Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Police letter for kerb crawling  (Read 3185 times)

Offline vaddapalwan

Hi - so I got a letter from met police that says CEOs witnessed my car soliciting in a public place for the purpose of prostitution on Romford Rd.

It's just a warning letter, which I imagine is because no one was actually picked up, just enquired. So just a little warning to anyone to be a bit more vigilant, I think it may have been the girl herself undercover or a nearby unmarked car I'm not sure.

Also, does anyone know if this will be a mark on my name or my car on the police national computer? Or is it simply a warning

Offline Hugger-Mugger

They have logged your car reg and will know the second time they catch you is not the first time.

There will be no penalty from THIS one, but the next one will probably be fast tracked to prosecution. How long they keep it on file is their secret.

A possible concern that some jobsworth civil servant, council employee will have the list of names. A bit of a security risk.

Offline lillythesavage

They have logged your car reg and will know the second time they catch you is not the first time.

There will be no penalty from THIS one, but the next one will probably be fast tracked to prosecution. How long they keep it on file is their secret.

A possible concern that some jobsworth civil servant, council employee will have the list of names. A bit of a security risk.

Councils, like parking firms buy access to the DVLA records, if it is a police letter they have access anyway, you were clocked more than once going around, which you cannot be prosecuted for if you were not caught soliciting, you are driving on a public road which is not illegal.
Probably part of a clean up, your vehicle will now have a marker on the records though, similar to vehicles involved in drugs or other crimes and it does not get removed if you sell it, as I found out when I bought one with a drugs marker and happened to have a lot of cash on me.
I would not worry too much, but do not pick up street girls in that car, they cannot prosecute you for driving on a public road.

Offline hugo.s

might want to mention where this was .. ?

wood green/ tottenham is an area ive heard people have gotten pulled over after picking up a prozzie from the roadside
Banned reason: Undesirable who thinks he’s tough, but infact a complete cunt threats of violence towards SPs
Banned by: Kev40ish

Offline FiveKnuckles

assume it's your private vehicle.  imagine the consequence if it were a company car.

Offline lillythesavage

might want to mention where this was .. ?

wood green/ tottenham is an area ive heard people have gotten pulled over after picking up a prozzie from the roadside

The OP has, maybe you should read before posting  :D

Offline myothernameis

Hi - so I got a letter from met police that says CEOs witnessed my car soliciting in a public place for the purpose of prostitution on Romford Rd.

But how many times before you got the letter, have you been in this street, and how was your speed, cruising to check for prosssies

Offline Stevelondon

Pain in the bloody arse if you’ve inadvertently got yourself a motor that’s marked.
Like Lilly, I bought a very nice thank you vehicle, from a really nice chap in a really nice little Surrey village. Didn’t need it anymore as his eyes were playing up he said.

He had been done for driving under the influence etc. driving uninsured etc.
But the feckin problems I had getting that marker taken off.

I’ve heard a story about some guy buying a car for his wife so she could take the kids to school. Only the car had been involved in an armed robbery previously.
She got stopped by police with guns more than once.
All because the car kept getting flagged.

You’d think it would be an easy job to sit in front of a computer and take that marker off wouldn’t you.
It probably is. But someone is just to lazy to fuckin do it.

My advise to OP.
Sell that Porsche Macan and get a Ford Fiesta with revolving plates.  :D
Punting car geddit.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 07:56:59 am by Stevelondon »

Offline blackx6phantom6

Pain in the bloody arse if you’ve inadvertently got yourself a motor that’s marked.
Like Lilly, I bought a very nice thank you vehicle, from a really nice chap in a really nice little Surrey village. Didn’t need it anymore as his eyes were playing up he said.

I’ve heard a story about some guy buying a car for his wife so she could take the kids to school. Only the car had been involved in an armed robbery previously.

You’d think it would be an easy job to sit in front of a computer and take that marker off wouldn’t you.

My advise to OP.
Punting car geddit.

How would you go about avoiding these things as a buyer ?

Offline lillythesavage

How would you go about avoiding these things as a buyer ?

Calling one area, you might get lucky and they tell you about any markers.

Couple of years back I bought an Audi RS6 Avant, cheap and I knew it had problems because I knew who I was buying it from. Plus there was 36 burner phone boxes, under the boot carpet.

It took a full week of calling Police all over the country getting markers removed and proving it had changed hands, one copper was good enough to tell what other areas had markers on it. You have to call each Police Force, sorry service  :D, that has put a marker on it, there is no central way, even though the marker alerts every area.

Offline advent2016

It's just a warning letter, which I imagine is because no one was actually picked up, just enquired. So just a little warning to anyone to be a bit more vigilant, I think it may have been the girl herself undercover or a nearby unmarked car I'm not sure.

Also, does anyone know if this will be a mark on my name or my car on the police national computer? Or is it simply a warning

If you get a caution it is generally on a DBS check for 6 years, even if it's just a computer generated letter it may still be searched on a DBS enquiry. If the job is n DNS and requires higher levels of SC you might want to put the  details in the pink envelope. Unless you are a persistent offender  they are unlikely to bother you.

Offline PumpDump

If you get a caution it is generally on a DBS check for 6 years, even if it's just a computer generated letter it may still be searched on a DBS enquiry. If the job is n DNS and requires higher levels of SC you might want to put the  details in the pink envelope. Unless you are a persistent offender  they are unlikely to bother you.

What has this got to do with a caution?

Online Crockers

I require an enhanced DBS for my work.  An enhanced DBS will disclose ANY contact you've had with the Fuzz, even if no legal action was taken.

This was introduced after the Soham murders, where the murderer had a clean DBS - that is, no criminal convictions/cautions - but had loads of contact with the police about various sordid matters and complaints.

So it will very likely show up on an enhanced DBS.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 05:56:25 pm by Crockers »

Offline Joelawerence

Prostitution is legal in UK from all I know. What is there a police warning the? Is street prostitution the illegal but in it?

Offline smiths

Prostitution is legal in UK from all I know. What is there a police warning the? Is street prostitution the illegal but in it?

Street prostitution both for the punter and WG is illegal. In this case i assume the OPs car was clocked driving in a RLD area more than once on the same night or day so the cops decided to send a letter. Basically a warning thhat we know what you were up to but wont take any further action this time (probably) but will do if spotted in the same vehicle again in the same area.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 08:13:47 pm by smiths »

Offline smiths

Also i note on the CPS website, the bible of prostitution laws in this country in my view it states a person can get done just for being caught once, their used to be a need to kerb craw persistently, or cause a nuisance.

So if the Police are so minded they could nick a punter and WG even if both have genuinely both never done it before. So of course its true a person can drive a vehicle on a public road as they wish to but the Police can nick you IF they have the evidence, or think they do for picking up a street WG in a vehicle, or even on foot. How often that happens in practice i have no idea, from what i have observed in RLDs the Police are nowhere but do purges on occassion, and mobile signs are sometimes placed in a RLD warning people it is one. And if you stop to speak to a street WG and say wind your window down but dont pick her up you could still get Police bother, whether they can nick you i dont know. But one thing i do know is i wouldnt rely on a street WG to say he was only asking for directions.

All in all its a risky old game, and thats not even taking into account getting fucked over by a street WG as i did who did a runner after i paid her and was gone before i could get out the car, neg review done. I learnt my lesson, its not a scene for me, but as ever as each their own.

Also unless its changed the CPS now views street WGs more as victims than in the past, and its the punter they want to see nicked and done, that excludes persistent street WGs who after warnings still work the street.

Offline advent2016

What has this got to do with a caution?

Even a caution can bite you later in life. It is rumoured that any police record (caution, conviction, prosecution)  before it is purged under the rehabilitation of offenders legislation 1974/1975 (External Link/Members Only) is silently copied to some SIS database just for intelligence purposes.

Offline s0whatsnew?

Even a caution can bite you later in life. It is rumoured that any police record (caution, conviction, prosecution)  before it is purged under the rehabilitation of offenders legislation 1974/1975 (External Link/Members Only) is silently copied to some SIS database just for intelligence purposes.

Yup.  And then try applying for a US visa.

Offline JustaPunter

I require an enhanced DBS for my work.  An enhanced DBS will disclose ANY contact you've had with the Fuzz, even if no legal action was taken.

This was introduced after the Soham murders, where the murderer had a clean DBS - that is, no criminal convictions/cautions - but had loads of contact with the police about various sordid matters and complaints.

So it will very likely show up on an enhanced DBS.

I very much doubt that.

No crime has been committed and if there was the Police would have asked for the details of the driver.

Offline southcoastpunter

I very much doubt that.

No crime has been committed and if there was the Police would have asked for the details of the driver.

kerb crawling is a crime. and the police may have asked the driver for his details,  although the Op does not clearly say so but he does say:

It's just a warning letter, which I imagine is because no one was actually picked up, just enquired.

I think it may have been the girl herself undercover or a nearby unmarked car I'm not sure.

which indicates that maybe he was spoken to by the police because it seems he did stop and speak to a street girl!

Offline JustaPunter

kerb crawling is a crime. and the police may have asked the driver for his details,  although the Op does not clearly say so but he does say:

which indicates that maybe he was spoken to by the police because it seems he did stop and speak to a street girl!

You need to reread the OP

As you are adding details to fit your narrative

A letter was sent to the registered keeper

Nothing more

Offline southcoastpunter

You need to reread the OP

As you are adding details to fit your narrative

A letter was sent to the registered keeper

Nothing more

I think you need to re-read what he put and what i put.

yes he said he got a letter but like i said above, the other stuff he said may suggest that he was spoken to at the time. The Op has not given enough details for you to be 100% sure he wasn't - nor for anyone to be 100% sure he was. Hence why i said "may" and "suggest"!

Online Colston36

I must be eccentric but I find kerb crawling rather creepy.

Offline Micky Boy

I suggest you write to the org that issued the letter, and request a DSAR - Data Subject Access Request. They are legally obliged to respond within 30 days with any information they have stored about you. This covers emails, letters, images, anything. Then you will know one way or the other.

Offline Shagswell2001

My advise to OP.
Punting car geddit.

Many many years ago, I bought a car from an auction back home in Northern Ireland  at the height of the troubles.
I only found out it belonged to a well known terrorist when I nearly got slotted by an undercover army  unit. Luckily my warrent card explained the presence of a 9mm between the seats 😆😆😆