Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: BBC 1 & BBC 2  (Read 1329 times)

Offline cotton

I would agree with that, although I wouldn't call it shit  ;) The new episode on Friday via videolink and with no audience just didn't work and was painful to watch at times. Maybe better shelved for now until this over?
Intrigued by your description of a painful to watch episode of hignfy i went onto iplayer to watch it and low and behold it isnt available , it should normally be all last fridays programmes are still available except the news bulletins , so maybe even the BBC agreed it was so painful to watch it needed sweeping under the rug asap.

Offline David1970

I would agree with that, although I wouldn't call it shit  ;) The new episode on Friday via videolink and with no audience just didn't work and was painful to watch at times. Maybe better shelved for now until this over?
I am a big fan of the show, but last Friday was just embarrassing, I switched off after about 10 minutes.

Offline winkywanky

Audience shows tend not to work without an audience, and a panel game to boot, conducted via Skype.

Sadly doomed to failure.

Question Time was pretty shit too. You need the cut and thrust of people all being together, and in the same room with the audience.

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Intrigued by your description of a painful to watch episode of hignfy i went onto iplayer to watch it and low and behold it isnt available , it should normally be all last fridays programmes are still available except the news bulletins , so maybe even the BBC agreed it was so painful to watch it needed sweeping under the rug asap.
I'm watching 'have i got a bit more news for you' on iplayer, not sure what night it's from but it is series 59 episode 1. I just searched iplayer for it. The normal one wouldn't play for some reason.

Offline ulstersubbie

Question Time was pretty shit too.

I stopped watching it when Robin Day left, been manure ever since.

Offline tynetunnel

As a fan of HIGNFY since it started, this weeks episode was a game attempt, but sadly didn’t work. I hope they’ll ditch the remainder of the series  although I suspect they won’t as it’ll have been commissioned and paid for.

Offline tantric talents

I don't know what the hell he's doing now, making corporate videos or something?

I think he is still writing with a bit of acting thrown in. I’m sure I saw him in an episode of “Death in paradise “ I had to endure watching last year?

Offline Beamer

I think he is still writing with a bit of acting thrown in. I’m sure I saw him in an episode of “Death in paradise “ I had to endure watching last year?

I read somewhere that he "blotted his copybook" and is now looking for any bit part available.  He was a good foil for the other two and always came across as highly intelligent.

Offline cotton

I'm watching 'have i got a bit more news for you' on iplayer, not sure what night it's from but it is series 59 episode 1. I just searched iplayer for it. The normal one wouldn't play for some reason.
Yeh series 59 episode 1 is the episode in question and yeh the "bit more" version seems to work , il try and watch it later , hopefully its so painful its funny  :thumbsup:

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
Yeh series 59 episode 1 is the episode in question and yeh the "bit more" version seems to work , il try and watch it later , hopefully its so painful its funny  :thumbsup:
Have to admit I didn't watch it for long, it just didn't seem to work too well to me.

Offline winkywanky

I read somewhere that he "blotted his copybook" and is now looking for any bit part available.  He was a good foil for the other two and always came across as highly intelligent.

It was, rather appropriately, a bit of a scandal which involved cocaine and a lady of dubious virtue. I think? Must be 20yrs ago now, possibly more.

Offline WARSZAWA16

I thought yesterday's HIGNFY was better than last week's (that's not saying a lot, I know). However, it still seemed quite forced and laboured. 

Offline winkywanky

I suppose they're starting to get the hang of it! I might give it another look.

Graham Norton was a little better, easier to just conduct a one-to-one down the line and still get a reasonably entertaining show.

The format is all, really, some formats can work, others can't.

Offline tynetunnel

I thought yesterday's HIGNFY was better than last week's (that's not saying a lot, I know). However, it still seemed quite forced and laboured.

Agreed, much better than week one, but obviously not the same as studio based with an audience

Offline wilbers

Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway just about worked for the last 3 episodes of the series.  First one of those was in the studio without an audience, and the last 2 mainly highlights from previous years with Ant & Dec presenting from their own homes.  Must be especially disappointing for everyone earlier in the series who won the holiday for the last episode of the series.

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway just about worked for the last 3 episodes of the series.  First one of those was in the studio without an audience, and the last 2 mainly highlights from previous years with Ant & Dec presenting from their own homes.  Must be especially disappointing for everyone earlier in the series who won the holiday for the last episode of the series.
They're all going to get the holiday, just at a later date when all this is over.