Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Boxing - General thread  (Read 15982 times)

Offline Matrix

Offline king tarzan

Banned reason: Misogynist who gets free bookings from agencies for pos reviews.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline berksboy

Think you would be right.They even fight more then once a year !

Offline king tarzan

Think you would be right.They even fight more then once a year !

And each qaulity fighter..

Not media created sensations

Genuine tough cookies

Offline ulstersubbie

Seen the news that South African Gerrie Coetzee has died. He was heavyweight champion back in the 80's, very rare at the time I should imagine.

Offline king tarzan

Seen the news that South African Gerrie Coetzee has died. He was heavyweight champion back in the 80's, very rare at the time I should imagine.

Decent powerful heavyweight

Offline Matrix

I'm really going to miss K'T's contribution to the thread.  :sarcastic:

Fucking Walloper.

Back on topic.

This channel has uploaded some classic fights in excellent quality.

External Link/Members Only

Offline Davey Dykes

[insertemoji] boxing glove boxing glove boxing glove tiger tiger tiger boxing glove boxing glove boxingglove[/insertemoji] Random line of bollocks. Yes, yes

Offline Matrix

[insertemoji] boxing glove boxing glove boxing glove tiger tiger tiger boxing glove boxing glove boxingglove[/insertemoji] Random line of bollocks. Yes, yes

You missed Chavez.  :lol:

Offline Davey Dykes

Yeah, but if I'd mentioned that then I'd need to toss myself off in public over Hector "Macho" Camacho.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 06:09:16 pm by Davey Dykes »

Offline radioman33

Eubank v Smith @ 10 pm  it’s got a bit nasty between them,looking like a Eubank win I reckon comfortable.Normaly Goldfinch would be doing the boxing link in mili seconds lol

Offline Happiness

I was sorry to see Chris stopped. But Liam did well. I feel like it should have been stopped sooner by Victor, but I wasn’t the referee so it was his call and he did well enough.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 04:39:19 am by Happiness »
Banned reason: Posting one line crap all over the threads / asking to be banned.

Offline Rack Admirer

Eubank v Smith @ 10 pm  it’s got a bit nasty between them,looking like a Eubank win I reckon comfortable.Normaly Goldfinch would be doing the boxing link in mili seconds lol

Goldfinch seems to have disappeared. Not logged in since last August. Strange as he was so active before then.

Offline ulstersubbie

Goldfinch seems to have disappeared. Not logged in since last August. Strange as he was so active before then.

I think Goldfinch has gone for good. A real shame, as he made such a valuable contribution to the forum.   :(

Offline Rack Admirer

I think Goldfinch has gone for good. A real shame, as he made such a valuable contribution to the forum.   :(

I wonder what happened? He was on another forum as well but hasn't logged in there since just before Xmas.

Offline Davey Dykes

I read somewhere that he was a full time carer and might not have thought of his own welfare or situation too much. How much truth is in that I'm really not too sure but hopefully he's okay just without Internet access now.

Offline mr.bluesky

Yeah, I hope all is well with Goldfinch. Always used to post the links to my reviews,  quite often even before I had finished editing them. Came across as a decent sort of bloke.  :drinks:

Offline Matrix

Offline Matrix

Offline mr.bluesky

Highlights of last nights bout.

I'm surprised the referee didn't stop the fight after the first knockdown in round 4 you could clearly see Eubank's legs had turned to jelly and was in no fit state to carry on

Offline ulstersubbie

The real "Rocky"

Interesting read. Wepner fought some real greats at the time, not least Ali.

Offline Matrix

Offline Matrix

Offline timsussex

Having failed to get the doping case thrown out because of faulty testing, violation of his B sample rights or faulty paperwork they succeeded with their Mr Men defence.

Apparently Benn had been following the Mr Strong diet

this however appears to only be round 1
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 12:11:45 am by timsussex »

Offline Davey Dykes

Still find his voice really annoying but knows his stuff alright. Can't really argue with his summing up nor the fact it won't be a massive surprise to see it go either way.

Certainly going to be the most interesting fight in the heavyweight division for many a year.

Offline berksboy

If it happens , still plenty of time for greedy belly to bail out.

Offline Problem Child

Damn! Just read that the Fulton v Inoue fight on 7th May has been postponed after Inoue injured himself in training.
Was really looking forward to this, Inoue is easily my favourite current boxer. Love his efficient , neat style. He’s going up against a naturally bigger fighter in Fulton, but his superior power and skills woulda made for an excellent match up. Hopefully it gets rearranged soon.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 11:44:27 pm by Problem Child »

Offline Matrix

Apparently Fury vs Uysk is off.

Offline Rondonumbanine9

No surprises there, 70/30 split and Fury’s camp still making ludicrous demands.
Banned reason: Too far up his own arse to punt let alone contribute.

Offline Davey Dykes

Last I heard Fury camp happy with 50/50 split for the rematch clause but Ukrainians wanting more. So either they're being cunts for the sake of it or convinced their man will win.

Can't blame them for their belief in him of course but it's far from a certain thing.

Offline chrishornx

Last I heard Fury camp happy with 50/50 split for the rematch clause but Ukrainians wanting more. So either they're being cunts for the sake of it or convinced their man will win.

Can't blame them for their belief in him of course but it's far from a certain thing.

fury wants 70/30 for first match - if he gets beaten why shouldn't it be 30/70 for a rematch if he loses ?

Offline Matrix

Offline Matrix

According to his trainer, Sugar, Fury hasn't done any training for this fight.

It's a shame. He's a great boxer, they both are. Both loaded. Let's get it on or he should re-retire.

Offline Davey Dykes

Offline ulstersubbie

Ken Buchanan has died. RIP big man, shame he came up against Roberto Duran in his prime.  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🥊 :drinks:

Offline WelshMichael

Ken Buchanan has died. RIP big man, shame he came up against Roberto Duran in his prime.  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🥊 :drinks:

A genuine world class boxer, very respected in the USA. Topped the bill at Madison Square Garden a few times during his career. Like many life sadly wasn't good for him towards the end.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2023, 08:15:14 pm by WelshMichael »

Offline willie loman

A genuine world class boxer, very respected in the USA. Topped the bill at Madison Square Garden a few times during his career. Like many life sadly wasn't good for him towards the end.

noticed a statue of him outside john lewiss , little king st, curiously undercelebrated by official edinburgh,

Offline mr.bluesky

Very sad, even for someone like me who doesn't really follow boxing I remember Ken Buchanan and you can guarantee boxers of his era didn't make the sort of money that boxers of today do.

Offline Matrix

A look back at the venerable "Big" George Foremans career. One of my favourite boxers.

Offline Matrix

Highlights of the card from a fortnight ago.

AJ vs Franklin at the end. Their highlights start at round 10..!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 11:19:14 pm by Matrix »

Offline Matrix

Offline berksboy

Watched it live last night and Zhang did a real number on Joyce , his straight left was bang on alnight.

Offline mr.bluesky

Not a massive follower of boxing but I will try and see the forthcoming film " Big George Forman" the life story of the former heavy weight champion. Should be interesting

Offline berksboy

The link above from Matrix is a very good start .

Offline Matrix