all black car for this season.  Still persisting with a side pod less design. Hopefully they will have sorted out the aerodynamic problems from last season and they will give Red Bull a run for their money. God forbid if the Dutch brat wins the title again.  How many races into the season before Red Bull's chief whinger spits his dummy out of his pram again  :unknown:
 I hope it's a Mercedes 1 & 2 this season with Russell pushing Hamilton all the way to his eighth World title which he was denied a couple of seasons ago.

Its nice to see it back. Great way to ble d the exposed carbon fibre. I wish for a 1-2 but for my beloved red team but we all know they will cock it up. Man utd of F1
« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 11:04:00 am by RMwonderer »

Offline mr.bluesky

Its nice to see it back. Great way to ble d the exposed carbon fibre. I wish for a 1-2 but for my beloved red team but we all know they will cock it up. Man utd of F1

Yes, Ferrari are the perennial underachievers in F1, with their resources and support they should be winning more races and challenging for the drivers / constructors titles more often

Offline RMwonderer

Yes, Ferrari are the perennial underachievers in F1, with their resources and support they should be winning more races and challenging for the drivers / constructors titles more often

100% agree but I am optimistic. At times last year we had a superb fast car but race pace let us down. If they can solve these issues and get the strategy spot on I will be happy but mercedes have something with that zero sidepod. Theres more to gain there IMO as they will understand it better season by season

Offline mr.bluesky

100% agree but I am optimistic. At times last year we had a superb fast car but race pace let us down. If they can solve these issues and get the strategy spot on I will be happy but mercedes have something with that zero sidepod. Theres more to gain there IMO as they will understand it better season by season

Race strategy let Ferrari down a number of times last season, they threw away the chance of race wins a number of times.  If they have a fast reliable car and get their race strategy right they should be challenging Red Bull and Mercedes for wins . Surely its only a matter of time before Leclerk becomes World champion. I've always thought he's a better driver than the Dutch brat.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 01:48:17 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline RMwonderer

Race strategy let Ferrari down a number of times last season, they threw away the chance of race wins a number of times.  If they have a fast reliable car and get their race strategy right they should be challenging Red Bull and Mercedes for wins . Surely its only a matter of time before Leclerk becomes World champion. I've always thought he's a better driver than the Dutch brat.

I hope you’re right. I’m not a verstappen fan myself but my god I’ve never seen speed and consistency like that since redbull vettel

Offline webpunter

In case anyone has missed this, the new Drive to Survive is out
The 1st episode starting with the last race of 2021 & the (edit: FIA) WDC gift to their bratty poster boy
Will be interesting to see what the coverage of Red Bull breaking the cost cap in two seasons is
Which they got a slap on the wrist for, a token fine & some reduced windtunnel testing [they can get Alpha Tauri to run stuff for them anyways]

On Sky F1 right now Natalie Pinkam (i would, not 'arf) is hosting a programme
Reference made to Ricciardo being reserve driver
With MV & him being mates off the track & the Verstappen family being instrumental in him getting the no. 3 seat
Coz MV & SP get on so well  :rolleyes:
Natalie (i bet she's got a lovely pinkone) is also on the next two F1 programmes this evening, might have to have a watch 
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 06:24:35 pm by webpunter »

Offline webpunter

WhingerSpice is getting busier again with the start of the season nearing

MV on Valentines Day, bless

Roses are red
Lilies are white
We call ourselves champions
But we're cheating bags of shite

:lol:

Offline mr.bluesky

I hope the first couple of days testing in Bahrain isn't anything to go by as they have been dominated by Red Bull's Dutch Brat * and George Russell 's Mercedes has had reliability issues. :dash: 
Alonso has been putting in some fast times in the Aston Martin. It would be good to see them towards the front of the grid this season.
If Mercedes can't bring the fight to Red Bull this season then I hope Ferrari do ( especially leclerk)
Another season dominated bt the cheating Red Bull team with whinger spice and the Dutch Brat* would be unbearable  :scare:
(* I still can't bring myself  to say the Dutch Brats name )
« Last Edit: February 25, 2023, 07:20:38 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline Blackpool Rock

I hope the first couple of days testing in Bahrain isn't anything to go by as they have been dominated by Red Bull's Dutch Brat * and George Russell 's Mercedes has had reliability issues. :dash: 
Alonso has been putting in some fast times in the Aston Martin. It would be good to see them towards the front of the grid this season.
If Mercedes can't bring the fight to Red Bull this season then I hope Ferrari do ( especially leclerk)
Another season dominated bt the cheating Red Bull team and the Dutch Brat* would be unbearable  :scare:
(* I still can't bring myself  to say the Dutch Brats name )
Didn't realise Macbeth was driving for RB now  :rolleyes:  :hi:

Offline RMwonderer

Must say RB are looking comfy. It should be a rule to show your real car during launches IMO

Online Jomoore

Sounds like it's going to be a re-run of last season, Verstappen's raw talent and RB's resources will overshadow Merc yet again, and it'll probably signal the end for the pierced, tattooed, politically correct snowflake ex-world champ x 7. Shame.  :yahoo:

Online cunningman

Sounds like it's going to be a re-run of last season, Verstappen's raw talent and RB's resources will overshadow Merc yet again, and it'll probably signal the end for the pierced, tattooed, politically correct snowflake ex-world champ x 7. Shame.  :yahoo:

I can understand your bitterness to Lewis' politics and 'I'm not a white middle class guy'.  It does grate sometimes, its in our faces.

But as a white middle class guy, I can understand why he does it.  And I respect him for doing it - he's not coat-tailing anybody - even if I think ALM is better than BLM.

'snowflake'?  Seriously?

MV is fast, but I think also quite close to, and across, the line in terms of bullying on track.  And he really didn't like it when LH took the same 'don't give way' back.

I hope Ferrari and Mercedes can take it to Red Bull.  Fair play to RB for getting the engineering so right.

But your sneering at 'the pierced, tattooed, politically correct snowflake' seems to me sadly racist.  And I don't like the 'pierced, tattooed' bit certainly, I would rather, as an old dinosaur, that potential son in laws don't look like that.  But its not my choice.

Offline webpunter

I do hope it isnt another re-run
RB do have fantastic resources, especially when they break the cost cap in the prior season & there is carry over benefit
As for LH now why is he only 7x WDC ?
Its beyond even Mercedes & LH to beat both RB & the FIA
Shows how much you know about F1  :rolleyes:

I'm with @Cunningman as to your apparent racist overtones
Certainly discriminatory
I for one lurve SPs with decent tramps & piercings
Don't you like these ?, suits you Sir

LH has done more for F1 as a sport than any other driver
He is to F1 that Tiger is to golf, bigger than the sport

No doubt it will pain you to refer to LH as Sir, oh dear

Offline mr.bluesky

At least Hamilton has a personality.  I understand the Dutch brat went for a personality transplant during the winter but his body rejected it.  :D

Offline Blackpool Rock

At least Hamilton has a personality.  I understand the Dutch brat went for a personality transplant during the winter but his body rejected it.  :D
Yeah MV makes Nigel Mansell look like Mr Personality  :hi:

Online Jomoore

Yeah MV makes Nigel Mansell look like Mr Personality  :hi:

Omg, to criticise Hamilton for his political posturing is now automatically racist is it?  How pathetic.   :dash:

Offline Blackpool Rock

Omg, to criticise Hamilton for his political posturing is now automatically racist is it?  How pathetic.   :dash:
Where did I claim that, think you replied quoting the wrong post  :unknown:

Online Jomoore

Where did I claim that, think you replied quoting the wrong post  :unknown:

Yes, apologies, it was meant for webpunter and cunningman of course.  It astounds me that supposed grown-ups can still resort to trying to shut down a discussion by shouting "racist", like some fluffy arts student, when the issue of race has never arisen.  How does that work?

Offline RMwonderer

I swear every year this chat turns into a Hamilton vs verstappen show 👎🏾

Offline webpunter

Might be that this year Aston are faster than Mercedes  :scare:
Ferrari more likely than Aston to be faster however their team strategy is shite

Tho i'm sure that in testing the teams werent giving it the full 100% all the time
It was ace when three cars across the track, like they were racing

No sprint race for Silverstone this year  :dash:
Makes for good viewing when there for the w/e
The Vegas race will be interesting new circuit & all that

Roll on quali on Sat then it all starts again Sun   :thumbsup:

Offline Blackpool Rock

Hamilton and Russell already talking down their chances for this season.
Reading this they appear to be saying the bouncing issue should be sorted as it appeared to be late last season but only now they have got rid of the bouncing can they identify and focus on sorting some of the other problems.

Mercedes may have improved / developed but so have the other teams so they are probably still half a season behind the curve with the car development.
On the flip side Red Bull are probably still reaping the benefit of the 2 previous seasons over spend so they are a full season or season and a half ahead of everyone else from a development POV  :thumbsdown:

Offline mr.bluesky

Hamilton and Russell already talking down their chances for this season.
Reading this they appear to be saying the bouncing issue should be sorted as it appeared to be late last season but only now they have got rid of the bouncing can they identify and focus on sorting some of the other problems.

Mercedes may have improved / developed but so have the other teams so they are probably still half a season behind the curve with the car development.
On the flip side Red Bull are probably still reaping the benefit of the 2 previous seasons over spend so they are a full season or season and a half ahead of everyone else from a development POV  :thumbsdown:

I can't understand why Mercedes have persevered with the side pod less design  :unknown:. It didn't prove to have any significant advantage last season and no other team has gone down that route for their cars this season.  I can only see another season dominated by whinger spice's Red Bull team and the Dutch brat unless Ferrari get their act together ( which I doubt). I hope I'm  wrong but I think its going to be a long boring season  😴   I think the only race Mercedes can challenge for the win will be Monaco where out and out speed is not an advantage 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 09:30:28 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline webpunter

If MV is out front this is unlikely to bring out the dark side of his personality & driving
One of being an utter cunt, even to his supposed team mate SP who he chose not to help back end of last season
TV audiences will fall off as the racing again begins to resemble a procession

The FIA having been patting themselves on the back to end Mercedes dominance supporting their poster boy in every way possible
They are more effective than Putin when it comes to stopping dissent, only Kravitz was strong willed enuf to comment that Hamilton was robbed of the WDC
I'm sure he got a warning from Sky not to do the same again, after RB refused to do interviews with them

Better the devil you know
What can possibly go wrong with MV & the ginger whinger in prominence ?  :rolleyes:
It was amusing at the US F1 when RB were serenaded with cheat cheat cheat clearly audible on the coverage, oh dear  :D

Offline mr.bluesky

The one good thing about the start of a new formula 1 season is the chance to drool over Naomi Schiff once more on Sky sports F1 channel

Offline webpunter

The one good thing about the start of a new formula 1 season is the chance to drool over Naomi Schiff once more on Sky sports F1 channel

+1
Bet when she interviews LH [Sir] there are concerns that she might have a leaking gearbox  :D

Offline webpunter

Natalie Pinkham [edit: Pink One] pour moi
Milfy pit lane pussy  :yahoo:
& a lovely voice

« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 08:11:34 pm by webpunter »

Offline mr.bluesky

Natalie Pinkham [edit: Pink One] pour moi
Milfy pit lane pussy  :yahoo:
& a lovely voice

Yes, I would love to see her Pink un  :D

Offline webpunter

Eligible (ex F1) drivers for Nats

Webber
Button

My money is on Button

Coulthard has Suzy Perry all over him

Offline mr.bluesky

So first race of the season today with a Red Bull front row. Hopefully Perez takes out the Dutch brat on the first lap then perhaps we will have an interesting race otherwise it will be a snooze fest 😴  If a Brit doesn't win I'd like to see Alonso win it for Aston Martin from 5th on the grid
« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 01:08:50 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline Stevelondon

F1………… I shall not be sitting through anymore of this boring shite

Not until they bring the pit girls back.

Offline mr.bluesky

F1………… I shall not be sitting through anymore of this boring shite

Not until they bring the pit girls back.

The only highlight was the chance to see the lovely Naomi Schiff before the start of the race looking damn sexy in her red shorts and top before the race.  :rose:  Natalie Pinkham looked mighty fine too in her black outfit.  She looked as though she was dressed for a cocktail party. Apart from that it was another booring race and it's likely going to be like this all season  :dash:
More chance of the Dutch brat developing a personality than bringing the Grid girls back unfortunately.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 05:59:22 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline webpunter

A familiar feel to things in two respects
MV out front cruising, it'll be a very dull year if this continues [they are making the most of their 2021 budget overspend]
& the prancing horse is more like a donkey with reliability issues

Wasnt exactly enthralling so watched bits of the race
Aston looking fast & amusing how despite Alonso asking who ran into him the team gave no response
Perhaps the most exciting part of the race was watching him & LV racing
I'm sure Stroll will survive his faux pas, nothing like a bit of nepotism
Might be just what Stroll needs, Alonso as a team mate more mentor
& as driver wages arent included not hard to figure that Alonso is being suitably wedged up bring valuable experience to the team
Mercedes didnt exactly help GR pitting him late which ultimately handed Stroll 6th place