Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: 2022-23 Football season  (Read 64725 times)

Online WARSZAWA16

The fixtures for the 2022-23 football season were published today. These are the first round of games:

Friday 5 August
Crystal Palace v Arsenal

Saturday 6 August
Bournemouth v Aston Villa
Everton v Chelsea
Fulham v Liverpool
Leeds United v Wolverhampton
Leicester City v Brentford
Newcastle United v Nottingham Forest
Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton

Sunday 7 August
Manchester United v Brighton
West Ham United v Manchester City

Some more information here:
External Link/Members Only
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 09:18:17 am by WARSZAWA16 »

Offline Blackpool Rock

On paper Man City have a tricky opening game against West Ham whereas Liverpool have a theoretically easy 1st game against newly promoted Fulham however early season form can throw up a few shocks and Fulham being promoted and in good form should still have the team togetherness etc.

Obviously you can't win the league in August and it's probably more important to look at the last fixtures, Man City have a tough draw against Chelsea in the next to last game

Offline Gordon Bennett

Saw this interesting article about creating the fixture list. Clearly not as easy as it sounds!

I realise it's about Scottish football but I guess the methodology still applies e!sewhere...

How do you compile a fixture list in Scotland? - External Link/Members Only

Online WARSZAWA16

Online WARSZAWA16

World Cup 2022 television schedule. How to watch England's games in Qatar:

Online mr.bluesky

World Cup 2022 television schedule. How to watch England's games in Qatar:

So on current form it'll be just the three group games we'll be watching then home before the postcards. :unknown:

Offline Matrix

Saw this interesting article about creating the fixture list. Clearly not as easy as it sounds!

I realise it's about Scottish football but I guess the methodology still applies e!sewhere...

How do you compile a fixture list in Scotland? - External Link/Members Only

That's easy. Ensure that in every season since the split, that Rangers and Celtic have exactly the same number of home and away games in a season.

Makes sense, I hear you say?

No other clubs have had the fixture list be so generous to them since the split started. 

A country our size, even with it's incredibly high attendance figures, can't support 4 divisions.

The Premier should be 20 teams, that play each other twice. Once home and once away. First division should be 22 teams or thereabouts. Drop the stupid fucking split and the unfair playoffs. The playoffs are a gimmick. You could finish a country mile ahead of your rivals then lose out after 1 bad game. That's what cups are for.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 04:18:52 pm by Matrix »

Offline radioman33

England v USA be a good one probably draw that one.Im more interested in Wales at least they will try,working from home be more enjoyable in November.This is gonna be a disaster we are shite.

Offline gbyld87

That's easy. Ensure that in every season since the split, that Rangers and Celtic have exactly the same number of home and away games in a season.

Makes sense, I hear you say?

No other clubs have had the fixture list be so generous to them since the split started. 

A country our size, even with it's incredibly high attendance figures, can't support 4 divisions.

The Premier should be 20 teams, that play each other twice. Once home and once away. First division should be 22 teams or thereabouts. Drop the stupid fucking split and the unfair playoffs. The playoffs are a gimmick. You could finish a country mile ahead of your rivals then lose out after 1 bad game. That's what cups are for.

Found the Huddersfield fan  :lol:

Online mr.bluesky

One story that's possibly slipped under the radar ( perhaps not for Man Utd fans) is that Steve McClaren is going to be assistant manager to Erik ten Hag. That's Man Utd Well and truly f**ked then if he has any input into the team. Does this mean Mclaren will put on a fake Manc accent when he does interviews  :sarcastic: That and the rumours that Ronaldo wants to quit the club.

Offline king tarzan

One story that's possibly slipped under the radar ( perhaps not for Man Utd fans) is that Steve McClaren is going to be assistant manager to Erik ten Hag. That's Man Utd Well and truly f**ked then if he has any input into the team. Does this mean Mclaren will put on a fake Manc accent when he does interviews  :sarcastic: That and the rumours that Ronaldo wants to quit the club.

Everything takes time to come into glorious fruition
Banned reason: Misogynist who gets free bookings from agencies for pos reviews.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline catweazle

That and the rumours that Ronaldo wants to quit the club.

CR7's ego won't allow him to play in any European  club competition  unless its the Champions League. He'll flounce off to some other  club .

Online mr.bluesky

CR7's ego won't allow him to play in any European  club competition  unless its the Champions League. He'll flounce off to some other  club .

Man City- the club he should have joined instead of going back to United. Ronaldo and Haaland together would scare the be Jesus out of every Premier league defence 😳

Offline Blackpool Rock

Everything takes time to come into glorious fruition
Too long for a lot of the fans, the new CEO went to the pub to head off a planned protest outside his house

Offline Blackpool Rock

I hadn't heard that, I guess he chose Man Utd given how much rain they get it gives him an opportunity to buy a new Brolly  :rolleyes:  :D

Offline king tarzan

I hadn't heard that, I guess he chose Man Utd given how much rain they get it gives him an opportunity to buy a new Brolly  :rolleyes:  :D

Certainly designer ones..
I bought mine from tkmaxx for £16 Pierre Cardin

Online WARSZAWA16

Manchester United have offered Barcelona €86m plus Harry Maguire for Frenkie de Jong.
Barcelona have said that they will just take the €86m.

Offline webpunter

Brilliant  :lol:

Manchester United have offered Barcelona €86m plus Harry Maguire for Frenkie de Jong.
Barcelona have said that they will just take the €86m.

Offline webpunter

The 'super' computer providing the fixtures has pitched not-so Super Leeds @ Bournemouth

29/04/2023 - A.F.C. Bournemouth v Leeds United  - the bank holiday weekend

Let me think what happened last time Leeds were @ Bournemouth on a bank holiday ?  :lol: :scare:

And they got promoted !

Just goes to show that computers dont always get things right !

Marching on ... [ in the prem ], quite how i have no idea  :yahoo:

Online WARSZAWA16

The EFL fixtures came out today:

Championship fixtures club by club:

League One fixtures club by club:

League Two fixtures club by club:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 09:52:15 am by WARSZAWA16 »

Offline king tarzan

Several people in Argentina have been charged criminally in relation to death of the super hero great man

Online mr.bluesky

Several people in Argentina have been charged criminally in relation to death of the super hero great man

Which "superhero" is that  :unknown:.aah you mean the drug taking ,cheating Argentinian

Offline Jumping Jack Flash

Which "superhero" is that  :unknown:.aah you mean the drug taking ,cheating Argentinian

Great man and that cheat should never be used in the same sentence. Yes I know it’s 36 years ago but I’m still bitter about it!

Offline jackdaw

Great man and that cheat should never be used in the same sentence. Yes I know it’s 36 years ago but I’m still bitter about it!

Really don’t see why anyone is bitter about it. I’ve never noticed any reluctance on behalf of English footballers to dive, etc, etc.

Forwards will always try it on, until punishment for diving is as significant as potential reward. I’d be happy to see a penalty awarded to defending side for a blatant dive.

And skill wise…Maradonna was better in my opinion than Messi or Ronaldo. Certainly he turned more big international games than Messi.

Online mr.bluesky

Really don’t see why anyone is bitter about it. I’ve never noticed any reluctance on behalf of English footballers to dive, etc, etc.

Forwards will always try it on, until punishment for diving is as significant as potential reward. I’d be happy to see a penalty awarded to defending side for a blatant dive.

And skill wise…Maradonna was better in my opinion than Messi or Ronaldo. Certainly he turned more big international games than Messi.

Can't ever recall Ronaldo or Messi scoring with their fist and claiming it was "the hand of God" though

Offline Jumping Jack Flash

I disagree. He scored one of the best World Cup goals of all time in the same match but to claim that the other goal was the hand of god, and by inference that is was revenge for the Falklands conflict is disrespectful to the dead on both sides.

He was a cheat, a drug cheat and his reputation was soiled by that.

Offline jackdaw

I disagree. He scored one of the best World Cup goals of all time in the same match but to claim that the other goal was the hand of god, and by inference that is was revenge for the Falklands conflict is disrespectful to the dead on both sides.

He was a cheat, a drug cheat and his reputation was soiled by that.

His lifestyle was crap. Our Argentinian friends ought to be investigating why he didn’t die 20 years ago, rather than persecute people for his recent death. (It might advance medical science.)

But in a bizarre sort of way it makes me admire his success on the field of play even more. Jeez knows what he would have done if he’d ever been fit.

As to his cheating on the field of play…as Pochettino helpfully explained a time or two when he was at Spurs, it’s what South Americans call “clever play”, and real problem is a lot of English forwards aren’t as clever as the South Americans.

Really don’t buy for a second that typical English forward has any moral reluctance to diving, feigning injury, fisting the ball into the net or whatever. The non cheating forward is up there with Snow White and the 7 vertically challenged people of indeterminate sex, as one of the great fairy tales.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 02:56:06 pm by jackdaw »

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
The 'super' computer providing the fixtures has pitched not-so Super Leeds @ Bournemouth

29/04/2023 - A.F.C. Bournemouth v Leeds United  - the bank holiday weekend

Let me think what happened last time Leeds were @ Bournemouth on a bank holiday ?  :lol: :scare:

And they got promoted !

Just goes to show that computers dont always get things right !

Marching on ... [ in the prem ], quite how i have no idea  :yahoo:
They say they take the fans into consideration when deciding fixtures, I've never seen it though, how much consideration did they give Newcastle fans when they gave us Southampton on a Thursday night.

Taking train travel to away games into account Newcastle are the most expensive team to support. Our nearest game is Leeds and that can be anything up to £60+ return.

Online mr.bluesky

It will certainly be a strange season with the 6 week break in November for the World cup
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 05:34:58 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline chrishornx

They say they take the fans into consideration when deciding fixtures, I've never seen it though, how much consideration did they give Newcastle fans when they gave us Southampton on a Thursday night.

Taking train travel to away games into account Newcastle are the most expensive team to support. Our nearest game is Leeds and that can be anything up to £60+ return.

I know it frustrates you how isolated Newcastle are but you weren't necessarily the team with the most hassle for travel last season Noriwch would give you a  bloody good run with their lack of motorway connections relatively inferior train connections and their nearest away game was probably further than leeds from Newcastle and certainly a longer journey

but next season you will have the longest trips

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
I know it frustrates you how isolated Newcastle are but you weren't necessarily the team with the most hassle for travel last season Noriwch would give you a  bloody good run with their lack of motorway connections relatively inferior train connections and their nearest away game was probably further than leeds from Newcastle and certainly a longer journey

but next season you will have the longest trips
It doesn't bother me where we are but it's a pisstake when you have Chelsea, Southampton and Everton all away in a week.

Talking about last season Norwich's longest travel was 260 to us, they're only 120 miles from London, its 300 miles for us and look how many games there are there.

Going by car last season Newcastle -  8,724 miles, Norwich second but 'only'  6,554 miles, over 2,000 less miles.   :unknown:

Offline willie loman

englands main contribution to sport in general, is fair play, no other country understands the concept, thats why they use the english term, "le fair play",

Offline shed

englands main contribution to sport in general, is fair play, no other country understands the concept, thats why they use the english term, "le fair play",

Maybe the reason we never win anything  :unknown:

Offline willie loman

His lifestyle was crap. Our Argentinian friends ought to be investigating why he didn’t die 20 years ago, rather than persecute people for his recent death. (It might advance medical science.)

But in a bizarre sort of way it makes me admire his success on the field of play even more. Jeez knows what he would have done if he’d ever been fit.

As to his cheating on the field of play…as Pochettino helpfully explained a time or two when he was at Spurs, it’s what South Americans call “clever play”, and real problem is a lot of English forwards aren’t as clever as the South Americans.

maradona was extremely fit for most of his career, only latterly did he have a weight problem, drugs and alcohol have comparatively little impact on your fitness level
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 08:16:36 pm by willie loman »

Offline willie loman

Maybe the reason we never win anything  :unknown:

its actually a far greater contribution than most countries, your main problem, is you cant accept that 1966 was a one off, 

Offline shed

its actually a far greater contribution than most countries, your main problem, is you cant accept that 1966 was a one off,

Personally I don't have a problem with England not winning a major trophy since 1966. There has been other national teams far superior to England over the years both tactically and team / individual wise.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 08:39:40 pm by shed »

Offline willie loman

How does it contribute.
Personally I don't have a problem with England not winning a major trophy since 1966. There has been other national teams far superior to England over the years both tactically and team / individual wise.

if you cant see that fair play is a contribution, i cant help you, its self evident to me, the great attraction of celtic was always, that they played cleanly, unlike the great satan across the city, known with good reason, as "the huns"

Offline king tarzan

Suppose you mean cheating on his wife, that's acceptable..
After all he was a man's man.. so assortment of fitties to have fun with on the side 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Offline shed

if you cant see that fair play is a contribution, i cant help you, its self evident to me, the great attraction of celtic was always, that they played cleanly, unlike the great satan across the city, known with good reason, as "the huns"

Rangers most successful team domestically in the world

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline willie loman

they are a mediocre second best to celtic, in the perception of most people, they have won nothing of merit, and have gone into liquidation, possibly the only death on a football pitch that was due to the actions of a player , happened at ibrox

Offline king tarzan

they are a mediocre second best to celtic, in the perception of most people, they have won nothing of merit, and have gone into liquidation, possibly the only death on a football pitch that was due to the actions of a player , happened at ibrox

Also over a the league is weak..

I wish that super League idea took off..

Rangers, Celtic, Manchester United, Manchester city, Chelsea, Bayern Munich, Barcelona, PSG,  AC Milan etc etc.. playing each other home and away...

But ideas was scrapped

Offline Gordon Bennett

Interesting

I always feel that's a bogus measure.... club can put out 100 season tickets in the corner of a shitty stand @ £175 a pop and look like they are not fleecing fans despite the remaining 30000 season tickets costing £1899 each.

A fairer measure would be how much is a season ticket behind the goal 10 rows back, basically look at a random common seating location across all 20 clubs rather than just asking what's the cheapest.

I remember an away game I went to last season had a dozen different prices for a seat, I'm not exaggerating, it was something like:

U3 Free
U7 £5
U12 £7.50
U17 £10
U21 £12
Over 60 £20
Over 65 £15
Ambulant disabled £10 (carer £10)
Wheelchair Free (carer £10)
Student NUS £12
Blue Light Card £20
DHSS £12

And then middleaged muggins me £25!

Offline shed

The £532 at Old Trafford was for the lower tiers at the Stretford End and East stand.

Offline shed

These are the most expensive prices with others in-between

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
The £532 at Old Trafford was for the lower tiers at the Stretford End and East stand.
There isn't very many category 3 seats at St James' for £600, a couple of rows in the Leases end. The majority of seats are category 2 at £659, though it is offset by the family area at £417 for adults and £86 for under 18's. That takes up all of level 7, well round to the away end anyway.

Online mr.bluesky

Not that difficult when it's consistently a two horse race in Scotland. No other clubs in Scotland have the level of support or financial clout of Celtic or Rangers. They are both big fishes in a little pond.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 10:02:02 pm by mr.bluesky »

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
These are the most expensive prices with others in-between
That's not Newcastle's most expensive seats, not counting corporate it's £1,055 in the stands.   :unknown:

Hidden Image/Members Only Hidden Image/Members Only

« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 10:09:11 pm by daviemac »

Offline Goldfinch

Nick Pope: Newcastle United sign England goalkeeper from Burnley for an undisclosed fee